Bulking after surgery - help plz

jackiemoon

Awards
Hey fellas,

Here's the story..
I play college hockey and have had a season ending injury, which doesn't allow me in the gym! Something I'm extremely UNHAPPY about! I've always been a hard gainer, but managed to get myself to 190lbs.

Now I'm sitting at 180 as I've been off the ice and out of the gym for some time now. I'm looking for some help putting together a good/clean diet to help myself get back to 190 as fast as possible. I used to do 6 meals a day and would like to stick to that plan.

Any advice is good advice.

Cheers!

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Are you able to work out now?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Awesome bro and welcome to AM, a lot of great people here to help you.

10lbs is very easily achievable with diet and proper training.
I'm not much help for a meal plan, i can tell you for proteins, BWx1.5, include turkey,chicken, eggs, lean red meats, fish, pork. Fruits and vegs (leafy greens, red potatoes, yams, etc), nuts(almonds), seeds, oatmeal (not quick-made), , whole grain breads/Pastas, rices. 8/6/4/3/2/1 meals a day doesn't matter, but do what you are comfortable with. total daily cal is what is important. A good start is 3000-3500kcal/day.
You can track easily with MyFitnessPal app/website. Add some supps like fish oil, multivitamin (ex Adam), protein shake. Check out the supps forum too, a lot of amazing supps out there to help improve all aspects of training/fitness.

This should get the ball rolling for you. Some of the other peeps here will help with a layout, Some great people here, enjoy!

Good luck brother

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
There are a number of ways to put on mass. Training style can depend. Are you looking to be fast and functional or just put on size at this point?

jackiemoon

Awards
Awesome bro and welcome to AM, a lot of great people here to help you.

10lbs is very easily achievable with diet and proper training.
I'm not much help for a meal plan, i can tell you for proteins, BWx1.5, include turkey,chicken, eggs, lean red meats, fish, pork. Fruits and vegs (leafy greens, red potatoes, yams, etc), nuts(almonds), seeds, oatmeal (not quick-made), , whole grain breads/Pastas, rices. 8/6/4/3/2/1 meals a day doesn't matter, but do what you are comfortable with. total daily cal is what is important. A good start is 3000-3500kcal/day.
You can track easily with MyFitnessPal app/website. Add some supps like fish oil, multivitamin (ex Adam), protein shake. Check out the supps forum too, a lot of amazing supps out there to help improve all aspects of training/fitness.

This should get the ball rolling for you. Some of the other peeps here will help with a layout, Some great people here, enjoy!

Good luck brother

Thank you very much for the help. Guess I'll have to change my grocery list for this weekend! I appreciate it man!

jackiemoon

Awards
There are a number of ways to put on mass. Training style can depend. Are you looking to be fast and functional or just put on size at this point?
Well I have to miss the rest of the season so I'm looking to add back the size I lost since being out of the game. Being fast and functional would be a big plus of course.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I was going to suggest german volume training or the Program by pro bodybuilder Ben Pakulski called mi40.
While you have to pay for the later program (technically)-it can be found if you look around) I think it may suite you because you are recovering from injury. Essentially, it focuses on time under tension with moderate weight and intensifier techniques to put on size as opposed to lifting heavy weight with the risk of injury. I think this would be safer if you're recovering from a major injury.

The program also comes with nutrition plans and 2.3gb of videos that show you how to perform each exersise to perfection using his style. Its well worth picking up! I halved the weight i was lifting on some exersises and ended up sorer than ever! Its good stuff. Everything from the program can be applied in every other program you do later.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
I have been doing high (15-20) reps low-mid (50% or less) weight for approx 6 weeks due to permanent injury. I am extremely happy with the results. It's an adjustment from knowing only heavy. I throw a heavy set in where I can. Heavy gave quicker results but lighter is better for this situation.

What was your injury if you don't mind?

jackiemoon

Awards
I was going to suggest german volume training or the Program by pro bodybuilder Ben Pakulski called mi40.
While you have to pay for the later program (technically)-it can be found if you look around) I think it may suite you because you are recovering from injury. Essentially, it focuses on time under tension with moderate weight and intensifier techniques to put on size as opposed to lifting heavy weight with the risk of injury. I think this would be safer if you're recovering from a major injury.

The program also comes with nutrition plans and 2.3gb of videos that show you how to perform each exersise to perfection using his style. Its well worth picking up! I halved the weight i was lifting on some exersises and ended up sorer than ever! Its good stuff. Everything from the program can be applied in every other program you do later.
Hmm that Mi40 program sounds interesting! Thanks for the insight bro

jackiemoon

Awards
I have been doing high (15-20) reps low-mid (50% or less) weight for approx 6 weeks due to permanent injury. I am extremely happy with the results. It's an adjustment from knowing only heavy. I throw a heavy set in where I can. Heavy gave quicker results but lighter is better for this situation.

What was your injury if you don't mind?

The doc told me I have a posterior sternoclavicular dislocation. Basically means my collar bone is behind my sternum. Very painful haha