New(again) to working out

cameronman223

Awards
I am trying to lose weigh while gaining 20-30 pounds of muscle(eventually trying to look like Thor, if you've ever seen the movie)
I have heard that I need to gain the muscle first by bulking and then going back in an cutting? Is this correct?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to lose weigh while gaining 20-30 pounds of muscle(eventually trying to look like Thor, if you've ever seen the movie)
I have heard that I need to gain the muscle first by bulking and then going back in an cutting? Is this correct?
You CAN lose BF and Gain muscle at the same time... but it takes time...

The guy's great man. What's ur stats right now? Height weight diet scheme and all that? What's ur program type right now and all that. tell me. I'll help u all I could...

cameronman223

Awards
I gave you all the stats in the other forum so let's just stick to that one so we don't get confused haha

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
U can pretty much GAIN muscle while keeping bf at bay... or u can lose fat while keeping muscle constant.... It's not that U need to add fat while you add muscle... U just need a v strict diet and a high intensity training program along with 2-4 times of fair slow cardio... U need any more help regarding diet or training routine... tell me.. .I am here.

cameronman223

Awards
Alright man thanks, well I get up at 530 in the mornings to go running before school, how intense should my jogs be if I want to lose bf while gaining muscle?
Are you on a strict diet? If so what is it like?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I am not on a strict diet... it's hard for me to maintain, not keeping myself away from foods, but keeping on healthy and good foods... they are costly for me, I don't earn I don't have a job I just try to keep up I am a college guy who dosent even know will his college dues be pain the nxt semester or not...
Alright man thanks, well I get up at 530 in the mornings to go running before school, how intense should my jogs be if I want to lose bf while gaining muscle?
Are you on a strict diet? If so what is it like?
As for your cardio it should not be fast running, it should be a moderate intensity jog... like a jog for 30 mins or soo. Try to start with a 30 mins jog and keep that up for about 1-2 months, if u feel it's a lil less, add in more... just keep it simple... try to eat clean as u can healthy as u can, don't take heavy meals talk small meals more times a day, prolly 5 is good... (I would be lucky to have 5 meals a day I can't even sometimes get 3 :( )

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Diet could be whey, oats. 100mgs of fruit, 250 grams of chicken mmm mmm! Some brown rice. 6 eggs! I sometimes eat 8 to 10 eggs a day! Some mashed taters and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter along with your protein shake ;-)

If you want to lose body fat first and then gain mass you could do that! Do cardio and incorporate some lifting as well! Lighter weights and high reps!

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
4 to 5 meals is good agreed with zubda

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd worry about setting up, then getting to your macros. If you're trying to bulk, worry less about how you get to your numbers, just get to em.

cameronman223

Awards
I am not on a strict diet... it's hard for me to maintain, not keeping myself away from foods, but keeping on healthy and good foods... they are costly for me, I don't earn I don't have a job I just try to keep up I am a college guy who dosent even know will his college dues be pain the nxt semester or not...

As for your cardio it should not be fast running, it should be a moderate intensity jog... like a jog for 30 mins or soo. Try to start with a 30 mins jog and keep that up for about 1-2 months, if u feel it's a lil less, add in more... just keep it simple... try to eat clean as u can healthy as u can, don't take heavy meals talk small meals more times a day, prolly 5 is good... (I would be lucky to have 5 meals a day I can't even sometimes get 3 :( )
Alright, well tomorrow I'm gonna start with a light jog and then see how fast I can run the mile since I haven't done it in so long, I'm curious to see how far I've fallen haha yeah I dont have a job yet either but I'm supposed to be getting one this summer at whataburger! Uh oh! Hard to eat healthy there!!

As for the 5 meals a day...why 5 smaller ones and not just 3 bigger ones? And since I take my lunch to school should I just divide it two ways throughout the day?

cameronman223

Awards
Also, trank, I was reading in your biography and 2 of the best shows are impractical jokers and UFC! I can't stop laughing and I watch impractical jokers over and over
And UFC I want until it comes on tv or I watch it online for free later if I have time, I just can't pay 40 dollars for 3 fights haha

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Also, trank, I was reading in your biography and 2 of the best shows are impractical jokers and UFC! I can't stop laughing and I watch impractical jokers over and over
And UFC I want until it comes on tv or I watch it online for free later if I have time, I just can't pay 40 dollars for 3 fights haha
Yeah my fiance got me into that show and I sent my dad a couple of episodes of Impractical Jokers and he didn't like it so much but I thought it was hilarious! Especially the one where they try and get Frozen Yogurt. Whoever got the cheapest and Sal's accent cracks me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ACVspDPZo

Sal and Joe are my favorite!

I love UFC bro! Who's your favorite fighter(s)?

cameronman223

Awards
Haha oh yeah! Murr is my favorite and I love web she talks her down to like 14 cents an then asks if she can break 100!

Umm probably chuck liddell or Brock lesnar,
Randy couture used to be my favorite until he retired and got whooped by the iceman!
And Brock is just a beast!

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Yeah chucks the man! Hahaha I know I want all the episodes man I could watch that ish over and over again! I'm always doing ish like that when we are at the grocery store with my fiance and I. Nosing people or caressing some ole ladys hair hahaha messing with people is fun!

cameronman223

Awards
Haha yeah! I don't like hurting other people's feeling and they never do! they just creep em out or something haha..
Haha back to the main topic!

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Alright, well tomorrow I'm gonna start with a light jog and then see how fast I can run the mile since I haven't done it in so long, I'm curious to see how far I've fallen haha yeah I dont have a job yet either but I'm supposed to be getting one this summer at whataburger! Uh oh! Hard to eat healthy there!!

As for the 5 meals a day...why 5 smaller ones and not just 3 bigger ones? And since I take my lunch to school should I just divide it two ways throughout the day?
Hey man, I couldn't reply before... But hopefully tonight u'll read it.

Yeah U go run and also tell me how was it? How much time for 1 mile?

Well as far as Hard to eat healthy there, I think in US or Canada or UK and etc, one can prolly get all types of food 24/7. U will be able to manage once you make up ur mind... U can even rely on milk... Milk is an awesome thing which can add up muscle to u... and it also healthy and great...

OK so for eatting more small meals a day rather than less big meals a day... By eatting small meals you will provide ur body food when it needs... U'll be able to manage more healthy calories this way/even less if you want to. The trick is eating when you are truly hungry but not risking overeating or eating out of control. To me, true hunger is when your stomach feels definitely empty; but once you feel this, (I do feel this everyday and I know at that time I have to go and get something in me even it's milk or an apple or anything) don't go more than an hour without eating or you will move from truly hungry to starvation. if u have big meals you'll be prolly giving ur body a BUST of food which it DOESN'T require at the moment... and ur body may start to store the excess of that in the form of fats in it, however if u provide it with small food more times, it'll be getting the food it NEEDS and it won't be stored in form of fats. Your metabolism will be good. the more often you eat throughout the day, the faster your metabolism. And the faster your metabolism, the more calories your body burns throughout the day. Now how's that gonna benefit Muscle gain? think again! eatting more times a day, u will keep providing your body with the energy it needs to make itself grow, rather than eatting once and getting lazy and sleepy sitting on a couch! U know that eatting make u grow right? but eatting too much will make you fat, but u need to eat to grow... so dividing ur BIG meals into small meals per day will help you keep on eatting and not getting fat.

well this was the most simpler I could get lol :p if you want more info on that, tell me again I'll explain it to you as much as I can.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Now don't u go on eatting small Burgers or 1 icecream scoop every 3 hours LOL :p

cameronman223

Awards
Hey man, I couldn't reply before... But hopefully tonight u'll read it.

Yeah U go run and also tell me how was it? How much time for 1 mile?

Well as far as Hard to eat healthy there, I think in US or Canada or UK and etc, one can prolly get all types of food 24/7. U will be able to manage once you make up ur mind... U can even rely on milk... Milk is an awesome thing which can add up muscle to u... and it also healthy and great...

OK so for eatting more small meals a day rather than less big meals a day... By eatting small meals you will provide ur body food when it needs... U'll be able to manage more healthy calories this way/even less if you want to. The trick is eating when you are truly hungry but not risking overeating or eating out of control. To me, true hunger is when your stomach feels definitely empty; but once you feel this, (I do feel this everyday and I know at that time I have to go and get something in me even it's milk or an apple or anything) don't go more than an hour without eating or you will move from truly hungry to starvation. if u have big meals you'll be prolly giving ur body a BUST of food which it DOESN'T require at the moment... and ur body may start to store the excess of that in the form of fats in it, however if u provide it with small food more times, it'll be getting the food it NEEDS and it won't be stored in form of fats. Your metabolism will be good. the more often you eat throughout the day, the faster your metabolism. And the faster your metabolism, the more calories your body burns throughout the day. Now how's that gonna benefit Muscle gain? think again! eatting more times a day, u will keep providing your body with the energy it needs to make itself grow, rather than eatting once and getting lazy and sleepy sitting on a couch! U know that eatting make u grow right? but eatting too much will make you fat, but u need to eat to grow... so dividing ur BIG meals into small meals per day will help you keep on eatting and not getting fat.

well this was the most simpler I could get lol :p if you want more info on that, tell me again I'll explain it to you as much as I can.
I actually didnt! My alarm didn't go off! But I'm guessing it will be a little under 8 minutes): I wanna get it down to a 6 minute mile!

I understand what your trying to say! Eat when your hungry do your body uses up the food right away instead of eating alot when planned to and risking holding on to whatever calories you don't burn off throughout the day...

I bring my lunch to school, so should I just eat one part of it every time I get really hungry?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
yes!! U got that right. No problem man just do it whenever u can btw if u focus too much on running, muscle gain may get difficult... And yes just eat one part of it whn u r hungry...

Make sure ur lunch is solid. Do morning cardio and u'll see u'll get hungry alot of times a day...

cameronman223

Awards
What do you mean if I focus to much on running, muscle gain will get difficult? How?

By solid you mean jam packed with protein?

And your saying that I should eat when I'm feeling hungry?(healthy foods only)

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean if I focus to much on running, muscle gain will get difficult? How?

By solid you mean jam packed with protein?

And your saying that I should eat when I'm feeling hungry?(healthy foods only)
Yes. Doing too much cardio will prolly/may also burn the calories which are required by your body to built up muscle... keep the cardio but not too much. Moderate cardio 3-4 days a week...

By solid I mean a proper meal. a good mix of Carbs, Proteins and fats (healthy fats) Carbs are a must for growth of muscles... even fats are required. Try taking 2grams of proteins per lbs of your bodyweight a day.

Eat every 2-3 or even 4 hours... E.g: If you take a small meal at 12pm. u'll surely be getting hungry at 3pm. Even if you are not hungry give your body something lil to eat. U can also wait another hour after 3 hours if u don't want to eat at that time... Yes try to get healthy foods. Good foods. Do a cheat meal (eat whatever you want, if you want you can even eat a **** load on a cheat meal to satisfy your carving; that is what I call a dirty cheat, it's awesome when your having it after a wait of few weeks) once or even twice a week.

cameronman223

Awards
Yes. Doing too much cardio will prolly/may also burn the calories which are required by your body to built up muscle... keep the cardio but not too much. Moderate cardio 3-4 days a week...

By solid I mean a proper meal. a good mix of Carbs, Proteins and fats (healthy fats) Carbs are a must for growth of muscles... even fats are required. Try taking 2grams of proteins per lbs of your bodyweight a day.

Eat every 2-3 or even 4 hours... E.g: If you take a small meal at 12pm. u'll surely be getting hungry at 3pm. Even if you are not hungry give your body something lil to eat. U can also wait another hour after 3 hours if u don't want to eat at that time... Yes try to get healthy foods. Good foods. Do a cheat meal (eat whatever you want, if you want you can even eat a **** load on a cheat meal to satisfy your carving; that is what I call a dirty cheat, it's awesome when your having it after a wait of few weeks) once or even twice a week.
Okay..should I try an figure out how many calories I'm burning while jogging so that I don't do to much?

What are some good, fast healthy fats that can be put in a ziploc for school? An 2 grams of protein for my bodyweight would be 354 grams an that's alot!

Okay I completely understand that last part!! ;)

Swordfish II

Awards
Haha I didn't understand anything that you said, sorry
Those guys reccomended 5 meals a day, which is the old school method. That was when it was believed that constant food would prevent your muscle from breaking down, and keep your metabolism humming. Recently it was discovered that 5 meals a day aren't needed, rather the timing of the meals in relation to your workout is actually the important part.

IF or intermittent fasting has been shown to be more effective for both cutting up and putting on quality muscle. I still subscribe to 5 meals a day because it fits my schedule and needs better, but there isn't just one way to do things. In the next year I will likely experiment and see how my body reacts to IF.

Read these articles for more info about IF

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

A final piece of advice for you: Nobody can do this stuff (diet, nutrition, lifting) for you, you have to want to do it. That desire to get bigger and stronger should encourage you to do research and read studies on your own, and not just ask other people what to do. That wont get you anywhere.

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Those guys reccomended 5 meals a day, which is the old school method. That was when it was believed that constant food would prevent your muscle from breaking down, and keep your metabolism humming. Recently it was discovered that 5 meals a day aren't needed, rather the timing of the meals in relation to your workout is actually the important part.

IF or intermittent fasting has been shown to be more effective for both cutting up and putting on quality muscle. I still subscribe to 5 meals a day because it fits my schedule and needs better, but there isn't just one way to do things. In the next year I will likely experiment and see how my body reacts to IF.

Read these articles for more info about IF

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

A final piece of advice for you: Nobody can do this stuff (diet, nutrition, lifting) for you, you have to want to do it. That desire to get bigger and stronger should encourage you to do research and read studies on your own, and not just ask other people what to do. That wont get you anywhere.
Interesting articles thanks brother! Good to know!

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Interesting to say the least will try that!

Swordfish II

Awards
Okay..should I try an figure out how many calories I'm burning while jogging so that I don't do to much?

What are some good, fast healthy fats that can be put in a ziploc for school? An 2 grams of protein for my bodyweight would be 354 grams an that's alot!

Okay I completely understand that last part!! ;)
Knowing how much you burn from jogging wont help if you dont know how many calories your body burns a day at rest. To further complicate matters your body will adapt and become more efficient at running and thus burn less calories the more you do. In addition, the heavier you are the more calories your body will need a day, the converse is also true: the lighter you are the less calories you will need. There are many factors in play especially with the hormones of a teen which add an extra skew to the mix.

I said it in a different thread you made, but the best thing you can do is aim to take in 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, lift heavy, and eat a lot, especially since you don't seem to want to figure out what will work for you.

Peanut butter, EVOO, Coconut oil, Flax seed oil, and fish oil are all good fats