Am i eating like a lil' bitch?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    ok, so for current lean gains diet for me, I detailed out yesterdays, a workout day

breakfast
    2 1/4lb salmon patties each on a whole grain bun, a glass of hood calorie countdown milk, a banana, an orange, a whole grain waffle with real maple syrup, and a glass of pineapple/orange juice

dinner
    .86 lbs of thin sliced top sirloin panfried, 8oz (dry weight) kamut/quinoa noodles, a can of red clam sauce and 2 large glasses of red wine

right around 3000 calories for the day for 2 meals. breakfast was at 1pm, dinner at 630

around
    More good ideAs Easy, I never even heard of salmon patties, gotta expand my food list. Still want to hear fueledpassion's lean gain diet. Anyone else with good meals please post ,that's part of what this thread is about also.

2. sams club has them pretty reasonably priced, you pan fry them from frozen, so they are convenient too, don't need to thaw them first.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    sams club has them pretty reasonably priced, you pan fry them from frozen, so they are convenient too, don't need to thaw them first.
    Yea I might have to join Costco , SAMs club is too far.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Daddydee View Post
    Still want to hear fueledpassion's lean gain diet.
    Here you go:

Breakfast between 12:30 - 2PM (it varies from day to day for me)

-4 whole fried eggs (in Canola Oil)
    -10oz of Chicken Breast Tenderloins skillet fried in canola and olive oil, spiced w/ Cajun and Creole Seasoning
    -Baked Potato or Sweet Potato with the works

Second Meal is sometimes a mini meal for me and I take it in about 3 hours after the first. Today's was:

-3 Cups of Oatmeal Squares
    -2 Cups of 1% milk

Thus far my macros are as follows: Fat - 31.95g, Carbs - 194.04g, Prot - 103.49, total Cals ~ 1450

I haven't made up my mind for third meal. But other main entrees that I use are:

-Veggie Burgers
    -Deer/Venison
    -Duck
    -Fresh Catfish or store bought Swai
    -An assortment of casseroles and various dishes w/ these different meats
    -KASHI cereal (watch out they give you gas) These are SUPER LOADED with macros and micros.

And sides are mostly from garden consisting of:

-Peaches
    -Watermelon
    -Tomatoes
    -Okra
    -Squash
    -Zucc
    -Peppers
    -Cucumbers
    -Purple Hull Peas
    -Wheat and whole grain breads only

And the list goes on really. I typically can and freeze most of the garden stuff to preserve them for winter use. It's imperative to find at least 50% of your daily carbs from fruits and veggies IMO. Just all around better quality. I just mix and match stuff like this. My macro goals look like this per each meal...

Breakfast (on days that I perform a fasted training session)

Protein ~ 75-100g
    Carbs ~ < 50g
    Fats ~ < 30g

Max caloric intake: 870 calories

2nd meal

Protein ~ 30-50g
    Carbs ~ 50-100g
    Fats ~ < 15g

Max Caloric Intake ~ 735 calories

Last meal

Protein ~ 25-50g
    Carbs ~ 50-75g
    Fats ~ < 10g

Max caloric intake ~ 590 calories
    Max caloric intake daily ~ 2195 calories

Total macro ranges - Protein ~ 130-200g, Carbs ~ 150-225g, Fats ~ 50-60g

5. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion

Here you go:

Breakfast between 12:30 - 2PM (it varies from day to day for me)

-4 whole fried eggs (in Canola Oil)
    -10oz of Chicken Breast Tenderloins skillet fried in canola and olive oil, spiced w/ Cajun and Creole Seasoning
    -Baked Potato or Sweet Potato with the works

Second Meal is sometimes a mini meal for me and I take it in about 3 hours after the first. Today's was:

-3 Cups of Oatmeal Squares
    -2 Cups of 1% milk

Thus far my macros are as follows: Fat - 31.95g, Carbs - 194.04g, Prot - 103.49, total Cals ~ 1450

I haven't made up my mind for third meal. But other main entrees that I use are:

-Veggie Burgers
    -Deer/Venison
    -Duck
    -Fresh Catfish or store bought Swai
    -An assortment of casseroles and various dishes w/ these different meats
    -KASHI cereal (watch out they give you gas) These are SUPER LOADED with macros and micros.

And sides are mostly from garden consisting of:

-Peaches
    -Watermelon
    -Tomatoes
    -Okra
    -Squash
    -Zucc
    -Peppers
    -Cucumbers
    -Purple Hull Peas
    -Wheat and whole grain breads only

And the list goes on really. I typically can and freeze most of the garden stuff to preserve them for winter use. It's imperative to find at least 50% of your daily carbs from fruits and veggies IMO. Just all around better quality. I just mix and match stuff like this. My macro goals look like this per each meal...

Breakfast (on days that I perform a fasted training session)

Protein ~ 75-100g
    Carbs ~ < 50g
    Fats ~ < 30g

Max caloric intake: 870 calories

2nd meal

Protein ~ 30-50g
    Carbs ~ 50-100g
    Fats ~ < 15g

Max Caloric Intake ~ 735 calories

Last meal

Protein ~ 25-50g
    Carbs ~ 50-75g
    Fats ~ < 10g

Max caloric intake ~ 590 calories
    Max caloric intake daily ~ 2195 calories

Total macro ranges - Protein ~ 130-200g, Carbs ~ 150-225g, Fats ~ 50-60g
    That is a good plan, but I have a fast metabolism would it not be better for me to go up in weight and come down? Your meal plan looks good for someone heavier than me basically trying to get enough macros to train without over eating - a matinence program-.,, I'm trying to bulk up and also get my body accustomed to packing it in, watever changes I make are for life or until I get where I want to be and focus on matinence, ive not paid my diet the proper attention until now so this is an overdue lifestyle change for me ,one thing I know is eating like this makes me feel good. My body is craving more the more I eat, I'm eating a hamburger pattie and rotinni while I'm typing this right now! Still have dinner to go ! But fueledP those are just questions I'm askin, not ****ting on your point.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Daddydee View Post
    That is a good plan, but I have a fast metabolism would it not be better for me to go up in weight and come down? Your meal plan looks good for someone heavier than me basically trying to get enough macros to train without over eating - a matinence program-.,, I'm trying to bulk up and also get my body accustomed to packing it in, watever changes I make are for life or until I get where I want to be and focus on matinence, ive not paid my diet the proper attention until now so this is an overdue lifestyle change for me ,one thing I know is eating like this makes me feel good. My body is craving more the more I eat, I'm eating a hamburger pattie and rotinni while I'm typing this right now! Still have dinner to go ! But fueledP those are just questions I'm askin, not ****ting on your point.
    A few extra reasons/explanations for the Lean Gains Diet:

1) It controls appetite very effectively once you've established the routine
    2) It doesn't dictate what you eat or even how much, it only calls for nutrient timing. All that really matters is that your PW meal is the largest. Ideally, you would do fasted training, break the fast with a post-workout meal that is large and full of protein. The timing is all the same on Lean Gains, the only thing that changes is the caloric intake and the macro ratios - all of which are dictated by your goals. The creator of this diet has 3 different protocols. You should look them up honestly. His website is very informative and interesting to say the least.

And I noticed you mentioned something about my diet being maintenance for a larger individual..did you see my weight? Metabolism doesn't get any faster than what mine is currently. It just can't really unless you are a runner that trains for marathons/triatholon's. I'm trying to help you do this the right way because the right way is easier and more satisfying in the end. No need going off and making yourself fat then having to cut it back down. Let's try and pack on pure muscle...slow and steady. We want to put on mass without adding fat, correct? Well IMO the IF is the way to go. During that 16hrs, your insulin sensitivity goes way up, moreso than a normal 8-12 hour fasting period. Because you make your body "super sensitive" to insulin every day, your body becomes more anabolic every time you eat. Because every time you eat your insulin is released to do it's work. Your body responds to the insulin spike during your meal like it's the first time, like it's a virgin. Thus, a more dramatic result in anabolic activity. And since the Lean Gains Diet lets you eat like a king for 8hr..you get big satisfying meals that DO NOT reduce your metabolic rate. The advice to eat several tiny meals a day does not add up to real truth. It's a good plan if you want to be inconvenienced and always hungry tho. So you decided brotha.

Oh and one more thing, I know there is alot of bro science around here that you have to eat 2g protein per lb of body weight to have nice results in muscle mass. This simply isn't true. Sure, you'll grow with that amount, but you might also be wasting protein, taxing the kidneys, and possibly storing up fats too. All you need is about 1-1.25g of protein per lb of body weight for mass gains. It's plenty. If you eat 1.5g/lb and are still losing weight and muscle mass, it's because you are not eating enough carbs and fats. Hope this helps, sir.

7. You can say you have a fast metabolism, but what is the point in spending 6 months to get fat then 4 months to get lean again, and need to have 3 different sizes in clothes to switch back and forth from ?

8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You can say you have a fast metabolism, but what is the point in spending 6 months to get fat then 4 months to get lean again, and need to have 3 different sizes in clothes to switch back and forth from ?
    Ditto.

I did that last year and am undoing it now. I just don't want anyone else to do it like this too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion

A few extra reasons/explanations for the Lean Gains Diet:

1) It controls appetite very effectively once you've established the routine
    2) It doesn't dictate what you eat or even how much, it only calls for nutrient timing. All that really matters is that your PW meal is the largest. Ideally, you would do fasted training, break the fast with a post-workout meal that is large and full of protein. The timing is all the same on Lean Gains, the only thing that changes is the caloric intake and the macro ratios - all of which are dictated by your goals. The creator of this diet has 3 different protocols. You should look them up honestly. His website is very informative and interesting to say the least.

And I noticed you mentioned something about my diet being maintenance for a larger individual..did you see my weight? Metabolism doesn't get any faster than what mine is currently. It just can't really unless you are a runner that trains for marathons/triatholon's. I'm trying to help you do this the right way because the right way is easier and more satisfying in the end. No need going off and making yourself fat then having to cut it back down. Let's try and pack on pure muscle...slow and steady. We want to put on mass without adding fat, correct? Well IMO the IF is the way to go. During that 16hrs, your insulin sensitivity goes way up, moreso than a normal 8-12 hour fasting period. Because you make your body "super sensitive" to insulin every day, your body becomes more anabolic every time you eat. Because every time you eat your insulin is released to do it's work. Your body responds to the insulin spike during your meal like it's the first time, like it's a virgin. Thus, a more dramatic result in anabolic activity. And since the Lean Gains Diet lets you eat like a king for 8hr..you get big satisfying meals that DO NOT reduce your metabolic rate. The advice to eat several tiny meals a day does not add up to real truth. It's a good plan if you want to be inconvenienced and always hungry tho. So you decided brotha.

Oh and one more thing, I know there is alot of bro science around here that you have to eat 2g protein per lb of body weight to have nice results in muscle mass. This simply isn't true. Sure, you'll grow with that amount, but you might also be wasting protein, taxing the kidneys, and possibly storing up fats too. All you need is about 1-1.25g of protein per lb of body weight for mass gains. It's plenty. If you eat 1.5g/lb and are still losing weight and muscle mass, it's because you are not eating enough carbs and fats. Hope this helps, sir.
    Yes it's a big help thanks , but I would have to study up on it cause I'm a lil confused, maybe cause it's a foriegn strategy to me, I'll look into it , but like you said the common knowledge is the small meal stratagy , whether u agree with it or not. It's most of what I know. But your way looks alot more convinient , I'm willing to try different things. But please google Ed Byrd's "principles of nutrition" check it out it's old but the frame work is what I use for my intake .

10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    You can say you have a fast metabolism, but what is the point in spending 6 months to get fat then 4 months to get lean again, and need to have 3 different sizes in clothes to switch back and forth from ?
    You r right easy but I was tryin to eat clean, it was someone here who told me just eat every thing in sight , I liked the first plan you showed me, wasn't any garbage food in it. I have to study how lean gain diet works for me be cyst believe me I'm feeling good , but would love to cut some meals out, save time less hassle , basiscally sound like the idea is to Set your body up to get it's nutrient right after a workout when it is primed to absorb everything you put in post workout then eat again later when metabolic rate goes back up for dinner.

11. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion

Ditto.

I did that last year and am undoing it now. I just don't want anyone else to do it like this too.
    Thanks for looking out but I need time to change what I'm doin now, I'm so used to it now ,and it was a challenge for me to get here , and stay here . I will try

12. Quote Originally Posted by Daddydee View Post
    You r right easy but I was tryin to eat clean, it was someone here who told me just eat every thing in sight , I liked the first plan you showed me, wasn't any garbage food in it. I have to study how lean gain diet works for me be cyst believe me I'm feeling good , but would love to cut some meals out, save time less hassle , basiscally sound like the idea is to Set your body up to get it's nutrient right after a workout when it is primed to absorb everything you put in post workout then eat again later when metabolic rate goes back up for dinner.
    You sort of got that concept right, lol. Metabolic rate increases per caloric intake and lifestyle, not frequency of meals. So, the bigger the meal, the greater the increase in metabolic activity. There is a study showing this result. Lean Gains author references such abstracts.

Also, You can break your fast at 3pm every day with a 800 calorie meal. Have another one around 7pm about the same size, go workout at 9pm or so and have largest meal being post-workout meal late at night. End fast at 11pm. Do it over and over again every day..

It might also help for you to get your BMR setup as well. Using the calculator and a few guessing numbers, I'd say your BMR is around 1715 calories which is about what mine is too. With a moderate activity lifestyle you need about 2650 calories to maintain weight. +300 calories per day and you'll have good steady gains IMO.

13. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion

You sort of got that concept right, lol. Metabolic rate increases per caloric intake and lifestyle, not frequency of meals. So, the bigger the meal, the greater the increase in metabolic activity. There is a study showing this result. Lean Gains author references such abstracts.

Also, You can break your fast at 3pm every day with a 800 calorie meal. Have another one around 7pm about the same size, go workout at 9pm or so and have largest meal being post-workout meal late at night. End fast at 11pm. Do it over and over again every day..

It might also help for you to get your BMR setup as well. Using the calculator and a few guessing numbers, I'd say your BMR is around 1715 calories which is about what mine is too. With a moderate activity lifestyle you need about 2650 calories to maintain weight. +300 calories per day and you'll have good steady gains IMO.
    Ok 2 large meals after fast ,bigger meal post work out, bmr? Has to do with height , age, and weight right? My work is very active. As you know this plan is very different from what I'm doing now, almost opposite , let me do some research/planning and get back to you . When I have an out line I'll show you and you can let me know what u think.

14. This is what I had today:
    Coffee
    2 oatmeal bars
    1/4 lb.honey turkey
    2eggs
    Lettuce tomato
    1/4 serving Russian bear 5000 gainer (1250 cals/w 1 quart milk)
    2bananas
    1/2 pound grilled chicken w/ lettuce &
    tomato
    3/4 lb. burger w/ pasta
    Cup of nuts
    1 tilapia fillet 1/2 cup pasta
    late post Srry I fell asleep :P

15. Today's my day off ,always ****ing up
    On this day cause I sleep late.

16. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    In one word: YUP!

Bro, you're 5'10" and a buck-fiddy! You need to be eating heavy and training heavy!
    100% agree, eat big lift big, get big

17. Quote Originally Posted by Daddydee View Post
    That's it? How many cals is that? I can definitely do something like that easy, sounds much eaiser than what I'm doin , is it the almond butter and coconut oil giving good cals. ?
    yeah Easy's definitely on the money with that one. Almonds have so many health benefits it's crazy, and they have a high "good" fat content that helps you add calories. Coconut is similar but does have some saturated fat so be careful. I wouldn't worry though since you workout, you have a physical job, and you want to gain weight.

18. I'd eat more whole food.
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.

19. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    actually running it through a calculator, its over 4000 calories. I forgot what I used to eat like when bulking
    Can you tell me what calculator ur using? And is there any app or online calculator where u can enter in food names, and portion sizes to get macro info?

20. Fitday.com, nutrtiondata.com and livestrong.com all are pretty good. Check them all out, see which has more of what you usually eat

21. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    Fitday.com, nutrtiondata.com and livestrong.com all are pretty good. Check them all out, see which has more of what you usually eat
    Thanks easy , I will check them out.

22. Just eat everything in sight until you become a big fatty. Best advice I ever got.

23. It getting large and fat was the man's goal, then there is no need for weightlifting or exercise in general. Just do what the majority of americans already do - eat crappy macros with poor quality food such as fast foods everday and have a sedendtary lifestyle, watch lots of tv, and never do any perimeter shopping at the grocery store. Rather, just go straight for the quick meals that are processed and frozen. Basically, just be lazy and you'll get big. Otherwise, consider the more gratifying way that Easy and I have presented to you..

24. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    It getting large and fat was the man's goal, then there is no need for weightlifting or exercise in general. Just do what the majority of americans already do - eat crappy macros with poor quality food such as fast foods everday and have a sedendtary lifestyle, watch lots of tv, and never do any perimeter shopping at the grocery store. Rather, just go straight for the quick meals that are processed and frozen. Basically, just be lazy and you'll get big. Otherwise, consider the more gratifying way that Easy and I have presented to you..
    I guess you didn't realise I was joking, but for someone who is trying to gain weight, he does need to eat more. He seems to be eating "correctly" or at least making the attempt, so to gain he just needs to push himself more. You can get complicated with it, but until he masters the simple control over his body and diet, whats the use of the complex stuff? Thats pretty much all I meant by it. Carry on...

25. My bad. And u r right about all of that. I dont think the LG diet would have worked well for me had I not already been established in some diet discipline..

26. I know that I have had to work on my diet ALOT because I like to eat alot, but the foods I find available are not always right. It's hard to make due with what you have sometime, but it def helps to be experienced and know how to cope with the hunger etc.

27. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin
    I know that I have had to work on my diet ALOT because I like to eat alot, but the foods I find available are not always right. It's hard to make due with what you have sometime, but it def helps to be experienced and know how to cope with the hunger etc.
    That's what I'm trying to do , I could eat everything I see in my house but I'm trying to be a little better about it. And volume is another issue I'm going to improve. But u can't beat quality food. Thanks for all the opinions. Keep up the debate. One thing that's in my mind: can't a LG diet be achieved through multiple meals as long as these meals are quality foods? Instead of the early morning fast? or three big meals method? I've been trying to hold off on my first meal throughout last week, just to give it a try, and that **** was killing me. Id rather eat more meals, I'll just make sure it's more whole foods.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Daddydee View Post
    That's what I'm trying to do , I could eat everything I see in my house but I'm trying to be a little better about it. And volume is another issue I'm going to improve. But u can't beat quality food. Thanks for all the opinions. Keep up the debate. One thing that's in my mind: can't a LG diet be achieved through multiple meals as long as these meals are quality foods? Instead of the early morning fast? or three big meals method? I've been trying to hold off on my first meal throughout last week, just to give it a try, and that **** was killing me. Id rather eat more meals, I'll just make sure it's more whole foods.
    yeah u can. You could eat as many meals as u like during the feeding phase - it doesnt matter. As long as you have 16hrs of fasting and 8hrs of feeding then ur good. But some protocols are more practical than others...If it's better for u to fast at another time then give it a try. But honestly, at least half of ur fast needs to be during your sleeping hours to reduce hunger during the hours of fasting that ur actively doing things. Get it?

29. Calories
    2,745 Fat 95.7 g Carbs
    256.7 g Protein 207.5 g
    Fast foods, ham and cheese sandwich
    0.9 sandwich 317
    Beef, rib, eye, small end (ribs 10-12), separable lean only,...
    5 oz 228
    Egg, whole, fried
    2 large 175
    myofusion
    0.9 serving 132
    champion nutrition super heavyweight gainer 1200
    0.9 serving 1,080
    Bread, whole wheat
    5 regular slice 345
    Fish, salmon, red, canned, bones removed (Alaska Native)
    6 oz 274
    Raisin Bran, Kellogg
    1 cup 195
    This is way I had yesterday, still not too organized and too much fat but just about at my goals .water intake was low , won't let that happen again! Any suggestions ? Or comments?

30. My intake for today-it's low but I around my goals of 200 grams pro 350 carb 75 fats . Is this not good intake for cycling?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AM and Girlfriends... How much does yours bitch? lol
    By panther77 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 11:54 PM
  2. Epi bitch tits
    By AntiFaith in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM
  3. bitch tits?