Bulking tips?

JComp

Awards
What are some things you guys do to help bulk. I know diet is everything, i have my diet pretty good and ive been making gains. I was just wondering if theres any certain foods, or stuff like that to help out a little bit.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
macadamia nuts work well,

almonds

Try adding a table spoon of olive oil to each meal

ive personally been using wildrice/brown rice mix with pinto beans in it, pretty awesome and it can add a whole lot of good calories bc of how good it tastes you just keep eating it lol

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
-add macadamia nut oil to your shakes
-take universal real gaines before bed with whole milk
-white rice, dont avoid white rice
-water water water, a gallon or more a day
-use creatine properly
-add beta alanine
-its all about red meat
-liquid cals will expand your stomach for more food
-dont neglect the importance of protien shakes

** the most important in my eyes--carry with you a carb drink all day. most guys dont get in enough carbs, they worry about protien so much the neglect carbs. i started carrying a carb drink around all day and i blew up. my muscles filled up and pretty much every body part went up 1.5 inches withen the week, no bloating either. Hammer nutrition (a cycleing company for those who ride bikes) makes all kinds of complex carb powders for their bikers, this stuff is unkown to many BB's because not many of us bike. get you hands on some of this, throw it in your gallong of water and grow my friend. hope this helps

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^
mono fats are what most people miss in building a solid diet. nuts, natural peanut butter, olive oil. i cook in canola oil because its 1/2 the price of olive oil, and its the only other oil with a very good mono fat profile, and no transfat :) transfat will do very bad things to you.

general bulking info : http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html
i personally stay away from canola oil,

however, cooking in olive oil AND water, reduces the amount of oil you need AND increases the smoke point at which it turns to Saturated fats :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
vegetable oil is the one i can't stand. bleh.

JComp

Awards
how many carbs should be in a carb drink, i have one with 30 g of carbs would that be enough?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
-add macadamia nut oil to your shakes
-take universal real gaines before bed with whole milk
-white rice, dont avoid white rice
-water water water, a gallon or more a day
-use creatine properly
-add beta alanine
-its all about red meat
-liquid cals will expand your stomach for more food
-dont neglect the importance of protien shakes

** the most important in my eyes--carry with you a carb drink all day. most guys dont get in enough carbs, they worry about protien so much the neglect carbs. i started carrying a carb drink around all day and i blew up. my muscles filled up and pretty much every body part went up 1.5 inches withen the week, no bloating either. Hammer nutrition (a cycleing company for those who ride bikes) makes all kinds of complex carb powders for their bikers, this stuff is unkown to many BB's because not many of us bike. get you hands on some of this, throw it in your gallong of water and grow my friend. hope this helps
all great suggestions.

however most guys get TOO many carbs and end up gaining a lot of unwanted fat.

From my experience and ive worked with a few people on here, Fats is the most lacking nutrients and can really put weight on you as well. Yes carbs are "anabolic" due to the insulin responce however its calories in the end. Much more calorically dense.

Also the Glycemic index on WHITE RICE is around 77 (unless LONG grain i believe), as opposed to brown rice at 76.

Brown rice is more nutrient dence then white as well.

Eat TONS of starchy veggies, corn, peas, carrots, potatos (sweet), There are many many many more i just names some great ones.

I found that post workout its MORE important to eat these starchy veggies due to the density of their nutrients all being shuttled to the muscle to increase growth and recovery.

Also for many Universal Real Gains with whole milk before bed may just add ****ty weight and it will most definetly blunt GH release

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
vegetable oil is the one i can't stand. bleh.
lol i hear ya

Mac Nut oil is amazing though

I put a tablespoon or 2 in my Quinoa! soo ****ing amazing

3 servings quinoa and 2 table spoons Mac nut oil with 7 ounce RARE steak

Perfect meal!!!

pretty high in calories as well

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
all great suggestions.

however most guys get TOO many carbs and end up gaining a lot of unwanted fat.

From my experience and ive worked with a few people on here, Fats is the most lacking nutrients and can really put weight on you as well. Yes carbs are "anabolic" due to the insulin responce however its calories in the end. Much more calorically dense.

Also the Glycemic index on WHITE RICE is around 77 (unless LONG grain i believe), as opposed to brown rice at 76.

Brown rice is more nutrient dence then white as well.

Eat TONS of starchy veggies, corn, peas, carrots, potatos (sweet), There are many many many more i just names some great ones.

I found that post workout its MORE important to eat these starchy veggies due to the density of their nutrients all being shuttled to the muscle to increase growth and recovery.

Also for many Universal Real Gains with whole milk before bed may just add ****ty weight and it will most definetly blunt GH release

i put on 30 soild pounds of muscle in 8 months with the things i have suggested.

things that helped the most

white rice instead of brown. i got that tip from the biggest bodybuilder ive met in my life, far bigger than me. brown rice can just be saved for contest time.

adding real gaines before bed. it has close to 30 grams of bcaas and a **** ton of other amino's in it along with qaulity caesin protein and a very low fat %. so no, it wont add *** weight

adding the carb drink. most people eat high fat diets and not enough carbs, if they do get too much carbs its from things like french fries and crap of the like, not from fruits veggies or whole grains so that was just a stupid comment. add the carb drink. up to 120-200 grams i take 300 but im at 250 lbs.

you seem to know information but not the right inforamtion. judging by most your posts it seems like you read alot but dont experience any of it for yourself as youve been saying to do alot of things that as BB's really dont need to worry about. dont try to make it sooo scientific, its basic. up your test, up your protien, drink water, lift, and rest.

you dont need to try and disagree with everyone, i wouldnt take adcive from you anyhow. from either photo youve posted you dont seem to know anything about bulking from experience. why would i take advice from you when you look like that? its like steven king giving advice on how to add bulk...it just doesnt make sense and id pay it no mind.

im not trying to be rude but quite frankly ive had enough of your posts. so for Jcomp, if you want advice from experience (check out my avatar) feel free to ask but im done with communitcating with this annoying kid who seems to be on this site ALLL DAY, instead of going the gym eating and resting.

JComp

Awards
Im not really worried about gaining fat, i dont think ive been over 14% bf ever no matter what i eat or how i work out. I eat about 3500-4000 cal a day and take two protien shakes and its pretty clean, exept i work at a place with pizza so that gets me. Im going to start adding evoo to my shakes, and snacking on almonds. What about a heavy meal before bed, I usually eat some cottage cheese, some fruit, and a protien shake. I was thinking about adding some pasta or chicken or something.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i put on 30 soild pounds of muscle in 8 months with the things i have suggested.

things that helped the most

white rice instead of brown. i got that tip from the biggest bodybuilder ive met in my life, far bigger than me. brown rice can just be saved for contest time.

adding real gaines before bed. it has close to 30 grams of bcaas and a **** ton of other amino's in it along with qaulity caesin protein and a very low fat %. so no, it wont add *** weight

adding the carb drink. most people eat high fat diets and not enough carbs, if they do get too much carbs its from things like french fries and crap of the like, not from fruits veggies or whole grains so that was just a stupid comment. add the carb drink. up to 120-200 grams i take 300 but im at 250 lbs.

you seem to know information but not the right inforamtion. judging by most your posts it seems like you read alot but dont experience any of it for yourself as youve been saying to do alot of things that as BB's really dont need to worry about. dont try to make it sooo scientific, its basic. up your test, up your protien, drink water, lift, and rest.

you dont need to try and disagree with everyone, i wouldnt take adcive from you anyhow. from either photo youve posted you dont seem to know anything about bulking from experience. why would i take advice from you when you look like that? its like steven king giving advice on how to add bulk...it just doesnt make sense and id pay it no mind.

im not trying to be rude but quite frankly ive had enough of your posts. so for Jcomp, if you want advice from experience (check out my avatar) feel free to ask but im done with communitcating with this annoying kid who seems to be on this site ALLL DAY, instead of going the gym eating and resting.
first of all,

from your posts on the other thread where you went from 6.5 percent to 21 percent body fat, your calculations seem a little off

looks like from what information i gathered you put on 50 pound, 10 of muscle and 40 of fat. That my friend is not how you bulk. idc what you say of how you look. plain and simple you ****ED UP your bulk.

second of all youve been around this forum for all of what 2 months and thinkg you god. well you dont only grind my gears, but many others. You think you gods gift to body building with all the knowledge in the world because u can put on fat. news flash kid, i can do that sameeee ****ing thing.

I definitly DO NOT argue with people on the forum, except you irritate me because you think your hot ****.

third thing i have to say is.

WOW universal gains has all those amino? thats awesome!!!! but protein is made of of aminos, and whey alone will be fine, along with some oil before bed.

i honestly think your one of those kids who just think that because they "look" a certain way with 21% body fat, they think they know all they need to know about bulking AND nutrition. When a lot of your information will make this poor kid fat.

Will it put weight on YEA it will. and 30 pounds of solid muscle... **** off, no way. your saying you put on almost 4 pound OF MUSCLE PER MONTH consistently, im going to call uhmmm BS.

and in terms of brown vs white, look it up yourself. some bodybuilders know nothing about nutrition and merely on genetics and drugs alone they can get by. a lot of people can atest to that

oh and awesome idea to drink carbs throughtout the day, watch the fat he puts on, maybe like the 40 pounds you added? awesome DEFINETLY do that.

you havent for once taken into consideration his metabolism, bodyfat, and muscularity.

you my friend are a tool:damnit1:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im not really worried about gaining fat, i dont think ive been over 14% bf ever no matter what i eat or how i work out. I eat about 3500-4000 cal a day and take two protien shakes and its pretty clean, exept i work at a place with pizza so that gets me. Im going to start adding evoo to my shakes, and snacking on almonds. What about a heavy meal before bed, I usually eat some cottage cheese, some fruit, and a protien shake. I was thinking about adding some pasta or chicken or something.
IF you do a meal before bed

Protein shake, 2 servings of oatmeal, with 3 tablesspoons PB mixed into it.

hits your stomach like a brick

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I'm suprised no one as mentioned this but eating quickly has definately helped my put on the pounds.

You can only eat so much before you saiety response kicks in, i.e. when your body tells you that you are full. By eating more quickly you can get in more food down before your stomach realizes that it's had enough.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first of all,

from your posts on the other thread where you went from 6.5 percent to 21 percent body fat, your calculations seem a little off

looks like from what information i gathered you put on 50 pound, 10 of muscle and 40 of fat. That my friend is not how you bulk. idc what you say of how you look. plain and simple you ****ED UP your bulk.

second of all youve been around this forum for all of what 2 months and thinkg you god. well you dont only grind my gears, but many others. You think you gods gift to body building with all the knowledge in the world because u can put on fat. news flash kid, i can do that sameeee ****ing thing.

I definitly DO NOT argue with people on the forum, except you irritate me because you think your hot ****.

third thing i have to say is.

WOW universal gains has all those amino? thats awesome!!!! but protein is made of of aminos, and whey alone will be fine, along with some oil before bed.

i honestly think your one of those kids who just think that because they "look" a certain way with 21% body fat, they think they know all they need to know about bulking AND nutrition. When a lot of your information will make this poor kid fat.

Will it put weight on YEA it will. and 30 pounds of solid muscle... **** off, no way. your saying you put on almost 4 pound OF MUSCLE PER MONTH consistently, im going to call uhmmm BS.

and in terms of brown vs white, look it up yourself. some bodybuilders know nothing about nutrition and merely on genetics and drugs alone they can get by. a lot of people can atest to that

oh and awesome idea to drink carbs throughtout the day, watch the fat he puts on, maybe like the 40 pounds you added? awesome DEFINETLY do that.

you havent for once taken into consideration his metabolism, bodyfat, and muscularity.

you my friend are a tool:damnit1:

you dont know $h** man. im not gonna even comment on some stuff you just said. id rather laugh.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
if youve followed my posts i already told you. i put on 80 pounds. 80 total pounds. i started at 6% BF 170 LBS,160 LBM. i weigh 250 at 21% now, i got by BFF and LBM checked last week, my LBM was 190 and at 6% i would weigh 202.5. that is 30 solid pounds in less than one year. let me repeat that, 30 solid pounds. i guess i know nothing about bulking

and the brown vs white thing. i know the difference, i know that brown is better, but its a bulk, clean foods get boring and tiresome. eating white rice taste great and is can be eatin consistantly without so much of a problem.

and about the god thing? i actually think thats funny because people have been PM'ing me the same thing about you. your the one acting like you know everything. but it comes off as if your just reading it off some webpage and you know nothing of experience. its ok though, i have good advice to offer and if no one wants it fine. this is the internet.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
p.s i am hot ****

whatch out now kid!!! youll burn yourself!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
both of you guys are tools

2-3 months posting thinking your the ****, as soon as you take your **** outta you buddies ass,

maybe you can start learning.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you dont know $h** man. im not gonna even comment on some stuff you just said. id rather laugh.
what in the other thread about milk?

go **** yourself, you and your little lover can go have fun with eachother giving milk enemas,

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive had enough of this bb.com bull****

im out

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
uh oh, i think we made him cry......
anything but that man, you 2 just irritate me.

Go talk to Unreal, he will vouche for me as will many others

your just a hater, and feel like because you can slam all those calories and eat, then you know how to bulk. and im pretty sure in another thread you said you were 245 and 21 % and now youe 202.5 and 6% make up you mind fool,

damn you piss me off, people leave bb.com and come here because of people like you and r1.

this is no longer AM, but is becoming the ****ing tool academy

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
hey! i though you said you were out!! that was false advertising!!

and if you paid attention, i am 250 like i said. my LBM was checked and my weight at 6% was calculated by the human perfomace lab. so i am 250, after my cut, which already started, i will be 202.5. you get it now? not hard to follow. and the more you talk about it the more of a compliment it is. ive never said i was anything but what i just said.

and in all seriousness, dont try and act like the tough man and say, "i'm out" and then crawl right back in. wheres your credibility? its childish is what it is.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i get blackberry notices. and to be honest i reallly dont like you so everythread you post in i will be there

just to say how much of a tool you are

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
hahaha, really shows you must have no life. i mean none. if all you do is post on this site

go ahead kid, it will actually be kind of funny. and it will show nothing besides how childish you are.

grow a pair and act your age

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i actually am never on this site anymore,

i just started posting here more frequently bc of all the retards that popped up like you.

have a nice day

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
damn what is this, mtv real world? J/J...good entertainment though fellas

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We aim to please lol

There needs to be some comedy

Regaurdless. What I do and what he does. Each way severs purposes. We are both stubbotrn tho

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Crazy knows his ****.

Dirty bulking is gravy, adding lean muscle is alot of calculation and disclipline. Not to mention genetics.

Pretty darn sure, Crazy has a background in sports nutrition.

The pups up in here might want to close the mouth and open them ears.

Dont force me to neg up in here.

nynone

nynone

Awards
just my thoughts on it all:

stay away from dairy, as it is harsh on your endocrine system (moderate use is okay, but don't use it excessively). also, when it comes to carbs, make sure you get plenty of them in. take some waximaize to help out with starchy carbs, and stay away from "enriched" wheeat flour, etc., as those are just nutrients that dont get absorbed. another thing i would suggest is that you add some omega fatty acids to your diet (if you haven't already). that's going to help with some mass gains in the long run. and if all else fails, eat some more! that's about all i have.... well, in a nut shell lol. everything up above my post is also good advice :D

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can also grind up oats with an electronic coffee grinder and make oat powder and mix it into whatever shake you like. For me it's hard to shovel down oatmeal, but I can grind up a cup of oats, mix it into a shake and down it in 30 seconds.

This is my breakfast shake:
2 cups milk (1 or 2%, or skim)
1.5-2 scoops protein powder (preferably a protein blend)
1/2-1 cups oatmeal (more oats = thicker shake)
1 ripe banana
Peanut butter (optional, however you want for extra calories and flavor)

I don't have a big appetite when I wake up, so being able to fix a quick shake really helps me out. A shake like this would work best in the earlier hours of the day.

Peace

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i secong grinding up the oats, i do the same and it works great.

sometimes though, when the tast gets tiring. ill grind up packets of banana nut bread oat meal and throw that in my shake. tastes amazing and is easy to consume on a daily basis. not as good for you as the regualr oats but sometimes it helps when you've had enough of the oat taste

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can try farina instead of oats its pretty fine to begin w

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can leave but im not done. if u dont wanna be hated on then dont post stupid $hi*. apparently ricky knows how to bulk, just look at him. how can u say whatever he is doing is not working? if u dont like this site then get out. and u said u started to post on here because of retards like us? that doesnt make any sense. take some real advice from ricky and learn how to bulk. maybe if u drink milk u will hit 200.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've hit over 230.

I perfer lean so when I fight I'm never outta shape.

Fight weight for me is 175

But thnx ****

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
you can leave but im not done. if u dont wanna be hated on then dont post stupid $hi*. apparently ricky knows how to bulk, just look at him. how can u say whatever he is doing is not working? if u dont like this site then get out. and u said u started to post on here because of retards like us? that doesnt make any sense. take some real advice from ricky and learn how to bulk. maybe if u drink milk u will hit 200.
you were warned.

neg.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhh warned!!!!! take off rep points, holy crap!!! i hope i dont get kicked off or negged!!! ppl on this site that this site waaaay to seriously. its like if u get kicked off u die. wowww. r1 was warned!!!!!! i know ima go cry to mommy. ***s. what do u do? go around on this site checking every post? get a life

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhh warned!!!!! take off rep points, holy crap!!! i hope i dont get kicked off or negged!!! ppl on this site that this site waaaay to seriously. its like if u get kicked off u die. wowww. r1 was warned!!!!!! i know ima go cry to mommy
So you want to be a wise guy too.

Pups. Giving no respect.

I feel the rain coming your way.

lulz.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i tried to delete my account but i dont know how so i hope i get kicked off. i know ima read each post all day and comment and neg ppl and worry about rep points cause thats my life!!! get a real job

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
i tried to delete my account but i dont know how so i hope i get kicked off. i know ima read each post all day and comment and neg ppl and worry about rep points cause thats my life!!! get a real job
lulz.

No need to get upset brah.

Show some respect and this will all blow over.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i aint your brah. i will show respect when u show me some. no need to jump into a thread u werent even apart of

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
crazyfool, post ur **** on here and stop PMing me. oh, i forgot, ur too afraid to put what u PM me on here cause ppl dont have a life and will neg you.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude, you negged me calling me a hoe.

so i negged you calling you a bitch.

whatever man get over it, if you want you **** deleted, then tell a mod, pretty simple

nynone

nynone

Awards
wow, the animosity and hostility here is quite interesting... :439: think i'll just watch