Workout routine while using Follidrone

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For everyone who ran Follidrine what did your workout routine look like?Due to the increase in endurance would high rep with low weight be best?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
For everyone who ran Follidrine what did your workout routine look like?Due to the increase in endurance would high rep with low weight be best?
Mountaindog training pairs quite well with follidrone.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just did low rep strength training followed by tons of assistance exercises.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
PHAT or GVT are my winners

Any program will see the benefits as long as you modify it to fit the extra reps.
5x5 may turn into a 6x6 lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran a strength routine my first run keeping reps in the 3-8 range most of the time with HIIT. It helped me push through a few PRs at my 1RM. So it is definitely helpful with strength training. I am running a modified PHAT on my second run and liking it equally on my hypertrophy days as it is helping me push through rep #s that I normally don't work in.

I should add that my first 2 weeks on my second run I was finishing up a 20rep squat routine and was stuck in my third week. I simply could not get to my 20 after only a 10lb bump. The whole thing was going well and then I just stopped. On 3rd day on FD, I got it. Finished out the 4 week routine with 315 x 20, and jumped right into PHAT.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the guys I train with often trains in the very low rep range....3-5 on his top end and sometimes less.
He was complaining because he was only seeing a rep or two more on his exercises. We shifted him to a higher rep range 15-20 with rest pauses and drop sets.
He kept a log book.....The numbers from the beginning of the log to the end are so different it looks like its a different guy.

He ran a 12 weeker.
Each week his goal was to add at least 1 rep on every exercise and when he got to 20 possible reps on any exercise he raised the weight.

100% of his lifts went up significantly. Some were pretty sick
He certainly grew as a result. Recomp/fat loss while getting stronger...Pretty awesome.

Gonna have him start another 12 weeker with the new absorption test caps and see what happens to him.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of the guys I train with often trains in the very low rep range....3-5 on his top end and sometimes less.
He was complaining because he was only seeing a rep or two more on his exercises. We shifted him to a higher rep range 15-20 with rest pauses and drop sets.
He kept a log book.....The numbers from the beginning of the log to the end are so different it looks like its a different guy.

He ran a 12 weeker.
Each week his goal was to add at least 1 rep on every exercise and when he got to 20 possible reps on any exercise he raised the weight.

100% of his lifts went up significantly. Some were pretty sick
He certainly grew as a result. Recomp/fat loss while getting stronger...Pretty awesome.

Gonna have him start another 12 weeker with the new absorption test caps and see what happens to him.
How many days a week did he train and what does his workout routine look like?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He tends to train alot. 5-6 days.

Prior to my tweaking his training it was pretty straight forward. Keep in Mind I train DC most of the time so...our philosophies are different.

He would generally do 3-4 exercises per body part. 3-4 sets. Pyramiding up to a set of 3-5 reps tops.
1 bodypart per day once per week.

Here is what I did-

Still 3-4 exercises per bodypart.

3-4 warmup sets but here is where my philosophies kick in.
All sets except the very last/ top end consist of 2-4 reps. Ive never understood why a person does 2-3 sets of a weight too light to adequately stress the muscle.
The muscle grows when it is forced to work harder than it is accustomed to. So if you can do 10 reps at 315 WTF is the point of doing 10 reps with 135 and 235 before you do your heavy work set that will actually stimulate muscle growth.
Instead we work up in weight but dont waste energy. Try it....By the time you get to your work weight you have not wasted a ton of energy performing worthless reps.

Now...when we get to the work set its an FN war. We push hard. No retreat, no surrender.
Here is how 1 normal work set is performed. Well say Incline bench.
Unrack a weight you can hit a max of 10-11 with. 10-11 being total failure.

Hit it with everything you have then rack it.
Take 10 - 15 sec. Take a few deep breaths.
Have your spotter help you unrack and go at it again till failure.
Rack it then hit it again.

So it would look like this
Then you count it as 18 reps RP/rest paused.

Every week for every exercise your goal is to add 1 rep to the total. Doesnt matter if you get it on the 10, the 5, or the 3. Or if you have to rack it and go for the 4th. You WILL get one more rep.

When you can get 20 add weight.

Often we will also do a drop set after the RP.

A log book or even just a notepad on your phone is absolutely vital.
You have to keep perfect track of every rep and every exercise and every set.....The goal is to continue to progress every training day and every week for 12 weeks. You have a tangible viewable log of your progress.
12 week cycles. Normally this is done with AAS cycles but it can and does work well with things like Follidrone.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
was doing 5/3/1 for a while, but having read about folli and how good it is for endurance thought I would give kris gethin's dtp 4 weeks to max muscle a shot because I always wanted to try it but the reps seem so crazy. i.e. leg press is 50,40,30,20,10,10,20,30,40,50 . Will report back in 4 weeks to see how my folli/form/viron stack has helped me with this routine.