• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know im in here!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Oh yeah!! Will do my best to mkae sure everyone gets something out of this log. Including myself

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Getting up to speed.

Finished up my leg routine with 3 sets of 225 on the squats and i felt an yerning for more weight but i contained myself.

I'm up to about 70% now.

Chest and back tonight.

Barbell Incline - Tbar row x heavy sets of 8
DB bench - High row x heavy sets of 10. Slow full ROM
Decline Hammer Strength machine - weighted underhand pullups x sets of 10
Pec dec - straight arm lat pulldown x heavy sets of 10 Slow full ROM

Lehhh Go!!!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Yesterday was great. Up to about 75% now.

Went 315 on incline and decline for 8. Felt good, like i needed to do more but i'm not rushing it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday was great. Up to about 75% now.

Went 315 on incline and decline for 8. Felt good, like i needed to do more but i'm not rushing it.
315 for 8 whew. Good stuff bud.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
315 for 8 whew. Good stuff bud.
Thx 3CGT! Had to contain myself, I was feeling it but i dont want to rush it. But, 405 was calling my name...

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thx 3CGT! Had to contain myself, I was feeling it but i dont want to rush it. But, 405 was calling my name...
I hear that! When i was in my "so to speak" deload phase i was itching to throttle back up but contained myself. Its hard though!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
I hear that! When i was in my "so to speak" deload phase i was itching to throttle back up but contained myself. Its hard though!
True, i can't say that i always do but yesterday i was able to overpower that urge. lol

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True, i can't say that i always do but yesterday i was able to overpower that urge. lol
Yea ive done the same thing before haha. The urge to slay myself sometimes overpowers my better judgement lol.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since were on thR topic- how long should layoffs be after 6 to 12 weeks of intense training. Like omg I can't get out of bed training..

I took a week off last week (planned) after 11 weeks on straigt.. I felt n LOOKED great, better than any point during the training :/

Now I'm back at it and literally after two days of training feel like I've been hit by a bus, motivation is shot and I look swollen bloated n lost mostly all definition and muscle hardness. Also stomach is getting distention and bloat.. Like the second I stress my body, it does this.. The past two tikes ive taken lay off weeks, I've ended up looking and feeling amazing- makes me think I should stop all thr lifting and doing all the cardio or DRASTICALLY reduce.. Right now im at 4-5 days a week of lifting and 3-4 of cardio..

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Since were on thR topic- how long should layoffs be after 6 to 12 weeks of intense training. Like omg I can't get out of bed training..

I took a week off last week (planned) after 11 weeks on straigt.. I felt n LOOKED great, better than any point during the training :/

Now I'm back at it and literally after two days of training feel like I've been hit by a bus, motivation is shot and I look swollen bloated n lost mostly all definition and muscle hardness. Also stomach is getting distention and bloat.. Like the second I stress my body, it does this.. The past two tikes ive taken lay off weeks, I've ended up looking and feeling amazing- makes me think I should stop all thr lifting and doing all the cardio or DRASTICALLY reduce.. Right now im at 4-5 days a week of lifting and 3-4 of cardio..
Wassup Cheda! After any cycle of hardcore ball to the wall training no matter if it's a 6 week, 8 week, especially a 12 week cycle you should take about 2 weeks off or at least 10 days for the gym junkies. During that time you would prolly want to reduce your macro intake and REST. Most people take time off from their training and never rest, they just don't come to the gym.

The reduced macros will help you maintain leanness and the rest will help your body and CNS recover from the beating. Most people don't ever feel exactly how bad their body is hurt or in pain. Especially of you don't have a clear mind to muscle/body connection. Happen to me during my last prep.

Lastly, muscle memory will allow you to come back and be able to still move some impressive wt and if you take you time working up, with a fully recovered body you have a better chance of breaking old PRs and achieving new found strength.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the great response. Yea it was a 12 Weeker and I took about 6 days off .. Two of which I hit up an indoor Rock climbing gym with a buddy to try out.. I couldn't believe how sore it made me... Definitely wasn't total recovery during those 6 days as my job has me on my feet for 4-6 hours at a time.. Damn. I guess I blew it lol.. Next planned layoff isn't til July 30, but Im hoping to dial back the intensity and achieve results through better diet

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Thanks for the great response. Yea it was a 12 Weeker and I took about 6 days off .. Two of which I hit up an indoor Rock climbing gym with a buddy to try out.. I couldn't believe how sore it made me... Definitely wasn't total recovery during those 6 days as my job has me on my feet for 4-6 hours at a time.. Damn. I guess I blew it lol.. Next planned layoff isn't til July 30, but Im hoping to dial back the intensity and achieve results through better diet

You got it brother!! What does you training split look like, if you dont mind me asking?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You got it brother!! What does you training split look like, if you dont mind me asking?
It was for the final 3 weeks leading up to my lay off your exact workouts for chest shoulders back from that contest log. I did HIT 3d POF arm routine and my own legs as:

Mon-chest/back/abs/cardio
Tuesday-arms/possibly cardio
Wed-shoulders/legs/abs/cardio
Thurs- off/cRdio
Fri-light chest/back/arms/abs/cRdio

M/w/f Cardio was 1.5 mike run timed+20 minutes hiit to start, then lift, abs, finish with 10-15 mins steady state cardio. Tues/tr cardio was one hour walking incline and elliptical steady state.

Now I'm doing :

Mon- chest/back/abs/cardio
Tues-arms no cRdio
Wed-legs/shoulders/abs /cardio
Thurs-off
Fri- light chest back/rear delts/arms /light cardio

M/w cardio is still timed 1.5 mile.. But much less hiit and more steady state, lower volume lifts, higher reps less weight, less AB work too.. Just overall less intense n trying to focus on enhancing v taper muscles. Using this split for two weeks then switching to an extreme v taper program:
Mon-chest/back thickness/abs hiit cardio
T-arms/delts steady cardio low intens
W-legs abs hiit cardio
Tr-chest/back width steady cardio low intens
Fri-arms/delts/abs hiit cardio

Heavy focus on rear delts and lats and strict diet.. Will be using an erase+anabeta, a diuretic, fat burners, a GDA.. Low cArbing.. Shredding up fast.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
It was for the final 3 weeks leading up to my lay off your exact workouts for chest shoulders back from that contest log. I did HIT 3d POF arm routine and my own legs as:

Mon-chest/back/abs/cardio
Tuesday-arms/possibly cardio
Wed-shoulders/legs/abs/cardio
Thurs- off/cRdio
Fri-light chest/back/arms/abs/cRdio

M/w/f Cardio was 1.5 mike run timed+20 minutes hiit to start, then lift, abs, finish with 10-15 mins steady state cardio. Tues/tr cardio was one hour walking incline and elliptical steady state.

Now I'm doing :

Mon- chest/back/abs/cardio
Tues-arms no cRdio
Wed-legs/shoulders/abs /cardio
Thurs-off
Fri- light chest back/rear delts/arms /light cardio

M/w cardio is still timed 1.5 mile.. But much less hiit and more steady state, lower volume lifts, higher reps less weight, less AB work too.. Just overall less intense n trying to focus on enhancing v taper muscles. Using this split for two weeks then switching to an extreme v taper program:
Mon-chest/back thickness/abs hiit cardio
T-arms/delts steady cardio low intens
W-legs abs hiit cardio
Tr-chest/back width steady cardio low intens
Fri-arms/delts/abs hiit cardio

Heavy focus on rear delts and lats and strict diet.. Will be using an erase+anabeta, a diuretic, fat burners, a GDA.. Low cArbing.. Shredding up fast.
Solid!! I'm focusing on widen my V-taper as well. I've see great results when training a muscle heavy on Mon and then High Volume on thur. So i'm thinking about doing that for this short off season to develop a better and wider back. Might add some shoulder exercises in the focusing on the lateral head for increased width. And maybe hit rear delt hard on my chest day since front delts get work on that day anyways. Add the the 3d effect.

Gotta map it out and tweak it before i roll into it.

My homie bb12 is doing a low carb diet and he is also shredding up FAST. it's crazy how this stuff works sometimes.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Today, i went to train at Golds for the first time without filming for MD. I joined Golds gym on Thursday in addition to my LA Fitness membership.

If i'm going to take my physique to the next level i need have access to some next level equipment. The gym is about 30min away but i gotta do it.

Went in today to get a good understanding of all they have to offer and i was slightly overwhelmed. 10 different variations for calfs, tons of leg equipment, pinpoint shoulder equipment, etc.

I'm currently trying to draft up a new training split so that i can train legs, shoulders, and back there every week.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Greatness surrounded by Great equipment ... end result, taken the ATL by storm

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Log is really looking good man. Keep up the great work.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I miss my golds thats for sure. But i should be back there in a little over a year.

The gym i goto now has a decent bit of equipment but not like golds.

Keep it rockin bro!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
I miss my golds thats for sure. But i should be back there in a little over a year.

The gym i goto now has a decent bit of equipment but not like golds.

Keep it rockin bro!
Gold Rocks! I wish i could make that my home gym, too far tho.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
New Split Baby!!!

I'm transitioning into a new 4 week split. Want to try this out now so that i can figure out if i'm going to ride this split into Nationals, do i need to tweak it, or drop it.

Kinda unconvential for my liking but i'm taking a step outta my comfort zone.

LEHHH GO!!!

Wed, Fri, Sat @ Golds Gym
Mon, Tues, Thurs @ LaFit

Week 1

Mon - Chest (LaFit)
Tues - Arms/abs/Hiit (LaFit)
Wed - Shoulders (Golds)
Thurs - Arms/abs/Hiit (LaFit)
Fri - Back (Golds)
Sat - Legs (Golds)
Sun - OFF

Week 2

Mon - Chest/Shoulders (LaFit)
Tues - Arms/Abs/Hiit (LaFit)
Wed - Back (Golds)
Fri - Shoulders (Golds)
Sat - Legs (Golds)
Sun - OFF

Week 3

Mon - Chest (LaFit)
Wed - Back (Golds)
Fri - Legs (Golds)
Sat - Back/Shoulders (Golds)
Sun - OFF

Week 4

Mon - Deadlift (LaFit)
Wed - Chest/Shoulders (Golds)
Fri - Legs (Golds)
Sat - Back (Golds)
Sun - OFF

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Todays chest routine:

Heavy barbell incline: 4 x 5
DB incline: 3 x 12
DB incline fly: 3 x 12
Pec dec: 2 x 12
Bench: 4 x 5
DB bench: 3 x 12

Cable crossovers: 1min
Leh Go!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The split looks good man. I like training body parts twice a week some weeks.

Seems to add a nice fullness effect for me at times.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
The split looks good man. I like training body parts twice a week some weeks.

Seems to add a nice fullness effect for me at times.
Exactly the plan!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Wanted to get these up before i went to bed. Will discuss in the AM :D

435 x 3

[video=youtube;AIkuQ7SY_GU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIkuQ7SY_GU[/video]

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
495 x 1

[video=youtube;qL2is0O0ICE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2is0O0ICE[/video]

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice vids. It adds a nice visual to the log.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Thanks fella's!
About those bench clips, I was just messin around in the gym and started feeling it! I notice i didn't get deep enough but this was my first time ever benching 495 and to be honest with you, its intimidating! After a few quick prayers and repeating Philippians 4:13 to myself i decided to go for 405, 435, 455, and 495. Next time i'll go for a good clean deep 500 :eek:

I was near the end of my workout and i decided to shoot for a new bench PR. Not the brightest idea but interesting.

Results:

Heavy barbell incline: 4 x 5 - completed with 365 then went 405 x 2
DB incline: 3 x 12 - 95's, 110's, 125's
DB incline fly: 3 x 12 - Did 2 sets with 30's
Pec dec: 2 x 12 - 255, stack
Bench: 4 x 5 - Completed with 365 then went 405, 435, 455, 495
DB bench: 3 x 12 - 95's, 110's, 125's

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks fella's!
About those bench clips, I was just messin around in the gym and started feeling it! I notice i didn't get deep enough but this was my first time ever benching 495 and to be honest with you, its intimidating! After a few quick prayers and repeating Philippians 4:13 to myself i decided to go for 405, 435, 455, and 495. Next time i'll go for a good clean deep 500 :eek:

I was near the end of my workout and i decided to shoot for a new bench PR. Not the brightest idea but interesting.

Results:

Heavy barbell incline: 4 x 5 - completed with 365 then went 405 x 2
DB incline: 3 x 12 - 95's, 110's, 125's
DB incline fly: 3 x 12 - Did 2 sets with 30's
Pec dec: 2 x 12 - 255, stack
Bench: 4 x 5 - Completed with 365 then went 405, 435, 455, 495
DB bench: 3 x 12 - 95's, 110's, 125's
Watching the vids brought back memories of when my wife was filming me do some rack deads. After the vid was over shes like did i turn it off, how do i work this thing. Just made me chuckle a bit.

Good stuff for sure though man, 495 is a lot of weight.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Watching the vids brought back memories of when my wife was filming me do some rack deads. After the vid was over shes like did i turn it off, how do i work this thing. Just made me chuckle a bit.

Good stuff for sure though man, 495 is a lot of weight.
Haha, Thanks 3CGT! listening to their confusion behind the camera is funny.

Hey i want to openly say Congrats to you!! Glad you're in!!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I believe the family and I will be making a trip in November!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
The wife asked when should we book the flight ;)

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Happy Friday!!

Working shoulders today!! Not really sure of what i'm doing. Prolly will freestyle it!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Today is chest and shoulders!! I'll post my workout after i draw it up.

Leh Go!!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Work of Art in the making!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Here it is:

Chest and shoulders

Incline cable fly - pre exahst prolly 5 x 12

High angle incline DB press 4 x 12
Bent over rear delt raise 4 x 12

Cable press 4 x 12
Db Lateral raises 4 x 12

Decline Smith machine 4 x 12
Front raise 4 x 12

Pec dec 4 x 12
reverse pec dec 4 x 15

Giant set DB lateral raise 2 sets

Leh go!!!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah!

I think I may duplicate that tomorrow!

#LehGo

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here it is:

Chest and shoulders

Incline cable fly - pre exahst prolly 5 x 12

High angle incline DB press 4 x 12
Bent over rear delt raise 4 x 12

Cable press 4 x 12
Db Lateral raises 4 x 12

Decline Smith machine 4 x 12
Front raise 4 x 12

Pec dec 4 x 12
reverse pec dec 4 x 15

Giant set DB lateral raise 2 sets

Leh go!!!
Those pairs are they all supersets or?...