Emeka Okammor Training Log

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Leg day!

I had a workout drafted up about 2 wks ago but i think i'll make some alterations and post up the plan a little later.

Was not feeling to good this weekend, did some morning cardio on Sat and that was it. Laid in bed all weekend long trying to rest up. Feeling much better today.

wt 261 and was as low as 260.4 this weekend. Gotta be careful this week because i did more sleeping than eating this weekend. I probably only ate half, if that, of what i usually eat on the weekends. Had no appetite :(

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
wt 257.6

Good leg day yesterday. Let me tell you, 100 sissy squats at the end of the workout was no joke!!

No squats since last week was 585 x 5 so we went with high volume on hack squats 4 x 30 and heavy leg presses. Good volume workout!
Today is chest, i think i'm going to use one of my oldie but goodies for tonight :D

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Sooooo... I think i may be where i need to be. I had Sam take a look at me yesterday since he hasn't seen me pose in about a month and his opinion was i need to be harder in the hams but i look better than i looked on stage at my last show now.
I think i could be a little leaner in my mid section as i remember having a little more vascularity in my abs and obliques during my last prep.
So nothing drastic over the next few weeks, going to stay on track and get back to training heavy as my mentor Paul suggested and roll into my peak week.

I would like to maintain what i have now and just run it thru a peak week protocol.

I was 258 this am and i competed at 254 last show after a peak week i'd prolly drop about 5-7lbs of water. So i want to be careful as to how i approach the next couple of weeks. Being ready this far out is new territory for me and i need to make sure i handle it correctly. The major difference between my 2 preps this year is that i feel ready at 4wks out for this show where as i peaked at about 4 wks out for my last show, which is hard to hold on to for such a long time. So currently i feel ready but not peaked :)

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
You got this man. You are most def. bigger than last show. I can see certain things. Good luck.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
You got this man. You are most def. bigger than last show. I can see certain things. Good luck.
Thanks homie, hey btw, you logging anything nowadays?

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Last edited:
emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
I'm swinging over now

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
257 this am.

Went after some heavy deads yesterday and i set a Personal Best of 495 x 8. I usually only get up to about 5 reps and the most but it really felt good so i kept on pushing.

That was the very first exercise. I oved on to some heavy lat pull downs and heavy seated row. Working up to the stack and the stack +25lb on seated row.

Moved on to bent db row and multiple machines.

Finished up with some posing and LISS cardio.

Feeling better and better, veins are running up and down my abs and obliques, and all over, lol. But i want to focus these next couple of weeks on maintaining muscle while allowing my body to burn off as much fat without muscle as possible.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
what kind of cardio do you think you benifit the most from? Also your strength is crazy!.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
what kind of cardio do you think you benifit the most from? Also your strength is crazy!.
I think both LISS and HIIT offer something that the other doesn't. I use them both HIIT twice a week and LISS 4 times a wk

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Heavy Leg day!!

Planning on some heavy squats today with good form and some heavy SLDL. Gotta Get GEEKED!

I'll do some other stuff too but i plan on keeping it simple as i turn the corner for home. Also brining AM cardio back in the mix for the next 3 wks :( Gotta do it tho.

wt this weekend was as low as 254 which was my last stage wt. This am i was 258.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Despite not feeling to up to the challenge yesterday, i had issued myself a personal challenge a few weeks ago for yesterday and i had to at least attempt.

Possibly from all the traveling this past weekend i felt low energy yesterday, but just kept praying and pushing. And my team was gettin it done so i had to give it my all

My wife set the bar really high yesterday. Here were her numbers on squat:

135 x 5
225 x 3
250 x 2
275 x 2

If she only believed in her strength, i think she could squat 315 :)

With her Gettin GEEKED like that, i had to push it. Here are my numbers on squat yesterday:

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
495 x 4
585 x 3
605 x 2 - PB. I've never squated 605 in a contest prep especially less than 4 wks out.

I also had Archange aka monster squatting rep for rep with me at 220lbs. He didn't go for the 605 tho :(

After that we hit some vertical leg press super set with seated leg curls.

Finished up with 100 rep leg press. I did 3 plates each side and my wife did 2. She had a rough time with this one and i believe she might have shed a tear or two but still pushed thru the burn

Everyone finished up with 30min LISS cardio.

We filmed all the big lifts because i had a feeling that yesterday would be one of those "pics or it didn't happen" days. lol! So i'll be compiling the vids this wk into one and posting it. So be on the look out for that.

wt 256.8

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Starting to feel that "feeling" rough and tired but i'm praying, pushing, and keeping the Faith.

Yesterday i was 254.6 which was my exact stage wt in May. Weird, looks better now.

I'm comforatable with where i'm at, feel like i'm where i need to be. Just want to maintain and get ready to enjoy Nov 9 and 10 with my family and close friends.

256.0 this am

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
256.0 this am. After a HEAVY backload last night.
Crazy.

Had the opportunity to talk pose for my mentor before he heads to
Aus for 10 days. He was impressed with my improvement and helped me with a few
posing tweaks.

Also, encourged me mentally and helped me to understand
myself and expectations better. Awesome guy.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Waking up consistently at 256.0

Having my up's and downs but all in all 21 days!!!

Get GEEKED!!!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
The journey to get you to this point, will fuel the energy till show time

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
My wife and I had a chance to get out to one one local shows this weekend to show some support. It was fun, was the first show in a log timw where i could just sit down and enjoy. Usually, i'm the guy getting tan right, oil up, helping with pump up, making sure guys are on schedule. But this time my wife and i sat in the back with some friends and enjoyed the show.

Then i was asked to present the overall trophy on behalf of IPYU. My first time doing that as well. Fun experience.

My wt was 254.8 this am.
17 days... Gotta Get GEEKED!!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My wife and I had a chance to get out to one one local shows this weekend to show some support. It was fun, was the first show in a log timw where i could just sit down and enjoy. Usually, i'm the guy getting tan right, oil up, helping with pump up, making sure guys are on schedule. But this time my wife and i sat in the back with some friends and enjoyed the show.

Then i was asked to present the overall trophy on behalf of IPYU. My first time doing that as well. Fun experience.

My wt was 254.8 this am.
17 days... Gotta Get GEEKED!!
Congrats! Sounds awesome. I am happy for you bro.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
wt 251.8

Looking dryer and dense. Feeling up and down. Legs are super sore but for some insane reason, i'm looking forward to chest and back today. lol

Got GET GEEKED!!! 17 days out

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards

Had a slight fever yesterday. Rested up and went in for some chest and back stimulation. I couldn't work like i wanted to but i also could not stay in my bed all night. lol

Will back load some carbs today for that final push. Get GEEKED!!!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Lets see, where to start on this post.....

wt 255.0 seem to be holding a lil more water after wed backload. Which is fine, looking nice and full and not flat. Prolly wont load up again until 3 days out so being 255 going into this process is just fine.

Happy with where i currently am, which is clearly better than my last showing. And improvement is the name of this game of bodybuilding
Today hitting a 2 a day. Going in during lunch for some Hams and cardio and tonight for Delts and posing.

Lastly, here's the video of my wife and i squating as promised:

[video=youtube;Nm-elBGH_eA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-elBGH_eA[/video]

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Now i don't know much about street racing but i do feel like as i'm approaching the finish line that this nitric oxide i've been holding on to is about to find it's way into the gas tank. lol

Feeling rejuvinated and ready. Time to revamp the playlist and finish with some good strong workouts. Some other competitiors might think i'm a little off but training hard and training heavy is what i enjoy. I will do it responsibility but doesn't matter if i'm 2 wks out or 12, the way i train is the why i train.

Gotta Get GEEKED!!!

13 days out...

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Are you counting down a comp EOJ? This is Muscleaddict83 from MD.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Are you counting down a comp EOJ? This is Muscleaddict83 from MD.
Hey brotha! Happy to see you over here. Yup, counting down for Nationals :D

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
251.8 this am.

Carbing up with about 250g before the gym to see how it
looks.

Last Leg day!!! Gotta make it count!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Nice!!! Can't wait to see you on stage again!
Thanks! I'm ready for some fun!

BTW, i saw FSt-7 in your signature and decided to incorporate it in my routine yesterday, lol.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
250.4 this am.

Yesterday was a "high" carb day. 250g is high for me but i prolly could have gone a little higher. I didn't notice any spilling, infact i was a lot tighter.

Noticing my back is getting dry and starting to get a little grainy.

Despite being full of blood yesterday my quads looked pretty good imo. Still not recovered completely but separation was good.

Overall, i'm happy :D I believe and i have convinced myself, which is not easy, that i have improved from my last show and that is the name of the game. Now i'm ready to go have fun Nov 9th and 10th.

9 days out!!!

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro! LOL at the FST-7. If you haven't look at Hany Rambod's column in the December Muscular Development (on shelves today, Oct 30). He showcased us moderators and our answers to questions asked on his site.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Good luck bro! LOL at the FST-7. If you haven't look at Hany Rambod's column in the December Muscular Development (on shelves today, Oct 30). He showcased us moderators and our answers to questions asked on his site.
Sweet! You know i'm going pick one up now.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Been a little on edge lately. So i'ma openly do an exercise to help keep my focus on positive thoughts.

Focus on Positives: awesome wife helping take care of daily needs, looking my best, energized workouts, 9 days out, linking up with Joe, Meeting Team AX, Home cooking, 30inch pizza

Tune out the temporary negatives: Hungry, anxious, tired, quickly annoyed, the "what if", self doubt

Now from here on out i'll be focusing on the positives only.

Wt this am 251. Yesterday i went high on the protein. Today is a regular low carb cycle day.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
I've been watch bbing vids such as The evolution of BBing, Becoming 13, Ronnie's vids are up next. But awesomely, i came home yesterday and BAM my wife had bought me an Ipad. I love gadgets and electronics. :D:D:D

Sooooo update time.

Energy is high and so is aggression during training. I'm loving it. But during certain parts of the day my energy is low. Seems like it ramps up when it time to train and drops when im not training. My workouts this week have been amazing considering being 1 week out. I've noticed some decline in my strength but that is expected, as long as i'm giving it my best, i'm happy.

Last night wt was 248 before dinner
This AM wt was 249.8

I'm hitting a 2 a day today. Going in during lunch for some abs and light cardio. Tonight is back.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
last night 249.6 after a 200g carb day
this am 250.8

Yesterdays aggression was almost a hinderance to me making smart decisions. lol, i was in a full debate with myself for most of the workout on should i do some light weight deads. Not a smart move beening 8 days out from the biggest show of my life. Not to mention, i know i would have keep adding weight until i felt good about it.

In the end, maturity won and i did not do the deads! lol

Today is Hams only! Yes, hams get their own day today :D

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
wt this am was 247.4

Hit a little circuit training yesterday, posing, and 10min sauna.

Today is my carb load day. I also begin tapering my water today.

My last day of weights :(

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
ok, lets see...

wt was 248 this am. Which is pretty good imo, after dropping down to 1 gal and upping carbs to 380g i think the weight i lost in water was replaced by glycogen. :D

Had a pose off with my friend, NGA competitior Adam. Adam is soooo freaking shredded. It was fun!

Today i drop water some more and take in about 300-350 carbs, depends on how i;m looking and weighing.

Wifey and i are catching the bus tonight for an overnight trip to ATL. There are 2 stops along the way. I plan on getting out on each stop and walking for about 15min to try and fight any water retention that may occur from sitting for 8-9 hours.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Man, if I was eating that many carbs, I'd be such a blimp!

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually down to around 100-150/day during the week with a carb up on the weekends. My BF is finally in check again.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
I'm actually down to around 100-150/day during the week with a carb up on the weekends. My BF is finally in check again.
After this week and maybe Thanksgiving i'm going to have to implement a more structured eating plan.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Yesterday i had to do something. This time off is just plain weird. I get home from work and thats it for the day?? Well yesterday i decided to pull out the sand db's and hit some supersets.

Slow full ROM pushups: 50 reps
Lateral raises: 50 reps
Front raises: 50 reps
Bent over lateral raises: 50 reps

20min on exercise bike.

Felt good! Miss that burning sensation.

Yesterday i cooked a huge pot of Tuna casserole:

1 giant size can of Tuna from Sams
2 boxes of whole wheat noodles
3 cans of 98% fat free cream of chicken
2 bags of fat free cheese

Was eating on that all day and will be knocking that out this weekend,

Today, i will be hitting the gym during lunch for some stairs. Prolly 30mins.

bigermix

bigermix

Awards
Yesterday i had to do something. This time off is just plain weird. I get home from work and thats it for the day?? Well yesterday i decided to pull out the sand db's and hit some supersets.

Slow full ROM pushups: 50 reps
Lateral raises: 50 reps
Front raises: 50 reps
Bent over lateral raises: 50 reps

20min on exercise bike.

Felt good! Miss that burning sensation.

Yesterday i cooked a huge pot of Tuna casserole:

1 giant size can of Tuna from Sams
2 boxes of whole wheat noodles
3 cans of 98% fat free cream of chicken
2 bags of fat free cheese

Was eating on that all day and will be knocking that out this weekend,

Today, i will be hitting the gym during lunch for some stairs. Prolly 30mins.
Rest my brother rest your body needs it!!!! I totally understand if you can't help but go to the gym...you're just prepping your body for some good growth!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Mix!! Wut up brotha! You know this time off is mentally rough. Hit some extra squats for ya boy next time! lol

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
OFFICIAL OFF SEASON DIET STARTS TODAY!!:D

Meal 1 (8am)
3 scoops protein (made with 10oz 2% milk)
1 medium banana
2 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 2 (10am)
2 cups oatmeal
10 egg whites

Meal 3 (12pm)
8oz steak or lean ground beef
10oz sweet potato
½ cup almonds

Meal 4 (2pm)
2 cups rice
12oz white meat
2 oranges

Meal 5 (5pm)
2 cups oatmeal
10oz white meat
1oz dark chocolate

Meal 6 (8pm)
3 scoops protein
2 scoops waximazie

Post Cardio
20oz Gatorade or Powerade

Meal 7 (10pm)
10oz white meat
2 cups white rice
1 avocado

Meal 8 (12am)
3 scoops protein

Carbs = 678g
Protein = 512g
Fats = 102

Total Calories = 5678

I've never gone this high on my macros but, in order to go where i've never gone i have to do what i've never done!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
That off season diet is rough. I probably nailed about 70-75% yesterday. :( I gotta keep working on getting to 100% It's alot of food and i'm having trouble getting it all in. 70% is terrible to me because i consider bodybuilding to be a performing art and hitting 70% of you notes, performance, etc is not good.

So not so good start but i will keep working to get up 100% on my diet.

I also got back in the gym yesterday with a light leg routine and man oh man was i stuggling. 135 on squat felt like 585!!! lol, it's been 3 weeks since i've done any leg work so i'll be easing my way back into Gettin GEEKED.

All in all, not the best start but the best thing is that i will be working my buns completely off to get my diet back at 100% and my training back at 100% :D

Leh Go!!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
AM wt 284lbs. Ever look back at something you did and think "Wow, how did i do
that?" I'm thinking about the days i was 295lbs or when i went to UCF weighing
310. Crazy. How could i even move at those weights!!

Well, i feel heavy.
Guess i gotta geet use to it for the next 6 months. On to something
exciting...

Tune in for the live broadcast tonight @ 8pm
Eastern.

Submit your questions now!

http://www.strengthuniversity.org/live-broadcast.php

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Yesterday was a rest day for me so i trained my wife and helped her push and finished the night off with some cardio.

Today i'm broadcasting live at 8pm (http://www.strengthuniversity.org/live-broadcast.php) then i'm heading to the gym for back and tri's with Sean. Has been pushing me past my what i thought we're my temporary limits. Can't wait to battle his workouts when i'm full stride