AgeForce is knocking me the f*** out with the Melatonin Patch

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. I have the same problem, I'm an extremely heavy sleeper, nothing really wakes me up as far as sound or moving. But, I will still wake up throughout the night. Looking to see what this patch does, if anything!

2. You could experiement with not eating just before bed, as in stop eating at least three hours before bed time, and four is better. IF people do this all the time. The worst is eating carbs before sleep, but even eating meat gives a huge insulin surge, and digestion slows way down while sleeping, and you lose almost all of your natural HGH as insulin surges block it'[s release. Eating carbs before bed will hold extra fat and make you groggy in morning, and the slow digestion of meat creates it's own problems. Both create a large insulin surge with the lack of HGH for recovery and fat loss during the night.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    You could experiement with not eating just before bed, as in stop eating at least three hours before bed time, and four is better. IF people do this all the time. The worst is eating carbs before sleep, but even eating meat gives a huge insulin surge, and digestion slows way down while sleeping, and you lose almost all of your natural HGH as insulin surges block it's release. Eating carbs before bed will hold extra fat and make you groggy in morning, and the slow digestion of meat creates it's own problems. Both create a large insulin surge with the lack of HGH for recovery and fat loss during the night.
    Most of what you said has been discredited for a long time.

My dinner is a steak and a salad every night. Occassionally I'll throw in a couple eggs if I'm lacking protein for the day. I don't generally eat a lot of carbs anyways because I feel I may have a wheat allergy. I get most of my carbs from fruits and vegetables, and I have some jasmine rice early in the day.

The time in which I eat before bed changes with my schedule. On Monday and Wednesday, I have no choice as I have classes after work and don't get home til late. And it makes no difference on something like a Saturday night when I'm prone to staying up later and had dinner several hours earlier.

4. Tuesday, Feb 7:

Today wasn't bad. No real extra energy. Lull in the afternoon had me falling asleep at my desk and microsleeping on my drive home.

I didn't workout tonight. Had some homework to finish up for tomorrow. (really, I was just feeling lazy and sore all over from being beat up all last week). So no workout means no caffeine today. I'm having my usual second wind though and feeling not tired at all right now. I slapped the patch on the top of my foot at about 8:45pm. 9:30pm and I'm headed for the bed!

5. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Most of what you said has been discredited for a long time.
    Whatever, on diet and eating habits you can find "science" to back any position that makes you comfortable with what you are currently doing. If the melatonin patch doesn't work for you, try the PowerPatch and expect great results from the HGH for sleep, as that's what you actually need. I'm outta here.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman

Whatever, on diet and eating habits you can find "science" to back any position that makes you comfortable with what you are currently doing. If the melaton patch doesn't work for you, try the PowerPatch and expect great results from the HGH for sleep, as that's what you actually need. I'm outta here.
    He wasn't being a dick.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

7. Wednesday Morning report, Feb 8:

I passed out quick last night, and even though I still woke up a couple times during the night, I felt a lot better this morning. I didn't have my usual morning grogginess and I felt energetic enough to get out of bed before hitting my snooze alarm the usual 2-3 times. Perhaps it won't correct all of my sleeping problems if I do in fact have sleep apnea, but maybe it'll make the times inbetween me waking up actually more restful.

Only two nights so far. Still reserving judgement for later. But this morning was good.

8. Thursday, Feb 9th:

I made it through most of the day yesterday without any tiredness. Started having a few lulls (one at about 10:45am, the second at 4:15pm) but quickly snapped out of them.

Last night, I got home from class and put the patch on top of my left foot (was right foot last night) at about 9pm. I then proceeded about my business of eating, prepping my stuff for the next day, and getting ready for bed. I finally got in bed about 10:30pm. I noticed as I was visiting the bathroom to empty my bladder for the last time before bed, that I felt a weird sensation kindof like I could instantly pass out while standing there. Must've been the patch forcing me to sleep, because I'm normally a night person and I get a second wind near bedtime. I passed out quick and easy. I woke up a few times throughout the night (as is usual for me). This morning was horrible getting out of bed. My alarm was going off and I was just ignoring it. I let it run for half an hour before I finally got up.

I'll say one thing I've definitely noticed since taking this patch. Falling asleep initially is a lot easier. I'm not tossing and turning for half an hour or more trying to get comfortable.

9. Friday, Feb 10th:

I slept over at my girlfriend's house last night. Normally it's even worse sleeping there because she likes a hard bed, so it's like sleeping on the floor. I put the patch on just before 10pm and we were ready to sleep around 10:30pm. I feel asleep nice and quickly.

She got a little frisky around 1am and attempted to wake me up. I was dead asleep. It took her awhile to wake me up, but the way she does it, I don't mind if she does it for awhile.

Slept real well last night. No trouble getting up this morning, then again, she doesn't let me lay around in bed either.

10. Sunday, Feb 12th:

I put the patch on top of my right foot last night about 9:40pm. At 10pm I was down in bed. That didn't really leave a whole lot of time for it to kick in before I went to bed, and it was evident because I didn't immediately fall asleep like the previous nights. When I did fall asleep, I felt I slept a bit better and had no trouble at all waking up this morning.

11. Monday, Feb 13:

So, weekends spent chasing my four year old daughter around usually end up with me taking a nap on Sunday afternoon when she does. That's not the way it went yesterday. We both had energy, so we went outside and worked on my motorcycle a bit. Well, I worked on it. She just watched and ran around in circles. Rest of the day was pretty smooth sailing.

I put the patch on last night at about 9:10pm, then sat down to do my practice test and study for Trigonometry while I waited for it to kick in. I hit the bed at 10:20pm and was quite ready for it. I fell asleep quickly and slept fairly well through the night, only waking up once or twice.

Woke up this morning to snow on the ground and a two hour commute. Ugh! Halfway through February and we finally get our first snowfall.

12. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Monday, Feb 13:

So, weekends spent chasing my four year old daughter around usually end up with me taking a nap on Sunday afternoon when she does. That's not the way it went yesterday. We both had energy, so we went outside and worked on my motorcycle a bit. Well, I worked on it. She just watched and ran around in circles. Rest of the day was pretty smooth sailing.

I put the patch on last night at about 9:10pm, then sat down to do my practice test and study for Trigonometry while I waited for it to kick in. I hit the bed at 10:20pm and was quite ready for it. I fell asleep quickly and slept fairly well through the night, only waking up once or twice.

Woke up this morning to snow on the ground and a two hour commute. Ugh! Halfway through February and we finally get our first snowfall.
    sounds like the sleep went well though

Crappy about the snow... and the 2hour commute... jeez.. I complain about my 25min commute lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

13. I forgot you live in Missouri as well man. Yeah the snow sucked. I walked outside and was like.. man.... spent an hour shoveling snow. (CALORIES burned baby!) as we have a really long walkway from our house to our cars.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--

14. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    sounds like the sleep went well though

Crappy about the snow... and the 2hour commute... jeez.. I complain about my 25min commute lol.
    It's normally about 45 minutes! Stupid snow!

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    I forgot you live in Missouri as well man. Yeah the snow sucked. I walked outside and was like.. man.... spent an hour shoveling snow. (CALORIES burned baby!) as we have a really long walkway from our house to our cars.
    I don't have to shovel. I live in an apartment.
  15. Great day.

Well, I can happily report that I went the entire work day without any kind of morning, afternoon, or evening lull in energy. No head-bobbing at my desk, no drifting asleep at the wheel. I briefly got to yawning a little bit during my English class, but it's boring, so that's to be expected.

It's after 9:30pm and I'm still not showing any signs of slowing down. I do hope that wears off soon, since I'll be going to bed. I got home from school and put the patch on at 9pm, so I should be feeling it soon.

16. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Well, I can happily report that I went the entire work day without any kind of morning, afternoon, or evening lull in energy. No head-bobbing at my desk, no drifting asleep at the wheel. I briefly got to yawning a little bit during my English class, but it's boring, so that's to be expected.

It's after 9:30pm and I'm still not showing any signs of slowing down. I do hope that wears off soon, since I'll be going to bed. I got home from school and put the patch on at 9pm, so I should be feeling it soon.
    I wonder if that is because you've slacked off on lifting?

17. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post

Wow, you sound like you are stimmed out.. glad you made it through the day with enough energy to get the job done
    RecoverBro ELITE

18. Sounds like it is helping out with your sleep issues somewhat. I hope it keeps getting better for ya!

19. Quote Originally Posted by nokkT View Post
    I wonder if that is because you've slacked off on lifting?
    STFU, I was chasing a 4 year old around all weekend. I'm lifting tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Wow, you sound like you are stimmed out.. glad you made it through the day with enough energy to get the job done
    Feels like it too. Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by ICJLM View Post
    Sounds like it is helping out with your sleep issues somewhat. I hope it keeps getting better for ya!
    Me too!

20. Wednesday, Feb 15:

Well yesterday was another day of good energy. Not quite as wired as the day before, but still good (For those keeping track, that's three days in a row. Certainly an anomaly for me.). Workout was a solid chest workout with a bit of arms thrown in to assess my bicep injury tolerance.

Put the patch on last night at 10pm, fooled around with the girlfriend for a bit, then went to sleep. I had a horrible night sleeping. I was waking up more than usual. Several times I woke up laying weird on my arm and it would be all numb and stuff. I can't get comfortable in her rock hard bed.

Got class tonight, and back in my nice soft bed!

21. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Wednesday, Feb 15:

Well yesterday was another day of good energy. Not quite as wired as the day before, but still good (For those keeping track, that's three days in a row. Certainly an anomaly for me.). Workout was a solid chest workout with a bit of arms thrown in to assess my bicep injury tolerance.

Put the patch on last night at 10pm, fooled around with the girlfriend for a bit, then went to sleep. I had a horrible night sleeping. I was waking up more than usual. Several times I woke up laying weird on my arm and it would be all numb and stuff. I can't get comfortable in her rock hard bed.

Got class tonight, and back in my nice soft bed!
    Hahah! Dang that is rough. I sleep on a fricken hard bed as well... I cant wait till i got home and can sleep on a soft bed... man...
    RecoverBro ELITE

22. Thursday, Feb 16:

Well, the affects of the hard bed surely did me in yesterday. At about 10:20am, I was feeling like I needed a nap. The rest of the day went ok though.

Work and school yesterday, got home and slapped that patch on at 9:05pm. Worked on some stuff and hit the sack at 10:35pm. I passed out quick! I slept pretty good (happy to be back in my soft bed). Didn't want to get out of bed at all this morning. So far today I'm doing alright. Not brimming with energy, but not falling asleep at my desk either.

23. Sorry I missed yesterday. It was fantastic though!

Thursday night Feb 16 - Saturday morning, Feb 18:

Thursday night I put the patch on at about 9:15pm. I didn't actually go to bed until 10:45pm. I slept like a log. I had plenty of energy on Friday, and I capped it off with an awesome shoulder workout in the evening. Friday evening, I put the patch on at 11:30pm and went straight to bed. Girlfriend was over, I was too busy to put it on earlier. I slept pretty good. I'll update later on my energy levels today.

24. Sunday, Feb 19:

Saturday's energy was another one through the roof. I hit a hard arms and abs workout at the gym in the evening and was feeling great.

I put the patch on Saturday night at 10:30pm, and was in bed by 11pm. Was at the girlfriend's house again. I had a horrible night sleep! Constantly waking up throughout the night. See a pattern here? Energy levels low on Sunday led to a lackluster leg workout. Back in my own bed tonight. Here's hoping I get back into that groove I was getting last week.

Patch on at 9:05pm. It's now 9:30pm and I'm heading to bed in just a few minutes.

25. Lol you gotta tell your girl to quit molesting you!!!
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

26. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Lol you gotta tell your girl to quit molesting you!!!
    Ha! Nah, it's just her super hard bed. I don't have the same problem when she stays at my house. She was here on Friday night, and I slept pretty good. I just tend to get to bed a little later.

27. haha the gf is making sleep HARD eh?
    RecoverBro ELITE

28. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    haha the gf is making sleep HARD eh?
    Not a bad thing.

29. Monday, Feb 20th:

I'm feeling pretty good today. I had a good night's rest. I only woke up once that I can recall. My energy levels are up today. I went to the gym with a buddy over lunch and pounded out a solid chest workout. We did some negatives with 295. That was fun.

I'd say it's working.

Got class tonight. I hope this energy holds up!

30. Tuesday, Feb 21st:

Well, energy held out just fine yesterday evening. I got home from class and slapped that patch on about 9:15pm. I went to bed at 10:30pm and passed straight out. Woke up at 2am, real groggy, immediately back to sleep. Woke up at 4am, wide awake! Tossed and turned for a bit, got up and went to the bathroom, tossed and turned a bit more, then finally fell back asleep. It didn't seem to affect my energy much today though. I had a little dip this morning about 11am, but it wasn't bad, and I powered through the rest of the day.

So far, my impression is fairly good. It took a week or so for it to kick in, but my days have mostly been filled with energy that I didn't have before using this. Nothing else has changed at all in my diet or supplementation, so it has to be the patch. Two more weeks left!

I was hitting the weight tonight, and feeling great! Started doing deadlifts, worked up to my 1 rep max, then back down, then back up a little to start banging out 365's x5. First two sets did fine... 3rd set, 2nd rep, something in my lower back on the left side went SNAP! Ouch! That's gonna put a kink in things for a few days. I'm hoping better sleep means faster healing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  2. AgeForce Transdermal Patch Offer Ends Soon!
    By Ageforce in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM