AgeForce is knocking me the f*** out with the Melatonin Patch

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday, Feb 15:

Well yesterday was another day of good energy. Not quite as wired as the day before, but still good (For those keeping track, that's three days in a row. Certainly an anomaly for me.). Workout was a solid chest workout with a bit of arms thrown in to assess my bicep injury tolerance.

Put the patch on last night at 10pm, fooled around with the girlfriend for a bit, then went to sleep. I had a horrible night sleeping. I was waking up more than usual. Several times I woke up laying weird on my arm and it would be all numb and stuff. I can't get comfortable in her rock hard bed.

Got class tonight, and back in my nice soft bed!
Hahah! Dang that is rough. I sleep on a fricken hard bed as well... I cant wait till i got home and can sleep on a soft bed... man...

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, Feb 16:

Well, the affects of the hard bed surely did me in yesterday. At about 10:20am, I was feeling like I needed a nap. The rest of the day went ok though.

Work and school yesterday, got home and slapped that patch on at 9:05pm. Worked on some stuff and hit the sack at 10:35pm. I passed out quick! I slept pretty good (happy to be back in my soft bed). Didn't want to get out of bed at all this morning. So far today I'm doing alright. Not brimming with energy, but not falling asleep at my desk either.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I missed yesterday. It was fantastic though!

Thursday night Feb 16 - Saturday morning, Feb 18:

Thursday night I put the patch on at about 9:15pm. I didn't actually go to bed until 10:45pm. I slept like a log. I had plenty of energy on Friday, and I capped it off with an awesome shoulder workout in the evening. Friday evening, I put the patch on at 11:30pm and went straight to bed. Girlfriend was over, I was too busy to put it on earlier. ;) I slept pretty good. I'll update later on my energy levels today.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Sunday, Feb 19:

Saturday's energy was another one through the roof. I hit a hard arms and abs workout at the gym in the evening and was feeling great.

I put the patch on Saturday night at 10:30pm, and was in bed by 11pm. Was at the girlfriend's house again. I had a horrible night sleep! Constantly waking up throughout the night. See a pattern here? :p Energy levels low on Sunday led to a lackluster leg workout. Back in my own bed tonight. Here's hoping I get back into that groove I was getting last week.

Patch on at 9:05pm. It's now 9:30pm and I'm heading to bed in just a few minutes.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol you gotta tell your girl to quit molesting you!!!

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Lol you gotta tell your girl to quit molesting you!!!
Ha! Nah, it's just her super hard bed. I don't have the same problem when she stays at my house. She was here on Friday night, and I slept pretty good. I just tend to get to bed a little later. ;)

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Monday, Feb 20th:

I'm feeling pretty good today. I had a good night's rest. I only woke up once that I can recall. My energy levels are up today. I went to the gym with a buddy over lunch and pounded out a solid chest workout. We did some negatives with 295. That was fun.

I'd say it's working. :)

Got class tonight. I hope this energy holds up!

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, Feb 21st:

Well, energy held out just fine yesterday evening. I got home from class and slapped that patch on about 9:15pm. I went to bed at 10:30pm and passed straight out. Woke up at 2am, real groggy, immediately back to sleep. Woke up at 4am, wide awake! Tossed and turned for a bit, got up and went to the bathroom, tossed and turned a bit more, then finally fell back asleep. It didn't seem to affect my energy much today though. I had a little dip this morning about 11am, but it wasn't bad, and I powered through the rest of the day.

So far, my impression is fairly good. It took a week or so for it to kick in, but my days have mostly been filled with energy that I didn't have before using this. Nothing else has changed at all in my diet or supplementation, so it has to be the patch. Two more weeks left!

I was hitting the weight tonight, and feeling great! Started doing deadlifts, worked up to my 1 rep max, then back down, then back up a little to start banging out 365's x5. First two sets did fine... 3rd set, 2nd rep, something in my lower back on the left side went SNAP! Ouch! That's gonna put a kink in things for a few days. I'm hoping better sleep means faster healing. :)

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, Feb 23rd:

So, on Tuesday night I went to bed a little early. I put that patch on about 8:30pm and went to bed at 9:05pm. Despite the pain in my back, I slept pretty soundly. There was no tossing and turning, which was good, because I know it would've woken me up!

I had pretty good energy on Wednesday, with just a slight dip about 11am. I made it through the rest of the day pretty well, and with enough energy to stay awake during class without issue.

I put the patch on at 9pm when I got home from class. I went to bed at 9:45pm. I slept pretty soundly. My back was feeling was great while I was laying down. I got up Thursday morning, holy hell, I couldn't walk! I'm limping around a bit now. Kind of having a lazy day. I called into work, just trying to rest up, but I haven't been doing any extra sleeping, since I'm not tired.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey dude, I was reading a study about melatonin that basically says it can be theoretically used as a mild AI in men. The study subjects were seeing an increase in testosterone due to inhibition of estrogen.
I will see if I can find it again...it's on pubmed!
Pretty interesting anyways.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Hey dude, I was reading a study about melatonin that basically says it can be theoretically used as a mild AI in men. The study subjects were seeing an increase in testosterone due to inhibition of estrogen.
I will see if I can find it again...it's on pubmed!
Pretty interesting anyways.
That's pretty cool!

I also heard from my girlfriend's mother that melatonin takes a bit to build up in your system, which would explain why it wasn't really doing anything for me the first week. I have no idea the truth to that though. But she's old and takes all kinds of herbal stuff.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Friday, Feb 24:

I ended up going to the doctor about my back. He gave me some Vicodin for pain and Prednisone for anti-inflammatory. I'm feeling pretty good now. :)

I put the patch on tonight at 9pm. It's 9:39pm right now and I'm still wired, but I'll be hitting the bed soon.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Saturday, Feb 25th:

Well, I didn't actually hit the bed until 11pm last night. I wasn't tired at all, but I figured I needed to. I slept fairly well. Woke up a couple times as usual. I got out of bed this morning at about 8am with no problems. I actually woke up before my 4 year old. That's unusual. :p

The little one is taking a nap now, and as much as I'd like to, I have an English essay to write. I'm feeling pretty energetic right now. So here's hoping I can power on through it!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you noticing any strange/vivid dreams?
That is the first sign for me when I start something, the dream recall becomes a whole lot more frequent.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Are you noticing any strange/vivid dreams?
That is the first sign for me when I start something, the dream recall becomes a whole lot more frequent.
Not really. I have a hard time recollecting any of my dreams.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Saturday/Sunday, Feb 25/26th:

I got home later Saturday night, then got distracted doing other stuff, and nearly forgot to put the patch on. I slapped that patch on about midnight and went straight to bed. On Sunday morning, my alarm was set for 8am, and I actually woke up before my alarm and got up and out of bed. Sunday was a great day for energy, and I ended up running around all day. Back was still a little sore, but I'm doing a lot better. I'll be going a bit easy on any workout that involves use of my lower back for awhile though.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Monday, Feb 27:

Another day of solid energy, and to top it off, I'm flying high with adrenaline right now! I just got home from class, where I finally got my grade back for my first essay that I turned in a few weeks ago. I hate English class. I hate writing papers. I skipped English 101 last semester when I started school again because I didn't want to write papers. Well, I got my paper back tonight, and I got an A-! That puts me at an A in both my classes right now (other is Trigonometry). I'm stoked!

I slapped the patch on at 9pm when I walked through the door, I hope I can sleep tonight. :p

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, Feb 28th:

I had one of the better night's sleep than I've had in a long time. As previously mentioned, I put the patch on at 9pm. I went to bed about 10:40pm when I started feeling the fuzzy headed effects. I slept completely through until about 10min before my alarm went off this morning. I was shocked that I didn't wake up once. I even made it into work early today.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, Feb 29th:

Ok, so Monday night was a great night, figures that it had to turn around. Tuesday night was absolutely horrible! I put the patch on last night at 9:20pm. I went to bed at 10:40pm. I wasn't feeling anything. I tossed and turned forever. I finally fell asleep but woke up numerous times throughout the night. Today around 11am, I started falling asleep at my desk again! *sigh*

Still removed from working out this week because of my back injury. I'll start back up at the end of this probably. It doesn't really hurt anymore. I just want to make sure it's healed before I start stressing it again.

Patch on tonight at 9:10pm.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, Mar 1:

Last night, I ended up in bed at 10:30pm. I was pretty tired, wasn't much tossing and turning, so I fell asleep quick. Woke up a few times during the night. Didn't feel that well rested this morning. I had a meeting at work at 10am this morning and I was struggling to stay awake.

It's 7:50pm right now and I'm feeling pretty worn down. I'll probably try to go to bed early tonight.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Friday, Mar 2nd:

I went to bed a bit early last night as stated. Patch went on at 9pm, and my head was hitting the pillow by 9:30pm.

I fell asleep pretty quickly (to be expected seeing as how tired I was), and I slept pretty good.

Today is running solid on energy. No dips yet at 2:30pm.

Maybe I just had a bad couple of days? Maybe I had a bad couple of patches? Who knows. :dunno:

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Sunday, Mar 4th:

Friday and Saturday night were great! I slept 10 hours each night! Went to bed at 10pm, and up at 8am. I felt great all day both Saturday and Sunday. I worked on my motorcycle on Saturday afternoon (changing oil, adjusting chain, installing crash bars). Sunday, I did my first workout since I hurt my back a week and a half ago. I was pumped! I did chest and biceps using lighter weight and higher reps. My energy was through the roof.

Patch on at 9pm tonight. It's 9:30pm now and I'm headed to bed!

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, March 6th:

Another couple good nights of sleep with solid energy throughout the day. I hit up a back workout tonight (i know, glutton for punishment). I didn't do deadlifts though! I felt real good all through, then went for a jog afterwards. It was a 20 min jog. Up from 12 minutes on Sunday night. I gotta get back into this cardio thing!

I've got three patches left to go. Only because I missed two nights along the way, otherwise tonight would be my last night. Looking to hit the bed early tonight! Got school tomorrow night, but only one class. May go for a run when I get home tomorrow night.

I also have a followup with the doctor on Thursday to check out my back. I still got a little bit of pain, but it's certainly bearable for now. Guess that's what I get. I was feeling so good that day, I did more than my body could handle.

I know I started out this thing posting my 1 rep max lifts with the hopes of testing again at the end to see if the better sleep helped to increase my lifts any, but because of the injury, I don't think I'm going to be able to do that. I know I at least won't be able to do the squats or deads. I may squeeze out a bench though.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, March 7th:

Patch went on last night at about 8:30. I didn't hit the bed until 10pm though. Crashed pretty quickly.

I slept ok, wasn't great, wasn't bad. I felt like I was dragging all day long though. I wasn't falling asleep at my desk or anything, I just didn't have the new found energy I've become accustomed to on this patch.

I didn't go for a run when I got home tonight. I had other things to get done before bed.

Patch on tonight at 9:30pm. It's just after 10pm now and I'm headed to bed!

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Friday, March 9th:

Wednesday night, I did go to bed shortly after I posted. Unfortunately, I had a terrible time trying to go to sleep. I was tossing and turning for awhile. Thursday morning, it was hard to get out of bed. I dragged through most of the day. At 4pm, when I got off work, I was driving to the gym and fighting to keep from falling asleep at the wheel. That's not an uncommon occurence for me, but something that has only happened once or twice since I started using this patch.

I drank my pre-workout on the way to the gym, and was able to pound out a leg workout that wasn't too bad. I limited myself to 225lbs on squats because of my back, but then loaded it up on the hack squats and leg press.

Thursday night, I put the patch on at 9:10pm. Same experience as the previous night. I couldn't get comfortable. I tossed and turned for awhile, woke up several times through the night. Today, my energy has been ok, but i just feel like this day is never going to end.

That was my last patch last night. I'll follow up later with my final thoughts.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Follow-up

And we now return to Jerry Springer's Final Thoughts... oh wait, wrong show. :p

A month ago, AgeForce selected me to do a log on the Melatonin patch. I had a fairly good experience with it, though it didn't seem to be real consistent. It got off to a slow start with no affect on my sleeping at all. In the second week, it started to shine. I was falling asleep quicker, waking up less often during the night, having more energy throughout the day, and most importantly, not falling asleep while driving anymore. There was a short relapse in the third week. It picked back up in the fourth, then ended the last few days without much affect at all.

More often than not, I feel it did help my sleep. It wasn't as dramatic as I was hoping as evidenced by my thread title, but with what I was working with, any improvement really was a good one. I've used other sleep supplements before, and when comparing them to melatonin tablets, the various brands of ZMA, and even AI's 3z, I'd have to say this worked marginally better than all of those.

Would I buy again? Maybe. Perhaps I'll give it another shot after I rule out the possibility of sleep apnea (since so many people seem to think that's what I have).

Thank you, AgeForce, for giving me opportunity to log your product.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice log broham!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And we now return to Jerry Springer's Final Thoughts... oh wait, wrong show. :p

A month ago, AgeForce selected me to do a log on the Melatonin patch. I had a fairly good experience with it, though it didn't seem to be real consistent. It got off to a slow start with no affect on my sleeping at all. In the second week, it started to shine. I was falling asleep quicker, waking up less often during the night, having more energy throughout the day, and most importantly, not falling asleep while driving anymore. There was a short relapse in the third week. It picked back up in the fourth, then ended the last few days without much affect at all.

More often than not, I feel it did help my sleep. It wasn't as dramatic as I was hoping as evidenced by my thread title, but with what I was working with, any improvement really was a good one. I've used other sleep supplements before, and when comparing them to melatonin tablets, the various brands of ZMA, and even AI's 3z, I'd have to say this worked marginally better than all of those.

Would I buy again? Maybe. Perhaps I'll give it another shot after I rule out the possibility of sleep apnea (since so many people seem to think that's what I have).

Thank you, AgeForce, for giving me opportunity to log your product.
Glad you feel it was a good product among the other sleep aids you took! Nice log and if we run any other promo's I will keep you in mind :D

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Glad you feel it was a good product among the other sleep aids you took! Nice log and if we run any other promo's I will keep you in mind :D
Thanks!

And by the way, I tried for a 1 rep max on the bench. Couldn't even hit my previous. I wasn't feeling all that great on Saturday. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.