Why did Ursobolic suck so hard?

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I did a search and seems 3/4 of the people who tried at very high doses got nothing. Sorry if you already addressed it but I wanted to know what you thought.

Colby

Colby

Awards
I tried it and didn't notice ne thing at all, for me it was a waste of money

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Probably to do with:

- Only tested on rats
- No real idea of a good dose for humans (no beta trial)
- No real idea of how to take i.e. with food, with fats, empty stomach, etc. (no beta trial)
- Unreal expectations of the users. The distributor (PA) had previously released some great products so people expected the same from this. The only info from Pat was 'it kept me lean during the Summer when I was drinking a lot'. There was no mention of other supps being taken, training, etc.

If this product had been beta tested then chances are it would never have been released due to the lack of results in most users.

TBH the whole Ursobolic thing reminded me of the informercials you see on tv. A pill is advertised that means you don't have to have a strict diet and you can still lose weight or remain lean if you spend time drinking a lot of alcohol/eating crappy food. A lot of people here jumped on the bandwagon and then wonder why they didn't get the fantastic (read unrealistic) results they expected.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Probably to do with:

- Only tested on rats
- No real idea of a good dose for humans (no beta trial)
- No real idea of how to take i.e. with food, with fats, empty stomach, etc. (no beta trial)
- Unreal expectations of the users. The distributor (PA) had previously released some great products so people expected the same from this. The only info from Pat was 'it kept me lean during the Summer when I was drinking a lot'. There was no mention of other supps being taken, training, etc.

If this product had been beta tested then chances are it would never have been released due to the lack of results in most users.

TBH the whole Ursobolic thing reminded me of the informercials you see on tv. A pill is advertised that means you don't have to have a strict diet and you can still lose weight or remain lean if you spend time drinking a lot of alcohol/eating crappy food. A lot of people here jumped on the bandwagon and then wonder why they didn't get the fantastic (read unrealistic) results they expected.
And a lot of folks got a lot out of it, self included. I was able to eat a lot more carbs and get leaner. When I went off over the Christmas break and deep into january I gained a lot excess fat and have mostly whittled it down sice restarting. There is no such thing as a miracle pill and more isn't necessarily more. I used 3x3 dosing and got great results. I also followed instruction ate it with fat etc. I wonder how many of the non responders took it regularly and multiple times pre day? Also lowered my bp. Look around the boards there a lot of folks touting it as a pct must as they are holding onto their gains. I think the reason most were disenchanted is that is takes a while to see results and most people seek instant gratification

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I did a search and seems 3/4 of the people who tried at very high doses got nothing. Sorry if you already addressed it but I wanted to know what you thought.
What type of search did you do and how did you arrive at 3 out of 4 ?

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
What type of search did you do and how did you arrive at 3 out of 4 ?
Searched here at AM. 3/4 is an estimate but overall you can't deny the reviews have been largely disappointing .

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It works very well for a lot of people. it will reduce fat over time and you cant expect it to do miracles in a week or two

maybe i should have given free bottles out to the typical ass kissers who could have fillled the pages with fake positive reviews.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LMAO PA, I don't post much in here, but it is always good to read your writings.

ManBeast

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
the product works....sometimes fail diets , trainings or rest.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
if USP labs or someone like that introduced the exact same product then you would be saying 9 out of 10 reviews say its absolutely mindblowing

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
PA, if muscletech introduced de same product.. sales will be tremendous

same problem with coleus forskholii, if you buy a 10% standardized, you don't get benefits

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i have made a breakthrough in Ursolic acid formulation btw, but i am not giving any details at this time. you all will have to wait and see

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, P. R. China.
[h=3]Abstract[/h] Ursolic acid (UA) is a pentacyclic triterpenic acid with many biological functions naturally existing in many kinds of food. To investigate whether UA can accelerate lipolysis, primary-cultured rat adipocytes were treated with UA, and glycerol release in the culture medium was measured. UA stimulated lipolysis significantly. Furthermore, the lipolytic effect of UA was inhibited by the protein kinase A (PKA) specific inhibitor H89, suggesting that UA exerted its lipolytic function through the cAMP-dependent PKA pathway. Downstream targets of the PKA pathway, hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL) and perilipin A were checked, UA enhanced lipolysis by promoting the translocation of HSL from the cytosol to the lipid droplets and inhibiting the expression of perilipin A. Additionally, adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL), a novel rate-limiting lipase in the lipolytic catabolism, was upregulated by UA. UA-induced expression of ATGL could not be blocked by H89, suggesting that ATGL upregulation is not regulated by the PKA pathway. These findings suggest that UA significantly stimulates lipolysis by translocating HSL, decreasing perilipin A expression by the PKA pathway, and up-regulating ATGL in primary cultured adipocytes. Thus, UA is a promising candidate for the treatment of obesity.

PMID: 20521271 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
so what out there now doesnt suck?
Excellent question. CL Blue Gene, Erase/Erase-Pro, DS Triazole and Athletix Titanium. Craze is popular, Super Size. Apparently Anabeta is a God-send. Just a few off the top of my head. There are very few non-PH/PS's IMO.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Excellent question. CL Blue Gene, Erase/Erase-Pro, DS Triazole and Athletix Titanium. Craze is popular, Super Size. Apparently Anabeta is a God-send. Just a few off the top of my head. There are very few non-PH/PS's IMO.
u must have checked the logs

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
u must have checked the logs
My bad for thinking that was an honest question. Half of those I listed I've tried and can vouch for. A few of those I did not like but yes, the good bro's do. Log's are not perfect, but they're not automatically BS either. There ALOT of products that don't work but I think that list is pretty decent

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
My bad for thinking that was an honest question. Half of those I listed I've tried and can vouch for. A few of those I did not like but yes, the good bro's do. Log's are not perfect, but they're not automatically BS either. There ALOT of products that don't work but I think that list is pretty decent
you come on here, my forum, with a title that explicitly says my product sucks. that is a direct insult

do you think that was appropriate? couldnt you have handled that a little more diplomatically? you expect me to take you seriously after that?

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Just the internet man, did that actually offend you? If you are being serious then I apologize. I didn't pull that idea out of thin air. Those were the words of several people who have tried it. Titles like that get people clicking. Good luck with future endeavors. Peace.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
After spending thousands of dollars on supps with little to show for it, I am becomming less and less enamored with the whole industry. However, I did buy 5 bottles of Ursolic Acid primarily because it was indroduced by PA. Thus far everything I have tried from him has worked, more or less with this exception. I started UA at 8 caps/day for about two weeks with no reuslts. I then went to 12 caps/day for another two weeks with no results. I finished off the rest of bottles at 18 caps/day with no results. I won't say that it was a complete waist of money there are health benefits to be had.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It works very well for a lot of people. it will reduce fat over time and you cant expect it to do miracles in a week or two

maybe i should have given free bottles out to the typical ass kissers who could have fillled the pages with fake positive reviews.

Yes it works well for me. I'm taking it now and it works extremely well and helping me gain mass and keep from getting fat. It seems to work better with higher caloric intake. This is not a fake positive review. I paid for all my bottles and will continue to take it.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Just the internet man, did that actually offend you? If you are being serious then I apologize. I didn't pull that idea out of thin air. Those were the words of several people who have tried it. Titles like that get people clicking. Good luck with future endeavors. Peace.
next time you are in a decent restaurant go into the kitchen and say to the cook "why does your chicken piccata suck so hard?"

After you dodge the frying pan thrown at your face you can give him a dumb look and say "did that actually offend you?"

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

love me some PA sarcasm

hahaha

ur a trip dude :p

next time you are in a decent restaurant go into the kitchen and say to the cook "why does your chicken piccata suck so hard?"

After you dodge the frying pan thrown at your face you can give him a dumb look and say "did that actually offend you?"

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so Cool, if you saw that only 1 out of 4 were positive, before I go hunting through looking did you notice any common details among the people who were successful? timing, taking fats with it, overall macros, overall calorie level, cardio level, starting bodyfat level, height to weight ratio, etc? Or if anyone else has noticed a common theme, feel free to chime in.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
My results with urso have been similar to truth's. For what it's worth I dosed 12 caps daily with fats.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
My results with urso have been similar to truth's. For what it's worth I dosed 12 caps daily with fats.
I think the fats are important when you take urso, In my opinion it is the fact that I take it with hot liquid fat that I get the most benefits from it. I started my log before attaining rep status and have purchased all but one of my bottles of Ursbolic. I live on a tight budget and I wouldn't spend my money if it did not work. I am ordering more this week along with my protein. It is a staple, I have maintained my muscle through pct and except for my three week Christmas candy and Greek Pastry binge with out the aid of Urso, I've been as lean as I ever have in my life.

That being said I work out really hard, I try to eat well but have cheat days, and I don't do cardio. It may not be a miracle(nothing not even steroids are) But it is certainly a valuable tool.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established

That will never happen Pat. When in one of my dire moments I found myself working in the big orange home improvement store, I was head of electrical and plumbing. Often when there was a disgruntled customer at the customer servicendesk requesting my presence at the desk I could hear them on the store phone saying what "I would do or else they'd kick my ass and what not" That all ended when I approached in person, they became meek as puppies. Its easy to be insulting sitting behind your keyboard and in front of no one. A little different when you approach the beast in person.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
i have made a breakthrough in Ursolic acid formulation btw, but i am not giving any details at this time. you all will have to wait and see
Eta on this Pat? Interested for sure.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Yes it works well for me. I'm taking it now and it works extremely well and helping me gain mass and keep from getting fat. It seems to work better with higher caloric intake. This is not a fake positive review. I paid for all my bottles and will continue to take it.
Good to see, tbone you are hard to please do this is positive.

D3Baseball

Awards
I know very little about Ursolic Acid, but is it fair to say more is better? truthornothing reports success at half the dose that many disgruntled users reported. Maybe not following bottle instructions is the issue?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know very little about Ursolic Acid, but is it fair to say more is better? truthornothing reports success at half the dose that many disgruntled users reported. Maybe not following bottle instructions is the issue?
He didn't exactly use half the dose. He used the lowest recommended dosage.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
I ran 2 bottles at the minimum dose and saw a definite increase in hunger and a slight leaning effect, all while consuming well over 5000calories. I didn't think anything could possibly make me more hungry while eating that much, but it did.
I noticed the same thing as KevO. With the minimum dose after 2 bottles I was hungrier, even while taking in more calories and leaning out a bit. Definitely gets expensive when run properly though.

http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=16481.0

Just wanted to say I ran out of Ursabolic late last year. Went on vacation and ate like a pig through the holdiays and gained 5lbs of fat, probably lost a bit o muscle. Bought 4 bottles and started back on 4x4 daily, working out 4-5x a week and Ive lost those 5lbs of fat and then some. Diet has been clean during the week but not so good on weekends. This stuff is going to make cutting up for summer a breeze!
http://www.prohormoneforum.com/q-patrick-arnold/48402-ursobolic-36.html#post895419

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
That will never happen Pat. When in one of my dire moments I found myself working in the big orange home improvement store, I was head of electrical and plumbing. Often when there was a disgruntled customer at the customer servicendesk requesting my presence at the desk I could hear them on the store phone saying what "I would do or else they'd kick my ass and what not" That all ended when I approached in person, they became meek as puppies. Its easy to be insulting sitting behind your keyboard and in front of no one. A little different when you approach the beast in person.

we will see how many people come up to me at the arnold and ask me why ursobolic sucks so hard. like you say, it will likely be zero

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

thats a good question. since bioavailabiliity is the main hurdle - and the bioavailability issue is one of solubility limitations - it may be that up to a point more is not better.

with that said, it seems logical that more frequent dosing of smaller amounts may be more advantageous than less frequent dosing of larger amounts. And, as truth mentioned, ingesting with fats is probably a key

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we will see how many people come up to me at the arnold and ask me why ursobolic sucks so hard. like you say, it will likely be zero
will that work as some sort of secret code for a free bottle of 7-Spray? Cause i'll do it then :D

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
will that work as some sort of secret code for a free bottle of 7-Spray? Cause i'll do it then :D
if you mean chucked at your head than possibly yes

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While i didnt have luck with body recomposition effects of UA i still take it because of the health benefits. And it appears to have lowered my blood pressure some as well.

Also i know the sperm question was an issue for a lot of people, like would it hurt sperm production or make them less likely to conceive. Well ive been on UA since it came out and my wife is 8 weeks pregnant. Take it for what its worth though.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
While i didnt have luck with body recomposition effects of UA i still take it because of the health benefits. And it appears to have lowered my blood pressure some as well.

Also i know the sperm question was an issue for a lot of people, like would it hurt sperm production or make them less likely to conceive. Well ive been on UA since it came out and my wife is 8 weeks pregnant. Take it for what its worth though.

my new version will completely knock your sperms out

i kid

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I actually am expecting at least one AM member to approach you and ask why it sucks so bad now... it will be the best inside joke at the Arnold ;)

Please don't throw anything at my head!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually am expecting at least one AM member to approach you and ask why it sucks so bad now... it will be the best inside joke at the Arnold ;)

Please don't throw anything at my head!
don't steal my plan man!

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established

My brother knocked up his wife while on it too

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can chuck all the full bottles of 7-spray at my head that you want, as long as i get to keep them. i can use them afterwards to keep the cortisol levels undercontrol from all the head damage.