Augmatine

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

how tall are you bro?
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html

2. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

5'10"
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

wow... you are one shredded up mofo then... 167 @5'10" and lookin like that is nuts...

i often wonder what I would look like at a super low bf again (used to be skinny as all get out naturally before eating my way into a slower metabolism) but I still doubt I could EVER weigh 167 again and look remotely as big as you do.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

How is a misspelled thread still going on lol...
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  5. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    wow... you are one shredded up mofo then... 167 @5'10" and lookin like that is nuts...

i often wonder what I would look like at a super low bf again (used to be skinny as all get out naturally before eating my way into a slower metabolism) but I still doubt I could EVER weigh 167 again and look remotely as big as you do.
    thanks
    my bones are also seriously thin, like on the compound exercises
    I can't understand how they can hold up under that much weight

6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Good feed back AK.

I am still so undecided on Agmatine, and if I want to try it..heh
  7. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Good feed back AK.

I am still so undecided on Agmatine, and if I want to try it..heh
    You know I got no affiliation whatsoever with no company (my Agmatine is bulk),
    and I'd say while it depends on what other sups you're using, I'd give it a shot.
    At least for me it seems to be a very cost-effective and versatile one

8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I hear ya. I am more concerned with the nutrient partitioning effects, and not so much interested in the pump. I am wondering if it has any ACTUAL merit in the way of that, at the doses we take.

Maybe I should have bought that 500g for $40 on the black Friday sale, and tried for myself.
  9. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I hear ya. I am more concerned with the nutrient partitioning effects, and not so much interested in the pump. I am wondering if it has any ACTUAL merit in the way of that, at the doses we take.

Maybe I should have bought that 500g for $40 on the black Friday sale, and tried for myself.
    Me too, the pumps are nice but I've never cared about them really, I'm too more interested in
    it's partitioning effects
    Mine is gon' be a wild guess (dinoii could def tell us more) but I think in this field
    is less immediate - like GDAs - and more on the long run. Think this: on refeed I've been skipping
    the GDA as dinoii suggested me, but I still have agmatine going, and so far so good

10. Jahcuree

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Me too, the pumps are nice but I've never cared about them really, I'm too more interested in
    it's partitioning effects
    Mine is gon' be a wild guess (dinoii could def tell us more) but I think in this field
    is less immediate - like GDAs - and more on the long run. Think this: on refeed I've been skipping
    the GDA as dinoii suggested me, but I still have agmatine going, and so far so good
    Damn man. that is insane. my other question is what else are you taking to maintain muscle mass?
  11. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahcuree View Post
    Damn man. that is insane. my other question is what else are you taking to maintain muscle mass?
    BCAA, that's it.
    I mean I take a quite a variety of supplements, but specifically to maintain muscle mass
    when dieting is BCAA (free form), no doubt for me.
    I take 30/40gr a day, everyday.
    Not only great for maintaining muscle but I will always remember
    the first time I started megadosing 'em, it was one of those "oohhhh" moment
    recovery just skyrocketed, endurance and overall well being and muscle fullness..
    Now you wanna note that I've been dieting for years, very strictly and my variety
    of food is very very limited, so I personally not only gain great benefits from
    megadosing BCAAs but I'd probably die without them.
    My protocol most likely will not get the same massive good results on someone
    who doesn't diet that much and doesn't train that hard at the same time,
    nonetheless, my advice is to take 'em, it should be a staple sup for pretty much
    everyone.

12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahcuree View Post
    You can't go by what AK does, he is a freak..haha(in a good way)
  13. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

You can't go by what AK does, he is a freak..haha(in a good way)
    Lol listen to him! (all good bro )

14. Jahcuree

Lol listen to him! (all good bro )
    Crazy stuff bro, thats shhhitton of bcaas! haha

And thanks for the tip Frank.
  15. Registered User

I started taking Agmatine about 2 weeks ago at 750 x 2 scoops on an empty stomach pre-workout. Have not seen anything yet, but I never get pumps on low carb. Well sometimes, but barely ever. Maybe I'll notice some other benefits but so far I'm not impressed.
  16. Registered User

i havent read the whole thread but want to post this for Ds responce to agmatine in relation to bodyfat and testosterone.

seems it has a lot of positives but is an antagonist for NDMA receptor and agonist for alpha 2, no bueno

http://www.aapsj.org/view.asp?art=aapsj080356
  17. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    i havent read the whole thread but want to post this for Ds responce to agmatine in relation to bodyfat and testosterone.

seems it has a lot of positives but is an antagonist for NDMA receptor and agonist for alpha 2, no bueno

http://www.aapsj.org/view.asp?art=aapsj080356
    Meaning is making me fatter?
    no i'm serious, break it down for meh?

18. Registered User

Meaning is making me fatter?
    no i'm serious, break it down for meh?

It doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so no "nootropic" type effect. However, it may help with vasolation(pumps) but may also halt fat loss. That is what I got from it anyway. Not sure if I'm interpreting it correctly.
  19. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so no "nootropic" type effect. However, it may help with vasolation(pumps) but may also halt fat loss. That is what I got from it anyway. Not sure if I'm interpreting it correctly.
    oh hell no.. I need more info about this indeed

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Alpha y to the rescue!
  21. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Alpha y to the rescue!
    I most def do not want to run something that could halt fat loss,
    f@ck the pumps if that's the case

22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

I had mentioned Alpha y cause its an Alpha 2 receptor antagonist.... so it will negate the effects of agmatine if such things are true... also would rely on assuming which has better availability, binding affinity etc etc.... I would honestly think that this isnt that huge of an issue...
  23. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I had mentioned Alpha y cause its an Alpha 2 receptor antagonist.... so it will negate the effects of agmatine if such things are true... also would rely on assuming which has better availability, binding affinity etc etc.... I would honestly think that this isnt that huge of an issue...
    Yeah it makes sense, altho' seems silly to take Alpha y to negate the side effects of something
    that is not - in the end - a "necessary" sups ya know? Among all things then, fat loss, sh#t halt my penis before that lol

24. Registered User

Yeah it makes sense, altho' seems silly to take Alpha y to negate the side effects of something
    that is not - in the end - a "necessary" sups ya know? Among all things then, fat loss, sh#t halt my penis before that lol
    Exactly. Just stop taking the Agmatine. If this study has actual validity to it. I'd like to someone with a science/chemistry background come in here and respond to the study posted or break it down for us non nerds.
  25. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Exactly. Just stop taking the Agmatine. If this study has actual validity to it. I'd like to someone with a science/chemistry background come in here and respond to the study posted or break it down for us non nerds.
    Oh I did already lol, as soon as ssbackwards posted that I was "eehh NO"

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

WHOA

Say what?????

PLease explain T

Thanks

A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  27. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    WHOA

Say what?????

PLease explain T

Thanks

It was in the study that ssbackwards posted on post #96. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the study correctly though. We need the dinnoi guy or whatever his name is to read that study and comment on it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that is how I understood what I read.
  28. Registered User

It was in the study that ssbackwards posted on post #96. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the study correctly though. We need the dinnoi guy or whatever his name is to read that study and comment on it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that is how I understood what I read.
    from what i read you are more then correc.

NMDA antagonist (which subclass i dont know), but alpha AGONIST which would be fine if working one alpha ones (which beta agonist tend to stimulate). but its alpha 2s. which is bad for fat loss.
  29. Registered User

"Agmatine also binds to α2-adrenergic receptors, and agonists of α2-adrenergic receptors have been known to inhibit opioid withdrawal. The activation of α2-adrenergic receptors by agonists like clonidine inhibits dependence and withdrawal. While agmatine was discovered because of its ability to bind to α2-adrenergic receptors,1 several subsequent functional studies reported that agmatine is not an agonist at this site"

Agmatine recognizes alpha 2-adrenoceptor binding sites but neither activates nor inhibits alpha 2-adrenoceptors. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1995;351:10-16.

"agmatine, administered intracerebro-ventricular (i.c.v.) or IP, has not been shown to lower arterial pressure,53-55 thus ruling out the possibility of α2-adrenergic receptor activation in this action of agmatine."

Cardiovascular responses to agmatine, a clonidine-displacing substance, in anesthetized rat. Clin Exp Hypertens. 1995;17:115-128.
    PubMed

54. Szabo B, Urban R, Limberger N, Starke K. Cardiovascular effects of agmatine, a “clonidine-displacing substance”, in conscious rabbits. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1995;351:268-273.
    PubMed DOI: 10.1007/BF00233246

55. Raasch W, Schafer U, Qadri F, Dominiak P. Agmatine, an endogenous ligand at imidazoline binding sites, does not antagonize the clonidine-mediated blood pressure reaction. Br J Pharmacol. 2002;135:663-672.

nothing wqas shown in human models in terms of it binding or not i dont believe. thing is i dont know how it recognizs it with out either activating it or not. could be partial antagonist which could cause issues with it halting fat loss, or partiol agonist which may increase fat loss

Partial meaning it acts like it somewhat therefore essentially blocking the action at the site (so with what i said above it act as oppisite, get it? meaning partial agonist is blocking the site there for overall effects are antagonizing or inhibition of binding.) but i havent seen that in any literature on it.

this study below (well abstract) is saying it can inhibit NA release (which means agonizes Aplha 2).

"Agmatine can regulate vascular function by two opposing actions at sympathetic nerve terminals, with different latencies: a transient inhibition of NA release mediated by prejunctional alpha 2-adrenoceptors and a cocaine-sensitive delayed facilitation the mechanism of which is undetermined at present. 8. The results reveal the existence of a novel endogenous amine modulating NA release in the perivascular sympathetic terminals."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1915776/
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

WOW. Had no clue. Good info. Thanks
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  31. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

from what i read you are more then correc.

NMDA antagonist (which subclass i dont know), but alpha AGONIST which would be fine if working one alpha ones (which beta agonist tend to stimulate). but its alpha 2s. which is bad for fat loss.
    Then agma stays supsended indeed

32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47

Then agma stays supsended indeed
    Wait suspended as in not taking it?

I think you misinterpreted what he just posted n what I was basically just about to come into this thread to post...

Many things can attach to the different receptors in the body that don't exert any effect or cause the receptor or whatever it attaches to, not exert its effect, essentially bound/blocked.

A less direct correlation would be aromatase inhibitors and shbg inhibitors (even shbg itself), where something binds to another stopping it from exerting its effect or displacing something else from being bound allowing it to exert its effects elsewhere....

More directly this could be compared to a serm or something like atd where it can bind to the receptor and simply blocks the effects of normal agonists starving the cell of that simulation and exerting the desired effect...

So in plain english, agmatine can create fast loss by stopping alpha2 adrenergic agonists from binding to the sites and halting fat loss.... It would seemingly stack well with most beta agonists which create a negative feedback loop antagonizing alpha receptors and halting the productive fat loss...

This is of course only if the studies translate to humans and more importantly the doses we use in our applications....

Either way with all the other benefits health wise agmatine offers I wouldn't stop dosing especially when it obviously offers positive aesthetic benefits in real world applications.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

I agree with sourdough real world results along with the many other health benefits of the compound should win in this case keep in mind this is one small study on rats. You might even start to stress from taking this compound because of this study which will increase your cortisol and make fat loss harder. So I suggest try not to stress over it lol.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Lol...here's a study actually showing its a receptor agonist... Not good ...(except this is in the case of seizures not fat loss)

Funny thing is it ALSO shows the use of yohimbe to completely negate its effects on the adrenoreceptor as per my suggestion of using alpha y

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21651904

(1-3):93-9. Epub 2011 Jun 1. Additive anticonvulsant effects of agmatine and lithium chloride on pentylenetetrazole-induced clonic seizure in mice: involvement of ??-adrenoceptor. Bahremand A, Ziai P, Payandemehr B, Rahimian R, Amouzegar A, Khezrian M, Montaser-Kouhsari L, Meibodi MA, Ebrahimi A, Ghasemi A, Ghasemi M, Dehpour AR. Tehran University of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Iran.

Abstract After 60 years, lithium is still the mainstay in the treatment of mood disorders and widely used in clinic. In addition to its mood stabilizer effects, lithium also shows some anticonvulsant properties. Similar to lithium, agmatine also plays a protective role in the CNS against seizures and has been reported to enhance the effect of different antiepileptic agents. Moreover, both agmatine and lithium have modulatory effects on ?(2)-adrenoceptors. So, we designed this study: 1) to investigate whether agmatine and lithium show an additive effect against clonic seizures induced by pentylenetetrazole; 2) to assess whether this additive effect is mediated through the ?(2)-adrenoceptor or not. In our study, acute administration of a single effective dose of lithium chloride (30 mg/kg, i.p.) increased the seizure threshold. Pre-treatment with low and, per se, non-effective doses of agmatine (1 and 3mg/kg) potentiated a sub-effective dose of lithium (10mg/kg). Interestingly, the anticonvulsant effects of these effective combinations of lithium and agmatine were prevented by pre-treatment with low and non-effective doses of yohimbine [?(2)-adrenoceptor antagonist] (0.1 and 0.5mg/kg). On the other hand, clonidine [?(2)-adrenoceptor agonist] augmented the anticonvulsant effect of a sub-effective combination of lithium (5mg/kg i.p.) and agmatine (1mg/kg) at relatively low doses (0.1 and 0.25mg/kg). In summary, our findings demonstrate that agmatine and lithium chloride exhibit additive anticonvulsant properties which seem to be mediated through ?(2)-adrenoceptor.

Copyright 2011. Published by Elsevier B.V.

PMID: 21651904 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
  35. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Understood, thank you a lot for breaking it down.
    In the end tho' is a pretty new sup (to me) of which I know very lil
    and I rather sticking to other proven stuff with not possible side effect,
    especially on fat loss because, well, BF here is quite low and even lil changes
    will show and I don't feel like running the risk, where for "risk" I mean dieting my
    ass of this hard and at the same time taking something that MIGHT work against my
    purpose.. and Alpha y as you say could easily be the solution, and yet, I don't have it
    and it seems silly to get it for this, I already take a lot of stuff lol it gets expensive.

I'll leave the agmatine in its tub till some more study shows up, I don't really care
    about the pumps (Pumpbol does the trick better than anything else i tried anyway)

36. Registered User

its not very cut and dry with agmatine yet.

It can be an agonist due to the effects yohimbine has for blocking its action on A2 adrenos. but still seems fairly new.

I never used it, and i wont until i know exactly what im dealing with. usually the case for most everything i take. including the fat burners. havent even toyed with DAA yet, or nitrates. Even the new AIs.
  37. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

its not very cut and dry with agmatine yet.

It can be an agonist due to the effects yohimbine has for blocking its action on A2 adrenos. but still seems fairly new.

I never used it, and i wont until i know exactly what im dealing with. usually the case for most everything i take. including the fat burners. havent even toyed with DAA yet, or nitrates. Even the new AIs.
    I'm with you with this one bro, better be safe than sorry

38. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

bump for the doc about the fat loss thing & agmatine

39. Registered User

Hey guys I just got recent blood work which included fasting glucose. Before my usual fasting glucose was 112, that was consistent over several tests. This time that I happened to have been using agmatine for about 3 weeks straight, my fasting glucose was 82. I have lost a lot of fat since my last blood work, but still the change is impressive.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

congrats on the fat losss T-Bone!

The change in glucos levels could be as easily attributed to your fat loss and new/current insulin sensitivity levels (altered for the positive).

Hey guys I just got recent blood work which included fasting glucose. Before my usual fasting glucose was 112, that was consistent over several tests. This time that I happened to have been using agmatine for about 3 weeks straight, my fasting glucose was 82. I have lost a lot of fat since my last blood work, but still the change is impressive.
  •