Augmatine

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    I don't think it changes much from when not on a low carb diet and as suggested in discussions before this (probably single-best time to take it is first thing in AM and every 24 hours thereafter); you are talking about an acting insulinomimetic, however, so it may potentiate symptoms of hypoglycemia in that setting. This would be a challenge in the normal population at large given the auto-regulatory set-up that inherently drives blood sugars in a neat range of 70-100 (+/- 5) mg/dl.

    D_

    so if i consume 1g on AM this will NOT kick me out of Ketosis?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Concurrent insulin use?

    D_
    Oh not at all, I'm 100% natural (altho' I don't know if insulin use would be
    considered not natty..), from starvation I guess
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Bites nails in anticipation. I hope your experiment goes well. I have dosed it up as high as 4-5 grams for 3 months at a time without a lot of "consequence" so another thing I could likely say is toxicity is probably exceedingly low; so why not.






    Concurrent insulin use?


    D_

    Is there really any additional benefit by going over 1 gram per day?. At 1 gram per day the price is reasonable, but definitely not at 4-5.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I've purchased bulk agmatine from Nutra. I'm going to take 750 mg/day for several months and see what transpires. Having said that, I'm really not sure what to expect. Some say better pumps, others recomp and still others better overall health. This I can say, the stuff is bitter as sin.
    interested in your results... Ive heard nothing but good things about the production versions out but have hardly heard anything about the bulks and I usually try to get my supps in bulk that I know are going to be legit as I can get anyhow...
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    interested in your results... Ive heard nothing but good things about the production versions out but have hardly heard anything about the bulks and I usually try to get my supps in bulk that I know are going to be legit as I can get anyhow...
    I got bulk too, I should get it in a coupla days
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  6. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Oh not at all, I'm 100% natural (altho' I don't know if insulin use would be
    considered not natty..), from starvation I guess
    Might not be considered natural but there is no way someone could test for it from my understanding

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    I got bulk too, I should get it in a coupla days
    nice man id be interested in following along your results.. if your not going to be running any kinda log then at least hit me up after your a lil way into it to lmk if your seeing the desired and mentioned effects
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    nice man id be interested in following along your results.. if your not going to be running any kinda log then at least hit me up after your a lil way into it to lmk if your seeing the desired and mentioned effects
    I just started the Swole Stack log, and I have another sponsored log to fill after that one ugh..

    But I will definitely try Agmatine while on the Swole and add in there or just make a review of it in here.
    Worse case scenario count on it, I'll hit you up and let you know, I'm also very interested in how it'll work,
    got a hefty 50gr tub too, so it'll last enough for a long-ish term use report
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  9. niiiiiiice.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html

  10. i used with food but this time i thinking taking without.
    •   
       


  11. Got it today and dosed 500mg prewo.. godawful feeling
    It feels like my body is fighting against it, i don't know if it's normal
    the first time but jeez... The nootropic effect is heavy and not in a good way
    for me, trynna workout and find myself staring at dust flakes for I don't know how long
    and i feel lethargic.. Pumps are the same, in my case would be great since i'm on Pump-Bol
    right now as prewo, but agmatine didn't enhance that or anything else.. bah
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  12. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Got it today and dosed 500mg prewo.. godawful feeling
    It feels like my body is fighting against it, i don't know if it's normal
    the first time but jeez... The nootropic effect is heavy and not in a good way
    for me, trynna workout and find myself staring at dust flakes for I don't know how long
    and i feel lethargic.. Pumps are the same, in my case would be great since i'm on Pump-Bol
    right now as prewo, but agmatine didn't enhance that or anything else.. bah
    What brand???


  13. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Got it today and dosed 500mg prewo.. godawful feeling
    It feels like my body is fighting against it, i don't know if it's normal
    the first time but jeez... The nootropic effect is heavy and not in a good way
    for me, trynna workout and find myself staring at dust flakes for I don't know how long
    and i feel lethargic.. Pumps are the same, in my case would be great since i'm on Pump-Bol
    right now as prewo, but agmatine didn't enhance that or anything else.. bah
    That's crazy, maybe it lowered your blood sugar too low?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    What brand???
    Bulk from Bulkpowders, anything I got from them so far
    was very good quality and grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Ev52 View Post
    That's crazy, maybe it lowered your blood sugar too low?
    I don't know man, I know that 3 hours passed since I finished my wo and
    I'm lethargic as sh#t, I parked the car at home and *passed out* in it for like 15 minutes..

    WO was fine, but instead of helping me like I said, it felt like my body was fighting against it
    at which point if I don't feel ok I get pissed and go on out of rage
    I was able to carry on a good one anyway but the feeling was really ugly
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  15. What was your pre workout carb intake?


  16. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    What was your pre workout carb intake?
    Carb? lol.. My DAILY carb intake is 30gr on wo days, split in three meals
    traces on day off.
    I do warrior diet/IF, wo fasted in the morning, only BCAA pre/intra/post,
    multi, vit D, prewo product of the month (Pumpbol+Ultima right now)
    ATM I'm also completely off stims

    The best way to describe the effect is that it seemed like agmatine
    took out my aggression in the gym.. man you take that out from me
    is a problem..
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  17. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Got it today and dosed 500mg prewo.. godawful feeling
    It feels like my body is fighting against it, i don't know if it's normal
    the first time but jeez... The nootropic effect is heavy and not in a good way
    for me, trynna workout and find myself staring at dust flakes for I don't know how long
    and i feel lethargic.. Pumps are the same, in my case would be great since i'm on Pump-Bol
    right now as prewo, but agmatine didn't enhance that or anything else.. bah
    That is honestly an extremely odd reaction, especially at 500mg. Lethargy is strange as well. Give it another shot when you get the chance. This time, take 500mg with a high carb meal to see how you react.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    That is honestly an extremely odd reaction, especially at 500mg. Lethargy is strange as well. Give it another shot when you get the chance. This time, take 500mg with a high carb meal to see how you react.
    30gr of carbs is my daily carb intake (on wo days), split in 3 meals
    if carbs are required for it to work is not the right sups for me.
    I took another 500mg last night with my last meal anyway,
    noticed nothing, then I went to bed not long after that so i wouldn't know..

    I'll try it again on my day off (sat) and see
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  19. Hmm that's really odd. If you're always pretty carb depleted and the issues persist this might not be your "go to" supp. I've taken 1g Agmatine pre workout with no carbs and felt fine though.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Hmm that's really odd. If you're always pretty carb depleted and the issues persist this might not be your "go to" supp. I've taken 1g Agmatine pre workout with no carbs and felt fine though.
    Indeed.. I'll see if I can figure it out
    I know that today I didn't take it prewo and had a
    badass day in the gym. My aggression was back and
    had a great wo.
    I'll dose it tonight with my 2nd meal and see if
    sides are back, if not another dose prebed, but
    if there are no noticeable benefit I won't keep using it
    even because I - very quickly and superficially - read
    some possible problem with protein breakdown with this

    Only thing is wth ima gonna do with 50gr of it if i don't
    use it lol
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  21. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    30gr of carbs is my daily carb intake (on wo days), split in 3 meals
    if carbs are required for it to work is not the right sups for me.
    I took another 500mg last night with my last meal anyway,
    noticed nothing, then I went to bed not long after that so i wouldn't know..

    I'll try it again on my day off (sat) and see

    Take a peak back at the slide show and the insulinomimetic action of the agent. You DO NOT need to take it with carbs, HOWEVER, you should add in a meal after taking it - probably about 45 min to an hour (not necessarily carb-laden...all macros will induce a spike in blood sugar and subsequent influx of insulin - contrary to what I think people are believing "ketosis" entails).

    It's not the kind of supplement you will "notice" something for (in other words, it's not a stimulant) outside of prolonged pump (but it looks as though you are pretty lean to start, so I would think you are pretty vascular baseline)...

    It is possibly something that can induce a GH response, BUT the food would blunt it - so even if before bed...you tried to promote GH with the supplement, but killed it with the food...as the normal GH-response on INDUCTION of sleep is rather large; probably your best in a 24-hour period.


    D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  22. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Indeed.. I'll see if I can figure it out
    I know that today I didn't take it prewo and had a
    badass day in the gym. My aggression was back and
    had a great wo.
    I'll dose it tonight with my 2nd meal and see if
    sides are back, if not another dose prebed, but
    if there are no noticeable benefit I won't keep using it
    even because I - very quickly and superficially - read
    some possible problem with protein breakdown with this

    Only thing is wth ima gonna do with 50gr of it if i don't
    use it lol
    Unsure what you read about protein breakdown, but biogenic amines – like Agmatine – are formed by the breakdown of proteins in foods (not in the reverse order). Foods like beef, fish, bananas, avocados, mushrooms, chocolate, sauerkraut, and soy sauce are just some that contain Agmatine to varying degrees, though these levels can vary precipitously and drastically alter the amount you are ingesting. The problem is that as we age, it appears that our levels of amines decline and it becomes more pertinent and possibly more noticeable to the aged population that what you might expect to see (judging by your photo).


    D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  23. Thanks a lot Doc as usual

    Ok then so is the fasting + agmatine that probably
    did the trick on me..

    So I will try to dose it close to meals/pre meals,
    just not prewo for me since I wo fasted and my first meal
    is hours after my wo

    About the protein breakdown thing, it was a long a## thread on
    another board and you're in it, I was about to read the whole thing
    at some point

    Is agmatine effects gonna improve/increase with use?
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  24. Dosed 1gr with my last meal last night, results is it knocked me out
    within 20 minutes or so, i feel asleep like a baby which I'm not complaining too much
    about since it was late night.
    But today? oh boy... it's 2.25PM and I cannot for the life of me connect my mind with my body,
    I just do NOT give a damn about anything in the world.. No aggression again in the gym
    (i'm just glad today was "whatever i feel like training day")..

    There is some very wrong nootropic effect going on with this and my head.

    Doc since you were involved in the formulation of it, could agmatine interact in some
    bad way with Ultima(last version)?
    Mine is a totally wild guess, but for example, I can't take a full scoop of Ultima
    or I have this @_@ feeling, i focus yes, but I focus on EVERYTHING, it's too much for me
    so usually i take half or a lil more. I'm saying this because the feeling it similar
    to when I tried one full scoop of Ultima, just twice as much (I'm talking about the nootropic effect)
    and much $hittier..

    I'm hating the stuff
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  25. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Thanks a lot Doc as usual

    Ok then so is the fasting + agmatine that probably
    did the trick on me..

    So I will try to dose it close to meals/pre meals,
    just not prewo for me since I wo fasted and my first meal
    is hours after my wo

    About the protein breakdown thing, it was a long a## thread on
    another board and you're in it, I was about to read the whole thing
    at some point

    Is agmatine effects gonna improve/increase with use?
    You should see a potentiated effect with multiple dosings.


    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Dosed 1gr with my last meal last night, results is it knocked me out
    within 20 minutes or so, i feel asleep like a baby which I'm not complaining too much
    about since it was late night.
    But today? oh boy... it's 2.25PM and I cannot for the life of me connect my mind with my body,
    I just do NOT give a damn about anything in the world.. No aggression again in the gym
    (i'm just glad today was "whatever i feel like training day")..

    There is some very wrong nootropic effect going on with this and my head.

    Doc since you were involved in the formulation of it, could agmatine interact in some
    bad way with Ultima(last version)?
    Mine is a totally wild guess, but for example, I can't take a full scoop of Ultima
    or I have this @_@ feeling, i focus yes, but I focus on EVERYTHING, it's too much for me
    so usually i take half or a lil more. I'm saying this because the feeling it similar
    to when I tried one full scoop of Ultima, just twice as much (I'm talking about the nootropic effect)
    and much $hittier..

    I'm hating the stuff
    HA! Well, I was involved in the introduction of agmatine to the market as well as the ORIGINAL Ultima and V2; however, I had NO PART in V3. That said...I can discuss some issue I had with Ultima from the beginning...choline was originally dosed too high and it would induce a "sleepy" effect (we remedied that come V2); the TYROSINES are actually GABA-ergic and the acetylated version is very susceptible to crossing the BBB, for which 750mg might as well be 10 grams. Couple this with agmatine's role on the alpha 2 receptor (pre-synaptic) in the CNS and you are in for a very lethargic feeling. It would be very hard for me to do justice in a short piece like this on the imidazoline receptor - but this too is impacted with alpha 2 agonist to create a very "slowed-down" effect. That's why it's wonderful with chronic opioid users.

    You could also be seeing effects from the insulinomimetic action as well as the serotonin effect (albeit a lot less) just due to how low you're keeping your carbs. I mean, what you are describing is VERY atypical from agmatine users BUT may make a lot of sense in someone like you and the little I have learned through this thread.


    D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  26. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    You should see a potentiated effect with multiple dosings.




    HA! Well, I was involved in the introduction of agmatine to the market as well as the ORIGINAL Ultima and V2; however, I had NO PART in V3. That said...I can discuss some issue I had with Ultima from the beginning...choline was originally dosed too high and it would induce a "sleepy" effect (we remedied that come V2); the TYROSINES are actually GABA-ergic and the acetylated version is very susceptible to crossing the BBB, for which 750mg might as well be 10 grams. Couple this with agmatine's role on the alpha 2 receptor (pre-synaptic) in the CNS and you are in for a very lethargic feeling. It would be very hard for me to do justice in a short piece like this on the imidazoline receptor - but this too is impacted with alpha 2 agonist to create a very "slowed-down" effect. That's why it's wonderful with chronic opioid users.

    You could also be seeing effects from the insulinomimetic action as well as the serotonin effect (albeit a lot less) just due to how low you're keeping your carbs. I mean, what you are describing is VERY atypical from agmatine users BUT may make a lot of sense in someone like you and the little I have learned through this thread.


    D_
    Damn I love your posts/replies so much is not even funny!

    Soooo, what you describe is EXACTLY the kinda feeling, that slowed-down, sleepy effect, goddamn it was horrible (I mean, maybe if you wanna relax is ok, but PRE/DURINGWO? no thanks lol)

    Man, now a LOT of things make sense to me... Quick resume: I use Lit-Up as my main prewo, i cycle it off every two tubs
    usually ('cause the DAA and to keep my body to get used to it) I had two unopened tubs of Ultima which I was going to open after the above stack, to get off stims, and so I did.

    Knowing that I couldn't take a full scoop of Ultima I added Pumpbol (beta ala nitrates, just saying in case some other interaction is going on here...) as main prewo and just took half (often less) scoop of Ultima 15 minutes later.

    Since I added Ultima in the mix I started to have hard time starting the wo and while strength was there, my mind not so much,
    I mean usually I'm a machine, mind-muscle connection and concentration are always there without me having to do nothing really.
    Since Ultima I really had to force myself to stay alert and concentrated, I assumed it was because I was missing Lit-Up (even tho' never happened before..) but now that you tell me this: goddamn is Ultima causing this!!
    My wild guess was somewhat right.. see? Instinct (because being ignorant is all i got lol)

    I'm so very sensitive to nootropics, some work on me some other just f@ck with my mind a lot. Lit-Up has a lil bit of DMAE which
    gives me the perfect concentration, just enough, and aggression is still there 100%.

    So it's settled: skipping the damn Ultima tomorrow (Legs day yay!)
    dosing Agamatine tonight with my 2nd meal and tomorrow morning prewo and see how it goes.


    As for carbs, my daily intake is MAX 30gr a day on workout days, traces-to-none the day before refeed (which is day off),
    but I've been doing this for years and never got any problems with any sups because of it, not GDAs not anything..
    Is totally Ultima, I could feel it in my guts..

    BTW, I started to do the refeed as you suggested and it worked great, I still can't eat complex carbs but cereals worked
    very well, while not the best choice is my only choice atm. Got both some sugary ones and rice krispies (6gr of sugar for 100gr of carbs) did a refeed (not big, i'm taking baby steps) and everything went good,
    not bloating, no water retention the next day and actually looking better

    you're my savior Doc!
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  27. Report on today's wo WITHOUT Ultima, agmatine dosed last night with my last meal (1gr):

    ..motherf#$(r!!.. I had a terrific workout! Legs day, took almost 30 minute LESS to finish my routine,
    energy was up to the roof, concentration and aggression 100%, added sets and reps and broke PR on hack squat!

    I'd say enough said.. but no, separation on quads today was insane, I could see striations everywhere on 'em, and on the sides
    of my legs, I always have veins - which were bigger and more and nicer somehow - (due to great workout I don't imagine last night agmatine did that but who knows), but this was different it was that grainy look.. Just awesome.

    F@ck Ultima seriously! wth?
    I didn't dose Agmatine prewo today because I wanted to monitor one thing at the time,
    now I can 100% say that agmatine wasn't the problem and I'm looking forward to use it and
    see what brings to the table.

    Thanks again Doc!
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  28. Gotta love candid non-pimping feedback!

    You're an extreme low carb guy. You think this might be relative? Just a guess as Ive seen some discussion of this stuff having blood sugar related attributes.

    EDIT-Im failed to read follow up posts. IGNORE please - thx

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Bulk from Bulkpowders, anything I got from them so far
    was very good quality and grade



    I don't know man, I know that 3 hours passed since I finished my wo and
    I'm lethargic as sh#t, I parked the car at home and *passed out* in it for like 15 minutes..

    WO was fine, but instead of helping me like I said, it felt like my body was fighting against it
    at which point if I don't feel ok I get pissed and go on out of rage
    I was able to carry on a good one anyway but the feeling was really ugly
    e c
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Gotta love candid non-pimping feedback!

    You're an extreme low carb guy. You think this might be relative? Just a guess as Ive seen some discussion of this stuff having blood sugar related attributes.

    EDIT-Im failed to read follow up posts. IGNORE please - thx



    e c
    Absolutely, no pimpin' here bro
    Hype-slayer manifesto ahah but Agmatine wasn't the cause indeed,
    I am 101% certain that it was Ultima, today I had proof of it.
    I'll dose agma tomorrow prewo too and see what happens
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  30. I'm interested in seeing if the pronounced pump effect is still present without a surplus of carbs in a diet like yours...

    Does anything give you a decent pump?
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  

  
 

Log in
Log in