TRT- IM or Subq

Davidelsons

Awards
New to TRT,and have been doing IM for last couple of weeks, today did the Subq. It went fine. No issues. just watched some vids on youtube. I did pinch some fat to inject.. I did .5 ml injection on both sides of navel. Didn't want to inject 1ml into one spot, but not sure if it matters...

Please share feedback ... pros, cons... Watched Dr. John Crisler vid on Youtube.. One benefit stated is higher efficacy, no muscle scaring over long term.... less estrogenic issues...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you’re injecting 1 ml total? 200 mg at one time?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I stopped going SubQ. It left nodules, boils who dissolved after a week.
I also switched from test/e to test/u, feeling way better and hardly need an AI on test/u.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100mg total. I didn't want to have one ml of oil going into one location not sure if that would be too much... so I split it.
You know, that is weird...

Normally 1ml holds 200-250mg of test.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100mg total. I didn't want to have one ml of oil going into one location not sure if that would be too much... so I split it.
That’s 100 mg per ? Week? Any AI? What bloodwork are you having done?

Anyway, there is a great FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. I suggest joining and learning.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love sub q... my libido seems to be much better on it, no nodules either.

Davidelsons

Awards
That’s 100 mg per ? Week? Any AI? What bloodwork are you having done?

Anyway, there is a great FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. I suggest joining and learning.
Monthly bloodwork. 100mg a week for now. No ai YET

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
I tried the Sub-Q thing and did it for about a year while there was a noticeable difference, it was just too much of a pain in the ass (or a pain in where ever I injected). Three shots per week as opposed to one per week or one every other week over months in years it adds up and gets to be annoying. Besides the difference wasn't that profound

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
as far as blood work I get the basic cholesterol, estrogen, estradiol, free and serum test, every other month, sometimes every 3 months

Every once in awhile I have to throw in an AI for a week, and nolvadex for a few days. I also use pregnenolone at 50 mg a day cycle for a month on and a month off. This was my doctor's idea not mine personally I think the pregnenolone might increase estrogen and be the reason why I occasionally need an AI & a SERM

Davidelsons

Awards
as far as blood work I get the basic cholesterol, estrogen, estradiol, free and serum test, every other month, sometimes every 3 months

Every once in awhile I have to throw in an AI for a week, and nolvadex for a few days. I also use pregnenolone at 50 mg a day cycle for a month on and a month off. This was my doctor's idea not mine personally I think the pregnenolone might increase estrogen and be the reason why I occasionally need an AI & a SERM
I have my first 30-day follow-up next week and we'll ask to increase my dosage to 1.5 MLs per week but he'll probably just let me go to 1 ml .. for blood work I will be following up with them every 30 days for a while..

What is your dosage? They started me at .5 ml 100 microgram every 7 days which isn't enough..

I did the Sub-Q yesterday per my post and today there's no issues or side effects at all..

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
I have my first 30-day follow-up next week and we'll ask to increase my dosage to 1.5 MLs per week but he'll probably just let me go to 1 ml .. for blood work I will be following up with them every 30 days for a while..

What is your dosage? They started me at .5 ml 100 microgram every 7 days which isn't enough..

I did the Sub-Q yesterday per my post and today there's no issues or side effects at all..
100 mcg. Of what? I only take Test cyp @ 100mg/ week, Arimidex @ 0.25mg 3x/ week (4 weeks on, 4 weeks off) & nolvdex as needed- 40 mg/day when I get itchy/puffy nips. Plus pregnenolone @ 50 mg/day, 30 days on, 30 off.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing sub-q the past couple weeks, and don't notice any difference from IM. however, I'm kinda of a chicken when it comes to administering shots, and the sub q are much easier for me to do.

I'll be getting bloodwork in a bit to see how it affects my levels...

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I tried the Sub-Q thing and did it for about a year while there was a noticeable difference, it was just too much of a pain in the ass (or a pain in where ever I injected). Three shots per week as opposed to one per week or one every other week over months in years it adds up and gets to be annoying. Besides the difference wasn't that profound
I'm confused about this.... I was under the impression that sub-q actually led to a slight slower release of testosterone vs IM, since it's in less vascular tissue.

I would assume that would allow for slightly less frequent injections...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New to TRT,and have been doing IM for last couple of weeks, today did the Subq. It went fine. No issues. just watched some vids on youtube. I did pinch some fat to inject.. I did .5 ml injection on both sides of navel. Didn't want to inject 1ml into one spot, but not sure if it matters...

Please share feedback ... pros, cons... Watched Dr. John Crisler vid on Youtube.. One benefit stated is higher efficacy, no muscle scaring over long term.... less estrogenic issues...
No more than 20-25 mgs at a time sub-q. Even that sometimes can leave welts. Theres a certain way to do sub-q.

I prefer sub-q trt because I feel overall better and testosterone levels more steady. Thats not to say i wont do an Im injection now and again , then wait a few days and go back to sub-q.

Davidelsons

Awards
No more than 20-25 mgs at a time sub-q. Even that sometimes can leave welts. Theres a certain way to do sub-q.

I prefer sub-q trt because I feel overall better and testosterone levels more steady. Thats not to say i wont do an Im injection now and again , then wait a few days and go back to sub-q.
Getting welts or other irritation seems common with Subq. I injected .75 ml's yesterday with no issue... but I can see the point and not doing more than.5 in any one location is wise....

I don't feel any different either way.

I've been tired a lot lately actually ...but that could also be the effect of lgd and mk-677 effect... some report that Sub-Q has less effect on estrogen levels...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Getting welts or other irritation seems common with Subq. I injected .75 ml's yesterday with no issue... but I can see the point and not doing more than.5 in any one location is wise....

I don't feel any different either way.

I've been tired a lot lately actually ...but that could also be the effect of lgd and mk-677 effect... some report that Sub-Q has less effect on estrogen levels...
Everyone is different. Ive had blood work on im and sub-q for total t. On IM by day 5 my test was 275 off of 150 if im not mistaken. On day day it was 240.

on sub-q at 10 mgs a day the day before and 20 mgs a day two days before test was 400. That is why I like every day sub-q. I think its good to experiment and see what you can learn about your body through blood work. estrogen was good on sub-q . Never had it tested on Im

Davidelsons

Awards
Everyone is different. Ive had blood work on im and sub-q for total t. On IM by day 5 my test was 275 off of 150 if im not mistaken. On day day it was 240.

on sub-q at 10 mgs a day the day before and 20 mgs a day two days before test was 400. That is why I like every day sub-q. I think its good to experiment and see what you can learn about your body through blood work. estrogen was good on sub-q . Never had it tested on Im
Do you Sub-Q everyday? As of the last week I'm doing two pins a week Sub-Q.... I paid for my own E2 test I'll get the results next week.

Do you consider your test number to be where you want them? 400 as opposed to 800?...

I'm picking up my 25 gauge Sub-Q needles today

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you Sub-Q everyday? As of the last week I'm doing two pins a week Sub-Q.... I paid for my own E2 test I'll get the results next week.

Do you consider your test number to be where you want them? 400 as opposed to 800?...

I'm picking up my 25 gauge Sub-Q needles today
Yes everyday when on sub-q trt. 20 mgs , or maybe somedays 10 mgs. Ive done it Im for a couple years with 1 inch x 25. I like the sub-q route better for trt.

That test I did was two days after 20 mgs and one day after 10 mgs, so I did not have a shot that day.

Davidelsons

Awards
My nipples/breast getting a little tender. Is a little tenderness normal..started for about a week..

E2 test just received 46.1... wow

And my doctor said he didn't want to see me for 3 months and he didn't want to test for this...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My nipples/breast getting a little tender. Is a little tenderness normal..started for about a week..

E2 test just received 46.1... wow

And my doctor said he didn't want to see me for 3 months and he didn't want to test for this...
Some nipple sensitivity is normal and should subside with time.

E2 is not super high.

Confused as to your protocol. Let’s talk mg of testosterone and not ml/cc.

If you need an AI then prescription for Anastrozole (Arimidex). Start with super low dose 0.125 mg every 3.5 days taken day after injection.

Davidelsons

Awards
Some nipple sensitivity is normal and should subside with time.

E2 is not super high.

Confused as to your protocol. Let’s talk mg of testosterone and not ml/cc.

If you need an AI then prescription for Anastrozole (Arimidex). Start with super low dose 0.125 mg every 3.5 days taken day after injection.
I take 150mg a week. I split into two pins at 75 each, every 3.5 days SubQ.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always use a serm like raloxifene for estrogen blocking in the breast tissue. I have a script for raloxifene . A serm is good for cholesterol. an ai reduces it. That's not to say an ai isn't beneficial

From my own research raloxifene increases bone mineral density, and that is a good reason why im taking it. Ive heard no other serm does. I can use all the assistance with my joints they can get. I think someone posted a study where it was questionable if clomid did or not?

Davidelsons

Awards
My Doc wont' prescribe any AI or anything else.... He did refer me to an endocrine... but that could be two months away to get in....

Just had another E2 test today that I paid for.. will post results ..takes about a week to get.. I'm thinking it will be lower as i'm using the Arimistain, and I've seen improvement with ED.... now im dosing test Cypionate at 200mg/ split 100 @ 2x a week. Subq......

Subq is better for E2 levels i've read???? other benefits??

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Doc wont' prescribe any AI or anything else.... He did refer me to an endocrine... but that could be two months away to get in....

Just had another E2 test today that I paid for.. will post results ..takes about a week to get.. I'm thinking it will be lower as i'm using the Arimistain, and I've seen improvement with ED.... now im dosing test Cypionate at 200mg/ split 100 @ 2x a week. Subq......

Subq is better for E2 levels i've read???? other benefits??
you get tired of iming you can do sub-q for a while.

you can see how you feel on it, and how your body responds.

Milspec01

Awards
What gauge for sub-q? I IM 1”, 25g for test C, but do a 31g, 5/8” sub-q daily for Sermorelin/GHRP-2. I think my doc recommends 27g, 1/2” for sub-q test...not sure the oil would work well in the 31g needles...for the Sermorelin, I’ve never had pain or issues from sub-q daily.

Davidelsons

Awards
What gauge for sub-q? I IM 1”, 25g for test C, but do a 31g, 5/8” sub-q daily for Sermorelin/GHRP-2. I think my doc recommends 27g, 1/2” for sub-q test...not sure the oil would work well in the 31g needles...for the Sermorelin, I’ve never had pain or issues from sub-q daily.
I use 25g... but now i hve insulin pins 29G. I can use cypionate...just takes awhile..

I just ordered Sermorelin blend with ghrp 2 & 6.....

And bpc 157 & tp500 for shoulder pain...

leosatriani

Awards
I’m using 26G pin subq but it takes awhile to complete it. I’ll try 25G and hope that’s better. 250mg TestE in one subq shot into belly fat. No issues to report but it’s early days still.

Davidelsons

Awards
Now that it's been a few months I have it down pat...

I use my drawing needle and syringe... many times over actually ..and use that to fill my new insulin needle....

I then inject with the insulin needle it's been great... the injection area is always sore for a few days when you do but my body's got more and more used to it.

Pigskinplayer

Pigskinplayer

Awards
I use 29G 1/2" .5ml insulin syringe and pin test cyp in quad. Pain free and convenient. I also backload them with a separate syringe. Tried just drawing from vial with slin pin but it dulls the needle and I felt it more during injection. Good luck. I just finished 3 months and trying to get my E2 under control. Was at 65 last lab.

Davidelsons

Awards
Arimidex works... I've gone as high as 500 test a week for 8 weeks... basically going from a trt to a beginner steroid cycle with no side effects at all. But I'm diligent about getting my blood work done every two or three months...

There's research that supports going as high as 800 a week week for clinicql benefits of testosterone. But blood work must be done to make sure levels are normal..

I do not have any increase in strength until I went above 300 a week....

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like glute injections. I tried subQ, had lumps from the oil before it can dissipate.

Davidelsons

Awards
Yes that is one issue with Sub-Q there's always going to be a lump sometimes it can be quite sore... but I like the idea that has a slower absorption... estrogen levels seem to be more stable..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes that is one issue with Sub-Q there's always going to be a lump sometimes it can be quite sore... but I like the idea that has a slower absorption... estrogen levels seem to be more stable..
sub-q needs to be 25 mgs or lower or it will cause lumps. Ive done 10 mgs nd 20 mgs. ive also done 50 mgs and got irritated skin

Ive tried prop and that irritates skin at any dose.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Same here. I use 25g to inject 100mg in gluten every 5 days. I alternate sides each time. Pretty easy. I used to do quad injects but I always seemed to hit a nerve and my whole leg would jump.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i do 80mg a week.. i stretch the skin when i inject..use a 5/8 inch needle..good to go