need some advice

Frosty1972

Awards
I am a 40+ guy that played sports to the collegiate level. I have never done a cycle. I am very active, but I have put on 25 extra lbs of fat in the last 3 years. I have low energy and joint pain due to the weight gain and years of physical activity. Everyone throws around the low T issues, but I think it might be my problem. I have 3 kids and I am hesitant to use a steroid. I have 15 and 12 yr old son's and a 10 yr old daughter and I'm worried about the transdermal contamination for my daughter and don't want my son's to get the wrong idea about using steroids. I want to bulk up some, lean out and feel better.
I rambled, but any suggestions on what to take, a supplement that promotes testosterone naturally or jump in with both feet and try a cycle. I have no idea what to take!

rixrix

Awards
So get tested. If you have good insurance, through a urologist, if not you can get it done for 50 or 60 bucks by prepaying over the internet. There are a lot of things that can cause those symptoms in middle age guys. Best way to go is a prescription plus if the problem is more serious you really want to know about it.

OTC supplement is in my opinion a bad choice. Most of the over the counter stuff is quite powerful but who really knows what is in it, plus it is basically designer steroids anyways. So why not get real legal steroids made by a pharmaceutical company.

. I say this as a middle age guy who takes legal testosterone. If they prescribe gel, mention your kid. If they stood complain, ask for an injection because it has a lower copay. Even if you pay out of pocket it is mot a killer for someone with a middle class job.

If you do cycle, that is a different topic and there are others who can help. But I can say from experience that 200mg a week of test plus solid weights will do wonders over time.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there are many things one can do to raise test a little naturally.. if you want to try something before going down the TRT road, look into tropinol and intimidate
by I force. now im not saying its going to be anything like 200 mgs of test injections.. but it might be just what u need to feel a little better and escape the whole steroid conversation for a while with your kids.. but lets be srs for a second... at those boys age they will be hearing about the grey market steroids in school because of the internet. so they may not be as shocked to hear dad is taking test as you might think.. in fact id wager that these days kids will know more about these things than we ever did .

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I rambled, but any suggestions on what to take, a supplement that promotes testosterone naturally or jump in with both feet and try a cycle. I have no idea what to take!
These are two opposite ends of the spectrum. You need to go see a doctor and get everything tested, and not just testosterone levels. Once you know if it is truly low test and not related to anything else, then you can determine the route to take. A cycle is not what you want and we all know that OTC test boosters are pretty useless. If it isn't low test, then some OTC items can definitely make you feel better and provide more energy.

Also, 200mg ew is the very high end of TRT and you'd want to start lower. 100mg split twice a week (50mg e3.5d) is common.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are two opposite ends of the spectrum. You need to go see a doctor and get everything tested, and not just testosterone levels. Once you know if it is truly low test and not related to anything else, then you can determine the route to take. A cycle is not what you want and we all know that OTC test boosters are pretty useless. If it isn't low test, then some OTC items can definitely make you feel better and provide more energy.

Also, 200mg ew is the very high end of TRT and you'd want to start lower. 100mg split twice a week (50mg e3.5d) is common.
Uh...otc is not useless but I second the doctor.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is why I said pretty useless.
First thing I would suggest is looking at his diet. If hes lacking the d...Vitamin d that is. He could be at risk for low t.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin D and some DAA and maybe CLA for a "natural" route...

I stopped all sauce as my wife wants another child....I'm 37 and there is a huge difference in no test and even just 200mg/ a week. Not sure what my levels are and aren't too worried....as soon as my husbandly duty is over its back to blasting lol

But go get tested and start from there!

Frosty1972

Awards
Thanks for the information. I will probably have the lab work done and go from there.

rixrix

Awards
Vitamin D and some DAA and maybe CLA for a "natural" route...

I stopped all sauce as my wife wants another child....I'm 37 and there is a huge difference in no test and even just 200mg/ a week. Not sure what my levels are and aren't too worried....as soon as my husbandly duty is over its back to blasting lol

But go get tested and start from there!
I am also 37 and just got my dose raised to 200 per week. I had legitimate low T caused by Crohn's disease. On 200, I do have sides but my mood is better. I may adjust down somewhat. But frankly, when I was on black market hcg I felt just as good. It's not just about the test. (And yes, I am done with kids and have a backup stash in self storage at the sperm bank just in case.)