Mind Steriods or Noots

Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last

  1. I felt the effects on the first day. Definitely keeps anxiety at bay.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I felt the effects on the first day. Definitely keeps anxiety at bay.
    Aniracetam seems to have some very positive feel-good effects. I sometimes feel almost an esctacy (mild but noticeable)feeling for several hours while using it. I've added a couple of other mellowing type noots, and I like it.

    And memory is great. Two weeks ago a couple of computers were accidentally shut down, and the person with the passwords was on vacation and couldn't be reached. I remembered the passwords that I had not seen for 3.5 years and restarted the computers. Dozens of things like that has happened to me the last few months since I have used aniracetam.

    My personal experiences with ani are quite good.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    Aniracetam seems to have some very positive feel-good effects. I sometimes feel almost an esctacy (mild but noticeable)feeling for several hours while using it. I've added a couple of other mellowing type noots, and I like it.

    And memory is great. Two weeks ago a couple of computers were accidentally shut down, and the person with the passwords was on vacation and couldn't be reached. I remembered the passwords that I had not seen for 3.5 years and restarted the computers. Dozens of things like that has happened to me the last few months since I have used aniracetam.

    My personal experiences with ani are quite good.
    I just picked up some Aniracetam, NAT, and Picamilon to add to my stack.
    •   
       


  4. I see some more e-tailers have started carrying noopept. Will have to try this eventually. Ani has been decent for me though nothing to write home about.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  5. What are these mellowing noops that's you talk of? I wouldn't mind trying them in the evening.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by leftside1 View Post
    What are these mellowing noots that's you talk of? I wouldn't mind trying them in the evening.
    I usually add magnesium L-threonate, and ashwagandha, but sometimes add bacopa as an alternative.

  7. That a great night time stack. I sleep like a dead man on it and wake up refreshed.

  8. Do you guys only take Magnesium Threonate at night?

  9. You can take it in the day as well. The Jarrow Formula's MagMind brand recommends one capsule in the AM and 2 in the PM, but it can be taken whenever realistically. 3 caps before bed is awesome for me.

  10. I recently added Bacopa to my Alpha-GPC and Ani stack with what could only be described as kick ass results. Ani and GPC have proven to be great for my mild anxiety and clears my mind to think in a more rational manner and collect thoughts. As I have mentioned in the past, for events that anxiety may be peaking, like speaking at conferences or similar, then 100mg of L-theanine is in order.

    This all being said- the bacopa has really been a great addition. The focus that it brings really plays along nicely with the others. The ani and GPC calm me down and let me collect thoughts, while the bacopa allows me to have great focus and analyze my surroundings and what is being said/relayed to me. I also notice an additional relaxing effect, but I haven't figured out if that is just a result of feeling very confident in my thoughts and communication, therefore creating a relaxing effect.

    No need to over analyze it, though. I like it and will be keeping it around.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You can take it in the day as well. The Jarrow Formula's MagMind brand recommends one capsule in the AM and 2 in the PM, but it can be taken whenever realistically. 3 caps before bed is awesome for me.
    Thanks, bioman. Jarrow's is the cheapest I have seen as well.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Do you guys only take Magnesium Threonate at night?
    I split the doses these days. I usually take one ani and two Magnesium Threonates about an hour before bed, then I meditate for about 45 minutes before sleeping. That helps me get past most of my sleeping issues 80% of the time. Upon awaking I will have a cup of coffee with light meal and take another ani with one Magnesium Threonate. The memory enhancing effects last all day anyhow with this program, and I usually awaken feeling better than good mentally.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    I split the doses these days. I usually take one ani and two Magnesium Threonates about an hour before bed, then I meditate for about 45 minutes before sleeping. That helps me get past most of my sleeping issues 80% of the time. Upon awaking I will have a cup of coffee with light meal and take another ani with one Magnesium Threonate. The memory enhancing effects last all day anyhow with this program, and I usually awaken feeling better than good mentally.
    Thanks, tuberman. I picked up some ani as well. Excited to get this going.

  14. joe rogan is always pushing alpha brain on his podcast. Anyone try that??

  15. Quote Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post
    joe rogan is always pushing alpha brain on his podcast. Anyone try that??
    Joe rogan is a man that would know his mind altering supps. It looks like a decent stack of the more popular nootropics on the market. But at 35 dollars for just 15 servings you are best served shopping for something else.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  16. What would the cheapest most bare bones stack be??

  17. IMO- Aniracetam, choline bitartrate (the minimum choline source, I think), and then another that compliments the stack. This is subjective to what you are looking for. I recently fell in love with bacopa, but used to really like huperzine a and also like Rhodiola most of the time. Some like ALCAR. Oh, and l-theanine- which has been proven in scientific studies to increase alpha brain waves.

    For me, all starts with a base of choline and aniracetam, and occasionally l-theanine- with bacopa now ready to christened as a regular. I personally like alpha-gpc for a choline source.

    You could do this for $30-45 a month.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post
    What would the cheapest most bare bones stack be??
    Just buy some focus xt and throw in some aniracetame if/when you feel like it.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  19. Just wish they made a caffeine free version. 200mg makes me jumpy and would negate the effects of the other valuable ingredients.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Just wish they made a caffeine free version. 200mg makes me jumpy and would negate the effects of the other valuable ingredients.
    They do.

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-servings.html
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  21. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    Just wish they made a caffeine free version. 200mg makes me jumpy and would negate the effects of the other valuable ingredients.
    Ummm....the do. Released it a month or so ago.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

  22. Cool, I may give it a shot. I wasn't aware.

  23. feel like my stack isnt doing much for me anymore

  24. what is your stack again?

  25. I've decided to add D-Serine to my stack to see if it does anything. I ordered today, and will get it next Tuesday or Wednesday. Also ordered some GPLC and L-Theanine Powder. The GPLC will be part of my pre-workout.

  26. Don't know why I mess with what I know works.

    I ran out of Alpha GPC and Ani about 3 weeks ago after poor management of amounts that I thought I had left. Well, life has been so good for so long with it, that I think I became numb to what it felt like not on it. So I didn't reorder and ordered Focus XT to try. Big mistake. About 3 days into being off Ani and taking Focus XT, I felt my anxiety starting to creep back. So, I cut the Focus out and it settled down, but I noticed that I was getting the butterflies before big meetings because my mind was jumbled and I was thinking of worse case scenarios. In short, it really sucked. I could pull through things, but not with comfort and ease in my mind.

    So, I reordered some Ani last week and it came on Monday. I started back on my 750 twice a day and by Tuesday, I literally felt a wave of relief. Here it is Thursday and I simply am at ease again. Clear thinking, rational thoughts, and focused in a relaxed way.

    I won't make this mistake a third time (I did this once before). There is no question in my mind that Ani is one of the best anti-anxiety supplements you can take. I would recommend it over anything else.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Don't know why I mess with what I know works.

    I ran out of Alpha GPC and Ani about 3 weeks ago after poor management of amounts that I thought I had left. Well, life has been so good for so long with it, that I think I became numb to what it felt like not on it. So I didn't reorder and ordered Focus XT to try. Big mistake. About 3 days into being off Ani and taking Focus XT, I felt my anxiety starting to creep back. So, I cut the Focus out and it settled down, but I noticed that I was getting the butterflies before big meetings because my mind was jumbled and I was thinking of worse case scenarios. In short, it really sucked. I could pull through things, but not with comfort and ease in my mind.

    So, I reordered some Ani last week and it came on Monday. I started back on my 750 twice a day and by Tuesday, I literally felt a wave of relief. Here it is Thursday and I simply am at ease again. Clear thinking, rational thoughts, and focused in a relaxed way.

    I won't make this mistake a third time (I did this once before). There is no question in my mind that Ani is one of the best anti-anxiety supplements you can take. I would recommend it over anything else.
    kisaj,

    In about 2 more weeks, I'll order another 3 months worth of aniracetam. I've used it for almost 7 months now, I believe. I gonna keep on keepin' on with it too.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    I'm in for the ride.

    My personal favorite and a staple of mine is Aniracetam. I have yet to find anything that works better for anxiety and public speaking. This stuff is simply amazing to me and 30 min after taking it, my head just clears up and words are so easy to find when talking. I can't imagine being without it.

    Piracetam- I hated it. I played with the doses and could never get it right. It made me tired, irritable, slow, and was bad for public speaking. Maybe it would be good for studying, where you don't have to interact with people, but it did not sit well with me. I tried adjusting choline levels too.

    Oxiracetam- I liked it, but was very similar to huperzine-a to me with the mental energy and if you take too much, the anxiety. It is good stuff, but expensive, when I could get huperzine for a 1/3 of the price and essentially have the same effects.

    I look forward to you review on noopept because there are mixed ones out there. That is part of the experimental part of noots- everyone reacts differently.
    Can you take these supplements if you're on an antidepressant?

  29. I'm not sure and I wouldn't want to guess, to be honest with you. I think that everyone may have different needs and something that is prescribed may be done so for a reason. For me, I am always looking for an edge and do have some mild anxiety, for which my stack works wonderfully.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Can you take these supplements if you're on an antidepressant?
    If you do take them with anti-depressants, I'd be cautious. SSRIs for example potentiate other actives, or make them stronger. Check on any other counteractions or interactions as well.

  31. glad I found this thread, ive recently been alternating noopept and Demurge thoughout the week not back to back and not stacked and not on weekends, sometimes 3 sometimes 4 days a week Id have this combo.

    today I added choline bitarate to help with memory etc.

    to be exact 10mg of Noopept 2000 mg of choline bit. 1.5 g capped of my Cit mal ( I have a pt test in 2 weeks and have been running after work) and 3 Ergoshred.

    I was dialed in and wired like a microwave, just flying through my negotiations course, felt great. by the end of class, massive headaches behind the eyes and even a bit of difficulty seeing in the dark while driving. I added another 1.5 of Bit and cit mal after class at 3pm to run for a bit headache is kind of still here.

    I know there is a **** ton of variables but can choline cause headaches? I have not had them prior to adding and all that I have read says choline could reduce
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    glad I found this thread, ive recently been alternating noopept and Demurge thoughout the week not back to back and not stacked and not on weekends, sometimes 3 sometimes 4 days a week Id have this combo.

    today I added choline bitarate to help with memory etc.

    to be exact 10mg of Noopept 2000 mg of choline bit. 1.5 g capped of my Cit mal ( I have a pt test in 2 weeks and have been running after work) and 3 Ergoshred.

    I was dialed in and wired like a microwave, just flying through my negotiations course, felt great. by the end of class, massive headaches behind the eyes and even a bit of difficulty seeing in the dark while driving. I added another 1.5 of Bit and cit mal after class at 3pm to run for a bit headache is kind of still here.

    I know there is a **** ton of variables but can choline cause headaches? I have not had them prior to adding and all that I have read says choline could reduce
    Yep, Choline can cause headaches, if you take a bit too much or if you take it with one of the several supplements that make choline last longer. Try cutting back on amount. I usually take 500-750mg of citicholine, and will get mild headaches at the 1 gram level.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    Yep, Choline can cause headaches, if you take a bit too much or if you take it with one of the several supplements that make choline last longer. Try cutting back on amount. I usually take 500-750mg of citicholine, and will get mild headaches at the 1 gram level.

    thank you, will do, i tell ya i was wired eyes wide open wired kind of good kind of not lol
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

  34. So can we safely say that Noopept combines all the positive effects of racetams into one supplement at a much smaller dose?

  35. No, because some people do not have positive reactions to Noopept, but they will with individual racetams.

  36. Eh, kinda sorta. Some people even question whether noopept is even a racetam. I'm not versed enough in chemical structure to say yeah or nay. The dosing is much smaller though. For me, the effects feel like an amped up phenylpiracetam with an edgy component.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Eh, kinda sorta. Some people even question whether noopept is even a racetam. I'm not versed enough in chemical structure to say yeah or nay. The dosing is much smaller though. For me, the effects feel like an amped up phenylpiracetam with an edgy component.
    What do you guys think about a Noopept and L-dopa stack. My reasoning behind combining the two is that Noopept is reportedly subtle in its effects. What this means to most people is that it works but they want a "high" to make it obvious that it is working. The L-dopa would provide that missing euphoria. Do you guys think this is safe? What about for the social drinker or smoker who already mess with the dopamine levels in their brain?

  38. I wouldn't bother with l-dopa as it's not the best thing for you. Try acetyl-l-tyrosine instead if you're looking to bump up dopamine safely. DLPA, with B6 and a gram of C is my preference. Definite mood lift. Also, I only take ALCAR or 500 mgs citicholine with my 10mg dose of noopept and never get a headache. Noopept is more of a peptide and combines well with aniracetam and an EFA. Try it and thank me later. :-)

  39. Quote Originally Posted by xsiv1 View Post
    I wouldn't bother with l-dopa as it's not the best thing for you. Try acetyl-l-tyrosine instead if you're looking to bump up dopamine safely. DLPA, with B6 and a gram of C is my preference. Definite mood lift. Also, I only take ALCAR or 500 mgs citicholine with my 10mg dose of noopept and never get a headache. Noopept is more of a peptide and combines well with aniracetam and an EFA. Try it and thank me later. :-)

    Whats are DLPA and EFA? I know about racetams but i havent ventured into any other noots, how much ani should I combine with the noopept? I thought about noopept and ani but I thought it would be overkill. I tried Pira for a few weeks and it didnt do much for me but give a weird tunnelvision for the first 45 minutes and lucid dreams.

  40. DLPA is DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA). Google it. It works good for a mood lift and chronic aches/pain. I take my aniracetam (200 cps of 750mg), with ALCAR in the morning and a couple hours later use Noopept with 250-500mgs of Alpha-GPC as my choline source. I try to limit my choline to that each day except what I'm getting in food as it tends to interfere with sleep for me if I take too much. You want to take just enough to not get a headache from the racetams but not that much where choline interferes with sleep and especially not more if it's the choline giving you the headache. But once you become more aware of what your brain can take, it's not a problem to combine 1500-1600mgs of Aniracetam with ALCAR or Alpha-GPC and 10mgs Noopept. I don't take any Nootropics beyond 2:30pm unless it's the weekend. I need to function at a higher level during work and the rest is my workout and family/friends.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. are these actually steriods?
    By getupforletdo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
  2. JW, Bam steriods?
    By keater824 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
  3. Steriods Changes the age you really are?
    By Changing in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Log in
Log in