Mind Steriods or Noots

Page 7 of 14 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. not sure if these are OTC SUPPLEMENTS or pharmeceutical drugs
    can someone please aware me?
    i have terrible life long anxiety and this sounds real interesting to me...

2. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Could be. I take my rhodiola and coQ10 first thing in the morning and then drop the kids at school and head to the gym. Then I take my Ani and choline at about 9:30-10. I am ready for the second dose around 3:30 and then feel myself wind down about 8. I have tried to take the noots earlier in the day and found myself getting lazy around 6pm. I do think there is a correlation and it might be a good experiment to try it at different times.
    today i have some stuff planned for before my workout so we will see after a couple weeks.

thx
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by clayface91
    not sure if these are OTC SUPPLEMENTS or pharmeceutical drugs
    can someone please aware me?
    i have terrible life long anxiety and this sounds real interesting to me...
    OTC. Used piracetam with decent results but wasnt enough for me. Google for more info.

4. Hi everyone! I've been lurking on the site for a while, but just joined tonight. I'd really like to chat with some experienced supplement guys, because I have Piracetam and Focus XT and tried to stack it for 4 days, but I must have been doing something VERY wrong. This was several weeks ago, and I haven't taken it since. I wanted to have time to come here first and get some advice. I was taking 1 scoop of Focus XT and 3 scoops of Piracetam 3x per day. I started to feel tired, and almost completely apart from myself. I was like a zombie. Saturday was my 4th day, my in-laws were in town, and everybody kept asking me what was wrong... I just wasn't myself. We ended up coming home from our day's activities early because I "didn't feel well" (I felt fine; I just wasn't myself and I just felt so dreamy and foggy). Upon coming home, I barely got my shoes off before curling up in bed (the middle of the day on a Saturday!) and sleeping for almost 6 hours straight. The sleep was very weird, I hallucinated or had very lifelike dreams, and when I finally woke up I was soaking wet with sweat. I had to wash the sheets, I had sweat so bad. It felt like nothing I've ever experienced before (I don't do any drugs, and only a social drinker) and it scared me, so I stopped taking the Piracetam and the Focus XT until I could figure out what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

5. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    OTC. Used piracetam with decent results but wasnt enough for me. Google for more info.
    on the fence about this too. hard to say if its doing anything. may as well finish off this jug and see if it gets any better.

tried out some Sulbutiamine (~300mg) last night with my a-tam of 750mg. I def felt something. Bit more focused, not that I was doing anything that needed the extra focus so next time will need to take before something like watching tv. lol. i read this stuff can become addictive and screw with ya if taken to often/much? i am just going to use this as needed when school starts. Try to have a good 3-4 days off it i guess for now.
    •   

6. Anybody have any experience with Adrafinil?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

7. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Also I still haven't tried taking 2 caps at once which is the suggested dosing. So I'm still not sure about the product.
    Any updates on this T-Bone? If you continued trying the product, mixed it up with a stimulant (Axon perhaps?), etc.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!

8. Quote Originally Posted by btm23 View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking on the site for a while, but just joined tonight. I'd really like to chat with some experienced supplement guys, because I have Piracetam and Focus XT and tried to stack it for 4 days, but I must have been doing something VERY wrong. This was several weeks ago, and I haven't taken it since. I wanted to have time to come here first and get some advice. I was taking 1 scoop of Focus XT and 3 scoops of Piracetam 3x per day. I started to feel tired, and almost completely apart from myself. I was like a zombie. Saturday was my 4th day, my in-laws were in town, and everybody kept asking me what was wrong... I just wasn't myself. We ended up coming home from our day's activities early because I "didn't feel well" (I felt fine; I just wasn't myself and I just felt so dreamy and foggy). Upon coming home, I barely got my shoes off before curling up in bed (the middle of the day on a Saturday!) and sleeping for almost 6 hours straight. The sleep was very weird, I hallucinated or had very lifelike dreams, and when I finally woke up I was soaking wet with sweat. I had to wash the sheets, I had sweat so bad. It felt like nothing I've ever experienced before (I don't do any drugs, and only a social drinker) and it scared me, so I stopped taking the Piracetam and the Focus XT until I could figure out what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    btm,

Piracetam effects some people the way it seems to effect you. Tiredness is not unusual. I get a very mild positive effect from pira, so it's just an add-on noot for me when I use it at all. Just try other noots one at a time to see what has positive effects for you. I haven't tried Focus XT.

9. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Anybody have any experience with Adrafinil?
    Have you any experience? When lurking on Longecity and other forums such as BrainMeta, it seems like most people were looking to minimize the use of these keep awake drugs such as Modafinil and Adrifinil and replace them with other supplements for mental sharpness. But I'd be interested in anyone's direct experience.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    Have you any experience? When lurking on Longecity and other forums such as BrainMeta, it seems like most people were looking to minimize the use of these keep awake drugs such as Modafinil and Adrifinil and replace them with other supplements for mental sharpness. But I'd be interested in anyone's direct experience.
    Nope, just asking for any feedback as I'm going to try either Adrifinil or Modafinil ( more then likely Modafinil ) in the near future. Adrifinil is pretty easy to source and isn't regulated by the FDA so it's legal. Figured I would ask. The safety aspect of them seem to be close to what we are already supplementing with via racetams and the like (from what little reading I have been doing on them). The approved use of Provigil for US fighter pilots really made me curious.

11. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Nope, just asking for any feedback as I'm going to try either Adrifinil or Modafinil ( more then likely Modafinil ) in the near future. Adrifinil is pretty easy to source and isn't regulated by the FDA so it's legal. Figured I would ask. The safety aspect of them seem to be close to what we are already supplementing with via racetams and the like (from what little reading I have been doing on them). The approved use of Provigil for US fighter pilots really made me curious.
    I'll probably look deeper into these on my own as I am curious.

12. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman

btm,

Piracetam effects some people the way it seems to effect you. Tiredness is not unusual. I get a very mild positive effect from pira, so it's just an add-on noot for me when I use it at all. Just try other noots one at a time to see what has positive effects for you. I haven't tried Focus XT.
    Thanks for the tip! I wish there was a way to sample or test this stuff before buying. That was $85 worth of powder that I won't be using now... :/

13. Modafinil didn't work for me personally. I gave it a trial run. Stablon was definitely the best noot out there for me, and I've tried most of them from Cognitive Nutrition.

Stablon + dl-phenylalanine + some PEA, worked wonders for me in the past. I'm pretty sure that's a sign that my dopamine was fairly depleted though.

14. im still playing with my stack but atm my base stack is P-tam, a-tam and some choline. Gawd I cant spell this stuff and should prob make a cheat sheet! ive also added alcar to my ala. Going to see if this will be part of my core.

I have focus xt ive been messing with but if i take it i reduce the choline dose i take in bulk.

when school starts i will prob be dosing my main stack at about 7am and then again around 5pm. Get me some before work and before school/study sessions.

Should i cycle off any of the tams now and then? im doing ~2.25g p-tam, either 750mg or 1.5g of a-tam and ~750mg of choline with 500-1g of alcar and only taking 600mg of ala all normally twice per day.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Modafinil didn't work for me personally. I gave it a trial run. Stablon was definitely the best noot out there for me, and I've tried most of them from Cognitive Nutrition.

Stablon + dl-phenylalanine + some PEA, worked wonders for me in the past. I'm pretty sure that's a sign that my dopamine was fairly depleted though.
    Did you ever try Armodafinil (Nuvigil)?

16. No, can't say I have

17. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    No, can't say I have
    Armodafinil contains 100% of the active isomer, were as modafinil is a mixture. Seems people respond to it better.

18. Opinions on D-Serine?

Looking to put a stack together for some entrace exam studies and found interest in this. Looks to be about ~30 for 90g from PA's company (if I remember weight right), and same cost for 100g from a smart supplier in bulk.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

19. Looks pretty interesting. Seems like it's a relatively new find as well

20. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Opinions on D-Serine?

Looking to put a stack together for some entrace exam studies and found interest in this. Looks to be about ~30 for 90g from PA's company (if I remember weight right), and same cost for 100g from a smart supplier in bulk.
    What is the suggested doses on D-Seine? I may pick some up as I will order some noots soon.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Looks pretty interesting. Seems like it's a relatively new find as well
    GP,

I tried Stablon at 2 - 3x a day for 5 days and did not feel anything positive. May try it again at 3 tabs at a time in the future as I have plenty left.

22. Give it a shot at 5-6 tabs per day for a couple weeks straight and see how it is. I don't think 5 days is long enough of a trial. I may pick some up again soon

23. Added 450 mg of pramiracetam to my aniracetam + CDP choline stack. Really positive right off the bat..great mood, focus, thought process, mental energy, but it all sort of petered out towards the afternoon and my mood went down a bit, got tired, took a nap, and called my mommy. Just kidding on the last part.

Has good potential for me, but need to work out the dose and dosing schedule. On the whole, Ani + CDP choline is treating me very well and I may just stick with the combo. Being a daredevil supplementarian, Im always trying to make great even better but experience has taught me to not let curiosity get out of control.

EDIT: May have spoken too soon on the addition of the Prami. Major insomnia last night so I have foregone taking it again today. Will try it another time, perhaps at a lower dose. No other negative sides though.

24. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    What is the suggested doses on D-Seine? I may pick some up as I will order some noots soon.
    I think Pat recommends 3g/day.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

25. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I think Pat recommends 3g/day.
    Bump on D-Serine.

For those who know a little bit about its MOA, could you enlighten me while I do a bit of research on it?

26. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Bump on D-Serine.

For those who know a little bit about its MOA, could you enlighten me while I do a bit of research on it?
    There is a thread on prohormoneforum by HenryV. HenryV is a rep for Pat, but also writes really informative articles, so it should be a good start for you. Ill give him a heads up in case he wants to pop in over here.

I am going to be playing with different nootropics and the like. Have focus XT on the way, once out of PCT will add in androdrive. Then looking into d-Serine and nootropics.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

27. Seems like it might have glycine-like effects, but I'd be curious to experiment with it.

28. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Bump on D-Serine.

It's a full agonist of the glycine binding site of the NR1 subunit of the NMDA receptor. It's been shown to improve LTP, and also has implications for things like schizophrenia and depression (though obviously we are making no drug claims for our product).

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    There is a thread on prohormoneforum by HenryV. HenryV is a rep for Pat, but also writes really informative articles, so it should be a good start for you. Ill give him a heads up in case he wants to pop in over here.
    I'm working up an article on the NMDA receptor and d-serine but it's unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Seems like it might have glycine-like effects, but I'd be curious to experiment with it.
    ^

29. Got school tomorrow night so heres to hoping my stack works! lol.

Saving a dose of aniracetam for an hour before too. Is aniracetam like the other tams where it gets better of time? I dont know about the newer tam(s). Ill have this with a 1/2 scoop of focus XT and save another 1/2 scoop on reserve for later in night. The class runs 6pm-10:30pm and is an intro to chemistry. argh, going back to school. hehe.

instead of dosing my 2nd 1/2 of my noot stack at noon i will be pushing it out to a mid afternoon, closer to when school starts. makes sense to me.

30. I'm not sure that taking ani before bed is going to do anything other than deplete your supply faster. It's best to take in the morning and then again in the afternoon. If you are like most responders to ani, you'll feel a bit of mental energy for 3-5 hours with a gradual taper off over the next few. There is no crash, but you do know when you are on it.

It does build in your system, but at about 1-2 weeks, it is maxed and won't continue to go higher. Myself and several others noticed it in 2-3 days.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. are these actually steriods?
    By getupforletdo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
  2. JW, Bam steriods?
    By keater824 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
  3. Steriods Changes the age you really are?
    By Changing in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 08:59 PM