Mind Steriods or Noots

Page 5 of 16 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I truly feel like Ani can be a life changing supplement for people that suffer minor to medium GAD or social anxiety. I have no problem in social situations, but this has absolutely improved my career.
    Nearly everyone has some degree of GAD or other fears of performance before a group. I found a book called "Nerve" that deals with Group Speaking, athletic performance, music performance, other social anxieties, and even how cops and military people perform under literal fire. Somewhere in the book it says that speaking before groups is a major problem for people, and about 40% of the people are phobic or near phobic when it comes to group speaking. That compares to a phobic fear of heights being number two at 23%. If various OCD rituals help you to cope and actually do a reasonable job in those areas then you would not even qualify for the 40% of phobic or near phobics. Ha, you are merely normal.

    I have very little social anxiety, in the sense that I don't notice it, although I may double check too often to see if I'm really ready. Yet when I take ani I feel even smoother and more in sink and flow with speaking and other social situations. What's amusing are the number of star athletes who are conscious of their performance rituals and how OCD they are. They don't care as it helps them cope and still perform well. Even more to the point are people in music, as they can't get away with rituals like athletes. They can but it makes their music more mechanical sounding and "too perfect." The best music people achieve a Zen mindfulness where they get past worrying about themselves or perfect music, it becomes about the emotions and feeling instilled by the music and not about them.


    ---------------------
    BTW, kisaj, I watched the movie "Limitless" -- fun movie, and will probably watch it again tomorrow before returning it.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I truly feel like Ani can be a life changing supplement for people that suffer minor to medium GAD or social anxiety. I have no problem in social situations, but this has absolutely improved my career.
    Interesting and may drive me to resume using Ani.
    I have social anxiety pretty bad. I took Dale Carnegie's Public Speaking class a few years ago (Ok.. 15 years ago) but still get knees knocking when I have to get up in front of even a small crowd.
    What are the implications of taking Ani and Noopept together??

    Today I may have stumbled on something. I woke feeling like crap. 6 hours sleep, body aches and headache (DAA always gives me a headache). I thought it would be a wasted day. Had my normal 2 shots of espresso, oatmeal and toast. Was going to skip taking any noots or supplements but said what the heck so took 30mg Noopept, 500mg CDP, 1g DAA and my normal vitamins. About 30 minutes later I felt pretty good so decided to try and up the feeling with some sort of stimulant. I settled on Jack3d. Took one scoop with some BCAA powder. For the past two hours I've been going non-stop. Drastic change from how I felt upon waking.

    Study memory has improved a lot. It's not "photographic" as I still have to go over material a decent amount of times according to the amount and difficulty of material, but the sharpness of recall has improved. This is with aniracetam or Noopept, as they both work well for study memory recall. There is more focus and drive with Noopept, but not the intensity of AndroDrive and it is different than AD in a way that I haven't been able to qualify yet.
    I have noticed the same thing Tuberman. My short term memory is still not that great but my medium and long term seems much improved. Having some great dreams also.

    Interesting.
    •   
       


  3. How would a small tab of ativan work for public speaking? I also have some troubles when speaking in front of large groups, especially global webcasts with people I am not familiar with.

  4. GP,

    I doubt if anyone here has tried ativan, but it's a strong anti-anxiety drug and could work for you, also beta blockers to stop adrenaline are known to work for some. But I'm not advising, as I do not know.

    I received 4 days of overtime the last 3 weeks and this will give me close to $1000 extra in cash so I ordered some Stablon (6 bottles x 60) to check it out. It should get here in less than a month.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    I will say that if you don't mind taking mild steroids, AndroDrive at 3-4 caps per day, once after you wake up will allow you to pick up new analytic skills much quicker and with less stress, and you will feel it kick in when it starts to help. At 3 caps a day you get through one bottle in 8 weeks and that is plenty for me to feel strong effects. Eight weeks is usually enough time to bring you up to snuff with new tech stuff. I'm just interested in more things than techie info as that has lost its "magic" for me.
    I decided to step up to the prohormone plate and order Androdrive since I have job interviews and lots of things to review and organize. Just one question --- what do you take as a PCT ?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jkshnanamnds View Post
    I decided to step up the the prohormone plate and order Androdrive since I have job interviews and lots of things to review and organize. Just one question --- what do you take as a PCT ?
    For AndroDrive, almost nothing at 3-4 caps per day. Some people get high blood pressure, so look up some natural BP reducing supps. My boys got bigger while on it. But I did take some natural supps that tend to act like a HCG. I used Toco-8 (tocotrienol), ZMA, selenium, coconut oil, and a couple of other natural supps that keep things in order without drugs. You could likely do 12 solid weeks on AD using these naturals as a HCG Oh yeah, I did take Titanium XL and a decent dose of Long jack 100 for 5 weeks after. Not only did I have no problems, I felt great both during and after.

    ----------------------------------

    AndroDrive has almost no health issues and does not effect the liver or kidneys, nor does it send your cholesterol out of whack.Some BP increases, and a few get some estrogen (but far less than even BP issues), so an anti-E may be a good idea for after use. The shut down issue is what most worry about with a mild steroids of this kind, and even that is minor compared to harsh steroids -- coconut oil and some tocotrienols should stop any shut down, and take the AD all at once, once a day.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    For AndroDrive, almost nothing at 3-4 caps per day. Some people get high blood pressure, so look up some natural BP reducing supps. My boys got bigger while on it. But I did take some natural supps that tend to act like a HCG. I used Toco-8 (tocotrienol), ZMA, selenium, coconut oil, and a couple of other natural supps that keep things in order without drugs. You could likely do 12 solid weeks on AD using these naturals as a HCG Oh yeah, I did take Titanium XL and a decent dose of Long jack 100 for 5 weeks after. Not only did I have no problems, I felt great both during and after.

    ----------------------------------

    AndroDrive has almost no health issues and does not effect the liver or kidneys, nor does it send your cholesterol out of whack.Some BP increases, and a few get some estrogen (but far less than even BP issues), so an anti-E may be a good idea for after use. The shut down issue is what most worry about with a mild steroids of this kind, and even that is minor compared to harsh steroids -- coconut oil and some tocotrienols should stop any shut down, and take the AD all at once, once a day.
    I just started 3 pills per day of AD. The first day I was grouchy because I started AD the day after my once a week dose of Phenibut ( 1.5 g ). I love Phenibut but I limit myself to every 4 or 5 days. The mild euphoria and mental clarity and good sleep and wakefullness the next day I love. The only problem is Phenibut is addictive and seems to make me irritable the next afternoon when it wears off. Adding 3 pills of AD on a day after Phenibut just just set me up for a lot of negative emotions and I was starting to think AD would be a bust for me.

    The second day of AD couldn't have been more of a pleasant surprise. It was like sunshine slowly burning the morning fog in my head. As the day progressed I felt more and more focused, serene, mindful, attentive just about everything I had been hoping for. At first I thought it would work more like a pep pill and give my body energy and get all hyped up to clean and do chores but there are loads of pep supps for that.

    Finding a nootropic sweet spot supp has been a challenge. Piracetam, Sulbutiam, Noopept, Aniracetam have been disappointments. I spend the $90 for a box of those yellow AD pills and I'm already sold. I picked up the Wall Street Journal and was able drill into each article without getting mentally fatigued or info-overloaded. I listened to very dense, analytical music CD discussing the hundreds of motifs in Wagner's Ring Cycle that is fascinating but again usually too much information to absorb. This time I was able to stay with it and listened to dozens and dozens of examples of motivic development without getting that lost feeling.

    3 pills of AD work pretty well. After I adjust to the dose I may try more pills per day. It's not a cheap product but worth it for what I want.

    By the way you mentioned using Longjack 100. I've wondered about the Tongkat Ali in it. I take it that you think it's an effective ingredient. I've research the Tongkat Ali somewhat but was never sure if it really works -- there's so many conflicting reports. I'm pretty much sold on trying it eventually, the adventure with AD is working so well.

    Thanks kindly !!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jkshnanamnds View Post
    I just started 3 pills per day of AD. The first day I was grouchy because I started AD the day after my once a week dose of Phenibut ( 1.5 g ). I love Phenibut but I limit myself to every 4 or 5 days. The mild euphoria and mental clarity and good sleep and wakefullness the next day I love. The only problem is Phenibut is addictive and seems to make me irritable the next afternoon when it wears off. Adding 3 pills of AD on a day after Phenibut just just set me up for a lot of negative emotions and I was starting to think AD would be a bust for me.

    The second day of AD couldn't have been more of a pleasant surprise. It was like sunshine slowly burning the morning fog in my head. As the day progressed I felt more and more focused, serene, mindful, attentive just about everything I had been hoping for. At first I thought it would work more like a pep pill and give my body energy and get all hyped up to clean and do chores but there are loads of pep supps for that.

    Finding a nootropic sweet spot supp has been a challenge. Piracetam, Sulbutiam, Noopept, Aniracetam have been disappointments. I spend the $90 for a box of those yellow AD pills and I'm already sold. I picked up the Wall Street Journal and was able drill into each article without getting mentally fatigued or info-overloaded. I listened to very dense, analytical music CD discussing the hundreds of motifs in Wagner's Ring Cycle that is fascinating but again usually too much information to absorb. This time I was able to stay with it and listened to dozens and dozens of examples of motivic development without getting that lost feeling.

    3 pills of AD work pretty well. After I adjust to the dose I may try more pills per day. It's not a cheap product but worth it for what I want.

    By the way you mentioned using Longjack 100. I've wondered about the Tongkat Ali in it. I take it that you think it's an effective ingredient. I've research the Tongkat Ali somewhat but was never sure if it really works -- there's so many conflicting reports. I'm pretty much sold on trying it eventually, the adventure with AD is working so well.

    Thanks kindly !!
    You could try just upping the pregnenolone along with the 3 caps of AD, as preg is what has most of the noot power in the AD formula. Yet some DHEA is important too. Try taking a 25 mg cap of preg along with the 3 caps of AD to see if you get a stronger effect, and this should work. PP uses a grapefruit concentrate in their formula to strengthen the DHEA/Preg effects, but this also strengthens the effects of many drugs including caffeine to mild degree. You could even add another 4 ounces of grapefruit juice to the mix.

    You get several weeks of ability to concentrate and focus much stronger than usual with AD, but not to the degree of an amphetamine like the ADD type stuff so prevalent on campus today, but close enough. On the Ritalin stuff you get short term study concentration, with frequent crashes and a heavy burn out effect. With AD you can go for weeks and most of the effects are positive, and if you take it correctly it doesn't deprive you of sleep or burn you out.

    I found a place that sold LJ 100 in bulk as you need a lot to make it into a legit test booster, and I took it along with Titanium XL as this already is a decent test booster. I don't really think these are necessary, but it made a nice ending for the cycle.

    Still you probably should not go more than 10-12 weeks without taking about 1.5 to 2 X that period away after, as you can't keep at it forever. AD makes a decent recomp steroid as well, you can gain a little muscle and much strength while actually leaning out some -- just some small extras.

    I considered trying this the next time with the extra pregnenolone and maybe some Mucuna with a strong concentration of L-Dopa in it to see if I could get amphetamine quality concentration without the physical and mental price tag. I'm not advising anyone else to do this as I don't know what the combination effects would be like yet, and I will do some checking before trying mucuna with AD myself. This could need caution.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    You could try just upping the pregnenolone along with the 3 caps of AD, as preg is what has most of the noot power in the AD formula. Yet some DHEA is important too. Try taking a 25 mg cap of preg along with the 3 caps of AD to see if you get a stronger effect, and this should work. PP uses a grapefruit concentrate in their formula to strengthen the DHEA/Preg effects, but this also strengthens the effects of many drugs including caffeine to mild degree. You could even add another 4 ounces of grapefruit juice to the mix.

    You get several weeks of ability to concentrate and focus much stronger than usual with AD, but not to the degree of an amphetamine like the ADD type stuff so prevalent on campus today, but close enough. On the Ritalin stuff you get short term study concentration, with frequent crashes and a heavy burn out effect. With AD you can go for weeks and most of the effects are positive, and if you take it correctly it doesn't deprive you of sleep or burn you out.

    I found a place that sold LJ 100 in bulk as you need a lot to make it into a legit test booster, and I took it along with Titanium XL as this already is a decent test booster. I don't really think these are necessary, but it made a nice ending for the cycle.

    Still you probably should not go more than 10-12 weeks without taking about 1.5 to 2 X that period away after, as you can't keep at it forever. AD makes a decent recomp steroid as well, you can gain a little muscle and much strength while actually leaning out some -- just some small extras.

    I considered trying this the next time with the extra pregnenolone and maybe some Mucuna with a strong concentration of L-Dopa in it to see if I could get amphetamine quality concentration without the physical and mental price tag. I'm not advising anyone else to do this as I don't know what the combination effects would be like yet, and I will do some checking before trying mucuna with AD myself. This could need caution.
    After a week of AD I getting a sense of what it can do for me. On the 5th day I experimented with 4 pills instead of 3 which was quite a buzz. In fact I took the 6th day off ( a Sunday ) just to give my brain a rest, and I'm STILL feeling the effects of AD in a positive way. I did have quite a sleep last night ( 10 hours - stressful week with job interviews ). But I'm enjoying a very relaxed, placid but mindful state today. My cardio workout ( a mile of interval lap swimming ) was incredible and I don't have any post workout fatigue. This is good because usually if I try to fit a workout during my lunch hour I come back to work feeling a lot slower and start caring less about my work, especially after a eating a quick filling lunch.

    One thing I am getting is a slight headache, although it's a little different than regular headaches, more in the frontal cortex area. The headache doesn't impair my ability to function as much as a regular headache. I'm going to try reading up on reported headaches at the PP forum. I only got this headache after increasing my AD dosage to 4 pills. At this point I cannot imagine using 6 a day.

    I'm going try your recommended 3 pills of AD with the 25 mg pregnenolone instead of 4 pills of AD and monitor the difference.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jkshnanamnds View Post
    After a week of AD I getting a sense of what it can do for me. On the 5th day I experimented with 4 pills instead of 3 which was quite a buzz. In fact I took the 6th day off ( a Sunday ) just to give my brain a rest, and I'm STILL feeling the effects of AD in a positive way. I did have quite a sleep last night ( 10 hours - stressful week with job interviews ). But I'm enjoying a very relaxed, placid but mindful state today. My cardio workout ( a mile of interval lap swimming ) was incredible and I don't have any post workout fatigue. This is good because usually if I try to fit a workout during my lunch hour I come back to work feeling a lot slower and start caring less about my work, especially after a eating a quick filling lunch.

    One thing I am getting is a slight headache, although it's a little different than regular headaches, more in the frontal cortex area. The headache doesn't impair my ability to function as much as a regular headache. I'm going to try reading up on reported headaches at the PP forum. I only got this headache after increasing my AD dosage to 4 pills. At this point I cannot imaging using 6 a day.

    I'm going try your recommended 3 pills of AD with the 25 mg pregnenolone instead of 4 pills of AD and monitor the difference.
    Check BP as it could be that. There are various anti high blood pressure supps that do work well if this is the case. When I do my next AD cycle it will probably be when I need to update skills for job, but I will probably try adding extra preg and/or l-Tyrosine and mucuna (I'll keep the L-Dopa stuff at a fairly low dose though).

    There are also some health/bodybuilding type supps that add huge noot abilities to things like AD, but I may carefully test them on myself before posting on here. Amazingly, some of these health supps when added to AD or even some racetams can be a little strange if you over do them. People have suggested a manic effect if overdone. If taken at a decent level they can potentate some of noots tremendously.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
    Thanks for this. I may try an 8 week cycle of AndroDrive as I am learning Objective-C and iOS programming while pounding the weights. I am an old-grey-beard and keeping up with the changes in technology is getting difficult. This is the kind of thing that came easy when I was younger.

    I am a former sys admin and now self-employed. There is less stress now than there was while being on-call 24hrs a day. Don't miss that at all.
    Same here. After years of stressed out tech support which meant no breaks, working through lunches, staying hours late and weekends ( saturday and sunday ) I cashed out my retirement and live on a limited income and just take contract jobs doing work I love.

    I get the free time for my own interests but sometimes I'm living on a shoe string. It's feast or famine with contract work.

    I just ran a week of AD. I didn't take any today ( sunday ) and I'm still feeling mentally buzzed from the AD. 3 pills is the limit for me. I tried upping to 4 pills ( up from 3 a day ) and it was too much although I've had a very pleasant Sunday with my frontal cortex still feeling like cylinders are firing and ( I hope ) I'm getting the benefit of neural growth and repair.

    Other posts about AD have mentioned that they felt benefits from AD weeks after ending an 8 week run. So far AD is the best working noot I've tried. 6 months of Piracetam ( it worked at first ), Sulbutiame, Aniracetam ( they kind of worked in suble ways, some of the time ). I ordered Noopept but I only used it a couple of times.

    AD is kind of expensive but if it continues to give me prolonged mental energy ( I don't tire out at the end of the day anymore ) I would say AD is worth it, especially since I do technical development and consulting which requires hours of study, discussion board posting and reading, white papers, tech manuals to ready, analysis and of course lots of coding and debugging and documentation and email/phone support.

    If AD continues to work for me the way this first week has it would make me feel young again and have the energy to go to night school after a day of work. You probably know that feeling - once middle age hits a days work leaves you too tired out and you just want to go home and watch tv.

  12. Looking into LTP or long-term potentiation. There is a text book on Amazon that use to cost a lot but can be bought for less tan $2 new currently. It comes at neuroplasticity from multiple areas of the brain.

    I'm doing what's called a Klondike Roving process where you wander around in vast territories looking for gold nuggets of info. With this process, one has some idea of what patches of territory are likely to be worthwhile, but you do not want to let hidden assumptions get in the way of the search either, so part of the "search" is to constantly review one's possible hidden assumptions to expose them and transcend them.

    On the other hand if you realize an assumption is just a working model or theory than it's is just a working model that one is using for practical reasons in the present until you find a better model (if you can). I usually take my working models with an attitude that they can change with more or better information.

  13. Appreciate everyone who has shared their experience with AndroDrive.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  14. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Appreciate everyone who has shared their experience with AndroDrive.
    I'm still feeling the effects of my first week of 3 pills a day AD. This is my second day off the stuff. I can still feel the time release aspect of AD. This is my first pro-hormanal supp. The closest herbal like supp I've used is HGH Complete which I loved but AD is stronger.

    Interestingly, HGH Complete tells its customers to use it on a 5 day on, 2 day off cycle.

    The other think I have to add about AD is that, if I'm not mistaken, the AD is potentiating other noots and supps that I've taken in the past with disappointing results. I'm getting a better response to Piracetam, GABA and Ribose since I started AD. Ribose in particular was a disappointment since so many reviews raved about great pep and energy from it. With me Ribose was a big zero as far as energy or anything else.

    I feel like I can keep going and going, even in the evening, when my energy really starts to flag. My metabolism has changed too, food just seems to burn off quicker and I'm getting firmer and less flabby.

    I'm pretty pleased to see these kinds of results after a week. I hope to continue to get benefits from the AD. I wasn't planning to make this into a supplement log but that's the way it's turning out, plus I feel more motivated to post results and get feedback from others who have used AD. Some posters have said the benefits start to diminish after the first few weeks, others say they got good results all the way through their eight week cycle and even during PCT.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jkshnanamnds View Post
    I'm still feeling the effects of my first week of 3 pills a day AD. This is my second day off the stuff. I can still feel the time release aspect of AD. This is my first pro-hormanal supp. The closest herbal like supp I've used is HGH Complete which I loved but AD is stronger.

    Interestingly, HGH Complete tells its customers to use it on a 5 day on, 2 day off cycle.

    The other think I have to add about AD is that, if I'm not mistaken, the AD is potentiating other noots and supps I've taken in the past with disappointing results. I'm getting a better response to Piracetam, GABA and Ribose. Ribose in particular was a disappointment since so many reviews raved about great pep and energy from it. With me Ribose was a big zero as far as energy or anything else.

    I feel like I can keep going and going, even in the evening, when my energy really starts to flag. My metabolism has changed too, food just seems to burn off quicker and I'm getting firmer and less flabby.

    I'm pretty pleased to see these kinds of results after a week. I hope to continue to get benefits from the AD. I know in the weeks to come. I wasn't planning to make this into a supplement log but that's the way it's turning out, plus I feel more motivated to post results and get feedback from others who have used AD. Some posters have said the benefits start to diminish after the first few weeks, others say they got good results all the way through their eight week cycle and even during PCT.
    For the effects of other noots being increased, this is quite possible. If enzymes that are inhibited by AD's grapefruit juice are part of the metabolism of those compounds, they would be more effective in the body. Unfortunately, many of these compounds do not have ALOT of research in scientific literature, so I am not sure how grapefruit may interact with them, or to what percent.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  16. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    I received 4 days of overtime the last 3 weeks and this will give me close to $1000 extra in cash so I ordered some Stablon (6 bottles x 60) to check it out. It should get here in less than a month.

    Interested in hearing your feedback. I personally had the best results with 4-5 tabs per day. Keep in mind it's something that needs to be taken every 3-4 hours or so I think - I can't remember the time, but it's normal dose is split over ~3 dosages per day to be effective. I would normally dose something like 2-2-1.

  17. Guys,if piracetam does not work,what other racetam i need to try.I have tried from doses as low as 400 mg to as high as 5gm.However,today i added Lecithin(with 3gm piracetam) and noticed an increase in energy but no concentration boost.I want to increase my short term memory for aptitute test.

    Here is my current stack

    Piracetam twice a day(still experimenting with doses)
    Lecithin 1 table spoon 7.5 gm
    Alcar 750mg twice a day

  18. Piracetam was terrible for me. Tired, foggy, irritable, etc. Aniracetam is my go to. My power stack is:

    Aniracetam 750mg twice a day
    Alpha GPC 300mg twice a day
    Gaia Thyroid support twice a day (LOVE ashwaganda). This replaced rhodiola for me as I found the ashwagandha to be superior to the rhodiola for energy and stress relief.
    Alcar 500mg twice a day

    If I have to speak in front of a large group, like I had 80 people the other day- I take 100-200mg of l-theanine and life is good.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Interested in hearing your feedback. I personally had the best results with 4-5 tabs per day. Keep in mind it's something that needs to be taken every 3-4 hours or so I think - I can't remember the time, but it's normal dose is split over ~3 dosages per day to be effective. I would normally dose something like 2-2-1.
    I have not received Stablon yet, and is supposed to arrive sometime later this week or early next week as the turn around time for ordering this stuff is 3-4 weeks past shipping date with no tracking.

    I'll probably try taking 4 at first at 2 x 2 per day. I am an excellent responder to most supps and meds, and I''d like to see how fast it fades on me after the second dose of the day. I will add either a 5th or even a 6th tab as necessary.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Piracetam was terrible for me. Tired, foggy, irritable, etc. Aniracetam is my go to. My power stack is:

    Aniracetam 750mg twice a day
    Alpha GPC 300mg twice a day
    Gaia Thyroid support twice a day (LOVE ashwaganda). This replaced rhodiola for me as I found the ashwagandha to be superior to the rhodiola for energy and stress relief.
    Alcar 500mg twice a day

    If I have to speak in front of a large group, like I had 80 people the other day- I take 100-200mg of l-theanine and life is good.
    I have a full bottle of ashwaganda that I have not opened yet, but will try it with aniracetam later. I'm experimenting with adding forskolin to aniracetam now for the cAMP effects. Forskolin seems a natural for some of these noot stacks, but may really shine with AndroDrive.


    Some of the other supps I intend to try adding to noot stacks that are not noots themselves include artichoke extract and quercetin. Quercetin is also a potentiator like grapefruit juice, except it may even have stronger effects on some noots. This is a supp that one should be cautious with as quercetin can take you over the edge with some noots, according to my readings.

  21. The Thyroid Support has forskolin as the second most prevalent ingredient. Perhaps that is why I am getting such great effects and energy that won't quit.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    The Thyroid Support has forskolin as the second most prevalent ingredient. Perhaps that is why I am getting such great effects and energy that won't quit.
    I've been checking two other forums for past info and several people tried forskolin with either artichoke extract or quercetin to usually just one or two noots (but not big stacks) and they claimed to get wow! results. There were warnings to keep the quercetin down to just 250 mg at first to try it out, but no one seemed to get manic effects from the artichoke extract and it was said to do similar effects to quercetin yet not as strong.

    I tried about 20 mg of forskolin with some Now Mucuna with 120 mg of L-DOPA before work last night and that with aniracetam had a very potent effect. I have some of the artichoke extract on the way. The forskolin is 20% actives so it takes 100 mg to make 20 mg effective dose.

    Keeping thyroid at good levels is one of the keys to mental sharpness BTW.

  23. On my 5th day of Ani + CDP Choline. Really liking it so far. Seems to be clearing out some of the cobwebs and reducing my social anxiety a lot. Not a stellar increase in mental energy, but more like most mental processes have been lubricated and just work better. I stunned a colleague today by identifying a rare bird from just a portion of a desiccated carcass (I'm a biologist). That particular bird species should not be found anywhere near the habitat we work in, so it was in no way a familiarity type recall.

    Not much of an energy booster like Piracetam is for me, but its also much more stable and predictable so far. Piracetam I have largely given up on as it makes my moods unpredictable. Typically, the first few days on it are fine, then I vacillate between some sort of strange manic and depressive state..even with adjusting dose and using all manner of choline support. My senses are more vivid, words flow better, but weird moods and a mild headache ruin it for me as does terrible insomnia. No sleep supp we commonly use can shut my brain off on Piracetam and it turns me into a zombie by day 10.

    Ani, is quite the opposite. I take 700 mg in the morning with 500 mg CDP and there is only very mild "pep" but a nice slow ramp up in cognitive "fluidity" I'll call it for lack of a better description. I generally take my second dose late in the day and have had no sleep issues other than craving more sleep than I am getting (6-7 hours for this job). I work in the Mohave desert so the heat takes a lot out of my 40 year old carcass. Mood-wise, Ani has been a real treat. Less social anxiety, better positive outlook, better communication and overall recollection of my daily tasks (which shift constantly) and better mental organization . Today, those effects seemed to kick it up a small notch and I am curious to see where this ride will take me.

    I have both Pramiracetam and Noopept waiting for me at home and I will try to be disciplined with them and not try everything at once.

    I agree with the poster who sang the praises of Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Arginate. This stuff is very potent, far outstripping regular ALCAR in most ways. Big leaps in mental energy, physical energy, memory, mood, but unfortunately every time I try it I get the same sort of horrible insomnia that Piracetam gives me. Its also very expensive.

    Ashwaghanda...I also like it better than Rhodiola. My moods on Rhodi can be GREAT, or they can crash into super pissy anger mode with bouts of insomnia. Not sure why, but I have experimented with Rhodi for years and now shy away from it. Ashwaghanda is far more predictable. Relieves anxiety nicely and primes me for a good night of sleep.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    The Thyroid Support has forskolin as the second most prevalent ingredient. Perhaps that is why I am getting such great effects and energy that won't quit.

    I think I'm going to break open my bottle of ashwaganda and try it with ani and forskolin, and maybe add the artichoke later. So far aniracetam is a major favorite, although I do like AndroDrive for different purposes. I've gone through over 6 weeks of ani now.

    I use Rhodiola during the cold months -- mid December through February or mid March.

    I'm doing a ton of reading. Learning about learning, especially using the internet. It includes understanding all the search engines and how best to look things up with them, and the cool new tools that are available now (various e-book sites, live blogs by people involved in interesting things like onsite digs, etc.). An author named David Perkins has caught my attention as he has a excellent book out on "breakthrough thinking.' he also has books on learning itself, called "Making Learning Whole," and a book on discussions and how to keep them on track and away from territorial ego involvement.

    There is no absolute shortcut for having broad interest ranges to producing good ideas, but the internet allows for a quicker access to a broad range of subjects. The brain scientist books frequently restate, "attention must be paid," to get powerful changes in the brain or mind. What's incredible is that William James in his classic book on Psychology said this about the power of attention several times, and seemed to be underlining it's importance in his book. James said this over a century ago. Noots strengthen the ability to focus and concentrate attention in several ways.

    One of the things I'm working on is the transfer of learning, and not just how "real world" learning is, but transferring learning from one discipline to another. Example: How can my visual arts learning enhance my other learning skills. If I'm trying to mentor a ADD child often they cannot concentrate well on abstractions, but they find it easier to get involved in creative work because one can see the whole project right there in front of them. It's also more fun than abstractions. Yet you can use art to teach good learning skills to a kid.

  25. may have been asked, and i am very new to noots. i feel i have something going on and cant focus, multi task, etc. trying to self medicate it if i can. ordered some things. what type of scales can you gents suggest for weighing such small mgs?

    i only taking some Piracetam and Choline citrate i already had. one day i noticed everything seemed to be brighter. i am taking 2g of p and i did take 1 g of cho first day, got a minor headache so going to do 1g of that now too. read this takes like a good week to kick in so maybe placebo.

    i ordered some Huperzine A, SNS focus xt to try and some Vinpocetine. read good things and cheap enough.

    this all started because i been really frustrated with how bad my memory and just trying to get work done has been. i recently signed up for school so thought i should look into things to help now. i had a sample bottle of spirodex took 1 in the morning and was caught up in my work all morning. amazing.

    looking to build a lil stack to help me at work and then maybe have a bit more of an involved stack for school/studying. for now i want to run the 2 things i have for a couple weeks and see how it goes.

    open to suggestions on the Piracetam and Choline citrate. My scale doesnt measure under 1g very well so like i said im doing 2g of Piracetam and 1g of Choline citrate for now.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. are these actually steriods?
    By getupforletdo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 10:33 PM
  2. JW, Bam steriods?
    By keater824 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 07:17 PM
  3. Steriods Changes the age you really are?
    By Changing in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Log in
Log in