Whats working for older guys? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Whats working for older guys?

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Good posting here guys. Dutch, your a testament to what sensible supplementing and regular exercise can do. The only problem Ive found with weight lifting is that once you make visible progress its difficult to stop. I give myself 2 to 3 hours of weights a week. I tried the bodypart once per week but it doesnt seem to be enough, and I like the endorphin release every other day.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.

I will be extremely happy if I have the physique and health that Dutch has at 70!
    Those pics are awesome...
    Correct supplementation is the key as well as a healthy dose of test I reckon to keep that kind of muscle at 70.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Yes, Dutch, could you post about diet? Whats your typical calorie intake and examples of meals? Do you prepare your own meals? etc. Thanks !
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Dutch I had no idea you was 70 in your pic from past threads I thought you was 50 maybe. Good job man! I can only hope to be alive at that age, and also in good shape!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Dutch was one of the original guys here and a prolific poster from way back.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Good posting here guys. Dutch, your a testament to what sensible supplementing and regular exercise can do. The only problem Ive found with weight lifting is that once you make visible progress its difficult to stop. I give myself 2 to 3 hours of weights a week. I tried the bodypart once per week but it doesnt seem to be enough, and I like the endorphin release every other day.
    That "Problem" is a great gift! It is the uniting force around my training, supplementation, nutrition, rest, it even set me up to meet and fall for the love of my life who shares all of the above with me. We think we are very young for our age in all possible respects visually, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. As such we are comfortable with both prospects for longevity and the quality of life we can enjoy over that time.

We don't do a strict diet measuring out everything but we have our basics. Our breakfast except for the occasional cheat day at Denny's etc is always for me either three eggs sunnyside up, cooked in 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, the remainder of which I use on my multi grain english muffin. The only alternative is maybe 2X a week I switch to a double bowl of Oatmeal again going light on the water as I add my tbspns of coconut oil and 15 shakes of ground cinnamon. Lots of salads, chicken and fruit for lunch washed down with gallons of Arnold Palmers (ice tea/lemonade). Dinners are heavy on chicken, turkey and beef with lots of broccoli, sweet potatoes, and more veggies and fruit. What I have done for decades also is split a bottle, or nowadays big glasses of Inglenooks's boxed Merlot so we get our daily resveritol fix. Most nights I finish off with a very large spoonful of all natural peanut butter washed down with a glass of 2% milk. We do have some favorite meals that we find are cheap, very tasty and very healthy. The strangest one is splitting a Butterball Turkey Kielbasa and a half a steamed cabbage. Its a tasty change from the chicken and broccoli but with the same advantages. OK now you KNOW we are wierd old farts! LOL
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Dutch you look amazing for 70 and damn good for any age. Most high school kids have less muscle tone than you do.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big boy D View Post
    So I take it that's not your pic then?
    No, the picture is not how I look currently. I competed 26 years ago (at 21) and won the middle weight division of Mr. West Coast Fitness in St. Petersburg. I have not competed since, but plan to before long. I weighed 165 at the competition, and I weigh about 50 lbs more now. I have increased my size significantly - just need to rip up. All of the gains are without AAS, which I have not used since the competition.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Thanks Dutch, always good to hear from seasoned veterans, diet is as important as the weights. Learn, teach, lead, is the motto.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Diet for the older guys
    By jmoney02 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
  2. Younger girls older guys
    By lozgod in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 09:52 AM
  3. The Whats actually working log
    By ryan6f7 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6