Zombies!?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I rather stick with 2 glock 9mm pistols cuz that ammo is not hard to come by anywhere since mostly every security and police officer uses that gun. A belt with ammo clips all around and another ammo belt across the chest. Sniper rifle for the roof, 2 machetes across my back, and a Rambo style bow knife that hold a compass and matches inside the handle. Glock's are light weight, machetes are sharp and light, bow knife isnt large so it's light
Yea, glocks use the same ammo as the SigP226 but mine has an 18 round clip, the glocks has 10 max I think. I'm not going to be able to shoot with ANY accuracy with my left hand, so I only need the one pistol. My katana is a little lighter and longer than a machete. May not be a bad idea for me to get another katana... Also you can't just have a sniper rifle, you need to be selective. Most sniper rifles have a 5 round mag ... Very inconvenient. The knife with a built in compass is a good idea, if you can find one.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Good point to look out for is the .40 and 9mm mags will look pretty similar for the glocks just something to be wary of when scrounging

Sniper would be the only place I would wAnt a bolt action. That or a m14 with good optics.

Best things to carry are what you are familiar with. A nice aluminum bat would work in a pinch and be silent

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Yea, glocks use the same ammo as the SigP226 but mine has an 18 round clip, the glocks has 10 max I think. I'm not going to be able to shoot with ANY accuracy with my left hand, so I only need the one pistol. My katana is a little lighter and longer than a machete. May not be a bad idea for me to get another katana... Also you can't just have a sniper rifle, you need to be selective. Most sniper rifles have a 5 round mag ... Very inconvenient. The knife with a built in compass is a good idea, if you can find one.
I think I would take a machete over the katana just because it works as a tool or weapon and would be easier to sharpen over time. I don't think I would wanna carry around a sniper rifle at all. A good AR rifle with extra optics would suit me well.

doodoo

Awards
Lmfao. this guy gives asians a bad name. cutting off his own manhood.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Lmfao. this guy gives asians a bad name. cutting off his own manhood.
Those guest must have still been pretty hungry...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Shyt, I need some MMA training along side 7,000 calories a day, make me an all out monster so I can stop these guys.

:lol:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Don't want to get too big if the SHTF the last thing you want is to starve out first because you need the higher cals :(

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't want to get too big if the SHTF the last thing you want is to starve out first because you need the higher cals :(

Yeah guess I wouldn't wanna eat them huh. :p

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So is there a national rally point for when zombies show up or will that be named after we see the extent of the damage? Cuz I'm ready! Lol
Like if the government has a "plan" to gather up survivors n junk? HA!! Hell no. The one thing that I agree with that is consistent in EVERY zombie flick out there is that once the SHTF, the gov't goes bye-bye. It's Marshall Law, every man for himself. If it ever happens, I already have a plan and those involved know it. (We're all a little goofy...) From the guy with the semi- to the hillbilly with his own arsenal and survival skills, to the tech guys and former nuclear engineers, I think I'm in pretty good shape. :)

And if you were on the other side of the spectrum, a zombie that required high calories wouldn't do well, either! Though, I will say this... Aaron, if I meet you and you're a zombie, or you were just bitten by one, I'll double tap you. Bro love, bro. :cheers:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Like if the government has a "plan" to gather up survivors n junk? HA!! Hell no. The one thing that I agree with that is consistent in EVERY zombie flick out there is that once the SHTF, the gov't goes bye-bye. It's Marshall Law, every man for himself. If it ever happens, I already have a plan and those involved know it. (We're all a little goofy...) From the guy with the semi- to the hillbilly with his own arsenal and survival skills, to the tech guys and former nuclear engineers, I think I'm in pretty good shape. :)

And if you were on the other side of the spectrum, a zombie that required high calories wouldn't do well, either! Though, I will say this... Aaron, if I meet you and you're a zombie, or you were just bitten by one, I'll double tap you. Bro love, bro. :cheers:

Pack a (big) lunch and bring your shot gun, make sure you had a full nights rest as well.

:)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
now the question is the best place to go.. head north and there is a good chance they will freeze solid in winter. head south and they would probably degrade faster..
hit the ozarks and you probably have the best chances if the locals take you in :)

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
now the question is the best place to go.. head north and there is a good chance they will freeze solid in winter. head south and they would probably degrade faster..
hit the ozarks and you probably have the best chances if the locals take you in :)
Or some place like west Texas or oklahoma where it's flat and you could see em coming from a hundred miles away, if the winds didn blow em away lol.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Wow, everyone here about the guy eatin he homeless guys face and eyeball!? Crazy!! Wonder how much protein is in a human face?
I'm starting more and more to believe zombies are beginning to make a statement. This is no joke. A couple of days ago my wife and I decided to head out to the desert to do some camping. We own a 30ft camper and we towed it out to New Mexico with my truck. We get there and set the camper up and everything and start us a campfire and we're roasting s'mores, having a cold drink and just enjoying peace and quiet with our dog. Well at about 11:30 the dog start throwing a fit barking and we took him back into the camper and we're outside talking and we hear all kinds of noise. It kind of sounded like someone was walking around being very sneaky. We went back inside the camper and I got my guns and loaded them up. I brought my AR15 and my wife's pistol and my pistol. Well we go back into the camper and the noise settled down. I told my wife we should watch The Hills Have Eyes just as a joke because it's one of our favorites. We were watching it and everything and then all of a sudden we heard the loudest bang against the side of our camper. It sounded almost like a gun shot it was so loud. I got my flashlight and gun and ran outside to investigate and didn't see anything at all, and we didn't hear anything else for the rest of the night. It was pretty adrenaline pumping, I had my ammo locked and loaded, whether or not it was someone else camping messing with us or something creepy, but we definitely heard something.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I'm starting more and more to believe zombies are beginning to make a statement. This is no joke. A couple of days ago my wife and I decided to head out to the desert to do some camping. We own a 30ft camper and we towed it out to New Mexico with my truck. We get there and set the camper up and everything and start us a campfire and we're roasting s'mores, having a cold drink and just enjoying peace and quiet with our dog. Well at about 11:30 the dog start throwing a fit barking and we took him back into the camper and we're outside talking and we hear all kinds of noise. It kind of sounded like someone was walking around being very sneaky. We went back inside the camper and I got my guns and loaded them up. I brought my AR15 and my wife's pistol and my pistol. Well we go back into the camper and the noise settled down. I told my wife we should watch The Hills Have Eyes just as a joke because it's one of our favorites. We were watching it and everything and then all of a sudden we heard the loudest bang against the side of our camper. It sounded almost like a gun shot it was so loud. I got my flashlight and gun and ran outside to investigate and didn't see anything at all, and we didn't hear anything else for the rest of the night. It was pretty adrenaline pumping, I had my ammo locked and loaded, whether or not it was someone else camping messing with us or something creepy, but we definitely heard something.
Haha holy $h!t. I dunno if I woulda slept at all that night. If zombies are here, I hope it's the slow stupid zombies like "night of the living dead" or "zombieland." Its gonna suck if they're sprinters like "28 days later".

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Haha holy $h!t. I dunno if I woulda slept at all that night. If zombies are here, I hope it's the slow stupid zombies like "night of the living dead" or "zombieland." Its gonna suck if they're sprinters like "28 days later".
Haha I know buddy. I thought we were going to go to war with the hills have eyes that night. I started charging my flashlights, loaded my guns, got me a few knives and put them in my pocket, it was pretty scary. We stayed up that night until the sun came up. I told her we need to gather up some friends and go back sometime next month when we're on the same schedule again. I put some mud tires on my truck last week and told the guy at the shop I wanted them because they were "zombie proof"....the look on his face was priceless!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Or if they are like the ones from I am Legend.... Those could cross species and everything. Quite honestly, if there is a zombie outbreak, it will probably be caused similarly and the affects will be very similar to I am Legend.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Or if they are like the ones from I am Legend.... Those could cross species and everything. Quite honestly, if there is a zombie outbreak, it will probably be caused similarly and the affects will be very similar to I am Legend.
Oh hell I forgot about that movie. Ya that story seems the most possible. If they end up bein fast and strong like that, I'm gonna have to up the calibers in my shopping list lol.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Oh hell I forgot about that movie. Ya that story seems the most possible. If they end up bein fast and strong like that, I'm gonna have to up the calibers in my shopping list lol.
Not worried about the caliber as much as the range and decibel. I want something that I can shoot accurately at least 900 yards

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Not worried about the caliber as much as the range and decibel. I want something that I can shoot accurately at least 900 yards
You're comin to my camp then lol. I like shooting long range but I'm better at close quarters. Give me an M4 and a combat load and nothing will survive within 300 meters lol.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely love long range shooting. Last summer my buddy and I were shooting at 800 yards with my AR15. I don't think 900 yards would be too much off question. What do you guys shoot?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I was shooting a custom .22 long rifle for a while. Pattern was 3/4 of an inch at 1000 yards (not me shooting). Well over $15,000 gun. Had to give it back to the owner after a LONG stint of borrowing it. Very very heavy gun. No way you could shoot it standing.

I'm looking for a new sniper rifle 1000+ yard range and an option of a 20 round magazine.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
If I'm tryin to really reach out there I love the .308 but my overall favorite to shoot is my 30-30 lever action. It has no optics and a fairly short barrel so the longest shot I've ever tried with it was around 450 yards but it handles nice and doesn't way much.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
A .308 is a great rifle, but I prefer the .30-06 over the .308 personally. The guns you named have a lot of knockdown power but I prefer flatter trajectory like a .223 or .270.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Who's a zombie on this Forum?

You Tim?

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
A .308 is a great rifle, but I prefer the .30-06 over the .308 personally. The guns you named have a lot of knockdown power but I prefer flatter trajectory like a .223 or .270.
I like how easy it is for me to put several rounds on target very quickly with the .223. I've never tried it at long range tho. At my unit we have M16A2's and the farthest we qualify at is 300 meters. I haven't had a .270 in a few years but that was one of my favorite deer rifles. It had enough weight to fight cross winds but still light enough to fly true.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
is 30 0 6 still easy to come buy? like would most outdoor type shops carry it?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I like how easy it is for me to put several rounds on target very quickly with the .223. I've never tried it at long range tho. At my unit we have M16A2's and the farthest we qualify at is 300 meters. I haven't had a .270 in a few years but that was one of my favorite deer rifles. It had enough weight to fight cross winds but still light enough to fly true.
Are you in the military? I'm an ex-Marine. If you like a .223 then you should definitely consider an AR15 man. The prices vary you can find some as cheap as $500 and some as expensive as $2,000. I paid $900 for my first one and $1,300 for my 2nd one, but the first one I didn't buy myself it was a gift to me for graduating college from my folks. You and I have the same taste in deer rifles, a .270 is about the only caliber I'll hunt with myself.

is 30 0 6 still easy to come buy? like would most outdoor type shops carry it?
Definitely. They're still considered by some people the best caliber rifle for hunting. I was at the Bass Pro earlier this year picking up fishing gear and I'm pretty sure they had some .30-06's. My .30-06 is in realtree camouflage but I had to have it special ordered.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you in the military? I'm an ex-Marine. If you like a .223 then you should definitely consider an AR15 man. The prices vary you can find some as cheap as $500 and some as expensive as $2,000. I paid $900 for my first one and $1,300 for my 2nd one, but the first one I didn't buy myself it was a gift to me for graduating college from my folks. You and I have the same taste in deer rifles, a .270 is about the only caliber I'll hunt with myself.

Definitely. They're still considered by some people the best caliber rifle for hunting. I was at the Bass Pro earlier this year picking up fishing gear and I'm pretty sure they had some .30-06's. My .30-06 is in realtree camouflage but I had to have it special ordered.
No such thing as an Ex Marine Devil! :D ;-)

Ive only shot an M16A2 and M16A4. Not bad with those, definitely want to shoot other types of guns though.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I'm in the Army Reserve right now, trying to switch over to active duty. I've looked at a few different AR's before and really want to get one, but with a baby due in a couple months my wife has pretty much cut off my fun money lol.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
No such thing as an Ex Marine Devil! :D ;-)

Ive only shot an M16A2 and M16A4. Not bad with those, definitely want to shoot other types of guns though.
You're certainly right about that ;).

I'm in the Army Reserve right now, trying to switch over to active duty. I've looked at a few different AR's before and really want to get one, but with a baby due in a couple months my wife has pretty much cut off my fun money lol.
I definitely know how that goes man. My wife made me budget when she was pregnant and we combine at a little over $150,000 a year. It's great that women do that though; it's always great to put the child first!

My wife's cousin was in the Army. He was a 91B (Mechanic) and my cousin was a 91M (Mortuary Affairs). What's your MOS?

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Carl Jacquneaux Bit A Chunk Of Face Off Victim Todd Credeur In Louisiana, Cops Say

The Huffington Post | By Andy Campbell Posted: 06/06/2012 1:28 pm Updated: 06/06/2012 4:00 pm

Todd Credeur, shown here with a chunk bitten out of his face, is recovering at home.

Another gruesome attack over the weekend involved one man allegedly biting off a piece of another man's face -- and like similar cases, this one, too, involves "bath salts."

Louisiana man Carl Jacquneaux, 43, allegedly attacked his neighbor, Todd Credeur, in Lafayette Parish over an undefined domestic issue, KATC reported.

"During the attack, the suspect bit a chunk of the victim's face off," Scott Assistant Police Chief Kert Thomas told the station.

Credeur said he was working in his yard when Jacquneaux showed up and attacked him. Credeur said he defended himself by spraying wasp poison in the man's face.

Pictures show a large, bloody hole in Credeur's cheek.

Police said that Jacquneaux left his victim's house and showed up at another acquaintance's home and held him at knife point before stealing a handgun, according to the Shreveport Times.

A friend of Credeur's, who told KATC that he knows Jacquneaux, said the alleged assailant was using bath salts. But police may never know because they never performed a field sobriety test on the man before he was taken to jail.

Bath salts -- chemicals legally sold in head shops and other small stores -- can cause hallucinations and paranoia, among other symptoms. The amphetamine ****tail has also been connected to the incident in Miami where a man was shot and killed while chewing off more than 75 percent of a homeless man's face.

Jacquneaux was charged with aggravated burglary, battery, violation of probation, and violation of protective orders. He was held on a $312,500 bond.

Credeur was released from the hospital and is recovering at home.
AND ANOTHER!

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Is this some form of grocery prices strike?

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
My wife's cousin was in the Army. He was a 91B (Mechanic) and my cousin was a 91M (Mortuary Affairs). What's your MOS?
I lived with the 91M's at AIT, they were a lot of fun lol. Before I say my MOS I have to explain, because it embarrasses me lol. I enlisted in 2006 as 11B, infantry, but broke my leg and was medically discharged. I tried to go reenlist as 11B but prior service can't get into active duty anymore due to the cut backs. So, they said join the reserves and switch over after 6 months. So I took the only job in the reserves that they offered me incentives, bonus and school money, to help my family. So, I'm a 92S, shower laundry and clothing repair specialist. I don't like it, but I think I can go active as 11B within a year. As long as I'm in the army tho, I ain't gonna complain too much.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I lived with the 91M's at AIT, they were a lot of fun lol. Before I say my MOS I have to explain, because it embarrasses me lol. I enlisted in 2006 as 11B, infantry, but broke my leg and was medically discharged. I tried to go reenlist as 11B but prior service can't get into active duty anymore due to the cut backs. So, they said join the reserves and switch over after 6 months. So I took the only job in the reserves that they offered me incentives, bonus and school money, to help my family. So, I'm a 92S, shower laundry and clothing repair specialist. I don't like it, but I think I can go active as 11B within a year. As long as I'm in the army tho, I ain't gonna complain too much.
Man don't ever be ashamed of your MOS. The Army is a team, and every man is important from the special forces to the cooks. You are still wearing those ACU's proud and serving your country, which is a lot more than some people can say. I was an 0311 in the Marines, which is like a 11B in the Army, so infantryman. Believe me, if you have a family infantry may be something you might not want to look too much into. I think a combat medic is about the best MOS the Army offers because it leads to so many future opportunities.

I killed people in Afghanistan and I'm a christian, so it's up to God to forgive me and it still bothers me everyday some of the things I did, but combat medics are there to save lives instead of take them and they risk their lives for another persons, which is very honorable. Plus you could get into any PA program in the country with a 18W background. If I were you and you like the human body, I would consider being an 18W or 91M, something that will benefit you when you go onto college.

It all depends on what you like, but IMO the Army is nothing but a portal to great opportunities for the younger generation. Great experience, lifetime benefits, great way to keep your body in shape, see the world and get an education in the future. The Army is really the way to go. Sometimes I wish I would have went in the Army as a combat medic or something, because I still have nightmares of the things I seen on the front line.

From one veteran to another, thank you for your service.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Man don't ever be ashamed of your MOS. The Army is a team, and every man is important from the special forces to the cooks. You are still wearing those ACU's proud and serving your country, which is a lot more than some people can say. I was an 0311 in the Marines, which is like a 11B in the Army, so infantryman. Believe me, if you have a family infantry may be something you might not want to look too much into. I think a combat medic is about the best MOS the Army offers because it leads to so many future opportunities.

I killed people in Afghanistan and I'm a christian, so it's up to God to forgive me and it still bothers me everyday some of the things I did, but combat medics are there to save lives instead of take them and they risk their lives for another persons, which is very honorable. Plus you could get into any PA program in the country with a 18W background. If I were you and you like the human body, I would consider being an 18W or 91M, something that will benefit you when you go onto college.

It all depends on what you like, but IMO the Army is nothing but a portal to great opportunities for the younger generation. Great experience, lifetime benefits, great way to keep your body in shape, see the world and get an education in the future. The Army is really the way to go. Sometimes I wish I would have went in the Army as a combat medic or something, because I still have nightmares of the things I seen on the front line.

From one veteran to another, thank you for your service.
I really appreciate that. And thank you for your service as well. The only way I can get into active duty is to take an 18X (special forces) contract, I had to go to reserves because you can't get that with a medical waiver, which I had for my leg, but my enlistment in reserves does away with the waiver. Honestly, I don't know if my body can hold up to the requirements of SF and if I don't make selection then I will get folded into a regular infantry unit and pursue a Ranger tab from there. But, if I do get thru the selection process then I hope to specialize in either medical or weapons. The army decides that based on my proficiencies and their needs. I'm sorry you had to go through the things you did over there. I haven't deployed yet but there are rumors that my unit will go soon. I had a Marine friend come back from Fallujah and he's never been the same. I don't know why but I feel like i have a personal responsibility to be in a combat arms MOS, like if I'm not kickin in the door, somebody else will be and they could get killed.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciate that. And thank you for your service as well. The only way I can get into active duty is to take an 18X (special forces) contract, I had to go to reserves because you can't get that with a medical waiver, which I had for my leg, but my enlistment in reserves does away with the waiver. Honestly, I don't know if my body can hold up to the requirements of SF and if I don't make selection then I will get folded into a regular infantry unit and pursue a Ranger tab from there. But, if I do get thru the selection process then I hope to specialize in either medical or weapons. The army decides that based on my proficiencies and their needs. I'm sorry you had to go through the things you did over there. I haven't deployed yet but there are rumors that my unit will go soon. I had a Marine friend come back from Fallujah and he's never been the same. I don't know why but I feel like i have a personal responsibility to be in a combat arms MOS, like if I'm not kickin in the door, somebody else will be and they could get killed.
I admire your courage. You sound like me when I joined the USMC. I was the first person in my immediate family to be in the military and I avoided scholarships and headed straight to Parris Island.

Personally man, combat related MOS' are best left in the hands of single men. That's JMO as back when I was in the Marines my wife and I were only in a relationship and we weren't married, but she did still love me and what I put her through I regret every single day. I could only imagine having a kid and looking he/she in the eye before saying goodbye for an entire year knowing I will be in a hot zone for death. You're an awfully strong person to outweigh those odds and just a suggestion from someone that has been there, think about it for a while.

Special forces soldiers are some tough people. If you have Netflix, you can watch their training and the toughness of those guys are spectacular. If I would have stayed in the Marines, I would have probably attempted special forces. People say I've never been the same since I came back from Afghanistan. There was a lot of combat there when I went. I was a lot smaller then than I am now I was around 180-185lbs and I remember trying to lose weight because it was so hot.

A guy that works at the hospital that is trying to get into nursing school told me he got an EPTS discharge for having high blood pressure. He was in the Army too and he said his MOS was transportation specialist. I guess the military has eased up a lot since 2003 because 10 year ago when you joined you joined and if you had high blood pressure they'd just say I hate that for ya lol.

My cousin that is a 91M in the Army said he's been to Iraq twice and hasn't seen combat any.

I remember hearing what you're talking about from somewhere, now I know why you're trying to go into infantry.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I admire your courage. You sound like me when I joined the USMC. I was the first person in my immediate family to be in the military and I avoided scholarships and headed straight to Parris Island.

Personally man, combat related MOS' are best left in the hands of single men. That's JMO as back when I was in the Marines my wife and I were only in a relationship and we weren't married, but she did still love me and what I put her through I regret every single day. I could only imagine having a kid and looking he/she in the eye before saying goodbye for an entire year knowing I will be in a hot zone for death. You're an awfully strong person to outweigh those odds and just a suggestion from someone that has been there, think about it for a while.

Special forces soldiers are some tough people. If you have Netflix, you can watch their training and the toughness of those guys are spectacular. If I would have stayed in the Marines, I would have probably attempted special forces. People say I've never been the same since I came back from Afghanistan. There was a lot of combat there when I went. I was a lot smaller then than I am now I was around 180-185lbs and I remember trying to lose weight because it was so hot.

A guy that works at the hospital that is trying to get into nursing school told me he got an EPTS discharge for having high blood pressure. He was in the Army too and he said his MOS was transportation specialist. I guess the military has eased up a lot since 2003 because 10 year ago when you joined you joined and if you had high blood pressure they'd just say I hate that for ya lol.

My cousin that is a 91M in the Army said he's been to Iraq twice and hasn't seen combat any.

I remember hearing what you're talking about from somewhere, now I know why you're trying to go into infantry.
I really appreciate the advice man. Believe me I have been, and will continue to think about my options. I think you've been more honest with me than anyone I've talked to. Everybody seems to either be a recruiter or a hippie protester lol.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciate the advice man. Believe me I have been, and will continue to think about my options. I think you've been more honest with me than anyone I've talked to. Everybody seems to either be a recruiter or a hippie protester lol.
Yeah, recruiters don't always tell you the bad stuff. I remember being in high school. I was "fit" and we had a game that night so I had my football jersey on and was walking down the hall and he saw I guess that I was fit and said "hello sir, let me talk to you a minute about joining the Marines, you look like you'd be a good one". I had scholarships already to pay for college, and he basically built me up like I was going to be the perfect Marine, and I was like "this dude is cool as ****, I like guns, I like being fit, wth lets do this...I wanna be a Marine". I remember the first 8 weeks of basic training wanting nothing but to come home. I ended up eventually getting used to it and today I'm thankful for my honorable discharge because it got me into the BSN program at UT and also did a lot in helping me get the job I have today. I don't think I'd be where I am today if it wasn't for my time in the military, but recruiters tend to lie a lot I noticed.

You're a brave soul man and you're one of a kind. God bless you and your family. Hopefully you find the right MOS and get your honorable discharge so that you have some great stories to tell your kids and grandkids.

If it ever comes down to you having to kill someone in combat, believe me, part of you will never forgive yourself. When you come back and you see maniacs driving down the road flipping you off or giving your smurks in stores without knowing who you are or what you went through for THEM. You'll be disgusted with things you never were disgusted before. I remember coming home and getting pissed at people for sleeping past 7.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Yeah, recruiters don't always tell you the bad stuff. I remember being in high school. I was "fit" and we had a game that night so I had my football jersey on and was walking down the hall and he saw I guess that I was fit and said "hello sir, let me talk to you a minute about joining the Marines, you look like you'd be a good one". I had scholarships already to pay for college, and he basically built me up like I was going to be the perfect Marine, and I was like "this dude is cool as ****, I like guns, I like being fit, wth lets do this...I wanna be a Marine". I remember the first 8 weeks of basic training wanting nothing but to come home. I ended up eventually getting used to it and today I'm thankful for my honorable discharge because it got me into the BSN program at UT and also did a lot in helping me get the job I have today. I don't think I'd be where I am today if it wasn't for my time in the military, but recruiters tend to lie a lot I noticed.

You're a brave soul man and you're one of a kind. God bless you and your family. Hopefully you find the right MOS and get your honorable discharge so that you have some great stories to tell your kids and grandkids.

If it ever comes down to you having to kill someone in combat, believe me, part of you will never forgive yourself. When you come back and you see maniacs driving down the road flipping you off or giving your smurks in stores without knowing who you are or what you went through for THEM. You'll be disgusted with things you never were disgusted before. I remember coming home and getting pissed at people for sleeping past 7.
My recruiter was in the same cycle at basic training that I was the first time I enlisted. When I walked in his office he started giving me his sales pitch until I handed him my DD214 lol. There are definitely a ton of down sides to my career choice, and I still have a lot of decisions to make about which way I'm goin to follow it, but I love it. Thank you for your thoughts and blessings and God bless you and your family too. This world could use more people like you; the courage to fight, but an understanding of why it should be avoided. I've been called a "war mongerer" before because I want a combat MOS but that doesn't mean I WANT to kill people, I will if I HAVE to but if our troops are goin into a fight I wanna be there. I don't really know how to explain it better than that.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I deploy in August and will be working with the army this time around. Having been a Corpsman with the Marines most my time it should be an interesting time working in another service.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ever look into being a 12M? That's what I am and I love it. I'm in the guard now but if you're looking to go over there are deployment opportunites there as well and like a combat medic leads to good experience for a great civilian career down the road. Something to think about.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Ever look into being a 12M? That's what I am and I love it. I'm in the guard now but if you're looking to go over there are deployment opportunites there as well and like a combat medic leads to good experience for a great civilian career down the road. Something to think about.
Thats firefighter right? That is somethin that has crossed my mind before. I think fire makes me more nervous than bullets tho lol.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Another great combat related MOS is MP. I thought long and hard about being MP since when I graduated high school my goal was to be in law enforcement. You've still got combat engineers, tankers, scouts, etc. There's tons of great MOS' in the Army, and even if later down the line you decide to choose another career path, an honorable discharge opens tons of doors of opportunities to you. I was offered a job at a federal prison making $39.77 as an RN and ended up turning it down. The bachelors degree helped, but the main thing they looked at was my honorable discharge. A lot of me getting into the highly competitive BSN program at UT was because of my honorable discharge.

I don't know maybe it's because I'm in the healthcare field I just prefer being a 68W. You automatically get into PA school. Most of the PA's where I work earn around $45 hourly and around $120k yearly. To be guaranteed into that type of program just sounds like a pavement for future success, but once again, it's all in what you prefer. My neighbor was in the Army and was a mechanic, and now he works in the oil industry making a great living.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bmftisftw General Chat 38
Fried Cheese General Chat 4
anabolicrhino General Chat 4