ZMA- Need info please

griller88

griller88

Awards
I got a bottle of ZMA and had the worst sleep in weeks. I made the mistake of taking after a light meal before I went to bed. It says to take it on an empty stomach. Can anyone give me a little info on do's and don'ts. I am not taking it now because I don't want to go through that again. I was told it can help with a deeper sleep.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I got a bottle of ZMA and had the worst sleep in weeks. I made the mistake of taking after a light meal before I went to bed. It says to take it on an empty stomach. Can anyone give me a little info on do's and don'ts. I am not taking it now because I don't want to go through that again. I was told it can help with a deeper sleep.
I take it on an empty stomach about 30 mins before sleep and I sleep like a baby. You can also add Melatonin with it and Valerian root. There are a lot of options. ZMA has many uses besides just sleep.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
don't take ZMA, with a meal high in calcium (diary), the calcium will inhibit absorbtion

griller88

griller88

Awards
Thanks guys. My problem is I very rarely go to bed with an empty stomach. I just started taking melatonin again so I am going to try to arrange my eating schedule so I don't have a meal at 10 or 11 at night. It's tough though, I have very long days and I am always hungry at night.

merph

merph

Awards
Have a casine shake 60 miniutes before bed than take zma as you lay down. I don't know about everyone else but it takes me a good 20-30minutes to get to sleep when I lay down especially if the girlfriend is in a good mood.

griller88

griller88

Awards
Thanks Merph. Last night I came home from the gym at 8, had a steak and a casein protein shake 1 1/2 hours later I took a 3mg melatonin and the ZMA. Still woke up to go to the bathroom twice but had a decent night sleep. However, I did not like going to bed hungry and I was starving when I woke up this morning. I still need to play with my diet more. I need more calories earlier in the day.

merph

merph

Awards
Keep a whey shake next to the bed. I get up atleast 2-3 times a night to take a piss and drink a shake in the mean time and I'm not so hungry. I hear you on the hunger thing. It sucks but its part of life.

One and Only

Awards
Empty stomach way to go. Good luck:cheers:

progressCUT

Awards
my first 4 days on ZMA was the worst sleep of my life
i was already taking melatonin
i dont why those 4 days sucked so bad, im talking HORRIBLE sleep.
after that
ive slept like the worlds at peace and our leaders are competent. imagine that ****.

BlueHair62

BlueHair62

Awards
I love ZMA... I take 3 at bedtime with a protien shake and man do i get into a deep sleep quick.. and the dreams are all over the place.

I have been married 17 years so my wife is not in a good mood as much I wish she was... Oh well!!!

ZMA for life on PCT's Can you take it all the time...? I have only ever used on a post cycles. I love the stuff though!!

BH

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bh

I love ZMA... I take 3 at bedtime with a protien shake and man do i get into a deep sleep quick.. and the dreams are all over the place.

I have been married 17 years so my wife is not in a good mood as much I wish she was... Oh well!!!

ZMA for life on PCT's Can you take it all the time...? I have only ever used on a post cycles. I love the stuff though!!

BH
I would ask the PCT manufacture's customer service and have them ask their scientist their opinion.
If the blend consist of Tribulus,Milk Thistle, Testofen, 3, 17 ketoetiochol-triene, Aspire,
6, 17 keto etiocholeva-3-ol tetrahydropyranol, saw palmetto. I would think its ok. But would feel better if you talked to the maker of PCT.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
ZMA if we are talking about the zma that consists of zinc mag and vit b6 then you can take that every night, i do and it works wonders i feel great in the morning and i sleep like a rock (once i finally doze off)