Zinc in Multi-vitamins? ZMA? Need some clarity please!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Ok I just need some clarity on this issue. I love taking ZMK. It gives me great rest and recovery. I take it with MVP-365 and I like the idea of taking vitamins during the day and minerals at night but I am kind of getting tired of scheduling my evening around it.

Most multi-vitamins have zinc in them. If calcium hiders the ability for zinc to absord than what is the point since any meal is probably going to have calcium in it. I'm probably over analyzing this but some opinions would be awesome.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Ok I just need some clarity on this issue. I love taking ZMK. It gives me great rest and recovery. I take it with MVP-365 and I like the idea of taking vitamins during the day and minerals at night but I am kind of getting tired of scheduling my evening around it.

Most multi-vitamins have zinc in them. If calcium hiders the ability for zinc to absord than what is the point since any meal is probably going to have calcium in it. I'm probably over analyzing this but some opinions would be awesome.
I say you worry too much, but I have seen it recommended not to take a multivitamin with milk or dairy products.

As you can see here:
multivitamin with minerals : Information on Uses, Dosage & Side Effects on Healthline.com

I see at least 4 or 5 times they say it.

Do not take this multivitamin with milk, other dairy products, calcium supplements, or antacids that contain calcium. Calcium may make it harder for your body to absorb certain ingredients of the multivitamin.
As far as calcium micronutrients in the food you eat with the multi, I wouldn't pick it apart that much.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
True True. I just needed a voice of reason. I do tend to over analyze. It benefits me sometime but most of the time I just worry too much. Thanks renegade.