Your Favorite Lifts

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, I wanted to start up a new thread and discuss some favorite lifts. NOT including:
Bench
Deadlift
Squat
The purpose of this discussion is to share some of our workouts (perhaps unorthodox ones) and give each other some feedback. I, just like everyone else, am always ready to learn a few new tricks.

That being said, what are some of your favorite or unique workouts and why do you like performing them.

I will start this off with two:

1) Weighted pushup / Unweighted pushup superset. Basically you start off with 45+ lbs on your back and do pushups, remove the weight and do more. I like it because your natural body weight feels a lot lighter than it normally would after doing the weighted pushups, allowing you to crank out quite a few reps--plus your muscles get extra fatigued because you did the weighted ones as well.

2) Vertical pushups. I have not done these in a LONG time. Threw them in today and let me tell you, my shoulders, traps, and core could feel em! These should definitely find a home in your workouts at least once every other week.

desma760

Awards
Off the top recently I gotta say

*Arnold presses for shoulders

*high flys on cable machine for chest

*seated chinups and high pully curls for biceps!!!

Just a few lifts as far as unique goes ill post my cable workout soon its pretty unique and will blast chest/shoulders

One thing is high pulley cable crossovers on knees for (xx) reps streight into pushups with d handles in hand for (xx) reps the d handles bring resistance since they will be pulling up while your pushing down to do to the pushups with a Med/heavy weight it's a good superset

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
One thing is high pulley cable crossovers on knees for (xx) reps streight into pushups with d handles in hand for (xx) reps the d handles bring resistance since they will be pulling up while your pushing down to do to the pushups with a Med/heavy weight it's a good superset
Sounds legit!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
he ups, rear delt cable crossovers

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
i love dumbell bench press, also i really like tricep dips

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Weighted Dips/Chins
Pendlay rows
OH press

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Push Press

is another one of my favorites

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Decline weighted situps with a parallel hold. Put the adjustable decline bench all the way up, grab a weight you can handle, go down until you are parallel with the ground but not touching the bench and hold for 5-10 seconds.

I start out with no weight until I can perform 3x10 until I can hold each rep for 10 seconds. Once I can do that I add weight, got up to being able to do 3x10 with a plate for 10 seconds before I got injured due to an unrelated out of gym event

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Decline weighted situps with a parallel hold. Put the adjustable decline bench all the way up, grab a weight you can handle, go down until you are parallel with the ground but not touching the bench and hold for 5-10 seconds.

I start out with no weight until I can perform 3x10 until I can hold each rep for 10 seconds. Once I can do that I add weight, got up to being able to do 3x10 with a plate for 10 seconds before I got injured due to an unrelated out of gym event
Now that sounds like something I wanna throw in once a week!! Thanks bro! also sweet avy!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
x whatever on dips & chins. All other auxiliary exercises are inferior.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
everything except lunges...

lateral db raises
bent over rows
cleans

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Now that sounds like something I wanna throw in once a week!! Thanks bro! also sweet avy!
It's one of the best ab exercises that I've come across, when first I came across it was just a weighted decline situp you hit parallel and went back up. I found that worked the upper abs very nice, then I held it one time and felt it in the lower ab area as well. It does wonders for increasing the size of your abs so even at a higher BF% you can still see them.

I just got back into the gym after a long time off and just started doing abs I think 2 weeks ago and although it's very minimal I can already see a faint line under my top 2 abs. And yeah, I do them on legs day so after wearing down my legs I don't use them to pull my body up haha. Last rep just hold that **** until you fall back onto the bench and can't even swing yourself back up haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sumo deads, really gets the hams and glutes nicely

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Step Ups, any compound tricep exercise (plus EZ Bar french press) superset with bicep exercise, and bent over rows.