You know your Country is f@#ked when...

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;X-aYxs91X4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-aYxs91X4U&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Now I understand! You have to have a bodyguard down under not a gun.

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
The way I see it, saying that guns kill and should be give up is just plain stupid. Guns don't kill, people make a free choice to kill. In Judao-Christian circles, the first recorded weapon to kill anyone was a rock. Did the rock kill by it self? I think not. Same with guns. If I lay my gun on the kitchen table it isn't going to jump up and kill anyone, seriously, now is it! Someone, a person,must make a choice to pick it up and use it.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
;-) ever hit 3 PRs lifting on shrooms?... I have ..,
I think I hallucinated that I was lifting on shrooms once and peed my self does that count?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I think I hallucinated that I was lifting on shrooms once and peed my self does that count?
How do you piss yourself on shrooms?! When I eat shrooms my athletic abilities skyrocket. We use to shroom and do all night skate sessions and everybody would be pullin shlt off that we never could do as consistently "sober". You become one with the board and the streets. As corny as it sounds its true. Ya know the Mayans use to use to shroom before their ancient mayan football games to increase athletic abilities.... Of course they'd follow the game up with the human sacrifices of the losers.

.... What's this thread about anyway? Penal?

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
It can't even pass a Law extending background checks to ALL people looking to purchase a gun.

Wtf is wrong with USA, it's bad enough the streets are filled with guns, now a simple Law making it harder for criminals to attain guns can't even be passed.

A corrupt and doomed Country...
This

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
How do you piss yourself on shrooms?! When I eat shrooms my athletic abilities skyrocket. We use to shroom and do all night skate sessions and everybody would be pullin shlt off that we never could do as consistently "sober". You become one with the board and the streets. As corny as it sounds its true. Ya know the Mayans use to use to shroom before their ancient mayan football games to increase athletic abilities.... Of course they'd follow the game up with the human sacrifices of the losers.

.... What's this thread about anyway? Penal?
I was just being ridiculous I never peed my self while on shrooms. But I know what you are talking about on the "one with the board" thing up in Tahoe we would grab an 8bag and just go nuts all day! This thread was started by some kid who started off talking some garbage about how this country was going to hell because congress couldn’t pass a gun reform bill and how he was moving to Australia. Then after a while he switched his story and said he already lives there or some nonsense. His arguments are nothing more than name calling, and I dont even know what the argument is at this point. Im sure he will pop up in another month and fan the flames again.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Next time I shroom I'm drinking a Foster's

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
No I'm not happy with the figures, but as I've stated there are more non armed homicides here than gun related. The problem isn't guns and guns are not even the top weapon of choice.The other problem is all our laws such as too strict gun control laws.... The war on drugs is a big contributor to homicides which I want to also repeal.Australia on the other hand is a safe haven for rapists and criminals. Homicides were already decreasing before 1996 in Australia, it was expected to continue to decrease gun law or not.

LMFAO, you just keep making yourself look more and more stupid as you don't even know your own countrys statistics!

Again you are wrong, GUNS ARE THE TOP WEAPON OF CHOICE in USA for total homicide.
w*w*w.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

* in 2011 your total homicides by ANY means was 15,953, of which firearm homicides made up 11,101, are you going to try and lie some more and tell me otherwise? LOL what have you got to say about this statistic that I just proved you wrong?

* what's even more alarming is the total gun death in your country is actually much higher, in 2011 the total gun deaths was 32,163!!! Wow that is ridiculous. That includes gun suicides, manslaughters, and 'unexplained' gun deaths LOL. What you got to say about this statistic? Maybe a lot of americans are killing themselves because they hate your country, I'm not sure. If these people that commit suicide didn't have such easy access to a gun maybe they would still be ablive and be able to seek help to overcome their problems. Too late now though.

You keep spewing up more vomit to try and sound cool to your fellow gun toting americans whilst I provide the facts to discredit everything you are saying. You should quit while you are behind.

You say our homicide rate would have continued to decrease after 1996, what nonsense, you have a crystal ball do you? LOL. Everything plateaus at some stage and needs new stimulation to achieve the desired result. Almost like a bodybuilder who reaches his genetic potential so takes steroids to go even further.

You got served.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LMFAO, you just keep making yourself look more and more stupid as you don't even know your own countrys statistics!

Again you are wrong, GUNS ARE THE TOP WEAPON OF CHOICE in USA for total homicide.

* in 2011 your total homicides by ANY means was 15,953, of which firearm homicides made up 11,101, are you going to try and lie some more and tell me otherwise? LOL what have you got to say about this statistic that I just proved you wrong?

* what's even more alarming is the total gun death in your country is actually much higher, in 2011 the total gun deaths was 32,163!!! Wow that is ridiculous. That includes gun suicides, manslaughters, and 'unexplained' gun deaths LOL. What you got to say about this statistic? Maybe a lot of americans are killing themselves because they hate your country, I'm not sure. If these people that commit suicide didn't have such easy access to a gun maybe they would still be ablive and be able to seek help to overcome their problems. Too late now though.

You keep spewing up more vomit to try and sound cool to your fellow gun toting americans whilst I provide the facts to discredit everything you are saying. You should quit while you are behind.

You say our homicide rate would have continued to decrease after 1996, what nonsense, you have a crystal ball do you? LOL. Everything plateaus at some stage and needs new stimulation to achieve the desired result. Almost like a bodybuilder who reaches his genetic potential so takes steroids to go even further.

You got served.
You don't live here, you are NOT American, you are NOT important and you don't pay taxes here so your opinions on what our country should or shouldn't do have no bearing. You are welcome to have your opinions but because you are being less than cordial in this "debate," you can get lost.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
You live in one violent country full of rapists, violence and turmoil and you cant even defend yourself. Good luck with your goverment should they turn tyrannical on society (primary reason our 2nd Amendment was put into place,)......its a place Hitler, Mao and Stalin would love to rule.

LOL you've got no idea, more vomit you keep spewing up.

For starters, you're country has much more rape and violence evidenced by previous statistics I have posted.

Secondly, our country reports rape as part of a description of sexual assault, whereas your countrys definition is very black and white. Sexual assault doesn't just include rape in Australia. Sexual assault includes things as petty as sexual harassment. Sexual assault basically refers to any unwanted sexual behaviour which makes a person feel uncomfortable, threatened or scared. It covers a range of different types of assault. So to include this in your figures compared to actual RAPE figures in USA is laughable. Don't confuse rape with sexual assault because they mean totally different things, sexual assault can be so minor it's funny.

And for your information, your countrys reporting is actually not accounting for many many types of rape that happen in your country, read this interesting article from your country- (remove ** from www) w*w*w.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us/federal-rules-on-rape-statistics-criticized.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
You don't live here, you are NOT American, you are NOT important and you don't pay taxes here so your opinions on what our country should or shouldn't do have no bearing. You are welcome to have your opinions but because you are being less than cordial in this "debate," you can get lost.
LOL aw poor luke, you starting to realize how screwed up your countrys gun deaths are, evidenced with real facts which can't be argued against.
I'm glad I don't live in America, very glad, I just love to debate this topic which you gun toting americans are so ignorant towards.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards

You got served.
Just re-posting for you ax1 in case you missed it. :)

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
LOL you've got no idea, more vomit you keep spewing up.

For starters, you're country has much more rape and violence evidenced by previous statistics I have posted.

Secondly, our country reports rape as part of a description of sexual assault, whereas your countrys definition is very black and white. Sexual assault doesn't just include rape in Australia. Sexual assault includes things as petty as sexual harassment. Sexual assault basically refers to any unwanted sexual behaviour which makes a person feel uncomfortable, threatened or scared. It covers a range of different types of assault. So to include this in your figures compared to actual RAPE figures in USA is laughable. Don't confuse rape with sexual assault because they mean totally different things, sexual assault can be so minor it's funny.

And for your information, your countrys reporting is actually not accounting for many many types of rape that happen in your country, read this interesting article from your country- (remove ** from www) w*w*w.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us/federal-rules-on-rape-statistics-criticized.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
And if all the states in the U. S. allowed loaded open carry, how many rapes could we prevent. If a thug saw a woman toting a 45 do you really think he would f#%k with her.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
You're a real fcuking clown aren't ya? Murders happen everywhere! Murders happen in Australia! People get shot dead in Australia! Woop dee doo! What's your fcuking point? You dumb or what? The debate aint about eliminating murders because that will never happen. "Your country has it so down pat eh", what a stupid thing to say, our country has a low homicide rate and a very low firearm homicide rate which has more than halved since our gun reforms.

If you're not too dumb go back and read the whole thread, understand the debate, understand the facts and understand the statistics.

MOST of you gun toting americans are so dumb and ignorant.
I was posting in this thread way back when...oh thats right you forgot because you're narrow minded and only like to push e-buttons. You continue to show how awesome you are with all you special words. Stay classy computer tough guy!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just re-posting for you ax1 in case you missed it. :)
Oh stop, your just jealous your stuck living in a brutally violent drunkard 3rd world ses pool. You need to be saved.

Get in line, I'll be the first to welcome you to my country. I'll take you out to buy your first Bushmaster so you can finally get a taste of what real freedom is about. We can go target practice over some barbeque and O'douls with my neighbors and watch re-runs of my Giants winning the Superbowl.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL aw poor luke, you starting to realize how screwed up your countrys gun deaths are, evidenced with real facts which can't be argued against.
I'm glad I don't live in America, very glad, I just love to debate this topic which you gun toting americans are so ignorant towards.
LOL aw poor glawry, you starting to realize that none of us give a rat's back end what you think, evidenced with real disregard for your piased, uppity, ignorance. You think our gun laws are screwed up and yes I agree they are, but out of the thousands of laws about guns on the books, more laws is NOT the answer. The answer is to enforce the laws we already have, get rid of the panty-waist judges, prosecutors, and lawyers and not let the media give the attackers the spotlight - the attention they crave. Don't build these idiots up on the news so that others want to follow in their footsteps. Talk about the victims, their families and so on but don't do these " Inside the mind of a criminal: A special interview with the (insert shooting location) killer." With all that is wrong with our country (welfare, debt, jobs/lack there of, healthcare etc) you choose to harp on guns not because you really care about our country but because you obviously think you are better than Americans when in all actuality, you are not. As I said before, your opinions don't matter. You started this thread to stir a pot with no real intensions of having a real debate. So, while part of me hopes you get raped on the street after getting the crap beat out of you, the moral, rational and dominant part of me hopes that none of that happens to you or your loved ones.

Go ahead and keep reposting your previous posts like a little immature child sticking their fingers in their ears and saying, "Nah nah nah! I can't hear you!" Or like the kid that when bested says something like, "Oh yeah well.......well........you're a poo-head!"

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
LOL aw poor glawry, you starting to realize that none of us give a rat's back end what you think, evidenced with real disregard for your piased, uppity, ignorance. You think our gun laws are screwed up and yes I agree they are, but out of the thousands of laws about guns on the books, more laws is NOT the answer. The answer is to enforce the laws we already have, get rid of the panty-waist judges, prosecutors, and lawyers and not let the media give the attackers the spotlight - the attention they crave. Don't build these idiots up on the news so that others want to follow in their footsteps. Talk about the victims, their families and so on but don't do these " Inside the mind of a criminal: A special interview with the (insert shooting location) killer." With all that is wrong with our country (welfare, debt, jobs/lack there of, healthcare etc) you choose to harp on guns not because you really care about our country but because you obviously think you are better than Americans when in all actuality, you are not. As I said before, your opinions don't matter. You started this thread to stir a pot with no real intensions of having a real debate. So, while part of me hopes you get raped on the street after getting the crap beat out of you, the moral, rational and dominant part of me hopes that none of that happens to you or your loved ones.

Go ahead and keep reposting your previous posts like a little immature child sticking their fingers in their ears and saying, "Nah nah nah! I can't hear you!" Or like the kid that when bested says something like, "Oh yeah well.......well........you're a poo-head!"
Actually I hear you loud and clear.

It just really bugs me when I hear of 70 people getting murdered watching a movie or 20 young children getting murdered in schools by people who shouldnt have had such easy access to guns and high powered assault rifles. Yes it didn't happen in my country but it did happen to fellow human beings on this planet which I will still debate for regardless of which 'country' it is. The people that are debating for gun control including myself do so because we don't want to see innocent people getting murdered all the time, there needs to be some common ground on both sides of the fence to really make a positive change.

And it bugs me even more when gun toting americans are so ignorant about the facts and the only solution is MORE guns. It's absolute madness. There isn't just one solution but the answer is definitely not more guns.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Here is another link to a video clip from a popular american talk show host discussing with other americans on an american tv show, all very true-

(Remove ** from www)

w*w*w.infowars.com/bill-maher-the-second-amendment-is-bullsht/
And another thing that bugs me is when gun toting americans preach their 2nd amendment rights about needing protection from tyrannical governments. Cmon seriously? Lol that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, do you honestly think that america could/would ever declare war on it's own country? In this modern day and age? That's some real paranoid nonsense right there.

Just because a Law was passed 300 years ago by your 'founding fathers' doesn't make it right in this day and age in a completely different world.

Your country was founded by british invading america and almost wiping out the indigenous people that already lived there (pretty much just like how Australia was founded!).

Times change, Laws change as well.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually I hear you loud and clear.

It just really bugs me when I hear of 70 people getting murdered watching a movie or 20 young children getting murdered in schools by people who shouldnt have had such easy access to guns and high powered assault rifles. Yes it didn't happen in my country but it did happen to fellow human beings on this planet which I will still debate for regardless of which 'country' it is. The people that are debating for gun control including myself do so because we don't want to see innocent people getting murdered all the time, there needs to be some common ground on both sides of the fence to really make a positive change.

And it bugs me even more when gun toting americans are so ignorant about the facts and the only solution is MORE guns. It's absolute madness. There isn't just one solution but the answer is definitely not more guns.
At the movie theater, if American's were armed as they should be they would have taken that mo'fo out.

The school shooting was at a "Gun Free School Zone," like some criminal really gives a crap. If the teachers had guns first the shooter would have thought twice before attempting to go at a armed zone, second that mo'fo would have been taken out too.

The problem is the media feeds our population about only negative stories about guns, and never the countless times guns do save lives.

Guns are used in self defense here in the states a staggering 2.5 million times a year, close to 7 thousand times a day. Some 1/4 million women every year defend themselves against sexual assualt, something women in Australia are greatly deprived of.

Armed Americans kill more crooks than the police do, almost twice as much.

Im pissed off because here in New York I can't get a concealed carry for self defense purposes although I have a perfect clean record with a a college education. I know if I heard there was a terrorist event in my local public school as I was driving by, Id be the first to try to go and stop that bastard, but am crippled by my state goverment to do so.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And another thing that bugs me is when gun toting americans preach their 2nd amendment rights about needing protection from tyrannical governments. Cmon seriously? Lol that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, do you honestly think that america could/would ever declare war on it's own country? In this modern day and age? That's some real paranoid nonsense right there.

Just because a Law was passed 300 years ago by your 'founding fathers' doesn't make it right in this day and age in a completely different world.

Your country was founded by british invading america and almost wiping out the indigenous people that already lived there (pretty much just like how Australia was founded!).

Times change, Laws change as well.
We do have possible threats of foreign invasion from countries such as China, Russia, as well as others. To have a armed society is a responsible right we should all fight to protect.

Historically there is no way to tell when your own goverment may turn tyrannical, we did almost have a coup here in America by Prescott Bush on Roosevelt and the idea was to instill a fascist state. Democracies in the past have turned tyrannical. There is no telling if America's economy collapses what will happen to our goverment, or if hell breaks loose in society and people riot and people need to defend their turf. It's shown to work with all those armed Korean shopkeepers during the LA riots for example.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/04/la_riots_videos_youtube.php
How the Korean Merchants survived the L.A Riots | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
At the movie theater, if American's were armed as they should be they would have taken that mo'fo out.

The school shooting was at a "Gun Free School Zone," like some criminal really gives a crap. If the teachers had guns first the shooter would have thought twice before attempting to go at a armed zone, second that mo'fo would have been taken out too.

The problem is the media feeds our population about only negative stories about guns, and never the countless times guns do save lives.

Guns are used in self defense here in the states a staggering 2.5 million times a year, close to 7 thousand times a day. Some 1/4 million women every year defend themselves against sexual assualt, something women in Australia are greatly deprived of.

Armed Americans kill more crooks than the police do, almost twice as much.

Im pissed off because here in New York I can't get a concealed carry for self defense purposes although I have a perfect clean record with a a college education. I know if I heard there was a terrorist event in my local public school as I was driving by, Id be the first to try to go and stop that bastard, but am crippled by my state goverment to do so.
I understand what you are trying to say but I beg to differ.

What's your thoughts then on the Empire State Building shooting?

blogs.rgj.com/factchecker/2012/12/22/do-more-guns-lead-to-less-crime/

In this situation at the Empire State Building, Two police officers — trained professionals, not civilians — caught up with the shooter and opened fire, hitting him as well as NINE bystanders. And just to reiterate, this was by trained professionals, police officers, if it was a civilian with a gun instead this could easily have been much much worse, it could have been a bloodbath.

Fact, of the 62 mass shootings in the past 30 years in the United States, not one was stopped by a civilian with a gun.

This is evidence that what you are saying doesn't work (I'm not saying it would NEVER work but this is evidence suggesting it doesn't work).

So what have you got to say about this incident then? An honest answer will be appreciated without trying to change the subject or put a ridiculous spin on what 'you' might have done if 'you' were there.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

In this situation at the Empire State Building, Two police officers — trained professionals, not civilians — caught up with the shooter and opened fire, hitting him as well as NINE bystanders. And just to reiterate, this was by trained professionals, police officers, if it was a civilian with a gun instead this could easily have been much much worse, it could have been a bloodbath.

Fact, of the 62 mass shootings in the past 30 years in the United States, not one was stopped by a civilian with a gun.

This is evidence that what you are saying doesn't work (I'm not saying it would NEVER work but this is evidence suggesting it doesn't work).

So what have you got to say about this incident then? An honest answer will be appreciated without trying to change the subject or put a ridiculous spin on what 'you' might have done if 'you' were there.
With the Empire State Building shooting, of course it was trained police who got him. New York City has one of the most strict gun control laws in the country, people cant do much at all.

Its hard to predict if there would have been a bloodbath or not, you can even guess that if New York City was full of responsible armed civilians the incident may have never happened. I really dont know, unfortunate things happen and we cant guess a cop will be at every shooting, usually they are there after the shooting a majority of the time.

In regards to the 62 mass shootings and no civilians ever getting the shooter, there are many issues around the country such as people having a hard time getting a concealed license, people being comfortable and not taking the responsibility of taking up their arms or a combination of both. I personally want a concealed for personal and society self defense, but I cant as most New Yorkers living close to the city have strong issues doing so.

I want to reduce crime be reforming law as a whole. A good one is to decriminalize all drugs, we have spent over 1/2 a trillion dollars fighting the war on drugs since the early 70's when Nixon declared it and it has been nothing but a big disaster, wasted tax dollars and have empowered black market crime. Having a stable currency and economy as well as access to better education can help as well. Its a big topic just throwing random ideas there to keep it short.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards

Take into account that your average officer only qualifies once or twice a year... That is mkst likely the extent of them being a "trained professional." There are alot of cops and even more civilians that shoot for fun/sport or other and in doing so would be more proficient then an avg cop. Add to it the fact that adrenaline/atp/tunnel vision all hinder abilities jnder stress and in shooting ( life/death ) situations things like the above are bound to happen.

Unless you have ever been in a shooting or shot at etc... You never know how you will react.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Also your fact of mass shootings not being stopped by civilians.....i will find the story or an armed civilian in either Washington or Oregon who observed a man heading towards a shopping mall with a gun. He brandished his concealed weapon, confronted and shot at the man causing him to take cover and he took his own life. Most if not all the mass shooting suspects always take their own life at the first instance of resistance.
The suspect had several magazines and plenty of ammo to kill alot of people. He was stopped by a "civilian." Before he killed ANYONE.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
With the Empire State Building shooting, of course it was trained police who got him. New York City has one of the most strict gun control laws in the country, people cant do much at all.

Its hard to predict if there would have been a bloodbath or not, you can even guess that if New York City was full of responsible armed civilians the incident may have never happened. I really dont know, unfortunate things happen and we cant guess a cop will be at every shooting, usually they are there after the shooting a majority of the time.

In regards to the 62 mass shootings and no civilians ever getting the shooter, there are many issues around the country such as people having a hard time getting a concealed license, people being comfortable and not taking the responsibility of taking up their arms or a combination of both. I personally want a concealed for personal and society self defense, but I cant as most New Yorkers living close to the city have strong issues doing so.

I want to reduce crime be reforming law as a whole. A good one is to decriminalize all drugs, we have spent over 1/2 a trillion dollars fighting the war on drugs since the early 70's when Nixon declared it and it has been nothing but a big disaster, wasted tax dollars and have empowered black market crime. Having a stable currency and economy as well as access to better education can help as well. Its a big topic just throwing random ideas there to keep it short.
Thank you for your civilized response.

I partially agree with what you say. Laws definitely need to be reformed and on top of that they also need to be better enforced consistently across each state. Let's face it, yes there are states with tight guns laws but also with high gun crime, and a big part of that is the Laws are poorly being enforced. There are also states with tight gun laws with low gun crime, and vice versa. Hard to read too much into different state statistics as it's quite easy to carry a gun from a state to state, it's not like crossing the mexican border! Your states need to 'Unite' to have some common ground to make your country a safer place. My country ain't perfect by any means and I'm not debating that or other things which can be fixed (the world will never be perfect!), this is purely discussing the gun control debate as gun homicides make up a very large portion of your overall homicides, more than any other type of homicide.

Going back to the Empire State Building shooting, if 2 armed trained professional police officers can't even get it right with 9 innocent bystanders being shot, what would a civilian with a gun have made a difference?? I'm sure there are civilians that can shoot accurately but in general a trained professional police officer (or 2 in this case) SHOULD be able to put a lid on the situation better than any civilian with a gun could, do you agree??

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Also your fact of mass shootings not being stopped by civilians.....i will find the story or an armed civilian in either Washington or Oregon who observed a man heading towards a shopping mall with a gun. He brandished his concealed weapon, confronted and shot at the man causing him to take cover and he took his own life. Most if not all the mass shooting suspects always take their own life at the first instance of resistance.
The suspect had several magazines and plenty of ammo to kill alot of people. He was stopped by a "civilian." Before he killed ANYONE.
But this wasn't mass shootings. You don't even know if he would have even shot anyone, he could have just been an armed robber who may never have used his weapon. It's all 'what if' conjecture.

My fact was that of the mass shootings that HAVE happened, NONE ended with a civilian shooting the killer.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I partially agree with what you say. Laws definitely need to be reformed and on top of that they also need to be better enforced consistently across each state. Let's face it, yes there are states with tight guns laws but also with high gun crime, and a big part of that is the Laws are poorly being enforced. There are also states with tight gun laws with low gun crime, and vice versa. Hard to read too much into different state statistics as it's quite easy to carry a gun from a state to state, it's not like crossing the mexican border! Your states need to 'Unite' to have some common ground to make your country a safer place. My country ain't perfect by any means and I'm not debating that or other things which can be fixed (the world will never be perfect!), this is purely discussing the gun control debate as gun homicides make up a very large portion of your overall homicides, more than any other type of homicide.

Going back to the Empire State Building shooting, if 2 armed trained professional police officers can't even get it right with 9 innocent bystanders being shot, what would a civilian with a gun have made a difference?? I'm sure there are civilians that can shoot accurately but in general a trained professional police officer (or 2 in this case) SHOULD be able to put a lid on the situation better than any civilian with a gun could, do you agree??
Our states shouldnt exactly have a need to unite...they should already be united under our United States Constitution and respect our Bill or Rights. Unfortunately not only do our states fail to follow the rules of our Republic, but our Federal Government has and is heavily breaking Constitutional Law daily.

Our States have their own ability to have their own laws to an extent....people will never unite in this country, or anywhere, there are limits to uniting. Whats nice about this country is that having states is like having a bunch of little countries and should your local laws not be compatable with our needs you can move to another little country.

Going back to the Empire State Building shooting as you are requesting, guessing what a difference a civilian would have made is a hard guess (saying that people did have arms.) It could have been one shot and kill, could have been many more innocent shot by accident, who knows. Its a bit more complex than just handing out guns to everyone and expecting a perfect system and expecting perfect results.

I believe the 2nd Amendment bears a strong responsibility, we obviously need a well educated and trained society.

Civilians really need to get together and be involved with their own militias (law enforcement, military are welcome should they want to volunteer,) create their own independent law enforcement, independent military reserves, and be engaged in responsible training. Maybe implement gun training in our public education system. Having a 2nd Amendment should be both a right and a mature responsibility.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
I have a few questions I would like to put out there and would appreciate your view and response.

* Do you think that background checks should have been expanded to include gun shows and online purchases? If not, why not? Point in argue is that without the background checks anyone including mentally ill people like Adam Lanza or James Holmes can easily attain guns this way. I'm not asking if you think this would make much of a difference but it really can't make things any worse.

* Do you believe military style assault weapons and semi automatic guns should be banned and limits placed on high capacity ammunition magazines? If not, why not? There is really no need for this type of weaponry to be available to civilians. These type of weapons are the main choice for killers in mass shootings.

There is always much to debate but I would specifically like your honest views on the above mentioned.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Our states shouldnt exactly have a need to unite...they should already be united under our United States Constitution and respect our Bill or Rights. Unfortunately not only do our states fail to follow the rules of our Republic, but our Federal Government has and is heavily breaking Constitutional Law daily.

Our States have their own ability to have their own laws to an extent....people will never unite in this country, or anywhere, there are limits to uniting. Whats nice about this country is that having states is like having a bunch of little countries and should your local laws not be compatable with our needs you can move to another little country.

Going back to the Empire State Building shooting as you are requesting, guessing what a difference a civilian would have made is a hard guess (saying that people did have arms.) It could have been one shot and kill, could have been many more innocent shot by accident, who knows. Its a bit more complex than just handing out guns to everyone and expecting a perfect system and expecting perfect results.

I believe the 2nd Amendment bears a strong responsibility, we obviously need a well educated and trained society.

Civilians really need to get together and be involved with their own militias (law enforcement, military are welcome should they want to volunteer,) create their own independent law enforcement, independent military reserves, and be engaged in responsible training. Maybe implement gun training in our public education system. Having a 2nd Amendment should be both a right and a mature responsibility.
But you even said yourself that Laws need to be reformed, Laws need to change, Laws should change with the times. I agree with this. That's why I personally believe that your 300 year old Law (or right or whatever you want to call it), the 2nd Amendment, can and should change. I'm not going to get in a debate about your 2nd Amendment, it is what it is and I'm fighting a losing battle by trying to debate it on an american website with pro gun activists.

What I would like you to answer is, do you agree that Laws made up some 300 odd years ago in a COMPLETELY different world can and should change based on today's society's needs?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a few questions I would like to put out there and would appreciate your view and response.

* Do you think that background checks should have been expanded to include gun shows and online purchases? If not, why not? Point in argue is that without the background checks anyone including mentally ill people like Adam Lanza or James Holmes can easily attain guns this way. I'm not asking if you think this would make much of a difference but it really can't make things any worse.

* Do you believe military style assault weapons and semi automatic guns should be banned and limits placed on high capacity ammunition magazines? If not, why not? There is really no need for this type of weaponry to be available to civilians. These type of weapons are the main choice for killers in mass shootings.

There is always much to debate but I would specifically like your honest views on the above mentioned.
Actually I dont, the reason why is that it will turn to registration of all firearms in the United States giving goverment leverage over society and the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. A registry will give goverment a heavy advantage when it comes to door to door gun confiscation. Im against a goverment surveillance system which the USA is turning to as technology advances.

I believe people can buy whatever they want to buy. If they break the law put them to trial and throw them in prison, most people will use them responsibly. Why not have them? The 2nd Amendment was put there to protect against goverment tyranny or foreign invasion, what is a pistol or several shot gun going to do?

Also, it comes in handy when it comes to riots in times the citizen can only depend on his or herself for protection such as the Koreans stuck at the LA riots who used assualt style weapons to defend themselves against violent rioter

Limit on capacity ammunition? Carry another gun, or make your own magazine using a 3D printer, its easy and a small investment.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But you even said yourself that Laws need to be reformed, Laws need to change, Laws should change with the times. I agree with this. That's why I personally believe that your 300 year old Law (or right or whatever you want to call it), the 2nd Amendment, can and should change. I'm not going to get in a debate about your 2nd Amendment, it is what it is and I'm fighting a losing battle by trying to debate it on an american website with pro gun activists.

What I would like you to answer is, do you agree that Laws made up some 300 odd years ago in a COMPLETELY different world can and should change based on today's society's needs?
Our Bill of Rights is just something I like and want to protect, and to me it is as valid today as it was 300 years ago, and I can see being just as valid in another 300 years.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I dont think I really meant to say laws need to be reformed....Im more for restoration of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Its many of the reforms that have been taking place that bother me...not all but many.

Anyways hitting the sack have a good night (or day to you.)

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Actually I dont, the reason why is that it will turn to registration of all firearms in the United States giving goverment leverage over society and the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. A registry will give goverment a heavy advantage when it comes to door to door gun confiscation. Im against a goverment surveillance system which the USA is turning to as technology advances.

I believe people can buy whatever they want to buy. If they break the law put them to trial and throw them in prison, most people will use them responsibly. Why not have them? The 2nd Amendment was put there to protect against goverment tyranny or foreign invasion, what is a pistol or several shot gun going to do?

Also, it comes in handy when it comes to riots in times the citizen can only depend on his or herself for protection such as the Koreans stuck at the LA riots who used assualt style weapons to defend themselves against violent rioter

Limit on capacity ammunition? Carry another gun, or make your own magazine using a 3D printer, its easy and a small investment.
If you were invaded by a foreign country, you have one of the biggest army's in the world who are trained in battle to protect you. There seems to be many paranoid gun owners in america that will shout any ludicrous reason to keep their guns.

As stated previously, your current Laws are not working and your suggestion to allow civilians to carry concealed guns is very flawed as evidenced by the Empire State Building shooting. There really is not much more to point out in this debate, I have made many valid points with facts and evidence. I will leave this to rest, for now.

I'm glad this debate has at least become more civilized towards the latter stages. Has been quite an interesting debate.

Til next time :)

bossman523

Banned
Awards
the problem with this country is that the special interest groups (like the NRA) are allowed to contribute to campaigns and to political parties/political action groups in unlimited amounts. and then the lobbyists decide on Washington and call the shots. until that changes (and it probably never will), nothing's gonna change.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Here's an idea, if you think guns are so evil why don't you move to a place that has them banned, like the UK? We all know the UK has a very low crime rate..oh wait. Oh well, there are no examples in history of a country passing gun control and then killing a bunch of it's citizens....oh wait there was that whole Nazi Germany thing, Soviet Russia, China and others, but don't worry no one wants to do that in America. Go back and watch your reality tv and eat your genetically modified cherrioes. Why would anyone need a 100 round magazine? Because criminals have them. No laws are going to stop criminals. You know what will happen if there is a magazine limit? It'll create an even bigger black market. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if these gun control laws across the country are creating more gang members.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Here's an idea, if you think guns are so evil why don't you move to a place that has them banned, like the UK? We all know the UK has a very low crime rate..oh wait. Oh well, there are no examples in history of a country passing gun control and then killing a bunch of it's citizens....oh wait there was that whole Nazi Germany thing, Soviet Russia, China and others, but don't worry no one wants to do that in America. Go back and watch your reality tv and eat your genetically modified cherrioes. Why would anyone need a 100 round magazine? Because criminals have them. No laws are going to stop criminals. You know what will happen if there is a magazine limit? It'll create an even bigger black market. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if these gun control laws across the country are creating more gang members.
I live in Australia mate, gun control HAS worked here and I love my country.

I understand your country is faced with many differing factors though which makes things difficult. You can't say it won't work, no one has the magical answer, yet.

There has been much debating in this thread already with all possible valid points raised from both sides so nothing else really needs to be said.

Any further comments please go back and read the full thread first as everything has been covered off, several times.

This thread = finished for now

The issue = still ongoing

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As stated previously, your current Laws are not working and your suggestion to allow civilians to carry concealed guns is very flawed as evidenced by the Empire State Building shooting. There really is not much more to point out in this debate, I have made many valid points with facts and evidence. I will leave this to rest, for now.
Your example for the Empire State Building shooting isnt an example. People arent given concealed carry permits in New York City, or even anywhere around New York City especially the souther tier of New York State. New York State has some of the toughest gun control laws in the country.

the problem with this country is that the special interest groups (like the NRA) are allowed to contribute to campaigns and to political parties/political action groups in unlimited amounts. and then the lobbyists decide on Washington and call the shots. until that changes (and it probably never will), nothing's gonna change.
Thats the problem with this country, all our politicians are bought out by special interests and corporations. Without money you stand no chance at high office.

Keep in mind anti-gun lobby buys out politicians as well.

Politicians take oath of office, abolishing the 2nd Amendment is a crime.

I live in Australia mate, gun control HAS worked here and I love my country.

I understand your country is faced with many differing factors though which makes things difficult. You can't say it won't work, no one has the magical answer, yet.
You can easily say it wont work, Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws in the planet, yet have a far higher armed homicide rate than the USA.

You cant necessarily say that if it worked in your country it will work in others. I still dont see how it did, with 5,000+ homicides a year in ratio to the population in the USA, and your crime rate the worst ratio in the world. Your country is extremely flawed (as is the rest of the world) and society there is weak if you went to war or your goverment became tyrannical. As one good example, 200,000 women a year use guns to prevent sexual assault in the USA, women in Australia are left defenseless. The UK is considered the crime capital of Europe.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
But this wasn't mass shootings. You don't even know if he would have even shot anyone, he could have just been an armed robber who may never have used his weapon. It's all 'what if' conjecture.

My fact was that of the mass shootings that HAVE happened, NONE ended with a civilian shooting the killer.
My facts were a bit off, the shooter killed two people and when he saw the civilian with a gun he then took his own life. the civilian never shot at him just took aim. In fact this story kinds blows a whole in your "trained professional" post where you said that a civilian could have done more damage. The civilian took aim, saw people behind the shooter and decided "not to shoot" for fear of hitting them.

Clackamas mall shooter faced man with concealed weapon | kgw.com Portland

1* Do you think that background checks should have been expanded to include gun shows and online purchases? If not, why not? Point in argue is that without the background checks anyone including mentally ill people like Adam Lanza or James Holmes can easily attain guns this way. I'm not asking if you think this would make much of a difference but it really can't make things any worse.

2* Do you believe military style assault weapons and semi automatic guns should be banned and limits placed on high capacity ammunition magazines? If not, why not? There is really no need for this type of weaponry to be available to civilians. These type of weapons are the main choice for killers in mass shootings.

I put numbers by your asterix and will answer them in kind...

1) Background checks are already in place at gun shows and online purchases. The stats that the gov't spits out are made up. The numbers that they are skweing are regarding person to person ( not at a show ) sales for which there are state laws in place depending on the type of firearms being sold. The second part of that is "and-me-downs" from family members or guns being inherited. I have been to countless guns hows and have numerous friends who have all been to gun shows and purchased guns and we have "ALWAYS" had background checks done. The lies about needing more background checks are ridiculous......we need to better enforce those laws that are already on the books.

***adam lanza KILLED his mother and took HER guns which she purchased legally. No background check could have thwarted that.

2)Banning military assault "style" or " looking" weapons is null and void. The militray versions as you well know are full auto and these are not so it is a mute point really. As for the banning of semi-auto weapons, I would just refer you to our "this threads" previous arguments about banning guns period. You simply can't for one as all it would do is take semi-autos out of the hands of law abiding citizens giving them what? Revolvers? Muzzle Loaders? Pump Shotguns? with which to defend themselves from criminals who will always have semi-autos. It is simply impossible to "ban all weapons" here as there are simply too many in the country to get rid of them all.

Also we here in America have a huge dis-advantage that you don't have....a third world country attached to our southern border that all sorts of drugs and guns that come from it. That provides an endless supply to the criminals ( read, non-law abiding citizens ).

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like y'all a bunch of gun toting hillbilly rednecks.

USA should follow in the foot steps of Australia. I have been to Australia several times and have friends that live there and i can say firsthand how much safer it is there (BTW i have travelled the world and seen it all).

No one carries guns there, there is no gun shops anywhere and very hard to get a hold of a gun. When the reforms were brought in, the government offered a buy-back scheme to subsidise people giving up their guns and this proved very successful. Obviously this doesnt take all the guns off the street but over the years 2 things happened. 1) anyone caught with a gun got sent to jail and gun confiscated obviously, and 2) the small number of guns that were floating around- how cheap do u think these were to buy on the black market? Quite expensive due to being very hard to get and for most criminals they just couldnt afford to buy one. Obviously this takes time for this to work, its not an overnight fix. And NO, other violent crime did not significantly rise in the country, just the number of guns deaths significantly reduced. As i said, i have been to Australia several times and can say firsthand how safe it is to live there.

I still want to know when you BECAME Australian? When you started the thread you didn't live there...

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Your example for the Empire State Building shooting isnt an example. People arent given concealed carry permits in New York City, or even anywhere around New York City especially the souther tier of New York State. New York State has some of the toughest gun control laws in the country.

Thats the problem with this country, all our politicians are bought out by special interests and corporations. Without money you stand no chance at high office.

Keep in mind anti-gun lobby buys out politicians as well.

You can easily say it wont work, Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws in the planet, yet have a far higher homicide rate than the USA.

You cant necessarily say that if it worked in your country (although I still dont see how it did, with 5,000+ homicides a year in ratio to the population in the USA, and your crime rate the worst ratio in the world) as your country is extremely flawed as well and society is weak if you went to war or your goverment became tyrannical.
LMFAO, you are a real fcuking stupid dumb khunt. I actually thought your debating was getting more civilized but now you are just spewing more garbage. Your stupid comments are quite annoying.

To cover off your lies in point-

* The Empire State Building shooting IS a prime example, if police can't even safely handle the situation with guns then how would a civilian have been able to do any better then 2 trained professional police. A civilian shootout COULD and would likely have been much worse than police shooting. It's really not that hard to understand.

* Mexico has strict Laws but they are not enforced at all so their Laws are useless. It's pretty much a third world country where drug cartels run the show. Poor comparison mate, this was covered earlier in the thread. You just brang yourself down several levels for such a stupid comparison.

* Lastly, your ratios are way off. Our annual TOTAL homicides are around 250 with a population of just under 25 million. Your population is a bit more than 10 times our population so an equivalent ratio would be more like 2500 TOTAL homicides. Your countrys TOTAL homicides is 16,000 with firearm homicides making up 11,000. And wtf how on earth do we have the worst crime rate? ROFL we are one of the safest countries and much safer than your country, these facts have been covered off earlier in the thread.

** Also we don't live in fear of our government becoming tyrannical, that's just paranoia at it's finest. No worries in our country mate. And if we went to war that's what we have an ARMY for which billions of dollars are spent on every year (trillions in your country). We also have close Allys including UK and USA because our country supports your country in every stupid crusade like Iraq and Afghanistan.

You've pretty much lost all credibility now ax1. Unless you can constructively debate or at least not spit out lies and rubbish then don't speak at all. I actually feel embarassed for you.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Most cops are not overly proficient in shooting. They are more of the "spray and pray" type. Meaning that most of their shots will never hit the target. Most of their shots are cover fire to keep the perp pinned down. I've shot against some officers in competitions and was very surprised at how poor of shots some really are.

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
I still want to know when you BECAME Australian? When you started the thread you didn't live there...
I clearly made up being american because I first wanted you to think the debate was from someone in your own country, as you discredit anyone from outside your country that tries to debate the matter. But in the end I just went with the truth.

Is that ok with you son of swan?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I clearly made up being american because I first wanted you to think the debate was from someone in your own country, as you discredit anyone from outside your country that tries to debate the matter. But in the end I just went with the truth.

Is that ok with you son of swan?
I think you're completely full of shyt, and want to take a contrarian position while you pretend (now) that you're Australian.

But whatever pegs your perkymeter; lying to anonymous people on the Internet is SUPER COOL!

Glawry

Glawry

Banned
Awards
Most cops are not overly proficient in shooting. They are more of the "spray and pray" type. Meaning that most of their shots will never hit the target. Most of their shots are cover fire to keep the perp pinned down. I've shot against some officers in competitions and was very surprised at how poor of shots some really are.
Pretty poor comparison mate. There are 10's of thousands of police in your country and you have shot against 'some officers'. You don't know most cops so you can't speak on behalf of most cops.

That is all.