you ever go junk food crazy after a diet?

sinkheadhxc

Awards
I recently went from 205 down to 175 in a matter of 3 months... not too bad. I did no cardio, just a strict, lean, nutritious diet, crushing all of my macro and micro needs quite well.

for the past month and a half though, I've gone completely insane. I still eat healthy, generally (all of my groceries are top notch), but I've been hitting fast food and ****ty restaurants hard. I can't stop.

i'm not really complaing since i'm back to 190... but look great. i'm definitely flabbier but I look huge and have been making great strength gains (beyond 531). i'll consider this a successful bulk thus far ;)

i'm sure to clean it up again soon but I figured it'd be funny to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. its only so long until I hate myself for destroying my arteries with duo's of five guys burgers. and you bet ur ass i'm pounding the peanuts while I stand in line

mayhem99

mayhem99

Awards
I am with you right now I just came off of my cut and i had a pretty bad week with junk food not sure why either I have never been one to eat junk since I lost all my weight the first time though its crazy. You mentioned 5 guys and all i could think was DOUBLE BACON BURGER drrooolll. I love that place its my mental stability meal place that's what I call them. Once about every two weeks I go out and eat what ever the heck I want to so I don't go crazy counting macros. Has to start that after a year of hard strict dieting I lost my mind and went on a bender gained a bunch of weight back friend of mine stop me and help get back on track. That is where the free meals come in for me I do them on bulk and cut now and it helps.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
Maybe just the body trying to regain homeostasis? I think you have to keep a weight for a fairly long time before your body adapts and stops trying to return to your previous weight. My guess anyway

mayhem99

mayhem99

Awards
I have always had that idea in the back of my mind but never really put it to practice. I think I just might. Now the question is how long to hold said weight before making a change.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Yeah, happens to me after each contest. Problem is that I use to let it go to long. So recently I started creating my own healthy "cheats" if you will that I can carry with me throughout the day. Has helped a lot.

Some things are like:
Protein icecream
Protein bars
Protein pudding
Cookies

I am a big sweets guy more than anything, reason why its all dessert type stuff. Always willing to give out the recipes if you think it might help you out.

Alastair123

Awards
The first effect of eating junk food is its impact on energy levels. Many people skip breakfast or other meals throughout the day, choosing instead to grab a quick snack or a soft drink.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Yeah, happens to me after each contest. Problem is that I use to let it go to long. So recently I started creating my own healthy "cheats" if you will that I can carry with me throughout the day. Has helped a lot.

Some things are like:
Protein icecream
Protein bars
Protein pudding
Cookies

I am a big sweets guy more than anything, reason why its all dessert type stuff. Always willing to give out the recipes if you think it might help you out.
Protien ice cream sounds amazing! Ice cream is my biggest weakness :)
I have been mixing a big spoonful of peanut butter with a scoop or 2 of Trutein's cho/pb and a squirt of non sweetened Almond milk and been freezing that for a couple of hours, it taste almost like ice cream and keeping my cravings at bay.

Pls share yours :)

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Take a couple fists full of ice cubes, or if you use a fridge and can get crushed ice that works too.

Put in blender till slightly chopped (Skip if you are using crushed ice)

Add 1/2 cup of milk of your choice to a shaker cup with a couple scoops of protein to thick shake as it will thin out with the ice.

Add mix to blender are let it rip!

I now have a vitamix so this goes quick and i can eat it right away, but my old blender after all the ice was chopped up so I didnt ahve to eat ice cubes it would be some what of a liquid. Put in a big bowl as you can fit in freezer as it will freeze faster and mix occasionally till desired consitancy.

Sorry for the last part so blah, on phone and hard to type all this on there.

Qeustions let me know :)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Take a couple fists full of ice cubes, or if you use a fridge and can get crushed ice that works too.

Put in blender till slightly chopped (Skip if you are using crushed ice)

Add 1/2 cup of mitlk of your choice to a shaker cup with a couple scoops of protein to thick shake as it will thin out with the ice.

Add mix to blender are let it rip!

I now have a vitamix so this goes quick and i can eat it right away, but my old blender after all the ice was chopped up so I didnt ahve to eat ice cubes it would be some what of a liquid. Put in a big bowl as you can fit in freezer as it will freeze faster and mix occasionally till desired consitancy.

Sorry for the last part so blah, on phone and hard to type all this on there.

Qeustions let me know :)
Nice, that's actually the way my wife does it, I like to add pb because it doesn't get so "hard" when frozen.

Thanks!

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
you probably feel deprived... I force on nice ****ty meal every sunday..... Sunday is my out of macro/calorie day....

Knowing that i will have a good cheat on Sunday keeps me cool during the week...

Doing that i dropped about 50 pounds in a few months...

i also do a big back/dead lift workout before that cheat.. Works wonders

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had shoulder surgery a month ago and ate like **** the first week after. I had been working out and eating great right up until the surgery, then being stuck to the couch for a week with the pain meds I just ate crap. After that week I felt like crap from being on the couch and eating like that so went back to eating healthy and doing what I can in the gym. Feel so much better.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
heres a quick recipe for a topping on your icecream treats..

make a chocholate simi-sludge (I like iforce protean and various other brands) using heated coconut oil and water.. pour on top of ice cream and as soon as the coconut oil cools it will turn it into a hard choc shell topping.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
heres a quick recipe for a topping on your icecream treats..

make a chocholate simi-sludge (I like iforce protean and various other brands) using heated coconut oil and water.. pour on top of ice cream and as soon as the coconut oil cools it will turn it into a hard choc shell topping.
I like that, good idea!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you kinda gotta play around a few times to get it right depending on the brand protein you use... I have some isotean on the way that's choc flavor that I hope
is gonna get this perfected!!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I use Trutein's Choc/PB and love putting that in dessert! I mix that with pb and Almond milk, freeze for a couple of hours and getting my own home made protein ice cream :)

Jackriddle

Awards
I am crazy for junk food and because of that have fat. But after some time, I know about the nutrition plan of USP labs and I seriously follow that. They improve my diet plan and balance my junk food craziness with their balanced ingredients. They suggest to mix eggs, fat free cheese and Ezekiel bread that improves my health without stopping sandwiches. :)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
They suggest to mix eggs, fat free cheese and Ezekiel bread that improves my health without stopping sandwiches. :)
Toasted Ezekiel bread with peanut butter is my midday snack during diet, it's great and keep my cravings down!