Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LOL good sales pitch

But anyway, here you go again with the controversial's: 3 weeks fasting XD

I haven't fasted for a single day in my life. But I've read that after a few days, ghrelin goes away, and then it becomes much easier. As you say, after a couple of days...
Try being homeless. (No, don’t.)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This has not, by any measure, been a clean bulk... 10 days just will not be enough time to shred me after this bulk, but 21 will.

Honestly, if you can fast 10 days you can fast 21. After day 5 you're able to just completely dissociate from any desire to eat, especially when every morning you wake up visibly leaner. People who haven't fasted don't really understand that your appetite vanishes after a few days and doesn't really return until you've exhausted nearly all of your fat reserves -- generally about 5-6% bodyfat. Fasting also feels good once you're deep into it. Your mind is razor sharp, all senses are heightened, energy is seemingly boundless, and there is an ever-present feeling of euphoria and power. You feel like you're in a bubble that is your own tiny universe, and all problems seem easily surmountable.

It's also pretty awesome to witness a decade of aging just vanish from your face in less than a month, and that first lift after fasting is always the best one ever.
So will you do any training during this time, or strictly low intensity cardio? Also, will you consume literally anything else (Naltrexone, green tea for example) or 100% strictly water?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
So will you do any training during this time, or strictly low intensity cardio? Also, will you consume literally anything else (Naltrexone, green tea for example) or 100% strictly water?
No training, just long urban hikes.

For the first few days I’ll probably do black coffee/green tea to prevent raging caffeine withdrawal. No other drugs except oral hydrocortisone if my energy is zapped and I need to do something important or that requires stamina, like a 4 hour drive.

Forgot to mention, I’ll also be consuming electrolytes: NaCl, KCl, Ca-citrate, MgCl dissolved in water with a little lemon juice and stevia to make it palatable. Probably 9/10 fasting-related side effects (hypotension, bradycardia, nausea, dizziness, weakness, fatigue) are due to electrolyte imbalances. Fasting with electrolytes is a breeeeeeeze...

So it’s not a “pure” water fast, but those suck and are very hard to stick with.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established

Me too — as a child, twice, in an inner city. I’m pretty (read: very) messed up psychologically because of it, even decades later.

Homelessness is a literal every day traumatic event to experience. You either go nuts or go numb, those are the only two options.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
LOL good sales pitch

But anyway, here you go again with the controversial's: 3 weeks fasting XD
My ex-wives all say the same thing: “I honestly don’t know if you’re a super-genius or totally insane.”

Umm, both. Duh.

I haven't fasted for a single day in my life. But I've read that after a few days, ghrelin goes away, and then it becomes much easier. As you say, after a couple of days...
I’ve yet to get someone to fast for at least 7 days who hasn’t called it the most profound experience of their life.

You really get to see and prove to yourself just how tough and resilient you are. Fasting changes you — death isn’t really scary any more. You’ve deliberately stared it down, at least as far as your psyche is concerned. You learn to accept the hunger and the boredom and the cravings and the grief (yes, seriously) of abstaining from food and then realize that you are essentially accepting your own mortality and the fact that someday you will die, while at the same time being in complete control.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve yet to get someone to fast for at least 7 days who hasn’t called it the most profound experience of their life.
I have yet to meet someone who willingly fasted for seven days or more who wasn’t a total ****bag hippie.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I’m going to give an extended fast a whirl at some point in March or April, once I’ve finished this cycle and PCT. I have been interested in it since learning about the immune system and regenerative benefits, but strength goals have always gotten in the way.

Gonna get weak dieting for my wedding in May anyway - might as well get to my new leverages faster so I can start relearning there.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you fast for 3 weeks you're going to lose a ton of strength! I fasted for 48 hours and felt like ****.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you fast for 3 weeks you're going to lose a ton of strength! I fasted for 48 hours and felt like ****.
Most definitely. But only 7-10 days is basically a long deload from training, and once you get filled back out there shouldn’t be a big drop off. We’re only talking about 5-10lbs bodyweight lost probably in that time.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You do not need "prolactin control" on a Deca/NPP cycle

Most definitely. But only 7-10 days is basically a long deload from training, and once you get filled back out there shouldn’t be a big drop off. We’re only talking about 5-10lbs bodyweight lost probably in that time.
Personally man when I deload I eat like a mother****er or I will lose all strength GAINZ from the overreach period.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally man when I deload I eat like a mother****er or I will lose all strength GAINZ from the overreach period.
Sure, but I will lose strength coming off cycle as well as losing weight in general. You can’t be at full strength year round, not the biggest strongest version of you. There needs to be time where bodyweight/fat is healthier and not pushing drugs.

Brian Shaw at the Arnold is over 430lbs & red in the face. Brian Shaw, when I met him at the Olympia just doing meet & greets, was maybe 380 and looked healthy as a horse.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sure, but I will lose strength coming off cycle as well as losing weight in general. You can’t be at full strength year round, not the biggest strongest version of you. There needs to be time where bodyweight/fat is healthier and not pushing drugs.

Brian Shaw at the Arnold is over 430lbs & red in the face. Brian Shaw, when I met him at the Olympia just doing meet & greets, was maybe 380 and looked healthy as a horse.
Right but he’s also at the top of the limit of possible strength for a human body. We aren’t. I don’t like busting my ass only to take a week off and end up back where I was before I just busted my ass.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right but he’s also at the top of the limit of possible strength for a human body. We aren’t. I don’t like busting my ass only to take a week off and end up back where I was before I just busted my ass.
That's weird. Wat do you do? Do you increase volume steadily through the messocycle untill you functionally overreach and then deload? How does your deload week look like?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not trying to sound like a jerk (or derail this any further), but if a week deload makes you so much weaker that it isn’t made back up in the following week of training then your training has some flaws that can be optimized to fix that.

Not worried about where I am 2 weeks from now - I’m worried about 1,3,5,10 years from now. True strength takes time to develop.

Reactions: Nac

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I think I’m going to give an extended fast a whirl at some point in March or April, once I’ve finished this cycle and PCT. I have been interested in it since learning about the immune system and regenerative benefits, but strength goals have always gotten in the way.

Gonna get weak dieting for my wedding in May anyway - might as well get to my new leverages faster so I can start relearning there.
Go ketogenic for 7-14 days first and when you end your fast you'll have lost ZERO natural strength. Fasting is like running a very short and very high dose cycle of rHGH, somewhere on the order of 16-20 iu/day.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
That's because you stopped right before it got easy. If you had waited 1-2 more days, you'd have been fine. The first 72 hours of a fast for any person who isn't fat-adapted is utterly horrible.

People quit 2 days in because they mistakenly think the whole fast feels like that. It doesn't. By day 5, you feel considerably better, stronger, faster than normal.

But what do I know? I've only been fasting off-and-on for 10 years.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Update: Cruising along nicely 600/600/600 TE/NPP/Mast E, still running Clomid at 25 and Naltrexone at 25. Honestly feeling pretty awesome. Only thing that could make this better would be 30 mg of pharma Var ED.

Still not running any prolactin control...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update: Cruising along nicely 600/600/600 TE/NPP/Mast E, still running Clomid at 25 and Naltrexone at 25. Honestly feeling pretty awesome. Only thing that could make this better would be 30 mg of pharma Var ED.

Still not running any prolactin control...
My nipples start lactating just by reading this...

But maybe you are right and the DHT + naltrexone is doing something to prevent it, or you are just not that sensitive to prolactin.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's because you stopped right before it got easy. If you had waited 1-2 more days, you'd have been fine. The first 72 hours of a fast for any person who isn't fat-adapted is utterly horrible.

People quit 2 days in because they mistakenly think the whole fast feels like that. It doesn't. By day 5, you feel considerably better, stronger, faster than normal.

But what do I know? I've only been fasting off-and-on for 10 years.
So how long do you fast for?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
My nipples start lactating just by reading this...

But maybe you are right and the DHT + naltrexone is doing something to prevent it, or you are just not that sensitive to prolactin.
Well, given that opiates, endogenous or otherwise, block DA's inhibition of PRL release, it would make sense that a pure opioid antagonist like Naltrexone would reduce PRL levels.

The dose I'm taking though is 1/2 of the smallest starting dose and is not considered sufficient to effect full opioid blockade. So it seem unlikely that the NTX is profoundly suppressing PRL, although it may be contributing to a small degree.

It's the Masteron. When I pinned the Mast P (after running 50 mg of Aromasin and 120 mg of Torem, total, over two days) that's when the flare stopped cold in about 6-8 hours, which is about the time that levels were peaking. The Aromasin and Torem helped, but it was most certainly the Mast that crushed what would have absolutely become gyno.

I've had no further issues, and am once again considering bumping the T to 875 while keeping the Mast E at 600... I'd be hitting it Test P and cycling off the Test E if I decide to do this. And yes, I know this will spike my plasma T well above what it would be at 875 TE -- that's the point. I've never feared gyno and I'm not going to start now...

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
That will be a cool experiment
I may post some before and after pics:

1. End of cycle, muscled up, fat (fattest I've been in years) and watery
2. End of PCT and beginning of 14 day keto
3. End of keto and starting fast
4. End of fast
5. End of fast after glycogen refill and with a pump

We'll see. I tend to be camera shy, which is why I took down my avatar even though it was dope AF (been hanging around my nephews who say this constantly -- "That's dope A-F!!").

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Car accident -- cycle is shot. Grade II AC joint separation and 2 herniated discs.

My lifting days might be done.

Yay.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Car accident -- cycle is shot. Grade II AC joint separation and 2 herniated discs.

Yay.
Well, that certainly is an unexpected turn of events.

I do wish you a speedy healing and rehabilitation.

God luck and good speed.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yay.
Damn bro that sucks.... I have 3 herniated discs lift 5x per week.... There's hope. Hope the rehab and recovery goes good. Youre a smart dude I'm sure you'll figure out the most helpful ways to recover. Good luck Spurf

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yay.
You will be lifting again. Heads up, its just another challenge!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m very sorry to hear this.

I have multiple herniated discs and just deadlift 600lbs and overhead pressed 263lbs on New Year’s Eve. 10 days ago I ran a 650lb yoke on my back 65ft in about 15 seconds. You can come back better than ever.

Look up the work of Dr. Stuart McGill. Stay patient and be driven - it will be worth the climb.