Y'all I need help with dieting...

big_lando

Awards
Hi. I'm relatively new to all the dieting and stuff. I've been a football player my whole life (offensive line:guard). So normally you gotta be a big guy. But recently I've been trying to get away from that and I want to lose body fat but gain Muscle. I'm not new to weight lifting but I don't know how to diet properly.
•17 years old
•I practice 4 days a week but in the gym 1.5 hours a day except Sunday's
•5'11"
•255lbs
Any help is much appreciated and all is welcome

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Few simple rules to follow:
-only drink water
-don't eat fast food
-limit carbs/sugar

Macros, meal timing, fasting, ect... are things you can look into once you master the basics.
I personally love the Keto diet. Simple diet, just don't eat carbs.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely check out a solid keto diet like allbrawn has said. That's the best diet for losing weight in my opinion because you're cutting out carbs. I wouldn't go straight to a keto diet I would try to slowly lower your carbs until you get to the keto diet completely.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
If keto is too hard core right away, try just cutting out all white flour, white potatoes, white rice, sugar and fried foods to start with.

big_lando

Awards
If keto is too hard core right away, try just cutting out all white flour, white potatoes, white rice, sugar and fried foods to start with.
I think I'll go with this and interchange with keto every so often. But thank all of y'all. So far i can already tell a difference the way I'm looking in the mirror and how my clothes are fitting

Sent from my iPhone using AnabolicMinds mobile app

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doing any cardio? People have their opinions but I am a huge believer of fasted cardio first thing in the morn.

big_lando

Awards
Do you see a good result. Like do you actually see an impact? double s

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
You can't get fit without cardio. Fasted cardio is a personal preference. For some people it works great. Whatever works, eh?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you see a good result. Like do you actually see an impact? double s
So when I was getting ready for a show, I always did fasted cardio and had an impeccable diet so results were very noticeable. I have been in the industry for a while and "polled" some of the Pros, Bob Ciccherillo, Shawn Ray, David Dearth and many others about fasted cardio. They all did it. Granted I am comparing apples to oranges BUT regardless if you are doing fasted or not, cardio should be incorporated. So many people worry about how the muscles look on the outside but forget the most important muscle of all....the heart.

At the end of the day/week, you need to burn off more calories than you intake, case closed.

big_lando

Awards
So when I was getting ready for a show, I always did fasted cardio and had an impeccable diet so results were very noticeable. I have been in the industry for a while and "polled" some of the Pros, Bob Ciccherillo, Shawn Ray, David Dearth and many others about fasted cardio. They all did it. Granted I am comparing apples to oranges BUT regardless if you are doing fasted or not, cardio should be incorporated. So many people worry about how the muscles look on the outside but forget the most important muscle of all....the heart.

At the end of the day/week, you need to burn off more calories than you intake, case closed.
Hahha amen! Yea I do some cardio but I'll start doing fasted cardio and see if I notice any difference if I don't should I change up diet?

Sent from my iPhone using AnabolicMinds mobile app