Women at the gym!

jessicalykwan

Awards
I know this is kind of out of topic but can you really workout to get ur bum bigger? Most females are trying to lose their butt but I actually need some! And uummm is there anyway of trying to get rid of cellulite off your bum as well?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I know this is kind of out of topic but can you really workout to get ur bum bigger? Most females are trying to lose their butt but I actually need some! And uummm is there anyway of trying to get rid of cellulite off your bum as well?
cellulite has to do with genetics. Want a bigger bum? Squat heavy. and try some deadlifts.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cellulite , not so much. But as far as the butt shaping goes, its got muscle also so you can build the muscle there.
Do squats, walking barbell lunges and exercise like that to hit that area!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deeeep squats.

Squatting deep puts you in that bucket that uses your glutes to get out of.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
good post women read this thread its a must to help you get into the best shape of your life and also if your man lifts ask him to take you with him and show you somethings im sure he will probably love it cuz i love takin my lady to the gym and havin her workout as well, its hot to see a girl actually pushin some weight and not them rinky dink 5ib DB's ya kno

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Women at the gym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women at the gym
By Kristin Reisinger

Let me explain. Through the years I have seen many women in the gym lifting these rinky-dink, pink and purple hand weights barely breaking a sweat. I see the same girls do three cardio classes in a row and spend countless hours on the treadmill like hamsters on a habitrail pondering why their bodies look exactly the same as they did six months ago. These are the same girls that come up to me and ask me repeatedly what I do to look the way I do or what do I eat or do I even eat. I even overheard a girl once say, "I'm doing so good today... I only had a bagel and a salad." The list is endless and it is endlessly frustrating.

I wish I had a megaphone right now. Ladies... you need to lift HEAVY to have a physique like the chick from Terminator! When you feel like you can't squeeze out any more reps... do two more! Get calluses on your hands... your man will love it. So many of you comment on how much you'd love to have a body like Madonna or Angela Bassett or Gabrielle Reece but most of you don't do anything to get it! Do you think these women work out with tiny little dumbbells and their bodies look like that by mistake?

Do you even know how hard it is and how much meticulous planning and preparation (and testosterone!) it takes to put on muscle and "bulk up" like a professional bodybuilder? I've been lifting as hard and heavy as any guy I know for two years and I keep getting smaller and leaner! I look sexier and more feminine than ever before, too.

By really lifting weights and stressing your muscles you will increase your lean mass, and since it is this lean mass (muscle tissue) that burns fat, you will have the capacity to burn more fat even at rest. Combining this with a moderate amount of cardiovascular activity (not three step classes in a row) will turn your body into a fat burning machine. Too much cardio works against you and will eventually begin to utilize your hard-earned lean muscle tissue for energy which is NOT the desired goal.

"It's all about ATTITUDE," says Fortress, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would venture to say us women need to dish out even more of it than men...."

You also need to EAT. Your need to fuel your body with the appropriate foods for energy as well as protein for the build up and reparation of muscle tissue. Starving yourself is NOT the answer and is more detrimental than most of you realize. It will slow down your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and hang on to every last bit of bagel you consume as stored energy (fat).

By eating small, low-fat meals throughout the day incorporating a protein source with good sources of fibrous and complex carbohydrates will stabilize your insulin levels and sustain your energy levels. This will prevent your body from going into starvation mode while giving you all the building blocks you need for developing and shaping your muscles. Plus, you actually get to eat more!

"...the gym is our domain as much as any man."

"It's all about ATTITUDE," says Fortress, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would even venture to say us women need to dish out even more of it than men. If I had a nickel for every time I witness some girl feeling intimidated in the gym because of the presence of a man or give up a machine or a bench because some dude is waiting for it, I'd have a bank account like Arnold. I have gone up to girls in the gym and yelled at them for doing that.

Where's your damn backbone?! Self-esteem, confidence and an all-around, I don't give a **** attitude are all part of the package that go along with my philosophies on training like a woman which is far more attractive than a whole heap of mascara, lip gloss and eye liner. And the gym is our domain as much as any man.

Training like a woman is a synergistic framework allowing everything else in life to fall into place that much smoother including relationships, career or whatever you allow it to flow into. Having a great body is merely a fringe benefit. So ladies, to quote a very wise person, "Go hard or go home," especially if you're a woman
is article and enjoyed the read:
Awesome...I love asking the boys to step aside while I grab the 45lb DBs for presses. I also love asking for a spot with 45plates on the rack. And when I have these cardio queens ask me these questions about how do I have what I have...I ask her to excuse me while I rep out a set of wide-grip pullups. I find it to be satisfying to live as an example for working hard in the gym but looking like a woman.

It sends the message..."not only could I steal your man if I wanted him...but I could kick your @$$ if you objected to it." What woman doesn't want that power :smite:

Wonderful post!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Awesome...I love asking the boys to step aside while I grab the 45lb DBs for presses. I also love asking for a spot with 45plates on the rack. And when I have these cardio queens ask me these questions about how do I have what I have...I ask her to excuse me while I rep out a set of wide-grip pullups. I find it to be satisfying to live as an example for working hard in the gym but looking like a woman.

It sends the message..."not only could I steal your man if I wanted him...but I could kick your @$$ if you objected to it." What woman doesn't want that power :smite:

Wonderful post!
This is too funny and great!

There's a girl at my gym that puts me to shame on the BB squat - I saw her doing about 300 lbs the other day.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I actually just today saw a girl doing curls with one of those damn baby blue weights. Does that even do anything? I mean what is the f*cking point of even going to the gym when she probably lifts more weight when she picks up her gym bag.

DT5

Awards
  • Established

It sends the message..."not only could I steal your man if I wanted him...but I could kick your @$$ if you objected to it." What woman doesn't want that power
:smite:

Wonderful post!

pretty sure of yourself?

DT5

Awards
  • Established
sounds good to me, confidence is attractive when you can back it up.

saying she "could steal" any girls man is not confidence...its tasteless, tacky, and blasphemous. id laugh if i heard a girl at the gym say that, let alone..think it.

is that something to be proud of "i can steal ur man"?...lol, that sounds like some highschool ****. id never want to be a with a girl who had that atittude

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
saying she "could steal" any girls man is not confidence...its tasteless, tacky, and blasphemous. id laugh if i heard a girl at the gym say that, let alone..think it.

is that something to be proud of "i can steal ur man"?...lol, that sounds like some highschool ****. id never want to be a with a girl who had that atittude
Im with you on this man! I can't stand conceited people, its a nasty character defect and I find it repulsive.

Bulk

Awards

Wonderful post!
Leave it out sheman, no normal man wants a women built like a bloke.. Nor does he want a women thinking she’s boxer!

Your post is really immature, and it suggests to me you’re very insecure, and spoilt.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think you all are missing the point. She never said that she would do something like that, only that she could. Confidence is a good trait if you can back it up. Some people are just intimidated by a confident woman I guess.

And by the way, a lot of men in the gym do act this way and can't back it up. Neither would they "steal" someone's woman, nor would they win the fight. Us guys talk a lot of s**t but are quick to complain when a woman speaks up. Ridiculous.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I think you all are missing the point. She never said that she would do something like that, only that she could. Confidence is a good trait if you can back it up. Some people are just intimidated by a confident woman I guess.

And by the way, a lot of men in the gym do act this way and can't back it up. Neither would they "steal" someone's woman, nor would they win the fight. Us guys talk a lot of s**t but are quick to complain when a woman speaks up. Ridiculous.
Hey guys, calm down a little bit. I wasn't saying I would do anything like that...I'm married, and it's just not in my nature. My point was that women always want to feel this confident about themselves, but always take the seemingly easy road out which leads them back to the same thing...no results. Crader was saying that you need to work hard, I work hard...and I get results.

And no man wants a cocky girl...but every guy could use a girl that is sure of herself and not always asking "do I look fat in this."

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established

I agree. Big difference between doing something and knowing you could. That is confidence to me and not cockiness. I want a confident woman but not a cocky woman. Just like a girl doesn't want a guy who's ego is coming out of his ass. It was just a figure of speech not saying,"I am going to steal this girls boyfriend."

And no man wants a cocky girl...but every guy could use a girl that is sure of herself and not always asking "do I look fat in this."
So true! I do not want a girl who thinks she can get any guy she wants and she is god's gift to men. I would rather have a less attractive girl who is confident than a total babe who is insecure. I hate it when you compliment a girl and she is like,"Thanks...I guess." UGH!!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
So true! I do not want a girl who thinks she can get any guy she wants and she is god's gift to men. I would rather have a less attractive girl who is confident than a total babe who is insecure. I hate it when you compliment a girl and she is like,"Thanks...I guess." UGH!!
I've been around long enough to know that a woman like that will never be satisfied, no matter who she is with or what you give her. When women act like that, I stay FAARR away. Not saying LJ is like that, but I can't stand that type either. A woman confident in how she looks no matter what she wears is very attractive and doesn't care what other women or men think.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
f I had a nickel for every time I witness some girl feeling intimidated in the gym because of the presence of a man or give up a machine or a bench because some dude is waiting for it, I'd have a bank account like Arnold. I have gone up to girls in the gym and yelled at them for doing that.

I actually give way to a woman if she wants to live Heavy just because I am impressed that she in in there throwing up HARD just like the rest of us. Even if she is not lifting as heavy if i can tell she is lifting Heavy for her she gets all my respect. But i do the same thing for guys too sometimes i'll see new guys etc and they are lifting small weights or whatever but you can see them struggling or really giving it there all and I remember when i was lifting what they are lifting women or men if they go hard they get respect from me

DT5

Awards
  • Established
f I had a nickel for every time I witness some girl feeling intimidated in the gym because of the presence of a man or give up a machine or a bench because some dude is waiting for it, I'd have a bank account like Arnold. I have gone up to girls in the gym and yelled at them for doing that.

I actually give way to a woman if she wants to live Heavy just because I am impressed that she in in there throwing up HARD just like the rest of us. Even if she is not lifting as heavy if i can tell she is lifting Heavy for her she gets all my respect. But i do the same thing for guys too sometimes i'll see new guys etc and they are lifting small weights or whatever but you can see them struggling or really giving it there all and I remember when i was lifting what they are lifting women or men if they go hard they get respect from me

...gay

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I've been around long enough to know that a woman like that will never be satisfied, no matter who she is with or what you give her. When women act like that, I stay FAARR away. Not saying LJ is like that, but I can't stand that type either. A woman confident in how she looks no matter what she wears is very attractive and doesn't care what other women or men think.
haha...sorry my words came off so strong. DG...I guess we just weren't meant to be :yup:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

sorry i didn't use the quote buttom didn't want to be misunderstood the part you bolded wasnt my writing i would never go up and yell at a woman in the gym it was a post from a woman above. Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
haha...sorry my words came off so strong. DG...I guess we just weren't meant to be :yup:
Please note the part where I said "Not saying LJ is like that".
This wasn't directed at you, just women like that in general.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
sorry i didn't use the quote buttom didn't want to be misunderstood the part you bolded wasnt my writing i would never go up and yell at a woman in the gym it was a post from a woman above. Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me
Haha,I was about to say. I can't imagine anybody going and yelling at a woman you don't know in the gym.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
true true, but i do love it when you see a girl in there who is actually pushing weight like doing work and not lifting those rinky dink pink 5 pound db and doin curls or w.e exercise just dont get it, so women doin work get points from me

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
I love lifting at the gym. For me, it is true that the heavier the weights the better my curves. :) Besides, it just feels better and sometimes it encourages other women to try it as well.

Loretta

Loretta

Awards
Women at the gym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women at the gym
By Kristin Reisinger

Let me explain. Through the years I have seen many women in the gym lifting these rinky-dink, pink and purple hand weights barely breaking a sweat...
What's wrong with lifting those pink little dumbells? I can get a REAL burn from maxing out on curls or flat benching! :-D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does this post make me look fat?

patriarca

Awards
Women at the gym

Women at the gym
By Kristin Reisinger

Let me explain. Through the years I have seen many women in the gym lifting these rinky-dink, pink and purple hand weights barely breaking a sweat. I see the same girls do three cardio classes in a row and spend countless hours on the treadmill like hamsters on a habitrail pondering why their bodies look exactly the same as they did six months ago. These are the same girls that come up to me and ask me repeatedly what I do to look the way I do or what do I eat or do I even eat. I even overheard a girl once say, "I'm doing so good today... I only had a bagel and a salad." The list is endless and it is endlessly frustrating.

I wish I had a megaphone right now. Ladies... you need to lift HEAVY to have a physique like the chick from Terminator! When you feel like you can't squeeze out any more reps... do two more! Get calluses on your hands... your man will love it. So many of you comment on how much you'd love to have a body like Madonna or Angela Bassett or Gabrielle Reece but most of you don't do anything to get it! Do you think these women work out with tiny little dumbbells and their bodies look like that by mistake?

Do you even know how hard it is and how much meticulous planning and preparation (and testosterone!) it takes to put on muscle and "bulk up" like a professional bodybuilder? I've been lifting as hard and heavy as any guy I know for two years and I keep getting smaller and leaner! I look sexier and more feminine than ever before, too.

By really lifting weights and stressing your muscles you will increase your lean mass, and since it is this lean mass (muscle tissue) that burns fat, you will have the capacity to burn more fat even at rest. Combining this with a moderate amount of cardiovascular activity (not three step classes in a row) will turn your body into a fat burning machine. Too much cardio works against you and will eventually begin to utilize your hard-earned lean muscle tissue for energy which is NOT the desired goal.

"It's all about ATTITUDE," says Fortress, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would venture to say us women need to dish out even more of it than men...."

You also need to EAT. Your need to fuel your body with the appropriate foods for energy as well as protein for the build up and reparation of muscle tissue. Starving yourself is NOT the answer and is more detrimental than most of you realize. It will slow down your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and hang on to every last bit of bagel you consume as stored energy (fat).

By eating small, low-fat meals throughout the day incorporating a protein source with good sources of fibrous and complex carbohydrates will stabilize your insulin levels and sustain your energy levels. This will prevent your body from going into starvation mode while giving you all the building blocks you need for developing and shaping your muscles. Plus, you actually get to eat more!

"...the gym is our domain as much as any man."

"It's all about ATTITUDE," says Fortress, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would even venture to say us women need to dish out even more of it than men. If I had a nickel for every time I witness some girl feeling intimidated in the gym because of the presence of a man or give up a machine or a bench because some dude is waiting for it, I'd have a bank account like Arnold. I have gone up to girls in the gym and yelled at them for doing that.

Where's your damn backbone?! Self-esteem, confidence and an all-around, I don't give a **** attitude are all part of the package that go along with my philosophies on training like a woman which is far more attractive than a whole heap of mascara, lip gloss and eye liner. And the gym is our domain as much as any man.

Training like a woman is a synergistic framework allowing everything else in life to fall into place that much smoother including relationships, career or whatever you allow it to flow into. Having a great body is merely a fringe benefit. So ladies, to quote a very wise person, "Go hard or go home," especially if you're a woman
is article and enjoyed the read:
you said it! :)

sweatntears

sweatntears

Awards
My last 4 wk wt training program consisted of 4-5 exercises, 1 set of 100 reps, light wt and do as many reps as you can without stopping till you can do all 100 reps!!! Did 600-900 reps total per day, 5 days. I could not get 1 guy to partner up with me in my gym. No muscle endurance for the guys.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Women at the gym

Women at the gym
By Kristin Reisinger

Get calluses on your hands... your man will love it. :
I agree with everything you said but this....no thanks lol.:18:
My wife wears gloves.:laugh:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
My last 4 wk wt training program consisted of 4-5 exercises, 1 set of 100 reps, light wt and do as many reps as you can without stopping till you can do all 100 reps!!! Did 600-900 reps total per day, 5 days. I could not get 1 guy to partner up with me in my gym. No muscle endurance for the guys.
Because its a silly way to excercise. Whats the point of it? A big pump? Big deal. :burnout:

beastmode99

Awards
because there's no point to it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You wouldn't either, because as the guys said, there's no point to that kind of training (if you are trying to build muscular endurance it's NOT really the way to go about it; and there are more efficient ways of improving cardiovascular fitness, if that were the aim). There's NO need to do that much 5 days a week, regardless of how LIGHT the weight is (and if you're using light weights then there is NO point in having ANYone 'partner' up with you). You'd be better off doing 4-5 sessions a week of 4-5 exercises per session of 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps per exercise.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
:footinmouth:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
because there's no point to it.
well can't it be functional depending on the exercises?. I know in wrestling practice we'll whip out 100 squats or pushups etc. and in Muay Thai we'll do 100 kicks in a row. so exercises like calf raises, leg extensions, front db raises side laterals etc for high rep schemes work very well to increase endurance for fighting. Isn't this the same concept?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
:laugh:
well can't it be functional depending on the exercises?. I know in wrestling practice we'll whip out 100 squats or pushups etc. and in Muay Thai we'll do 100 kicks in a row. so exercises like calf raises, leg extensions, front db raises side laterals etc for high rep schemes work very well to increase endurance for fighting. Isn't this the same concept?
Touche. To better illustrate, to the average strength increasing /mass building /body sculpting male who usually inhabits the gym world, this form of excercising is utterly useless. Repping out 100 reps of anything is great for helping out your cardiovascular fitness, although not so for the goals listed above.:type: Guejsn was right in pointing out that there are better ways of going about getting cardiovascular endurance to increase though. In wrestling and Muay Thai or boxing they will have you train specific excercises cardio wise, that you will be using in a match, so that you are used to the movements when you have to use them and won't tire out as fast by doing a movement your body isn't used to. Our bodies adapt to specific excercises very well. Paint the fence Daniel San. Wax the car Daniel San.:laugh:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's NOTHING alike. If you want endurance for something SPECIFIC you TRAIN IN it, as if simulating it (i.e. what you do for wrestling or Muay Thai); you don't just do random exercises (regardless of whether they are functional or not) for it. Which is what is said here:
...In wrestling and Muay Thai or boxing they will have you train specific excercises cardio wise, that you will be using in a match, so that you are used to the movements when you have to use them and won't tire out as fast by doing a movement your body isn't used to...

sweatntears

sweatntears

Awards
My goal was to gain muscle endurance, strength, tighten and harden muscles. In the 4 wks time I actualy went down 4 pant sizes(8 to a 4) increased strength, lost 2% BF and gained major muscle hardness and definition. If YOU have the will power and GUTS try it YOU might like it!!! :scared:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
My goal was to gain muscle endurance, strength, tighten and harden muscles. In the 4 wks time I actualy went down 4 pant sizes(8 to a 4) increased strength, lost 2% BF and gained major muscle hardness and definition. :scared:
Didna read what we wrote did ya lassie.:laugh: If you managed to do ALL that on that ridiculous workout plan then imagine what would have happened if you worked out properly.:chairshot:

If YOU have the will power and GUTS try it YOU might like it!!!
It has NOTHING to do with POWER or GUTS lol, more like cardiovascular fitness centred on specific movements . If you think you have power, try a powerlifting or even better olympic style workout for the day. Balls to the wall.Stick with it for a month, traing as hard as you can..then tell me your previous workout took guts.:laugh:
P.S. what did your magic diet consist of?:ninja:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My goal was to gain muscle endurance, strength, tighten and harden muscles. In the 4 wks time I actualy went down 4 pant sizes(8 to a 4) increased strength, lost 2% BF and gained major muscle hardness and definition. If YOU have the will power and GUTS try it YOU might like it!!! :scared:
I doubt that you would have gained musch strength on such a routine (as you said yourself, you were using LIGHT weights). With diet and exercise alone 0.5% BF loss per week is the norm, so no surprises there. With that amount of volume your muscle WOULD be hard (very pumped for sure), and if you lost fat and were relatuvely lean then you would get definition. A size 8 to size 4 is actually only TWO sizes (i.e. 8, 6, 4), but good on you. And it's not about willpower or guts at all (doing high reps at a light weight is nothing); I have done VERY high-LOAD training sessions many times before (that use HEAVY weight), and ALL of my training is INTENSE. It's all about the individual. As said, there are MORE effective ways to achieve the goals you wanted.

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
i need me a lady that kicks ass in the gym. they are way too rare.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Come to Los Angeles. I think I can teach you a lesson or two. LOL. J/K.
you got a place i can stay and a partime job i can work ill consider it :)

and hello ladies, didnt read the thread yet but ill go back and catchup, crader causing trouble in here?