Will get Certified!

Rhinoman

Awards
Is official I enroll for personal training certification with  ISSA. It is time to put all the knowledge in paper and supplement my income. Will keep you guys  posted of the progress. Somebody stop me, I can't stop learning! :D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Congrats! thats a big step, although ISSA is no CSCS ;) But it'll do

Big H

Banned
Awards
I'm thinking about ISSA as well.. Anyone else who is, hurry up and do it, there is 100 bucks off.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Congrats! thats a big step, although ISSA is no CSCS ;) But it'll do
Thanks, I select them due the vast variety of option they gave me including a seminar at my home area included in the cost, Also  Internet info, listing job placement, home study and many many other wonderful benefits all for $495 +SH. 

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Congrads Rhino... good luck and I know if we can help we will...

garyrabbit

Awards
Congrats Rhino, and best of luck. If there is anything we can do just ask. Taking a course myself and about half way done. Again best of luck-Peace

Blazer88

Awards
I just got my ACE certification and hope to start personal training here pretty quick. Best of luck.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
i would also like to get certified... i'm just burnt out and tired of computers; i know a whole lot about them... i've just used them so long and done nearly everything that you can do with them (DSP programming, RTOS creation, hardware-level debuggers, etc) that I'm just SICK of it...

nutrition and bodybuilding are really interesting to me... and i know there's money out there... and its something different to make money with... i'm just tired of computers period...

I would like to get certified; i don't know much about the process... there's a course at a local university that i may take that gets you certified at the end of it

Andy2k

Awards
Training for my CompTIA A+ at the minute.
Already qualified in Sports Therapy & Injury management, Advanced Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology & Nutrition. These are going to have to be consolidated over the next few years though, as new legislation comes into force - any therapist will have to be registered.
If you go into fitness & health, American College of Sports Medicine is a good one if you can go that route (not done it myself)
Whatever you do, don't just stick to weight/fitness training unless it's on a personal level - there ain't no money there!!!

Rhinoman

Awards
I am done with the first part!

Couple of days ago I was done with the first part od the certification, today I rec'd the second part so I can test for the test, for what I gather this is not easy test and you really need to know your sh**t, I will start working now on it. BTW is also includes a nice software with details in excercise from beginners to advanced.  Quite good, these people take by the hand. Final requirements is the CPR wich will be taking with the Red Cross, is about 5 minutes from my house. Will keep you guys posted as I progress in the certification.

Rhinoman

Awards
3 days ago!

I rec'd all the material from ISSA, is quite detail and excellent, now I understand why so expensive, they do not leave anything to chance or out, cover a lot of ground, after detail review  is not an easy test due to the fact this independent study( which I liked, three of my degrees are from idependent study) so I will be able to do it in about two weeks, now I will summit the test in mid January since is when I will get my CPR. 

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long did you study independantly to prepare for the final test??

Is this the only one test you have to take besides cpr??

How often do you have to recertify and what are the requirements for that??

So you can take the test at your own pace at home(open book test basically?)

So they offer job placement or they just give you ads??? What is some of the pay they are offering??

Please answer, very interested!

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by pjorstad
How long did you study independantly to prepare for the final test??

Is this the only one test you have to take besides cpr??

How often do you have to recertify and what are the requirements for that??

So you can take the test at your own pace at home(open book test basically?)

So they offer job placement or they just give you ads??? What is some of the pay they are offering??

Please answer, very interested!
I just started last week, I summit first part of the requirements which is a pre-test.

No, Pretest, Final test and the CPR.

Every two years.

Yes, But you have to pace your self, the test at home and even with open book is not a piece of cake.

Yes they have lsiting that you can be place, $50 per hour is the standard for a CFT.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your responses, mods give him karma :)

So every 2 years you have to do the same things again or is it easier when recertification?

Also how many months long did you spend studying in preparation for the test????

Whats with the pretest, final test??? Whats the reasoning behind that? Is it so you don't just wait for the final test tocome and only study relevant final test topics???

Big H

Banned
Awards
Well, you spend as long as you want studying for the final test..
I mean, you can cheat on the final test, and just look for the answers in your book. But, they assume, if you do that, you will only cheat yourself.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by pjorstad
I appreciate your responses, mods give him karma :)

So every 2 years you have to do the same things again or is it easier when recertification?

Also how many months long did you spend studying in preparation for the test????

Whats with the pretest, final test??? Whats the reasoning behind that? Is it so you don't just wait for the final test tocome and only study relevant final test topics???
Just take continue education and pay the Membership of $75

I just got the material I am reading over it. Pretest is for review and practice so you can learn the material, already have all what I need.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by Big H
Well, you spend as long as you want studying for the final test..
I mean, you can cheat on the final test, and just look for the answers in your book. But, they assume, if you do that, you will only cheat yourself.
The way they do the independent study  test is different form the actual one that you take in the seminars, you have to give detail answer and recomendation, in the seminar is multiple choice, fill the blank and t/f, The pretest will work well since is almost similar, therefore, the one at home is  more challenging and intensive and even you do it with open book is not a piece of cake.  The approach is better since it will help learn the material well and you will be able to find the correct material to be able to consult your clients.