Who's cutting and how's it going?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just because you're eating some vegetables doesn't mean your body can't hit ketosis. Every time I've done a keto diet I've done pretty much what you're doing now, no starchy carbs and vegetables only, and I got into ketosis. So that may be what is causing you to feel so awful. Is there a reason you are keeping your carbs so low? What are your daily macros and daily calorie intake?
175g protein
40-60g fat
20-50g carb
Right around 1700 daily.. Some days a little more from fat some days a little less

I recently cut out a daily quest bar to drop to or below 50g total carb... About 10 days ago I did that

Over the whole course I've gone from a 33 waist to a 30 and lost two jacket sizes (40 to 38, almost 37 now) but I still don't even have abs lmao at 163lbs 5'7

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Serious question/concern

Even with stims and adequate calories I am feeling like complete garbage. Carbs are 20-50g daily MAX and feel like Crap and am totally plateaued. Short of breath and headaches chronically... What should I do?
Add in some carbs man. I'd recommend taking a week diet break and eating at maintenance or slightly below while increasing your carbs to at least 1g per pound of body weight.

It will give you a much needed metabolic reset and you may even drop some weight from doing this.

After that, if going so low on carbs makes you feel like ****, you could try a basic carb cycling plan - eat more on training days and less on off days.

Here is a good article by Lyle McDonald on diet breaks and why they are recommended: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

Really good article and I recommend everyone that's cutting to check it out and implement breaks every so often.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Add in some carbs man. I'd recommend taking a week diet break and eating at maintenance or slightly below while increasing your carbs to at least 1g per pound of body weight.

It will give you a much needed metabolic reset and you may even drop some weight from doing this.

After that, if going so low on carbs makes you feel like ****, you could try a basic carb cycling plan - eat more on training days and less on off days.

Here is a good article by Lyle McDonald on diet breaks and why they are recommended: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

Really good article and I recommend everyone that's cutting to check it out and implement breaks every so often.
Thanks. I typically carb cycle to lean bulk... Cutting carbs completely is the only way I can get sub 10 and I'm currently 11 stuck lol.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I typically carb cycle to lean bulk... Cutting carbs completely is the only way I can get sub 10 and I'm currently 11 stuck lol.
I gotcha. Then yeah just try a diet break for 10-14 days and see if you feel better. May be just what you need and then you can continue the diet as planned while not feeling like crap.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
175g protein
40-60g fat
20-50g carb
Right around 1700 daily.. Some days a little more from fat some days a little less

I recently cut out a daily quest bar to drop to or below 50g total carb... About 10 days ago I did that

Over the whole course I've gone from a 33 waist to a 30 and lost two jacket sizes (40 to 38, almost 37 now) but I still don't even have abs lmao at 163lbs 5'7
1700 calories with those macros isn't possible. Using your max numbers stated, the most cals you're taking in would be:

175x4= 700 cals from protein.
60x9= 540 cals from fat
50x4= 200 cals from carbs

which totals to 1440 calories, which is very low. I would agree with what JXiiXViii stated above, take a diet break. You're depriving your body of almost all carbohydrates and that's signaling your body to fight and hold on to what you have left. I would suggest reassessing your macros and take a 1-2 week break. Eat at maintenence, sleep more, and give your body a break from the serious calorie restriction you've been putting it through.

Coming back into a fat loss diet, I would definitely suggest carb cycling. I utilize high carb, low carb, and no carb (no starch) days and alter them on different days of the week depending on my training routine. I typically do two high carb days a week, which fall on heavy leg days or check and back workouts. Low carb for me is 150-200g per day, and those are my typical training days (delts, arms, etc.). My no carb days fall on my rest days, and this method has been working wonders for me. Many people have great success with carb cycling. Depriving your body of carbohydrates day in and day out like you're doing will evenutally lead to a reduced resting metabolic rate. Layne Norton has some great videos where he discusses metabolic damage, which would be very helpful for you to watch. You can find them on youtube, Layne a super smart dude. Best of luck man

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1700 calories with those macros isn't possible. Using your max numbers stated, the most cals you're taking in would be:

175x4= 700 cals from protein.
60x9= 540 cals from fat
50x4= 200 cals from carbs

which totals to 1440 calories, which is very low. I would agree with what JXiiXViii stated above, take a diet break. You're depriving your body of almost all carbohydrates and that's signaling your body to fight and hold on to what you have left. I would suggest reassessing your macros and take a 1-2 week break. Eat at maintenence, sleep more, and give your body a break from the serious calorie restriction you've been putting it through.

Coming back into a fat loss diet, I would definitely suggest carb cycling. I utilize high carb, low carb, and no carb (no starch) days and alter them on different days of the week depending on my training routine. I typically do two high carb days a week, which fall on heavy leg days or check and back workouts. Low carb for me is 150-200g per day, and those are my typical training days (delts, arms, etc.). My no carb days fall on my rest days, and this method has been working wonders for me. Many people have great success with carb cycling. Depriving your body of carbohydrates day in and day out like you're doing will evenutally lead to a reduced resting metabolic rate. Layne Norton has some great videos where he discusses metabolic damage, which would be very helpful for you to watch. You can find them on youtube, Layne a super smart dude. Best of luck man
What carb sources are you using? I find I feel best when I stay gluten free and center carbs around a workout. Mainly potatoes and brown rice... Would beans be a good addition as well? I don't wanna add any body fat back but I need to normalize my whole digestive system. Had a naturopath this morning tell me I have elevated BP/heart rate and seem to have created an extremely acidic environment.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
carb cycling since almost 3 weeks
started at 71.8kg
fat 9.8%-10%

now at 69.7
fat 7.7%

im doing 50 50 100 150 200 rotation :)

I will start cutting seriously once I will get my shift from PES :)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What carb sources are you using? I find I feel best when I stay gluten free and center carbs around a workout. Mainly potatoes and brown rice... Would beans be a good addition as well? I don't wanna add any body fat back but I need to normalize my whole digestive system. Had a naturopath this morning tell me I have elevated BP/heart rate and seem to have created an extremely acidic environment.
For me, carb sources don't make much of a difference. I agree with adding carbs in around your workouts, post workout is the only time of the day I'm really consuming any starches while cutting. On my high carb days also, I only eat starchy carbs post workout and the meal following that, and that's it. Right now, I am a HUGE fan of rice cakes. They're my favorite carb source as of now, but I'll throw in 1/2 cup of oatmeal and quest bars too. I'm a big fan of the 80 calorie Fiber One cereal too, its delicious.

I think if you take a more calculated approach to your diet, you'll see better results. I would definitely increase calories a little and begin cycling your carbs. With the increase in carbohydrates its possible that you may see a slight increase in water retention and weight gain, but don't freak out. Once your body adjusts to having more carbs in your diet you will adjust and it will be fine.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me, carb sources don't make much of a difference. I agree with adding carbs in around your workouts, post workout is the only time of the day I'm really consuming any starches while cutting. On my high carb days also, I only eat starchy carbs post workout and the meal following that, and that's it. Right now, I am a HUGE fan of rice cakes. They're my favorite carb source as of now, but I'll throw in 1/2 cup of oatmeal and quest bars too. I'm a big fan of the 80 calorie Fiber One cereal too, its delicious.

I think if you take a more calculated approach to your diet, you'll see better results. I would definitely increase calories a little and begin cycling your carbs. With the increase in carbohydrates its possible that you may see a slight increase in water retention and weight gain, but don't freak out. Once your body adjusts to having more carbs in your diet you will adjust and it will be fine.
I read up on laynes suggestions and come up with this:

For training days (currently 3 lifting days full body per week)
240 protein= 960cals
53 fat= 478cals
160 carb= 642cals
Total cals on lifting days = 2080

On cardio only days (2) per week
240 protein=960
53fat= 478
50 carb = 200

On rest days
240 pro = 960 cal
70 fat = 630 cal
Trace carbs 10-20 = 40-80 cals
Total 1670

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I read up on laynes suggestions and come up with this
Bingo, nicely done research my friend. Layne Norton is a beast. My guess is this is based off of his cutting diet article he wrote up a few years back, which I have followed many times. I think you'll see great results with running something like this. Calories are low to start, but I think with the carb manipulation you'll be pleasantly surprised with your results. Its nice to see someone do their own reading and research and crunch the numbers to figure it all out. Macros look on point to me dude! Give it a go!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How are things going?
Awesome. Weight is about the same, but I've dropped to 36" pants and dropped a size in my work shirt. Set a new PR on deadlifts (465 single) last week, and a new PR on seated overhead press (90s for 8). Added LGD-4033 last week to give it time to kick in before I run out of epiandro. Love it.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bingo, nicely done research my friend. Layne Norton is a beast. My guess is this is based off of his cutting diet article he wrote up a few years back, which I have followed many times. I think you'll see great results with running something like this. Calories are low to start, but I think with the carb manipulation you'll be pleasantly surprised with your results. Its nice to see someone do their own reading and research and crunch the numbers to figure it all out. Macros look on point to me dude! Give it a go!
Nailed it! Thanks yea it was his cutting diet and makes perfect sense.. Almost like UD 2.0 but I'd rather try this first, I think it can work.

I'm not one for tracking exact macros but I'll do my best and adjust accordingly. So happy to have carbs again.. And a plan haha

CelticPower91

CelticPower91

Awards
Been bulking since September and need to start dieting, don't even know where or how to begin, I've never dieted before, any tips???

Attachments

JFarmer1

Awards
Since I first posted in this thread 4/15/15 I was down 32 pounds!! Now Im down 45 pounds and really have the ball rolling!! I still have alot of BF to lose but Im well on my way!!!

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Been bulking since September and need to start dieting, don't even know where or how to begin, I've never dieted before, any tips???
Lookin solid man.

Instead of me writing out a long response, I think these 3 posts by Lyle McDonald set up a really good diet that isn't too crazy or hard to stick to. This is basically what I'm doing:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/fat-loss-for-athletes-part-1.html/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/fat-loss-for-athletes-part-2.html/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/fat-loss-for-athletes-part-3.html/

tl;dr:

1. Find maintenance calories (roughly 14-16 cals/lb of bodyweight)
2. Drop that by 10-20%
3. Eat 1-1.5g/lb of bodyweight in protein per day
4. Set fat intake at about 20-25% of calories
5. Have carbs make up the rest (for me I do about 1g/lb of bodyweight in carbs and that's enough for me)
6. 1 day a week do a refeed where you eat at close to maintenance and have the increase in calories come mostly from starchy carbs.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431131111.614649.jpg

Looks like my cut just took a downturn. I'm out of the weight room for at least two weeks and possibly 3-4 months if the tendon snapped.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Looks like my cut just took a downturn. I'm out of the weight room for at least two weeks and possibly 3-4 months if the tendon snapped.
Out of the weight room? More like an excuse to do more squats.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After tracking my intake with my fitness pal app I see how horribly I was under estimating my fat intake (mostly from eggs and olive oil) wow! I've been following laynes cutting diet for 4 days and already look leaner. This should be s breeze now that I know how much to really eat... First couple days was hard but yesterday I was very satisfied w Total intake at 1900

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
After tracking my intake with my fitness pal app I see how horribly I was under estimating my fat intake (mostly from eggs and olive oil) wow! I've been following laynes cutting diet for 4 days and already look leaner. This should be s breeze now that I know how much to really eat... First couple days was hard but yesterday I was very satisfied w Total intake at 1900
Yeah fats can sneak up on you if you're not careful, especially with oils.

I use just enough olive oil to make my food not stick to the pan, and then if I need more moisture, I'll add some water while it's cooking and that does the trick without needing to resort to more oil.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So mad I left my anabeta at home! Now im out for mothers Day... Fukkkk I know one meal won't matter but damn. That's not like me

leasky33

Awards
ive been dieting again since 23rd april, and its going fine, getting used to working out three times a week, and my lifts are getting better

im doing carb nite solution with IF

23rd april 208 lbs, today 204lbs, have been down at 199

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I need some advice, please.

I'm 30 days into a cut with a 4100 calorie weekly deficit and my weight isn't dropping, but I look leaner and my waist, hip, and lower ab measurements are all down.

I don't think I'm underestimating calories as I've used the same methods/tools for measuring for over a year.

I weigh/measure myself daily first thing in the morning and my Tanita BIA scale indicates a loss of 5lbs of fat mass over the past 30 days, but a gain of 5 lbs of lean mass. I don't know what's going on. Any ideas? Should I decrease calories further? Just keep going if I keep seeing progress in the mirror and by tape measurer?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Guys, I need some advice, please.

I'm 30 days into a cut with a 4100 calorie weekly deficit and my weight isn't dropping, but I look leaner and my waist, hip, and lower ab measurements are all down.

I don't think I'm underestimating calories as I've used the same methods/tools for measuring for over a year.

I weigh/measure myself daily first thing in the morning and my Tanita BIA scale indicates a loss of 5lbs of fat mass over the past 30 days, but a gain of 5 lbs of lean mass. I don't know what's going on. Any ideas? Should I decrease calories further? Just keep going if I keep seeing progress in the mirror and by tape measurer?
Sukonsumbooty say what!

Youre in a 4100 cal deficiency or youre consuming 4100 cals which puts you in a deficiency?
How the heck can your scale determine the exact amount of lean mass gained

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt, I track the fat mass/lbm totals daily based on the % bf readout and keep running weekly averages that I compare to prior weeks

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt, I track the fat mass/lbm totals daily based on the % bf readout and keep running weekly averages that I compare to prior weeks
The body fat calculators on scales can be wildly inaccurate, which is probably skewing your numbers.

The first thing I'd recommend is stop weighing and measuring yourself every single day, or even every week for that matter, as it's so short a time to really see changes and you will just drive yourself crazy.

Try doing every other week instead.

Scales are an okay reference point, but if you're looking better in the mirror, don't worry so much about the scale.

You say you're looking leaner and your measurements are all moving in the right direction, so what's the issue?

If you're truly in a 4100 calorie per week deficit, you should be fine.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for yall... Been following a proper cutting diet for about 2 weeks now. Around day 11 I saw results stagnate but I had seen daily mirror changes and lost 3 pounds in the 11 days.... Is a Refeed in order now EVEN THOUGH I have some carb days?
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431905718.285964.jpg

should I perhaps recalculate my macros due to body fat and weight lost? Dropping them lower.... Or just Refeed and Continue ?

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I'm down under 180 now. Less than 10 pounds to my target of 170. That should put me around 14% body fat. I'm going to reassess at 175 though to see how I'm looking and feeling. Then likely hit 170 and reassess again. If I'm still feeling good I may shoot for 165 before starting to bulk again. I really want to lean out this time before I start adding more muscle.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Question for yall... Been following a proper cutting diet for about 2 weeks now. Around day 11 I saw results stagnate but I had seen daily mirror changes and lost 3 pounds in the 11 days.... Is a Refeed in order now EVEN THOUGH I have some carb days?

should I perhaps recalculate my macros due to body fat and weight lost? Dropping them lower.... Or just Refeed and Continue ?
I think your diet plan looks pretty solid man. I wouldn't change anything or recalculate yet, give it a little longer. Fat loss isn't always linear. I would also suggest adding a high carb refeed day every 10-14 days. Given your current macros, I would suggest dropping your protein 30-40g and your fat 10g or so, and adding in 100-120g carbs on your refeed days. Your setup on refeed days could look like this:

Protein: 200g - 800cals
Fat: 30-40 - 270-360cals
Carbs: 260-300g - 1040-1200cals

Using the higher end of these numbers, you'd end up at about 2360cals for your refeed day. Realize that that is above your current deficit intake of 2080cals, but the extra carbs and calories every 10-14 days will help keep your metablism cranking and it'll keep you from stalling. These numbers are on the low side of a refeed. Some prefer to keep their protein and fat the same and add in extra carbs on top of that. The calories will be higher on your refeed days, but it is an intentional increase to reset your body in a sense to keep the fat loss cranking.

This advice is how I would approach it, and I'm sure others will have different opinions. Experiment with what works for you. And the leaner you get, the more refeed days you should incorporate. I am currently doing a refeed every 5-7 days, depending on how I feel. I prefer to do my refeed days on a high volume training day, such as leg day. This too is a personal preference. I've read of others refeeding on their rest days to give the body its needed rest and extra caloires for recovery. The choice is up to you. Experiment with different macros and intake periods and find what works best for you. I would definitely suggest adding in refeeds though, even though you are taking in carbs on your current plan. Glad to hear your fat loss is picking back up with your new diet plan though! Keep up the good work.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established

3 pounds really isn't enough to justify dropping calories further. I wouldn't guess that the mere 3 pounds of fat loss would put you all of a sudden at near maintenance where you're barely dropping weight anymore.

Like John said, fat loss is never linear. Some weeks will be more than others and sometimes you will stagnate.

Regarding the refeed, yes I would do something like 1 refeed per week or every 10 days or so.

Eat at around maintenance calories for the refeed day and get the majority of the increased calories from carbs.

Also after about 8 weeks of straight dieting, it may be of benefit to take a 10 day diet break to allow your body and metabolism to recover.

I don't remember how long you said you've been cutting, but that's another possibility is fat loss has slowed down if you've been going hard for a couple months.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I realized that I miscalculated my deficit.. It is still a deficit albeit not as steep as it was supposed to be... So I am dropping cals via carbs and will assess again. Also implementing refeeds every 10-11 days now too... Thanks all

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm too thin lmao none of my clothes fit and everyone keeps saying you look like you lost weight... Which to me means u look all skinny and frail... Mainly in my face and arms. Back legs and shoulders are still solid and abs continue to come in but I'm not likin how my face and arms are looking right now

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm too thin lmao none of my clothes fit and everyone keeps saying you look like you lost weight... Which to me means u look all skinny and frail... Mainly in my face and arms. Back legs and shoulders are still solid and abs continue to come in but I'm not likin how my face and arms are looking right now
I know how you feel. I absolutely hate when people tell me i look like i've lost weight, or that I look skinnier. It pisses me off. I lose a lot of weight in my face and arms as well, those are the first two areas i notice it. It sucks, but being shredded is fun when you're at the beach

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know how you feel. I absolutely hate when people tell me i look like i've lost weight, or that I look skinnier. It pisses me off. I lose a lot of weight in my face and arms as well, those are the first two areas i notice it. It sucks, but being shredded is fun when you're at the beach
Exactly.. Only 2-3 months out of the year in CT.. Fuk em haters

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn bro you from CT?! I live in Stamford haha
Lmao yea man! Grew up in Fairfield, own a business in Norwalk and orange, and live in milford now

The alive at 5 lineup just came out! Summer in CT haha

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Lmao yea man! Grew up in Fairfield, own a business in Norwalk and orange, and live in milford now

The alive at 5 lineup just came out! Summer in CT haha
That's so funny, I just moved up here last year from Philly. Small world!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From February to this mornig... Started cutting / recomping in March. 4 inches off waist. -12 pounds. Stronger in every lift.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432401247.007187.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432401256.708759.jpg

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432911660.643375.jpg

This is where I'm at right now. I've been out of the gym for almost 3 weeks due to a ruptured bicep tendon but had a good workout last night. Grip strength sucks and overall strength is down but I felt pretty good considering. No pump products, no preworkout, just the middle of a workout. I only wish I looked like this picture all the time. Lol

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
I am cutting since 20th of April, using shift PES since 2 weeks, I am carb cycling and everything is going well till now, from Monday I will start a new diet, I have re-calculated all my calories in/out and macros so I am good to go :) I am logging it too since I wanted to log shift :)
lost a couple of kg so far, probably water and some fat, my weight is fluctuating tho between 68.something and 70, I had my first cheat meal last Sunday after 1 and a half month :)

keep it up guys!

smithstetics

Awards
Started sometime in april, went from 194ish down to 181, look and feel much thinner. I think i'm around 15%, but not stopping until 7-8%. Can see a lot more veins, however they are not popping out yet. Carbs are much lower now, maybe 100g a day?

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Fell off the wagon and basically binged for a week. Didn't do too much damage. Go me.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fell off the wagon and basically binged for a week. Didn't do too much damage. Go me.
Probably better off for it! It's getting very monotonous and I still have 2.5 months left to maintain this BF/ try to drop more

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
After five months on a cut, I stopped losing weight and decided to switch to a recomp and then a bulk. I think it's time to give my body a break from
The cutting for a bit. It's my first bulk and I'm terrified of putting fat on, but I'm eating clean so here goes nothing!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After five months on a cut, I stopped losing weight and decided to switch to a recomp and then a bulk. I think it's time to give my body a break from
The cutting for a bit. It's my first bulk and I'm terrified of putting fat on, but I'm eating clean so here goes nothing!
You've been eating at a deficit so it's up to you how much fat you put on by controlling your new macros. I have the same fear but coming off a cut is the best time to try building new lean muscle! Just take it slow.. Only add like 150 calories a week; yes a week. Especially if u were low carbing.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Was up 10lbs from the week-long binge. Just 1lb over now. Hip circumference is .5'' larger, though. Seems I gained a solid lb of fat last week too by bf% measurement. Oh well. Onward.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
You've been eating at a deficit so it's up to you how much fat you put on by controlling your new macros. I have the same fear but coming off a cut is the best time to try building new lean muscle! Just take it slow.. Only add like 150 calories a week; yes a week. Especially if u were low carbing.
actually I was taking it a little slower and adding about that many calories to each meal but every three weeks. I added two extra egg whites to break fast and went from 1/2 cup oatmeal to 2/3. in three weeks i'll stay with that then add 1oz of chicken and go from 2/3 cup rice to 3/4. should take about 4 months to reach bulk calories and then I'll modify from there.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
actually I was taking it a little slower and adding about that many calories to each meal but every three weeks. I added two extra egg whites to break fast and went from 1/2 cup oatmeal to 2/3. in three weeks i'll stay with that then add 1oz of chicken and go from 2/3 cup rice to 3/4. should take about 4 months to reach bulk calories and then I'll modify from there.
Sounds like you got nothing to worry about!