Which Nfl team do you root for?

TaPo31

Awards
I grew up in northern Illinois and all my friends who are bear fans love the trade and think he is Jesus. I think he is good but remember that the Bears don't have any WR's like Marshall in Chicago. Cutlers #'s were also inflated bc of the lack of a running game and a pass heavy playbook that he wont have this year. That being said I agree that they gave up too much when they could have gone after a cassel or Leftwich type. BTW I think cutler will be a huge fantasy bust this year. :Flush:
As a Bears fan, I am torn on this trade. The down side: I felt that they gave up too much to get him. The up side: I think that just the threat of having a QB that can actually stretch the field vertically should help free up Forte to be able to have a little more running room. I don't think he will put up huge numbers but I think the Bears will be a better team with him.

Iceman1800

Awards
You have to believe the Lions will have the best turn-around in history. One win will be a 100% gain from last year and I think they will win at least 3 this season....

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Houston Texans. Maybe they can make the playoffs this year!

:arms:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
NE because of Randy Moss (big fan) but my home team is Vikings.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I know it's not going to happen, but it would be a lovely thing for the Texans to beat the Titans both times this year. I'm soooo looking forward to the Titans coming on up to Heinz Field for the season opener.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I know it's not going to happen, but it would be a lovely thing for the Texans to beat the Titans both times this year. I'm soooo looking forward to the Titans coming on up to Heinz Field for the season opener.
You too? I still have the "Towel stomp" etched in my memory. Wonder how much stomping went on as they watched the Super Bowl from their local golf course.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fastone...you're into the Steelers and Yankees? Shouldn't you be down with the Pirates or Indians?

Are you into the Bulls, Duke basketball and Notre Dame football too? :banghead:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Fastone...you're into the Steelers and Yankees? Shouldn't you be down with the Pirates or Indians?

Are you into the Bulls, Duke basketball and Notre Dame football too? :banghead:
You're close, North Carolina Basketball, Nebraska football. I followed the Bulls when MJ was there, I don't follow anyone specifically in the NBA now. I've followed the Yankees since 1961(I grew up in Brooklyn), followed the Steelers since 1973, UNC since 1970 and Nebraska since winning 450 dollars on them when they beat Oaklahoma in 1971.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
You're close, North Carolina Basketball, Nebraska football. I followed the Bulls when MJ was there, I don't follow anyone specifically in the NBA now. I've followed the Yankees since 1961(I grew up in Brooklyn), followed the Steelers since 1973, UNC since 1970 and Nebraska since winning 450 dollars on them when they beat Oaklahoma in 1971.
Haha...$450 would make me a fan as well. JW32Hoops....IT IS OK to be a fan of a team not geographically close to you. You do know that right? Does Fastone NEED to like the Pirates instead of the Yankees b/c he's from PA? You like whatever team you like man. You don't have to be a complete Homer all the time lol. I'm in Pittsburgh and I LOVE USC football and UCLA Basketball. Those, other than the 6 time Super Bowl Champion Steelers of course, have been my teams all my life. Explain that one?

Fastone...The towel stomp is still very fresh in my memory. "Smash and Dash" won't be doing anything once they hit Heinz Field opening day. I like to call them "One and Done" :wave2: haha.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Giants all the way.

I was there when they dropped loads on the Stealers last fall! Great game.

Great field too. Loud as fuk.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha...$450 would make me a fan as well. JW32Hoops....IT IS OK to be a fan of a team not geographically close to you. You do know that right?
Well, at least you don't sound annoying.

I was breaking his balls for being a perceived bandwagoner instead of rooting for his hometown teams. That's why I brought up the Bulls, Duke, Notre Dame, etc.

Personally, I'm from NJ and I root for the Mets/Giants/Nets.

I could see rooting for an out-of-area college team because you attended that school, or like my friend who lives in NJ but roots for the Cardinals because his dad is die-hard and raised him that way...so, yeah, I guess to answer your question.....I "do know that".

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
I'll back up JW there. Since we're from the NYC area, there really is no reason to root for the Stealers, Cowboys or whatever team happens to be hot at the moment.

GICH!

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Well, at least you don't sound annoying.

I was breaking his balls for being a perceived bandwagoner instead of rooting for his hometown teams. That's why I brought up the Bulls, Duke, Notre Dame, etc.

Personally, I'm from NJ and I root for the Mets/Giants/Nets.

I could see rooting for an out-of-area college team because you attended that school, or like my friend who lives in NJ but roots for the Cardinals because his dad is die-hard and raised him that way...so, yeah, I guess to answer your question.....I "do know that".
wow..picking up on the sarcasm there :lick:

My apologies, wasn't trying to be a d*ck. I just really do not...in any way...consider the Bulls, and Notre Dame for that matter, teams that people jump on the bandwagon for, at least where I'm from. So I didn't pick up that's what you meant by your post. I post on a ton of sports forums, and as you could imagine, they are swamped with "homers". That kind of sucks, noone can talk intelligently about a sport. Everyone must defend their hometeam at all costs. I can see the Yanks and Duke being bandwagon teams, but not the other two. My bad dude :dunno:

Personally, as long as it's not a "bandwagon" thing, I say you can be a fan of whoever you want no matter where you're at. It doesn't matter to me lol. I never went to school in Cali, I've never even been to Cali, yet my love for USC and UCLA is still strong.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My apologies, wasn't trying to be a d*ck. I just really do not...in any way...consider the Bulls, and Notre Dame for that matter, teams that people jump on the bandwagon for, at least where I'm from. So I didn't pick up that's what you meant by your post..
Maybe it's just being a child of the 80's/90's, cuz when I was a kid, it seemed like everyone was into the Cowboys, Yankees, Bulls, Duke Blue Devils and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

I can almost understand Duke/UNC/Notre Dame, since they're on TV ALLLL the time.

All good brah, no worries.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I never went to school in Cali, I've never even been to Cali, yet my love for USC and UCLA is still strong.
That's a weird combo...they're pretty hardcore rivals.

That'd be like saying "I'm really into Ohio State and Michigan football" or "I'm a huge Yankees and Red Sox fan" or "I mostly root for the Giants and the Eagles" :think:

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Giants all the way.

I was there when they dropped loads on the Stealers last fall! Great game.

Great field too. Loud as fuk.
DL that was a good game. As for the G-Men dropping loads...they should send James Harrison a thank you letter for being such a p*ss poor long snapper lol. That was a fun game to watch. I could have had tickets to the game, but didn't want to shell out $200. I was able to make it to 6 others, plus the playoffs & AFC Championship. So I'm not complaining.

It's funny you say great field. People HATE that field. I would personally be heart broken if we ever went with anything other than a grass field. It can get bad at times, but it's natural and safe. Grass is where football should be played IMO. And yeah....it can be loud :mischievous:

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
That's a weird combo...they're pretty hardcore rivals.

That'd be like saying "I'm really into Ohio State and Michigan football" or "I'm a huge Yankees and Red Sox fan" or "I mostly root for the Giants and the Eagles" :think:
haha...I hear you there. I should clarify though. USC football and UCLA basketball. That might even be more strange lol. I've just loved both since I was a kid.

When USC plays UCLA at football though that is always a great game. No matter if USC is great that year and UCLA isn't much to talk about, nothing is guaranteed.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Who hates that field? The other team maybe, hostile playing conditions.

We sat on the 30 yard line like 8 rows up. Got the tickets from a dem for $250.

"this is some primetime sh1t right here" that was his description of the seats

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who hates that field? The other team maybe, hostile playing conditions.
Dude...you've seen how horrendous that surface gets in the rain. Remember that game against Baltimore a year or two back? I didn't think either team was going to score at all....beyond sloppy.

I think you're talking about liking the Stadium....the field itself is what's dodgy.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I could give a sh1t about the field itself. I'm talking about the stadium.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I could give a sh1t about the field itself. I'm talking about the stadium.
oh lol. The field can get rough. But I still like the fact that it's mostly grass. With some chopped up rubber thrown in lol. The stadium is definetely cool though. I like the design. I like how, if you're in the right part of the stadium, you can see out to "the point" (where the 3 rivers connect) and Mt. Washington. It's a cool view. And it can definetely get loud. You should of heard it for the AFC Championship when Troy intercepted that pass and took it back for a TD.....absolutely freaking insane. I've been to plently of games and it has never been louder.

JW, the Miami game I think two years ago may be what you're talking about. I was there, it was just plain horrible. How they were moving out there is beyond me. Remeber the punt that landed and stuck straight up in the mud lol? So you're right....it can get bad. But on Thursday and Friday they had high school football championships there, Saturday was a Pitt game, then the storms came Saturday night and all day Sunday. It was almost inevitable.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
JW, the Miami game I think two years ago may be what you're talking about. I was there, it was just plain horrible. How they were moving out there is beyond me. Remeber the punt that landed and stuck straight up in the mud lol?.

:laugh2: I do remember that punt...you're right, musta been Miami. I remember thinking "between the field being this unplayable and the Dolphins being this godawful, I don't think there'll be a single point scored"

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
:laugh2: I do remember that punt...you're right, musta been Miami. I remember thinking "between the field being this unplayable and the Dolphins being this godawful, I don't think there'll be a single point scored"
If I remember right it was 3-0. Jeff Reed somehow kicked a field goal out of the muck. Hey, a W is a W. We were lucky to make it out of that one. Would of suct losing to Miami, even in those conditions.

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
Colts baby. Going to meet Peyton Manning on Sunday 7/19 in Chicago.

dozer7

dozer7

Awards
Whats our name. . . RAVENS. . . Whats our name. . .RAVENS

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses: "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root". A very useful word in fairly polite company.
Root rat : somebody who is constantly looking for sex.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its funny, my 6 year old daughter asked me to change allegiance since we live near the Pa/NJ border. So the house is now Eagles fans.

js2sbr

Awards
Texans, still have a little love for the Titans, but grew up a 49ers fan.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I got my early predictions
AFC EAST
New England
Buffalo
Miami
NY Jets
AFC WEST
San Diego
Oakland
Denver
Kansas City
AFC NORTH
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Cleveland
AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis
Houston*
Tennessee*
Jacksonville
NFC EAST
Philadelphia
NY Giants*
Dallas
Washington
NFC WEST
Arizona
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis
NFC NORTH
Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
NFC SOUTH
Atlanta
Carolina*
New Orleans
Tampa Bay

WILD CARD (Home team in caps)
ARIZONA 38-24 Carolina
ATLANTA 24-20 Giants
PITTSBURGH 31-21 Houston
INDIANAPOLIS 27-17 Tennessee
DIVISIONAL ROUND
GREEN BAY 35-17 Arizona
PHILADELPHIA 28-20 Atlanta
Pittsburgh 23-20 NEW ENGLAND
SAN DIEGO 41-31 Indianapolis
CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
SAN DIEGO 24-14 Pittsburgh
Green Bay 20-17 PHILADELPHIA
SUPER BOWL
San Diego 34-31 Green Bay

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The New England Patroits are loaded,if they stay healthy they will win it all this year.

I forgot to mention the team of the decade ya that's right Steeler fans.

Davidlee

Peyton may not have marvin ,but he's coming full force this year ,and next year when tebow gets to the pro's you can all watch a real football player in action.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
The New England Patroits are loaded,if they stay healthy they will win it all this year.

I forgot to mention the team of the decade ya that's right Steeler fans.
Team of the decade means absolutely nothing to me lol. That's "filler" for the sports writers an so on to generate a little buzz in the offseason. After all, it's not you, me, or any other fan in the country that actually decides that nonsense. It's some jerk that writes articles for a living. The business is different now than it was in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. With free agency and the like it's highly possible there will never be another "Team of the Decade". The Patsies had an extrely impressive run the FIRST HALF of the decade....but as well all saw choked (hard) two years ago, and haven't won anything in the 2nd half of the decade. 18-0 doesn't mean anything if you bomb in the championship my friend. :mischievous:

Having said that, the Patriots (IMO) are on the decline. They will remain very competitive for a few more years, but I don't see any more SB's in the near future. With 2 very good starters on D gone, and Tommy on an unsure knee, I don't see a return of the dominating Patriots they once were. I'm not saying at all that Randy Moss is no longer a dominating force, b/c he is, but he's no spring chicken either.

Oh yeah.....HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
Maybe we'll see ya in the playoffs broheim, if you can get past the Bills and the Dolphins :paranoid:

jesseb1128

jesseb1128

Awards
Late Reply. But Seattle Seahawks baby! I reside in Phoenix but Still LIVE in Seattle

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't grow up in the Bay Area, but when I moved here back in '93 I had to make a choice between the Raiders or the 49ers. You only have to be on a BART train with Raider fans once to realize... the Niners are a much classier choice!:lol: Plus, the Raiders will never be contenders again until Al Davis is six feet under. Being a Bama fan, I'm happy to see Glen Coffee backing up Frank Gore this season. I'll get out to Candlestick for at least two games this season. They may actually have a shot at the NFC West this year.