Which Nfl team do you root for?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
do we really want go into sb records of the steelers VS the cowboys?
Ok, you have a point, you beat us twice and we beat you once.

Keep trucking. If the Steelers get there two more times they'll have as many Superbowl appearances as the Cowboys.

Appearances ↓ Team ↓ Wins ↓ Losses ↓
8 Dallas Cowboys 5 3
6 Pittsburgh Steelers 5 1
6 New England Patriots 3 3

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Ok, you have a point, you beat us twice and we beat you once.

Keep trucking. If the Steelers get there two more times they'll have as many Superbowl appearances as the Cowboys.

Appearances ↓ Team ↓ Wins ↓ Losses ↓
8 Dallas Cowboys 5 3
6 Pittsburgh Steelers 5 1
6 New England Patriots 3 3
I know you're kidding, I think winning percentages count for a lot more especially when 2 of our first three came against the quintesential Cowboys.

:bruce3:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's quite alright, the Pats were definitely better than my Steelers last year but, on another thread we talked about major chokes. Has Tommie boy gotten the "Big Apple" out of his throat yet?:hammer:

When's the last time the steelers had an undefeated regular season again? :think: ;)

Oh yeah........NEVER! :D

Yes, new england lost the super bowl, but if they had won that game we'd be talking about how they accomplished the greatest feat of all-time.

They lost, i'm over it, and i'm sure brady is. The patriots dynasty in this decade more than says enough for their talent and accomplisments.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Neil Odonnell was a bum!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When's the last time the steelers had an undefeated regular season again? :think: ;)

Oh yeah........NEVER! :D

Yes, new england lost the super bowl, but if they had won that game we'd be talking about how they accomplished the greatest feat of all-time.

They lost, i'm over it, and i'm sure brady is. The patriots dynasty in this decade more than says enough for their talent and accomplisments.

You forgot 1 thing: *

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
I believe the cowboys who were a better team then the steelers last year also got their asses handed to them just about in the same manner. So stay on your mini horse and ride off.

NE 48 dallas 27

NE 34 pitts 13

when was the last time dallas won a superbowl? Now thats funny
Im only 32 so the last two dynasties I can remember were the Cowboys in the 90's and the Pats here recently. Im not old enough to remember when the Steelers were that good. I guess I could go back and check some OLD history books.:lol:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not quite as bad as this.......:lol:

New England wiped their butts with the steelers and their "terrible towels" :lol: ;)

Anthony who? LOL

YouTube - New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers 2007
very ture inbdeed, but losing that game cant compare to the super bowl, espeically considering Boston would have had the sweep of MLB, NBA and NFL if it were not for good ole Eli.

I still root for the gmen (if the steelers arent playing) being from NY

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also like the Tampa Bay Bucs in the NFC. Considering i work a few blocks from Raymond James Stadium, i've met my fair share of bucs players over the years in the E.R.

Not to mention, some badazz tickets! Now that brett favre may be coming to tampa soon, i'm all about going to see brett play. :thumbsup:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dah Stillllers...

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Steelers -- 5 Rings.

Dallas and New England are both good teams -- I don't mind New England. Aside from potential, anybody judging teams at this point (pre-pre-season) is an idiot. They will speak for themselves once they hit the field.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Steelers -- 5 Rings.

Dallas and New England are both good teams -- I don't mind New England. Aside from potential, anybody judging teams at this point (pre-pre-season) is an idiot. They will speak for themselves once they hit the field.
Anyone who judges a team before the season starts is an idiot?

How about a football fan?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Actually he has a good point as a lot of sportswriters are idiots:lol:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Farve is going to the buccaneers...

I hope that he does awful. Sad thing is... a lot of Green Bay fans will follow him. Too many were there just for him and not for the team. I hope we'll have to talk about Brett in the future like two different people. GB Farve and Buccaneers Farve.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who judges a team before the season starts is an idiot?

How about a football fan?
"Aside from potential, anybody judging teams at this point (pre-pre-season) is an idiot."

Yes, calling any team "overrated" based on the player's capabilities before they actually play a game is a stupid thing to say, regardless of who says it.

If they blow the first couple games or end up 8-8, then you'd absolutely have some support to call them overrated. Otherwise, it's just more irritating trash talk. Unless you have some concrete information that directly shows the Steelers (or any team) to be a worse club than they are currently considered, don't you think it's just severely biased opinion?

What makes you think the Steelers are overrated anyways? Who is rating them so high; and why are they wrong and you're right?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
"Aside from potential, anybody judging teams at this point (pre-pre-season) is an idiot."

Yes, calling any team "overrated" based on the player's capabilities before they actually play a game is a stupid thing to say, regardless of who says it.

If they blow the first couple games or end up 8-8, then you'd absolutely have some support to call them overrated. Otherwise, it's just more irritating trash talk. Unless you have some concrete information that directly shows the Steelers (or any team) to be a worse club than they are currently considered, don't you think it's just severely biased opinion?

What makes you think the Steelers are overrated anyways? Who is rating them so high; and why are they wrong and you're right?

Come on man! It's all in good fun...the Steelers could have the greatest team ever assembled and I would still call them garbage! Thats what makes rivalries so great!
:duel:

On a side note, I have such a huge man crush on Favre and it pains me sooooo greatly to see him destroy his legacy like this and for what? Does that man actually just enjoy playing the game that much that he is willing to start over with a new team that is potentially garbage in his twilight years?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, I have such a huge man crush on Favre and it pains me sooooo greatly to see him destroy his legacy like this and for what? Does that man actually just enjoy playing the game that much that he is willing to start over with a new team that is potentially garbage in his twilight years?

Would you say that Joe Montana's legacy was damaged by his move to Kansas City? He didn't have the media circus that Brett is going through but imo I feel his still formidable ability will only add to his legacy, not in GB however.

I think the potential trade sucks for Jeff Garcia who has done nothing but win. he's become the Steve Deberg of this era (for those of you old enough to remember).

Good Shepherd

Awards
Buffalo Bills !!!!
I just wish they would win more often so I would have something to be happy about, Monday's are probably the gloomiest day in Buffalo because everyone is mad about Sunday's game.
Ditto! I'm excited about the season...pmiller - U from Buffalo?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established

Alright, you got me....I just don't like the Steelers. ;)

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
it's not surprising to be the first to say ....DA BEARS...chi-town all day.

avenue Red

Awards
Cowboys all day erry day

Tony Romo 2009 MVP

DeMarcus Ware 2009 Defensive MVP

yes...

its the truth

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
farve is making a mockery of the Packers? What have the packers done, but make a makery of the whole situation? they are both to blame

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Just like my avi, the panthers. Now if the team could just focus Steve Smith's anger towards the opposing team, we might make the playoffs this year.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Been a 49er fan since I was born, back when it was Joe Montana/Bill Walsh and the whole 80's dynasty crew.

IainDaniel

Awards
Packers!

Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Packers!

Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.
Same here. The media won't stop bugging the players though. I want to see Brett play again for the Packers or retire.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Chicago bears and the cowboys...only because i went to college and was in the same fraternity as romo

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
well.. Farve is at the Jets now...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Would you say that Joe Montana's legacy was damaged by his move to Kansas City? He didn't have the media circus that Brett is going through but imo I feel his still formidable ability will only add to his legacy, not in GB however.

I think the potential trade sucks for Jeff Garcia who has done nothing but win. he's become the Steve Deberg of this era (for those of you old enough to remember).

You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
Never heard of them. Is that an Arena football team. jk

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

How you been bud?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

How you been bud?
Hello there bro ! I'm alive but I'm getting addicted to OT pay at my new job and doing an 8 week training course that's eating up my time at the moment but I'll be back with force in the near future and maybe I'll even annoy some Cowboys and Raider fans this year LOL.

Your squad makes me jealous ! They'll be 11-5 at worst and my team will be 8-8 at best but realistically end up at about 6-10.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Steelers fan here. I absolutely loathe all the inane sport's writers claiming Cleveland is the new team to beat in the AFC north. It's been 5 freaking years since they've won a game against the Steelers. How are they the team to beat?

However, I like watching Dallas' flashy offense and speedy defense play. It helps that I hate the Eagles and like to rub it in when they get spanked by the Cowboys on a regular basis. Then rub more salt in the wound when TO burns the Eagles for 100+ in a game.

As far as the Brett Farve thing goes, he got shafted. He started talks with Green Bay a month ago. He agreed to compete for the starting job, but GB didn't want him back. I wish him the best of luck in NY with the Jets. I think he gives them a shot to make a .500 season or better. I mean Pennington took them to the playoffs only a few years back. So if he can, Farve can. I don't think this tarnishes his legend at all. Everyone knows Farve is like a kid who loves to play football, and GB didn't want to let him play anymore. So he moved on. It would be ironic if GB ends with a sub .500 record and the Jets a winning record.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !

It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It definitely takes a great team to dominate that long. They still were among the best even after Montana left the club in 1993. What does help Montana's legacy is that he played real well with the Chiefs for 2 years. Many of the other greats like Unitas, Namath, Starr etc played pretty awful when they left their squad but Montana nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl and they were AFC contenders both years he was there. His comeback against the Broncos is also a classic. He also had a great Play-Off comeback victory against the Steelers in 1993 when the Steelers had possibly the NFL's top defense.

They made the NFC Championship game in 81,83,84,88-90,92-94, & 97. If you count 1972 then that's 11 times we've been to the NFC title game :D If Steve Young didn't get injured in 1991 then they probably would have made it against the Redskins. I do think the Redskins would have won because Ricky Watters was injured at that time and our running game was just average while the Redskins had a dominant running game, a good deep passing game, and a sturdy defense.

Damn, I miss the good old days in the 80's when Metallica and the 49ers ruled the world plus juice was easy to get LOL.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.

That's a great saying because the NFL is a QB oriented league. Very few teams have won the Super Bowl with a below average QB. OTOH, some QB's do get too much credit because they can be a product of the system.

avenue Red

Awards
its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol
Just like last year right.......:rolleyes:

avenue Red

Awards
were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...
Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. When they run the table, then i'll believe it, however In the mean time, don't be offended by me saying "It ain't gonna happen" ;)