Whey protein causing acne. Need an alternative.

VolleyballNut

VolleyballNut

Awards
I am 43 years old and finally figured out what has been causing the slight acne on my forehead for the last few years....whey protein. I know it is that because when I am not taking any supplements of any kind I get better. I then add my protein shakes and it breaks out. I thought it was just my skin. I didn't know whey protein can cause acne. I use almond milk a lot, so my milk intake is minimal. I've been using USP OxyElite most recently. Are there any other alternatives, other than eating a pound of red meat after my workouts? With three kids in three sports, my wife and a job, I don't have a lot of flexibility to get this protein via food during the day.

xhrr

Awards
I am 43 years old and finally figured out what has been causing the slight acne on my forehead for the last few years....whey protein. I know it is that because when I am not taking any supplements of any kind I get better. I then add my protein shakes and it breaks out. I thought it was just my skin. I didn't know whey protein can cause acne. I use almond milk a lot, so my milk intake is minimal. I've been using USP OxyElite most recently. Are there any other alternatives, other than eating a pound of red meat after my workouts? With three kids in three sports, my wife and a job, I don't have a lot of flexibility to get this protein via food during the day.
Well almond milk isn't milk per say. I'm guessing you have a milk allergy so in that case you should try and watch your dairy consumption.

Try a plant based protein powder such as rawfusion by SAN.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
what have you been mixing the whey with?
Never heard if this in 30 years of training....

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Well almond milk isn't milk per say. I'm guessing you have a milk allergy so in that case you should try and watch your dairy consumption.

Try a plant based protein powder such as rawfusion by SAN.
Or a Isolate