whey or a blend for a breakfast pre workout meal

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
My breakfast is also my pre workout meal. I've done pro complex (a blend) for as long as I can remember for it. But just wanting to get some input on if I would be better off going with whey for it since obviously it's a bit faster acting. My thinking was it has to last 3 hours in my system before I can get to my PWO meal, so a blend would stay in the system longer.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My breakfast is also my pre workout meal. I've done pro complex (a blend) for as long as I can remember for it. But just wanting to get some input on if I would be better off going with whey for it since obviously it's a bit faster acting. My thinking was it has to last 3 hours in my system before I can get to my PWO meal, so a blend would stay in the system longer.
Either or would be ok - I personally think a blend would be better. Or you could use Maximum Absorbed Protein. Add in some frozen fruit or something like VitaBerry to make it more complete.

~Rosie~

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im a huge fan of fasted workouts when I lift in the morning. Give it a shot. I usually take an anabolic pump along with some BCAAs, lift, drink some more bcaas, and then have my breakfeast.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im a huge fan of fasted workouts when I lift in the morning...
I do this as well, regardless - but not everyone prefers to train on an empty stomach, Josh :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do this as well, regardless - but not everyone prefers to train on an empty stomach, Josh :)
interested to know if you take anything prior? I was first introduced to fasted workouts by a post here regarding anabolic pump

I am embarking on a new cycle of training after returning from a 10 day rest and deconditioning period. Well, I did not rest much due to travel and activities but I have deconditioned to the point that it is calling me to hit it again. I have renewed motivation and enthusiasm. As well my last day of training was on my 43rd birthday.

I would like to thank my friend Mullet for the personalized and advanced USPLabs product application protocol. I have every confidence in USPlabs and even more confidence in Mullet.

As a result of my own personal dedication and motivation, USPlabs products and Mullets previous protocols and counsel I am already in the greatest shape of my life. I am at the leanest and heaviest I have ever been. This was achieved with sub part intensity to due my injury which has reached about 85% recovered in strength and size.

My goals are to continue to increase LBM while maintaining or decreasing body fat.

The following is an outline of my pre and post workout supplementation.

Upon Rising:
USPLabs Recreate™ - 2 caps
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 3 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 cap
SupperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap

+30 mins later intra w/o drink:
Xtend BCAA - 12.5g
NutraPlanet Leucine - 7g
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine - 3g
NutraPlanet Creatine Mono - 2.5g

During which time I will begin low intensity treadmill warm-up for 10-15mins followed by site specific stretching and warm-up for approximately 10 mins and I will dilute throughout workout and consume last bit upon the last set.

Last Resistance Training Set:
P-Slin™ - 1 cap
Begin 15 to 20 mins static moderate intensity treadmill

Immediate Post Work Out Shake:
Xtend BCAA - 12.5g
NutraPlanet Leucine - 7g
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine - 3g
NutraPlanet Creatine Mono - 2.5g
NutraPlanet KWICK KARB™ (Waxy Maize Starch) - 25 to 30g*

Second Post Workout Shake/Meal:
Ground oats - 25g*
Whey Protein Isolate - 50g
I was just curious if there was anything specific you did prior to your fasted training? I am looking to experiment with some new methods even though this has been great for me but want to be able to compare it to another method.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
interested to know if you take anything prior? I was first introduced to fasted workouts by a post here regarding anabolic pump

I was just curious if there was anything specific you did prior to your fasted training? I am looking to experiment with some new methods even though this has been great for me but want to be able to compare it to another method.
Nope - I don't take or do anything prior to my training, except my "first thing" supplements (which you will notice if you have ever followed any of my logs) and that's it. Right now my first thing is only Vitamin C and IGF-2 (run out of nutrient repartitioners and stimulants, and not using creatine for a bit). I've always done this, though, and usually start training within 90 minutes of getting up, so that makes a difference as well.

~Rosie~