Where to get blood tests done?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Obviously I don't want to go to my doctor to get tests done. It's not going to be covered by insurance, and he'll most likely report the resulte to my insurance company. When I do a bulking cycle, obviously some of the values are going to change off the norm and that will negatively affect my insurance rates and possibly my ability ot get insurance in the future.

So, does anyone know how I can find where to go to get blood tests done anonymously in northern New Jersey?

I would like to find a place to get them done before I start my cycle so I can get a reading when I start, when I end, and when PCT ends. I'll post the results here of course so others can learn from it and what to expect from my cycle.

Btw, my bulking cycle will start 2 weeks from Monday and will be:

Week 1: 60mg M1,4AD / 320mg 1-Test (transdermal) / 300mg 1,4andro
Week 2: 80mg M1,4AD / 400mg 1-Test (transdermal) / 600mg 1,4andro
Week 3-4: 100mg M1,4AD / 480mg 1-Test (transdermal) / 900mg 1,4andro
Week 5-6: 900mg 1,4andro / 60mg Nolva (liquid) / 2.25g Tribulus / ZMA

In case you're wondering about the Nolva and Trib in weeks 5 and 6, 1,4andro is not very suppressive of HPTA and I firmly believe it would be possible to begin recovery while still on it. I'm taking 1,4andro for weeks 5 and 6 because all recommendations I've seen state that it is only effective in cycles at least 6 weeks long. I'm hoping the 1,4andro will give me some added vascularity due to boldenone's property of increasing red blood cell count. I also think the boldenone should help keep my appetite as high as it can be for this cycle. Part of what I hope to find out is whether or not this is true. If it isn't, then the worst that will happen is that I wasted the extra Nolva. No harm there really as far as I see. I'll get tested before Week 1, at the beginning of Week 5, and at the end of Week 6. This way we'll see how much I was suppressed at the end of week 4, and we'll see if weeks 5 and 6 were actually successful at raising my natural test a little. I'll also get tested again 3 weeks after week 6 ends, and 6 weeks after week 6 ends to see how liver values, and more importantly lipid profiles and HPTA is recovering.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Never been to Jersey, but just open your yellow pages and there are prob half a dozen close to your area. The closest one I use is called Quest Diagnostic. Very cheap, so you can pay w/out the insurance issues. Results in a week or so usually.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Here is the place that I used: http://www.mcssl.com/app/aftrack.asp?afid=134410 If you choose to use this link, it will give me a whopping $3 credit towards my own tests. The site is called Health Tests Direct. I checked all of the other places I could find which offer this kind of thing, but this was by far the best deal, $42 tested GGT, ALT, AST, Albumin, alkaline phosphatase, Bilirubin (total), calcium, carbon dioxide, chloride, creatinine, glucose, potassium, protein (total), sodium, urea nitrogen (BUN).

The cost for the blood draw is $15. You give them your zip code, and they tell you a clinic to go to. It doesn't matter where you live. You just need to print out a few pages that they email you. The tests I had done were the Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, which includes AST & ALT. This cost $20.http://health-tests-direct.com/what...BOLIC_PANEL.htm Then I added the GGT test. This is the most important indicator of liver damage (AST & ALT fluctuate, going up for instance after a hard workout). This cost $7. So the total was $42. I received the results, by email, in two days.

From what I had been told before, bloodwork looked like it was going to cost $150-200 per time. $42 is not a lot, and after this cycle, I think I will just check GGT periodically, which would just be $22.

Also, don't exercise for at least a day, better two, before the blood draw, and you are supposed to not eat for at least 12 hours before. So schedule your draw for noonish, and just eat supper the night before, then nothing until the draw, i.e. skip breakfast. Then with all the money you saved, go buy yourself a big lunch.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Another question. These ones are about testosterone levels.

1) Does methyl-boldenone, aka Dianabol, influence the accuracy of a testosterone test?
2) Does boldenone, aka Equipoise, influence the accuracy of a testosterone test?
3) Do I need to get the "free testosterone" test done, or is total sufficient for telling me my natural testosterone levels?
I already know 1-Testosterone does not register on a testosterone test.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
1) yes
2) yes
3) not sure, IMHO the more info the better.
1-test does not register on a testosterone test, but it does shutdown natty test production... as does any exogenous anabolic/androgenic steroidal hormone to some extent.

ManBeast

PS. thanks for the link strateg0s

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So both Methyl-boldenone and boldenone show up as testosterone on a testosterone count test?

I understand perfectly well both shut down natural testosterone production. That's not what I'm asking.

I also know 1-Test shuts down test. Virtually all androgenic hormones are suppressive of natural testosterone to some degree. All I'm concerned about is if it shows up AS testosterone when you run a testosterone count test. For that, I know 1-Test does NOT show up. So, for example, if you were just taking 1-Test, after a week or so, your testosterone count would be about zero. However if you took 4AD your testosterone count would actually go up even though your natural levels would be low. The reason is that 4AD turns into testosteron which of course shows up as testosterone on a testosterone count test.

If methylboldenone and boldenone show up as testosterone on a testosterone test, then I might as well not bother testing for testosterone, because it won't show my natural levels; which is all I'm concerned about.

However, if they do not show up as testosterone on a testosterone count test, then I can get a test count done in order to see what my natural levels are. This will show me how supressed I am at the beginning of week 5 (probably at 0), and more importantly it will show me whether weeks 5 and 6 wind up actually being effective at rasing my testosterone levels. If they do, then that's good news for all: it means that you can take Nolva while taking 1,4andro and prevent HPTA supression. If not, then it means 1,4andro supresses natural test enough to make it impossible to bring it to normal until usage has stopped completely.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
I think getting your testosterone levels tested is something of a luxury rather than a priority. You have to do PCT in any case, and you know you will be suppressed, it is just a question of how much. More interesting than your test levels right after the cycle would be the levels right after you think you are done with your PCT.

Also, if you go to the AvantLabs forums, there may be a post that I started which could be of interest to you. ... best legal cycle ...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If you are going to test your free/natural test, do it while not on cycle. It's a waste when "on" anything, even thoug it doesn't show up on the test screening as test, it will have impact on the measurement nonetheless. I really don't believe there is a non-suppressive steroidal hormone out there.

ManBeast

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are going to test your free/natural test, do it while not on cycle. It's a waste when "on" anything, even thoug it doesn't show up on the test screening as test, it will have impact on the measurement nonetheless. I really don't believe there is a non-suppressive steroidal hormone out there.

ManBeast
Yes every steroidal hormone is suppressive but some moreso than others. M1T for example can shut you down completely in about 3 days. Whereas compounds like M4OHN take a lot longer.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
*shrug* to me shutdown is shutdown, the concept of a bridge with anabolics is just something that doesn't happen in my world.

ManBeast

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
*shrug* to me shutdown is shutdown, the concept of a bridge with anabolics is just something that doesn't happen in my world.

ManBeast
When you don't do anything to combat it, of course shutdown will seem the same from any compound. However if a compound does not give off a very powerful negative feedback signal, it may be possible to raise natural test somewhat while still oncycle. I think if any compound has the potential for being mild enough on the negative feedback to achieve this, it's 1,4andro.

Of course, right now for me this is just theory. That's one of the things I want to test with this cycle.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I just don't think that you can stimulate the HPTA through any means unless you can somehow fool it into thinking that levels are all normal.

ManBeast

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just don't think that you can stimulate the HPTA through any means unless you can somehow fool it into thinking that levels are all normal.

ManBeast
Shutdown occurs because of negative feedback. You have 2 major sources of negative feedback: androgens and estrogens. Nolvadex will take care of all negative feedback due to estrogens. So all that's left is taking care of negative feedback due to androgens. Since 1,4andro is not very suppressive that means it does not release a very powerful negative feedback signal. This in turn means it is easier to inhibit that negative feedback signal. A number of compounds are capable of inhibting negative feedback. 2 natural ones include Longifolia and Tribulus. The 1 pharmaceutical one is Clomid. From personal experience though, I can safely say I hate Clomid. It made me an emotional trainwreck, and the visiual distortions disturbed me even though they were mild and only seemed to occur at night. However I would like to see if 1,4andro is weak enough that sufficient quantities of Tribulus will be enogh to inhibit the negative feedback generated by 1,4andro. I'll start it off at 3g of Bulgarian Tribulus (45% steroidal saponins). Standard dose is 750mg. So that's 4 times the normal. When you have normal testosterone levels that wouldn't do anything extra for you because Tribulus works by inhibiting negative feedback due to androgen production and normal levels of androgens do not produce large amounts of negative feedback. However with an outside source of androgens, in this case the prohormone 1,4andro, the amount of negative feedback will be higher than normal. Thus taking more Tribulus should actually benefit me.

I could be wrong of course. But that's what I'm going to find out. If there is a way to get blood tests to see actual numbers showing me levels of suppression, then that would make it much easier to judge effectiveness. Otherwise I'll have to go by how I feel when I go off the 1,4andro completely and start full PCT, and then judge finally by getting tested at the end of PCT to ensure I've fully recovered.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Be careful w/ the Longjack, I've had bad effects from it before. Also, if Trib works for you, try Fenugreek. It's like the Cadi of tribulus IMO. You could have your LH or SHBG tested, but I agree w/ the rest, it's not helpful right now. I agree that clomid sux, that's why I feel so strongly about limiting SERM use. That visual distortion is really phos. acid accumulating in you eyes. People don't realize that SERMs are toxic. I knew a wonen who had to get all of her teeth extracted after using Tam too long. For what it's worth, A50 @ 25mg/day doesn't suppress me at all. Good bridger.

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
this site has good cheap testing

http://www.directlabs.com/testtypes.php#cwp

Comprehensive Wellness Profile™

#1 ordered test - year after year!
Over 50 individual tests to provide a thorough Biochemical assessment of your health, and includes:
Lipid panel (cholesterol, HDL, LDL, the risk ratio, triglycerides)
Complete Blood Count (CBC's)
Fluids and Electrolytes
Thyroid Panel w/TSH
Liver Panel
Kidney Panel
Glucose (Diabetes)
Mineral and Bone

DLS Price $89

or this for testosterone

http://www.lab-safe.com/?p=12&cmd=detail&pid=426&sid=271&hid=24

http://www.lab-safe.com/?p=12&cmd=detail&pid=428&sid=272&hid=24

http://www.lab-safe.com/?p=12&cmd=product&hid=24&sid=273