When should I get bloods to check my e2?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Currently on cycle taking 12.5 my aromasin two times a week. One on mon and one on Thurs. Noticed it may be high and having puffy face so wanted to change it to 3x a week. So this past week I took it on mon, Thurs, and sat. When should I get bloods done? Can I go tmro on Monday ? Just don't want to crash e2 . Or should I take it again Monday and get tested Tues?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You should have tested estrogen before you started taking a ai.

A puffy face or holding water does not mean you're estrogens high, aldosterone is what's responsible for fluid retention.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You should have tested estrogen before you started taking a ai.

A puffy face or holding water does not mean you're estrogens high, aldosterone is what's responsible for fluid retention.
Before on no ai e2 was 106 on and that was only on trt dose of 175mg.

What's aldosterone? Can you explain more? I'll try to do some research

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Aldosterone is a hormone that regulates the sodium and water balance in the body. When it's out of whack you get bloated, instead of holding water in your muscles it goes under the skin.

There is a correlation between estrogen and aldosterone but it's the aldesterone that's making you bloated. I think it's about mineral balance if I'm not mistaken.

My only point is you don't want to crush your estrogen trying to control bloat. You can fix it with your diet, and also a ARB will handle this problem much better then a ai.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Aldosterone is a hormone that regulates the sodium and water balance in the body. When it's out of whack you get bloated, instead of holding water in your muscles it goes under the skin.

There is a correlation between estrogen and aldosterone but it's the aldesterone that's making you bloated. I think it's about mineral balance if I'm not mistaken.

My only point is you don't want to crush your estrogen trying to control bloat. You can fix it with your diet, and also a ARB will handle this problem much better then a ai.
Interesting man. Thanks. You think I should try to come off the ai or just keep it to twice a week? Watch my diet pretty good and limit my sodium. I just hate having a ripped body but then having a bloated face.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Interesting man. Thanks. You think I should try to come off the ai or just keep it to twice a week? Watch my diet pretty good and limit my sodium. I just hate having a ripped body but then having a bloated face.
I'm hesitant to answer you because I would just be guessing and I don't wanna steer you wrong.

You could try making sure your minerals/electrolytes are in check. You don't need low sodium but you need a good balance between sodium and potassium. You could also try a natural diuretic like dandelion root. Stay well hydrated. I'm a fan of only taking an AI when needed, but aromason is pretty forgiving in my opinion so if you're going to overdo an AI that's probably the one to overdue. If you're not experiencing any low estrogen side effects maybe run with it and just work on fixing the mineral and electrolyte stuff.

I do find it strange how some people only hold water in their face it just doesn't make sense to me LOL. I know it's a real thing though.

Lots of guys get rid of that with the ARB and a clean diet. Telmasartan and losartan both seem to be the popular ones. I always try to keep those in my stash

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm hesitant to answer you because I would just be guessing and I don't wanna steer you wrong.

You could try making sure your minerals/electrolytes are in check. You don't need low sodium but you need a good balance between sodium and potassium. You could also try a natural diuretic like dandelion root. Stay well hydrated. I'm a fan of only taking an AI when needed, but aromason is pretty forgiving in my opinion so if you're going to overdo an AI that's probably the one to overdue. If you're not experiencing any low estrogen side effects maybe run with it and just work on fixing the mineral and electrolyte stuff.

I do find it strange how some people only hold water in their face it just doesn't make sense to me LOL. I know it's a real thing though.

Lots of guys get rid of that with the ARB and a clean diet. Telmasartan and losartan both seem to be the popular ones. I always try to keep those in my stash
Thanks man appreciate the help. I'm getting my mid cycle bloods tmro so I'll be able to see all my counts

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Hey man last question. So last week was my first week doing 3x a week. 12.5 mg on Monday Thursday and Saturday. Couldn't make it today for my bloods and will be going tmro (Tues) instead. Should I take my ai today (Monday) or wait till after bloods. What will give me best reading.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey man last question. So last week was my first week doing 3x a week. 12.5 mg on Monday Thursday and Saturday. Couldn't make it today for my bloods and will be going tmro (Tues) instead. Should I take my ai today (Monday) or wait till after bloods. What will give me best reading.
That depends, do you want to know what your estrogen is on three times a week dosing or two times a week dosing,

You should be dosing in accordance to what your looking for

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
2x week is probably a better bet because that's what you were doing most of the cycle

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hydration is something commonly overlooked..
Z...