Whats new in the supplement game ???

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FWIW, I took 2 scoops of Bloodshr3d Black Magic yesterday and was pouring sweat. I have a suit & tie job and I literally had to go home during the day to change. No shakes or chills, but the actual amount of sweat was a bit uncomfortable in my work clothes. I don't remember the last time something made me sweat like that.

I will say that I don't normally take fat burners/thermos. I'm generally between 10-15% body fat year round (I don't measure, but have visible abs and the "abdominal v"). And if I do take them, it's just for the energy/mood/focus aspect - which was only so/so with Bloodshred.

I haven't tried Radiate+ because I'm sensitive to Y/Alpha-Y - which will give me shakes, chills, etc. But for that, I'd certainly give it a try based on reviews for energy/mood/focus. So if you're sensitive to Y, BS may be a good option. However, it only has 300mg of KSM so maybe it's just clinically under dosed garbage???
The caffeine alone is 6 cups of coffee.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FWIW, I took 2 scoops of Bloodshr3d Black Magic yesterday and was pouring sweat. I have a suit & tie job and I literally had to go home during the day to change. No shakes or chills, but the actual amount of sweat was a bit uncomfortable in my work clothes. I don't remember the last time something made me sweat like that.

I will say that I don't normally take fat burners/thermos. I'm generally between 10-15% body fat year round (I don't measure, but have visible abs and the "abdominal v"). And if I do take them, it's just for the energy/mood/focus aspect - which was only so/so with Bloodshred.

I haven't tried Radiate+ because I'm sensitive to Y/Alpha-Y - which will give me shakes, chills, etc. But for that, I'd certainly give it a try based on reviews for energy/mood/focus. So if you're sensitive to Y, BS may be a good option. However, it only has 300mg of KSM so maybe it's just clinically under dosed garbage???
I’ve only done 1 scoop first thing morning for commute. I get slight cold chills, no sweat, only a tad warm but it killed my appetite for a good 4-5 hrs. Today instead of taking it i took 1 scoop of re1gn to commute and i was really hungry up until i broke fasts 3hrs later.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beet juice powder is literally a beet extract, and I’ll bet you money it won’t have a higher nitrate content than the premium standardized extracts.

It’s inherently an extraction process...
beet juice powder is not a beef extract if we're trying to be specific here.

an extract is when an herb/plant is modified by taking subjecting it to a specific substance like water or alcohol and removing certain compounds from that herb/plant, thereby isolating and or concentrating them.

beet juice powder is just dehydrating the beet juice itself, meaning that it still has all the same basic constituents in the ratios they're found in naturally (minus the water of course). So if beet root normally has 1% nitrates and 6% magic fairy dust, the resulting beet juice powder will have those same 15% nitrates and 6% magic fairy dust.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I’ve only done 1 scoop first thing morning for commute. I get slight cold chills, no sweat, only a tad warm but it killed my appetite for a good 4-5 hrs. Today instead of taking it i took 1 scoop of re1gn to commute and i was really hungry up until i broke fasts 3hrs later.
See, I tried re1gn and got cold sweats. I figured it was the Stim X. I enjoyed the old BS WAR version so I was happy that the BM edition doesn't have Y (or Stim X). Thankfully no chills/shakes for me. Just massive sweating. I was a little disappointed with the energy, but (1) I use a lot of stims and don't take breaks, and (2) I can't judge that aspect off one use. Even my go-to energy powders fail me ever once in awhile if I don't get enough sleep, am stressed, etc. I'll give it another shot when I'm not in a suit!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
See, I tried re1gn and got cold sweats. I figured it was the Stim X. I enjoyed the old BS WAR version so I was happy that the BM edition doesn't have Y (or Stim X). Thankfully no chills/shakes for me. Just massive sweating. I was a little disappointed with the energy, but (1) I use a lot of stims and don't take breaks, and (2) I can't judge that aspect off one use. Even my go-to energy powders fail me ever once in awhile if I don't get enough sleep, am stressed, etc. I'll give it another shot when I'm not in a suit!
Invictus for stress and pregnenolone to improve performance of stims-trust me I am a heavy stim user.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
You guys have been such a help the ash has improved my semen volume and mood so far.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Beetroot concentrate is literally beetroot extract. It’s used to make concentrated beet juice just like orange juice concentrate is used to make orange juice from concentrate.
Yeah, but you somehow seem to think UNconcentrated beet root powder is the same as concentrated beet extract. It isn’t. Quit acting like it is.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
beet juice powder is not a beef extract if we're trying to be specific here.

an extract is when an herb/plant is modified by taking subjecting it to a specific substance like water or alcohol and removing certain compounds from that herb/plant, thereby isolating and or concentrating them.

beet juice powder is just dehydrating the beet juice itself, meaning that it still has all the same basic constituents in the ratios they're found in naturally (minus the water of course). So if beet root normally has 1% nitrates and 6% magic fairy dust, the resulting beet juice powder will have those same 15% nitrates and 6% magic fairy dust.
You’re forgetting to subtract the water from the equation, if it’s 1% nitrates and 6% fairy dust, and 93% WATER.... the resulting powder will be nitrates and fairy dust minus water, so then more like 80% fairy dust and 20% nitrates. Math is fun, concentration is concentration. That’s how it works. Same ratio, minus the water. Percent does not equal ratio. The ratio stays same, the concentration (per cent) increases in proportion to the reduction of liquid.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You’re forgetting to subtract the water from the equation, if it’s 1% nitrates and 6% fairy dust, and 93% WATER.... the resulting powder will be nitrates and fairy dust minus water, so then more like 80% fairy dust and 20% nitrates. Math is fun, concentration is concentration. That’s how it works. Same ratio, minus the water. Percent does not equal ratio. The ratio stays same, the concentration (per cent) increases in proportion to the reduction of liquid.
Or you can get a standardized dose of nitrates conveniently capped as potassium nitrate for less than a quarter a serving. ;)

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Or you can get a standardized dose of nitrates conveniently capped as potassium nitrate for less than a quarter a serving. ;)
I have actually just ordered this off alibaba.com ! 9.99 a month ffor 3 years

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have nitroglycerin (glycerol trinitrate) tablets. I get them for free from the pharmacy. Like I said. That’s got plenty of nitrogen.

I actually enjoy the beet juice powder as it covers the taste of all the other aminos in my pump mix, it’s cheap as hell, and the pumps last all night after training when mixed with those aminos.

Take away one ingredient and the effects are much less. Maybe it’s not nitrates, I just assumed pump=nitrogen. There’s SOMETHING in it doing that, though. I’m not just making **** up to sell more beets bahahahaha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have actually just ordered this off alibaba.com ! 9.99 a month ffor 3 years
Please tell me you didn’t order fertilizer-grade potassium nitrate from China lol. It should be food-grade capsules haha. Just making sure.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Please tell me you didn’t order fertilizer-grade potassium nitrate from China lol. It should be food-grade capsules haha. Just making sure.
He was just doing what you told him to do. Poor Amon, he was only a boy....

Should’ve just bought beet juice powder...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He was just doing what you told him to do. Poor Amon, he was only a boy....

Should’ve just bought beet juice powder...
And have no way of knowing if he’s getting a full ergogenic dose of nitrates. Sure. When there are assurances of potency so readily and affordably available, why not opt to use them? Just to be special?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wait, so that's bad, right?... check. Only food grade from now on.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Omg :( its non consumable wtf they gonna put me on a watch list now haha

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Creatine Mono.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Omg :( its non consumable wtf they gonna put me on a watch list now haha
Admin or whoever makes these decisions, can I please just publicly say where to buy the potassium nitrate capsules for human consumption so people don’t buy fertilizer? It’s not even from a fitness-oriented site or company.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have nitroglycerin (glycerol trinitrate) tablets. I get them for free from the pharmacy. Like I said. That’s got plenty of nitrogen.

I actually enjoy the beet juice powder as it covers the taste of all the other aminos in my pump mix, it’s cheap as hell, and the pumps last all night after training when mixed with those aminos.

Take away one ingredient and the effects are much less. Maybe it’s not nitrates, I just assumed pump=nitrogen. There’s SOMETHING in it doing that, though. I’m not just making **** up to sell more beets bahahahaha
I believe you when you say either that it works or that you think it works. Rock on if its working for you...that's all that matters ultimately.

But the reality here is that beet root powder or juice or whatever else it is has a very low level of nitrates. In order to get an appreciable dose of nitrates one would need to ingest a HUGE amount of raw plant material.

Attachments

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

to hell with pills...I want some of that nitroglycerin you can spray on the Johnson!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have some old nos ether from my competition days
that og diesel nos ether was great!!! haven't used it in awhile....you might want to put it in the freezer then break off chunks and put in blender.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
that og diesel nos ether was great!!! haven't used it in awhile....you might want to put it in the freezer then break off chunks and put in blender.
Its unopened so hopefully it isnt expired

Standup

Banned
Awards
CBD and Hemp extracts are pretty new and the feds just legalized hemp so it's game on.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just smoke some cannabis (weed) preworkout, which is nothing new. They did that in the 70s.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just smoke some cannabis (weed) preworkout, which is nothing new. They did that in the 70s.
What standup is talking about is quite different than recreational marijuana. But maybe you were just messing around?

Standup

Banned
Awards
What standup is talking about is quite different than recreational marijuana. But maybe you were just messing around?
Marijuana is cannabis usually with high levels of THC (the part that makes you high, relieves severe pain, and can causes all the cardio and mental side effects like addiction, high hr or bp, etc) and low to no CBD. Hemp extracts only have 0.3% or less THC and anywhere from like 10-100% CBD and other cannabinoids, terpenes, etc so more commonly promoted for pain, inflammation, anxiety, cancer, some mental illnesses, seizures, etc.

Since the farm bill passed it's crazy how many kinds of hemp is out there everything from hemp flower to cbd nasal sprays and suppositories.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Marijuana is cannabis usually with high levels of THC (the part that makes you high, relieves severe pain, and can causes all the cardio and mental side effects like addiction, high hr or bp, etc) and low to no CBD. Hemp extracts only have 0.3% or less THC and anywhere from like 10-100% CBD and other cannabinoids, terpenes, etc so more commonly promoted for pain, inflammation, anxiety, cancer, some mental illnesses, seizures, etc.

Since the farm bill passed it's crazy how many kinds of hemp is out there everything from hemp flower to cbd nasal sprays and suppositories.
Yeah I was being cheeky. Crohn doesn’t have much of a sense of reality or humor.

Though I do find the thc helps the overall ergogenic effect, in addition to high levels of cbd and CBC. Basically in my experience the more potent overall with the three major cannabinoids, the better for performance, specifically in hypertrophic training.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve actually been adding a low CBN (high cbd and CBC supposedly guaranteed) hemp extract to my usual preworkout dosage of cannabis (500mg) and my post workout dosage as well (another 500mg)

Standup

Banned
Awards
Yeah I was being cheeky. Crohn doesn’t have much of a sense of reality or humor.

Though I do find the thc helps the overall ergogenic effect, in addition to high levels of cbd and CBC. Basically in my experience the more potent overall with the three major cannabinoids, the better for performance, specifically in hypertrophic training.
Nice feedback. I've heard it increases focus and mind to muscle connection for some. Are you vaping it? No sides you can tell?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice feedback. I've heard it increases focus and mind to muscle connection for some. Are you vaping it? No sides you can tell?
I smoke it. Ive been smoking it for too long not to want to smoke it over other ways. It’s strongest that way for sure unless you’re using butane hash oil of some kind, and even then the plant itself smoked still seems like it can be more overall potent, thicker feeling in a way if it’s the right strain. A good (well grown) OG Kush is probably ideal. It opens the bronchioles and bronchi (from inhalation) as well as dilating the blood vessels (from ingestion). The cerebral effect enhances mind muscle connection and increases focus almost to a fault. It can increase endurance via this mechanism as well as via the pain relief aspect some experience.

So I smoke it. Arnold smoked it, Tom platz smoked it. Lots of golden era guys smoked it. It’s fine. For me.

I suppose a good strong shatter and some high potency hemp extract together vaped would be pretty perfect. And modern.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Side effects are hunger, possible lethargy, possible anxiety, and possible psychological dependence. (Edit: and FORGETFULNESS) It’s enjoyable enough to not ever want to stop using it, for sure. If one is very young then it can mess up their brain development. The endocannabinoid system is left crippled and dependent upon it for mood stability.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It changes your mind to muscle connection which for some (non athletic people) may inhibit coordination or reaction time.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
I need something for more intensity any good stamina boosters ?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PeakO2 and rhodiola.
I know COP showed promise (as an Injectable but the research just up and stopped) as an endurance “enhancer”. Anecdotally, for me it helped.

Thoughts?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know COP showed promise (as an Injectable but the research just up and stopped) as an endurance “enhancer”. Anecdotally, for me it helped.

Thoughts?
It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the research or used it, but if it works for you and it’s not breaking the bank, I say go for it. I’d recommend PeakO2 and rhodiola first (and daily beta alanine it you’re doing things that require more endurance than just normal lifting), but beyond that, it’s up to you really.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the research or used it, but if it works for you and it’s not breaking the bank, I say go for it. I’d recommend PeakO2 and rhodiola first (and daily beta alanine it you’re doing things that require more endurance than just normal lifting), but beyond that, it’s up to you really.
cordyceps...mst

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Isn’t PeakO2 predominantly cordyceps militaris, which is supposed to be superior to sinensis. No need for PeakO2 AND more cordyceps IMO.
I got greater results from mst cordygen-nano2 elite than I ever have from peakO2

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Apex Alchemy Lithos. Transdermal Urolithin B. So far so good. Day one