What's everyone's EDC?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know, talking about this stuff settles it. I'm going to the pistol range Christmas day. Anybody else wanna go? Shoot the same caliber I do and ammo's on me. Then we'll come back and start reloading.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Springfield mod xd2 .45

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You know, talking about this stuff settles it. I'm going to the pistol range Christmas day. Anybody else wanna go? Shoot the same caliber I do and ammo's on me. Then we'll come back and start reloading.
I'd be down but I only have one arm pretty much. Could I one arm a 50bmg with my offhand?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SO After some reading last night I learned that I got 3 days of in school suspension back in Highschool for something that was totally legal. I had brought a pocket knife clipped on to my work pants and didn't realize it, someone saw it and ratted me out.

The law specifically states that if you knowingly carry a knife, except pocket knives with a folding blade under 3 inches, you can be convicted of a class 1 misdemeanor. So I got in school suspension for something totally legal..... -.- now I'm pissed off

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20 gauge Benelli Nova strapped to my back 24/7

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spyderco Rookie.

Situational Awareness

The handgun I trained on is too large for concealed carry. Beretta 92FS My preferred handbun is a High Power Browning. Also too large. There is a baby browning but it is rare.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My everyday carry right now is a shield 9mm with the original safety. Depending on where I'm gonna go I'll switch it out for a glock23.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm down! We'll be going anyways. I picked out a nice kimber for my mother in law to give to my father in law for Christmas. We'll be shooting lots of 45 that day.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm thinking my EDC will be a S&W 500. Gotta protect my rice as I drag it through the streets you know?

Honestly tho I've heard that's the worst gun ever made in terms of being fun to shoot n stuff

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see a good deal on a Gen 4 Glock 19 with night sights and 3 mags. $410 (after using a 10% off coupon), available for LE only.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking my EDC will be a S&W 500. Gotta protect my rice as I drag it through the streets you know?

Honestly tho I've heard that's the worst gun ever made in terms of being fun to shoot n stuff
You every watch demolition ranch on YouTube. He says it's his least favorite gun ever. I've shot one. Once. Never again.

Did you know they make a 357 magnum 1911. That's a real gun

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You every watch demolition ranch on YouTube. He says it's his least favorite gun ever. I've shot one. Once. Never again.

****ing LOVE Matt holy ****... he got me in to shooting actually... plan on buying his AR 30 A1 by armalite. Looks like a **** ton of fun to shoot

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
****ing LOVE Matt holy ****... he got me in to shooting actually... plan on buying his AR 30 A1 by armalite. Looks like a **** ton of fun to shoot
You just know him from YouTube right? Cause if you "know" him you have to introduce me. I love his videos. I wish I could get paid to shoot guns. Lol.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You just know him from YouTube right? Cause if you "know" him you have to introduce me. I love his videos. I wish I could get paid to shoot guns. Lol.
I have some friends in high places in Texas so I might be able to see him one day haha who knows

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Actually it's not too bad. Lot of weight to soak up that recoil. Friend of mine had a Magnum Research BFR (Big F*ckn Revolver) in .500 S&W. That's a whole lot of gun, but at almost 5 lbs, it's not horrible to shoot. Wouldn't want to run a hundred rounds thru it though.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

.357 mag or .357 sig??

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm down! We'll be going anyways. I picked out a nice kimber for my mother in law to give to my father in law for Christmas. We'll be shooting lots of 45 that day.
Love my 1911's !! One of the best things about reloading is being able to work up a different load for each gun. Surprising the difference in accuracy a few grains of powder or even a different brand of powder can make.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There was a robbery on campus a few min ago. Funny thing is that the suspects got waaaaay to close to the victims and one of them ended up getting his ass cut up cause one of the victims had a knife. From what I understand the cut up suspect won't be living much longer haha

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Knives. I love knives. Almost always have 2 on me. Spydercos my favorite. Fox karambit is nice.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Knives. I love knives. Almost always have 2 on me. Spydercos my favorite. Fox karambit is nice.
I'm gonna guess that ones a utility and the other is self defense?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I carry a Phantom V4

Sure. It's a toy. They think I'm crazy they won't mess with me. Especially while carrying Australian condiments

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The issue about knives is psychologically you have to have the mindset to get in close and use it in an emergency situation. No cover, no concealment, no brandishing. Has to be done very quickly at the onset of a threat scenario or the fellow with a firearm has dominance.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The issue about knives is psychologically you have to have the mindset to get in close and use it in an emergency situation. No cover, no concealment, no brandishing. Has to be done very quickly at the onset of a threat scenario or the fellow with a firearm has dominance.
Yeah that's the worrysome part for a lot of people and for good reason. Knifes are deadly if put in the wrong hands. Personally I know a little bit of knife work but I don't know if I know enough to be able to pull it out and actually use it without issues arising. I'm trying to find a Krav Maga class near me that I can take for a while, I like how fast it moves and how practical it is in real life applications. Especially with the knife fighting that they teach.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna guess that ones a utility and the other is self defense?
Kinda. One.small and very not scary. One bigger. Both great for utility. But obviously I'd use the larger in a defense situation. If I was carrying FOR self defense I'd use a blade that "waves" open when I remove it from my pocket.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kinda. One.small and very not scary. One bigger. Both great for utility. But obviously I'd use the larger in a defense situation. If I was carrying FOR self defense I'd use a blade that "waves" open when I remove it from my pocket.
All about the wave feature ;) I love my fox knifes. I have a dart knife I carry for utility only and a karambit I carry only for self defense. Honestly the best knives I've had my hands on, ever.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ruger LCP 380....small little guy, not much power but it's so small and comfortable to wear, I can take it anywhere

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ruger LCP 380....small little guy, not much power but it's so small and comfortable to wear, I can take it anywhere
Friend of mine had one, and you're right. Tiny and easy to carry, but I prefer my Mustang Pocketlite. We used to have contests at the range, 12" gong at 100 yards, best of 10 won. Loser had to police the brass. Neither gun is a 100 yard gun, but usually somebody would eventually Arkansas one in for a hit. Usually

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
My EDC is my .50 BMG Lovegun attached to my pelvis.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to get a Kimber Crimson Cary .45ACP, if I were to be the type to carry a gun everywhere.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
All about the wave feature ;) I love my fox knifes. I have a dart knife I carry for utility only and a karambit I carry only for self defense. Honestly the best knives I've had my hands on, ever.
Don't own any karambits, but the fox one is definitely my favorite cuz it waves. You're making me really consider one. I could use a karambit in my collection anyways.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't own any karambits, but the fox one is definitely my favorite cuz it waves. You're making me really consider one. I could use a karambit in my collection anyways.
They are so much fun to deploy, I swear when I first go it that's all I'd do, pull it out just to hear it's loud almost thud as the locking bar slid in to place. I think the new version has a glass breaker now too

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to get a Kimber Crimson Cary .45ACP, if I were to be the type to carry a gun everywhere.
I had a Colt Combat Commander in 38 Super that I carried quite a bit, until I came across a guy who wanted it worse than I did. I've kicked myself many times over that stupid mistake. I will end up with another one, someday.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I took an hour and a half to fix my knife, it was kinda dull. Took an 800 to it for a bit, then switched over to an Arkansas translucent stone (takes forever if you don't have grits between 1000-4000). I got the thing sharp as hell. Doesn't look sharp or feel sharp but the weight of the knife breaks through skin with only the slightest drag.
Got me curious, how hard is it to cut through clothing? Obviously you gun owners don't need to worry about this haha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I took an hour and a half to fix my knife, it was kinda dull. Took an 800 to it for a bit, then switched over to an Arkansas translucent stone (takes forever if you don't have grits between 1000-4000). I got the thing sharp as hell. Doesn't look sharp or feel sharp but the weight of the knife breaks through skin with only the slightest drag.
Got me curious, how hard is it to cut through clothing? Obviously you gun owners don't need to worry about this haha
Certain hollow points (depending on the caliber and/or brand) don't penetrate through heavy clothing and/or layers very well, but others don't really expand reliably, and some guns fire certain brands better than others.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Certain hollow points (depending on the caliber and/or brand) don't penetrate through heavy clothing and/or layers very well, but others don't really expand reliably, and some guns fire certain brands better than others.
This is something I didn't know, my dad doesn't like guns so the only time I shoot is with friends so I don't know too too much honestly.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is something I didn't know, my dad doesn't like guns so the only time I shoot is with friends so I don't know too too much honestly.
I did a lot of reading on it. Some people did some interesting tests, shooting various brands of hollow points through layers of clothing, into gel, etc, to test penetration, expansion, etc. Certain guns can be "picky" with hollow points, so it's always a good idea to test a decent amount of the type you decide on before actually buying a ton and carrying with it. There's also interesting police data on the outcomes of shootings with various calibers, and it seemed pretty clear that caliber wasn't the be-all end-all, and shot placement mattered a lot. Much weaker caliber rounds did perform similarly to higher caliber rounds most of the time, but their downfall was a higher percent of encounters where no number of shots incapacitated the target; higher calibers tended to perform better in that regard. I don't remember the links to them, but it was very interesting, and far from the "45 or bust" mentality a lot of people have. In fact, with quality hollow points, many experts are opting for 9 over 45 now (larger capacity, less recoil, cheaper, etc).

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I carry this. Get this shiit in you eyes and they burn for at least the amount of time for me to get out of range. :)
Cannot believe not a single Men At Work reference after seeing the Vegemite

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I live in Maine where it is still basically safe to walk down any street at any time. Things do happen but most people here do not feel the need to carry a weapon. When violence does happen, people are usually courteous enough to keep it within the family..haha!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did a lot of reading on it. Some people did some interesting tests, shooting various brands of hollow points through layers of clothing, into gel, etc, to test penetration, expansion, etc. Certain guns can be "picky" with hollow points, so it's always a good idea to test a decent amount of the type you decide on before actually buying a ton and carrying with it. There's also interesting police data on the outcomes of shootings with various calibers, and it seemed pretty clear that caliber wasn't the be-all end-all, and shot placement mattered a lot. Much weaker caliber rounds did perform similarly to higher caliber rounds most of the time, but their downfall was a higher percent of encounters where no number of shots incapacitated the target; higher calibers tended to perform better in that regard. I don't remember the links to them, but it was very interesting, and far from the "45 or bust" mentality a lot of people have. In fact, with quality hollow points, many experts are opting for 9 over 45 now (larger capacity, less recoil, cheaper, etc).
It's amazing what you can learn with some ballistic gel and old jeans. And once you realize that, and what the human body is truly capable of, you can understand why cops shoot so many times.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's amazing what you can learn with some ballistic gel and old jeans. And once you realize that, and what the human body is truly capable of, you can understand why cops shoot so many times.
Yeah, the "one shot" fallacy is just one that, as is the "shoot the gun out of their hand" nonsense.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Case in point, my dad shot a man while on duty, literally right in front of the white house. 2 rounds, center mass. 1 came out the inside of the guys thigh, the other came out his neck. 3 days in the hospital before he died. Who
Would think that?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Case in point, my dad shot a man while on duty, literally right in front of the white house. 2 rounds, center mass. 1 came out the inside of the guys thigh, the other came out his neck. 3 days in the hospital before he died. Who
Would think that?
Crazy

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
SO After some reading last night I learned that I got 3 days of in school suspension back in Highschool for something that was totally legal. I had brought a pocket knife clipped on to my work pants and didn't realize it, someone saw it and ratted me out.

The law specifically states that if you knowingly carry a knife, except pocket knives with a folding blade under 3 inches, you can be convicted of a class 1 misdemeanor. So I got in school suspension for something totally legal..... -.- now I'm pissed off
Legal to carry on the street doesn't equal legal to carry in school.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Legal to carry on the street doesn't equal legal to carry in school.
I checked the laws, no weapons allowed on school property except knives with a folding blade of less than 3inches

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Reviving this thread for a quick min.

Im looking for a good edc heres the catch, never shot before.

My dads a huge gun control freak, idk why honestly he grew up in the middle of bumb**** nowhere on a farm and shot **** all the time but I digress.

He's never taken me shooting I'm looking to change that, and soon. There's a few awesome ranges around here, a pretty kick ass indoor range as well so I'm looking to pop my cherry here over the summer. Plan on getting a license to cc here shortly so I'm just trying to figure out what's the "top 5" edc guns. Obviously since it'll be my first I'm not planning on spending a lot on it, but I don't want some cheap pos either.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Reviving this thread for a quick min.

Im looking for a good edc heres the catch, never shot before.

My dads a huge gun control freak, idk why honestly he grew up in the middle of bumb**** nowhere on a farm and shot **** all the time but I digress.

He's never taken me shooting I'm looking to change that, and soon. There's a few awesome ranges around here, a pretty kick ass indoor range as well so I'm looking to pop my cherry here over the summer. Plan on getting a license to cc here shortly so I'm just trying to figure out what's the "top 5" edc guns. Obviously since it'll be my first I'm not planning on spending a lot on it, but I don't want some cheap pos either.
Lol did your rice get robbed again when you where walking through the hood?

Look at the Kimber 1911 compact carries... they are nice. H&K makes some purty pieces also

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol did your rice get robbed again when you where walking through the hood?

Look at the Kimber 1911 compact carries... they are nice. H&K makes some purty pieces also
Lol nah I'm just tired of only having a knife but I don't know what would be the "best" kind of gun to carry, I was thinking a S&W 500 Mag. Or a Desert Eagle.... maybe edc an AR15... think the cops would like that.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Lol nah I'm just tired of only having a knife but I don't know what would be the "best" kind of gun to carry, I was thinking a S&W 500 Mag. Or a Desert Eagle.... maybe edc an AR15... think the cops would like that.
I'm a .44mag guy myself... I got a 3" S&W I love