What's better for bulking, BCAA or EAA ?

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
I know that BCAA's are very popular for cutting because they help preserve muscle but is there a point in taking them if you're trying to bulk up on small calorie surplus ? Or would I be much better off just taking EAA and Leucine ?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
It is to my understanding that BCAA's/EAA's aren't DIRECTLY a bulking supplement. Rather, that they prevent muscle catabolism. They put the body into an anabolic enviroment by allowing the body to use other sources than the muscle/protein as fuel, but they don't exactly directly impact it, IMO.

With that said, I'd say either or is absolutely fine, with little to no difference. Some take BCAA's, and love it. Some take EAA's, and love it. Both seem to hit the nail pretty well - preserve muscle tissue under strenuous activity. I sort of prefer Scivation's Xtend however due to the added Citrulline Malate (small 1g dose per serving, but normally your sipping 3-4 servings anyhow). NP has a super hot deal on that stuff right now too.

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
It was my understanding that BCAA = anti catabolic while EAA = anabolic ???

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
It was my understanding that BCAA = anti catabolic while EAA = anabolic ???
It's the same thing. BCAA = Branched Chain Amino Acids
EAA= essential amino acids.

It's like forskolin and forslean. Same ****.

For bulking, you could use BCAA, but in my opinion, save it for a cut. Im a college student and I try to cut back on things that arent exactly needed. When you cut be ready to have on some BCAA on hand.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Try BCAA, if you notice any side effects try EAA.

If I use more than 5g BCAA per 6 hours I get depressed and unmotivated... It seems to cause a drop in adrenaline or dopamine or something. EAA does not cause this issue for me. Although this is rare and I do not know of many other people this effects.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
i use bcaa's constantly...cutting, bulking, maintaining...gotta have them for muscle growth.