What's a good gym in Ft Laud Area?

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale, FL soon and I'd like to know if there are any really good gyms in the area. Google wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be.

I'm looking for a gym that allows OLs

Has lots of chains & bands (or cool enough to let me bring my own chains)

Tires for flipping and sledgehammer work would be awesome

Boxing facilities

Do any gyms have prowlers or do I have to get my own?

I'm probably asking for too much but any help so I know where to go when I get down there would be great.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I workout out at Lifetime Fitness. It's Def not a hardcore gym,but they have every thing you could possibly imagine,as far as luxury features. One of the Personal Trainer's there told me that every facility has 50 million dollars invested into it....trust me,when you go into the club for a tour you can see that 50 million. I would def check it out. There DB rack is pretty deep,it goes up to 130 i think..not too bad. They have 3 smith's and 3 power racks that i hardly ever see getting used. I could go on and on,just check it out.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I just checked their site, their only in Boca Raton right? That's way too far for a daily commute :D

I thought for sure there would be some kind of hardcore gym down south :(

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Yeah,i guess that's the one and only,BR. That's the one thing about Lifetime i can gripe about is that they are never close. I drive 20 min everyday to get there...kind of a pain,but once your there you forget about that long drive. Oh well,best of luck on your gym search.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
yea i'll probably have to join a 'regular' gym and just get the other stuff myself