What workout apps is everyone using?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m looking for a workout app to track my weights and cardio sessions.
What do you recommend?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am currently using the RP Hypertrophy App and love it. However it is a little more involved than just something to track workouts. It adjusts your weights and volumes based on performance, soreness, and perceived effort to make sure you are always progressing in a way that will produce hypertrophy. Even if you change exercises it makes good suggestions. Pretty slick app. However if just looking for a tracker it will be more than you are looking for. It is more like a pocket training coach.

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's not an app, but I use one of these:

Moleskine Cahier Journal, Soft Cover, Pocket (3.5" x 5.5") Ruled/Lined, Kraft Brown, 64 Pages (Set of 3) https://a.co/d/87vqHgr

I can fit two training days on each page.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am currently using the RP Hypertrophy App and love it. However it is a little more involved than just something to track workouts. It adjusts your weights and volumes based on performance, soreness, and perceived effort to make sure you are always progressing in a way that will produce hypertrophy. Even if you change exercises it makes good suggestions. Pretty slick app. However if just looking for a tracker it will be more than you are looking for. It is more like a pocket training coach.
Ah thanks - I was wondering what app you were using! I will definitely check this one out.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Something about handwriting it….and having the tangible object in hand! And not having to be on phone the whole time in gym…

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something about handwriting it….and having the tangible object in hand! And not having to be on phone the whole time in gym…
I don't think that being on the phone in the gym is as big of a nono as it used to be. These apps make things so easy to track and manage your sessions now that sticking to that old dogma is kind of shooting yourself in the foot. I can update my set, and answer the questions about the sets that tell it how I should progress in 10 seconds or less in between a set. Now if I sat there and updated instagram and everything else that is an issue but just to update my app quickly and move on is nothing. I love having a good app now. I used to be a write it down kind of guy but transferring the session to the forum or log was always an lengthy challenge so this just makes the most sense to me now. It took a long time for the apps to be good enough to be useful to me but the RP Hypertrophy App is awesome and takes out all of the guesswork.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I honestly don't like having to duplicate info so I just use the tapatalk app and record my workouts here to my workout log while I'm in session. I usually wrap it up with notes etc in the locker room during my decompression.