What was your first preworkout?

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
2043479_f248.jpg

THIS!

I would tear out of my frigging skin back in the day! Stuff was nutz! Probably thr first PWO!

justliftit

Awards
My first pre-workout was N.O. Loaded from ***. The stuff worked decently but tasted horrible. I have now idea how I was able to use up the whole bottle because of how bad the taste was. I think the flavor was blue raspberry . Makes me gag just thinking about it.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Freshman year in highschool I was hooked on celltech and nitro tech. I swore by it because I put on close to 15 lbs. I also just started working out and really started hitting puberty. Now I know it had nothing to do with those supps

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Probably the old Super Pump 250. When it was good.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Next time I order I'm gonna get some shock therapy for old times sake

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No xplode I took 3 scoops with 24 ounces of water omg so hard to down that I remember my did five scoops at 36 ounces then threw up at football practice lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm gonna have to do some google searching to see what the brand and the name are, but it was one of the lines that Walmart carried (not the Six Star line, but the other one). It didn't taste bad and it worked well.

I don't remember the order after that, but I remember progressing to NO Xplode and NaNO Vapor...the NaNO Vapor would make me feel like I was going to die. I worked out in the mornings back then and it was fasted (didn't know about nutrition back then other than take protein and eat less to lose weight lol). Talk about wanting to puke every day; half the time from lifting hard, but more often than not, just from how that stuff made me feel. Tasted foul, too.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think this was it:

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
My first was black coffee , just some good old fashioned caffeinated beverage. I went thru so many brands thinking they helped me but as I get older I realized I really dont need that crap. Yeah NO/ arginine products keeps the pumps going longer after a workout but I get great pumps anyways. As for focus, once I'm there and going I go into my own wild little world and don't need any help. After I workout WITHOUT that stuff I feel so good with the endorphins pumpin through my system, I don't crash and I'm more likely to have better sleep. I think if your BCAAs and vitamin/protein/creatine mono are all on point there's no need for that extra crap. After all these years I'm right back to my original cup o joe and that is perfect. Gives me a little boost out the door off the couch and it burns off quick leaving me to my natural energy to carry the load the rest way through.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My first was black coffee , just some good old fashioned caffeinated beverage. I went thru so many brands thinking they helped me but as I get older I realized I really dont need that crap. Yeah NO/ arginine products keeps the pumps going longer after a workout but I get great pumps anyways. As for focus, once I'm there and going I go into my own wild little world and don't need any help. After I workout WITHOUT that stuff I feel so good with the endorphins pumpin through my system, I don't crash and I'm more likely to have better sleep. I think if your BCAAs and vitamin/protein/creatine mono are all on point there's no need for that extra crap. After all these years I'm right back to my original cup o joe and that is perfect. Gives me a little boost out the door off the couch and it burns off quick leaving me to my natural energy to carry the load the rest way through.
Wish it was an easier way, I don't want to buy a coffee pot/maker.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep, original Hot Stuff had dbol plus ephedra. Haha, no wonder I liked it so much. Used to be so much fun stuff available at health food stores before big brother got involved to save us from ourselves. Dang, supps just are not much than a coffee buzz for energy these days. I wonder if all these "legal" chains or branches such as DMAA are really any better for us than ephedra and etc.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Red bull and NOW Arginine pills.. I think I took 3 grams.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I pick that stuff up and look at it every time I'm there lol.
Might have to purchase just cuz it's so cheap.
It's funny, I remember talking with one of the guys I worked with at the liquor store and he recommended it. All I'd been using was protein and creatine (and my trusty Centrum multi-vitamin lol).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mine was the original SuperPump250. I never had any issues with it giving me the squirts either. I remember the first time I took it I thought I could have lifted everything in the gym twice just for my warm up. Was such an insane feeling compared to what I had used before.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Next time I order I'm gonna get some shock therapy for old times sake
I remember not thinking about it and taking a double dose of it on a night time workout not thinking about i had to work the next morning, definetly didn't go to sleep that night. LoL that was my introduction to preworkouts, before that though i remember getting the original Redlines at my local gym. Originally i don't know if i was stim sensitive or what but those original Redlines would have me going up the wall.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
One stick of black powder (I went insane on this (in a good way)) and felt like ai had a comedown the next day. I was not able to think about anything other than getting myself a tub of preworkout. And then ended up with tub of SAN fierce after being told it was stronger than black powder. I Loved every scoop.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Come to think of it every supplement I took in high school seemed great... I guess thats what crazy pubertal hormones does lol

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come to think of it every supplement I took in high school seemed great... I guess thats what crazy pubertal hormones does lol
Yeah lol. I remember sneaking creatine caps in the locker room before weight lifting or gym class, and then sneaking Twin Labs Amino Fuel tabs in my locker in the school hallway and then mixing even more creatine (powder) into my pint of milk and slamming it on the way to science class, and some of my highschool enemies calling me a roid rager as a dig at me lol.
Gained 15 pounds my senior year! Bet it was all in the supplements ;)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Original no shotgun. Tastes like butt, but Imo it was the best pre workout I have ever had

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah lol. I remember sneaking creatine caps in the locker room before weight lifting or gym class, and then sneaking Twin Labs Amino Fuel tabs in my locker in the school hallway and then mixing even more creatine (powder) into my pint of milk and slamming it on the way to science class, and some of my highschool enemies calling me a roid rager as a dig at me lol.
Gained 15 pounds my senior year! Bet it was all in the supplements ;)
LoL i remember taking creatine caps after weightlifting class. I remember always contributing it to the supplements oh how stupid and young i was.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
lol awesome thread
Mine was No Xplode as well, first dose: i puked my guts out for like 4 hours,
no joke.. the whole day
The next day I absolutely refused to give up and took it again lol, I was pretty wired,
half way the first tub I was taking 3 to 5 scoops and it wasn't doing anything anymore lol
After that experience I *cannot* for the life of me taking any "blue raspberry" flavored
sup, I immediately throw up :D

But my first supplements EVER where BCAA and creatine lol, BCAA i was taking such
small amount

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BSN NO-Xplode......

That is why everytime I see someone using it I say "ah, I remember when I had my first pre-workout." :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol awesome thread
Mine was No Xplode as well, first dose: i puked my guts out for like 4 hours,
no joke.. the whole day
The next day I absolutely refused to give up and took it again lol, I was pretty wired,
half way the first tub I was taking 3 to 5 scoops and it wasn't doing anything anymore lol
After that experience I *cannot* for the life of me taking any "blue raspberry" flavored
sup, I immediately throw up :D

But my first supplements EVER where BCAA and creatine lol, BCAA i was taking such
small amount
lol

Dude, the blue raspberry is what I had, too. It did not taste pleasant. It wasn't awful, but definitely not delicious. I remember shaking it up in a shaker cup or an empty water bottle and the lid/cap nearly flying off when I'd open it from the air pressure lol.

tuton11

tuton11

Awards
  • Established
I have ALWAYS loved the Old Superpump. Raspberry Lemonade to me tasted amazing. And everytime I did a back workout I swear I could feel veins pulsing in my back. I loved that stuff ;( Wish I could've tried Hot Stuff or Ultimate Orange!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
lol

Dude, the blue raspberry is what I had, too. It did not taste pleasant. It wasn't awful, but definitely not delicious. I remember shaking it up in a shaker cup or an empty water bottle and the lid/cap nearly flying off when I'd open it from the air pressure lol.
man i don't know why I had that reaction lol i know that I puked so much I wanted to die
that day, and the problem with the blue rasp: think about this, it ain't that good to begin with,
now imagine to force-vomit it for something like 10 hours straight, AND then the next day (out of stubbornness)
taking it again lol
I can't even smell blue rasp anything now.. Now that I think about it it sounds a lot like
when I was 13 or somethin' and I got drunk for the first time. With plain white tequila.
My worst nightmare at this point would be blue rasp tequila :D (wtf am I talking about?? time to go to sleep..)

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
man i don't know why I had that reaction lol i know that I puked so much I wanted to die
that day, and the problem with the blue rasp: think about this, it ain't that good to begin with,
now imagine to force-vomit it for something like 10 hours straight, AND then the next day (out of stubbornness)
taking it again lol
I can't even smell blue rasp anything now.. Now that I think about it it sounds a lot like
when I was 13 or somethin' and I got drunk for the first time. With plain white tequila.
My worst nightmare at this point would be blue rasp tequila :D (wtf am I talking about?? time to go to sleep..)
hahaha a few weekends back I mixed UV Blue Raspberry Vodka with tequila and sprite zero. Not bad actually :D

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
back in the day...1995..I discovered Vivarins. Eventually moved on to creatine, vanadyl, and protein.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Muscle Marinade ... I still remember like doubling the reps of everything I did when I got it, and also running through my 2 hour leg day in 1 hour. Of course when I took it I had only been lifting and dieting for about 3 or 4 months and had never been on creatine or any supplement besides protein. Anyways, after trying nearly 20 or more PreWO it's still my favorite.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
taking it again lol
I'm not gonna lie; I laughed, while reading this. :laugh:

As for the alcohol thing; yeah, I actually know exactly what you're talking about. Early on in college, I managed to down the majority of a fifth of UV blue on my own and then started working on the fifth (got through maybe half of it) of UV green. My genius idea was to mix each of them with the corresponding color of Hawaiian Punch...oh, man. I'll never forget showing up to the party we were going to and being drunk, already, and saying that it tasted like "green, apple hobbit penis."

I hadn't drank UV blue outside of that, since, aside from twice, when my buddy's wife and friends mixed blue bombs...and it was just as awful as the first time around.