What program would you use if you were me?

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Looking for help on what bodybuilding/hypertrophy routine I should use.

- I am an experienced lifter
-my diet is on point
-I am doing a CKD lean bulk
- I am almost at my natty peak (~25 ffmi)
-my weak points are calves and hamstrings
- looking for a program where I work out 6 days a week
- I am coming off of a 16 week cut using SKD and reached ~6% or 7% BF

what would you recommend?

goinHAM211

goinHAM211

Awards
Work only one muscle group a day hard as ****, then give that muscle the rest the week off. Maybe train weak points (legs) twice; once hard as hell heavy and once for endurance/bulk. Mon-chest tues-legs wed-back thurs- bi/tri Friday shoulders ... This has been working well for me. Good luck!!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends...what has worked for you in the past?

What I like to do is hit back, chest and legs twice a week. Sometimes I can't do this but I def aim to hit at least legs twice a week. I prefer high volume and a blend of reps. Usually start out my day with a compound lift for 4 heavy sets then working my way up in reps/down in weights for the rest of the routine for that particular muscle. Also doing drop sets/super sets.

I do chest and back on the same day so it's easy for me to get it done twice a week but I only train 4x a week. With a 6 day/week schedule, you could do them separate.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're an experienced lifter almost at your natty peak, by now you probably have enough experience to write your own program. You know what kind of frequency you can handle, you know what kind of volume you can handle, and you have an exercise preference by now. Go with what you know works, and then do work like SLDLs, RDLs, and GHRs earlier in the workout when you're still fresh. For calves, I'd say make sure you walk out your squats and then do whatever kind of calf raises you like best (straight leg hits gastroc and soleus, bent leg only hits soleus), but obviously there's a huge genetic factor involved with calves depending on the size of the muscle belly versus tendon.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
If you're an experienced lifter almost at your natty peak, by now you probably have enough experience to write your own program. You know what kind of frequency you can handle, you know what kind of volume you can handle, and you have an exercise preference by now. Go with what you know works, and then do work like SLDLs, RDLs, and GHRs earlier in the workout when you're still fresh. For calves, I'd say make sure you walk out your squats and then do whatever kind of calf raises you like best (straight leg hits gastroc and soleus, bent leg only hits soleus), but obviously there's a huge genetic factor involved with calves depending on the size of the muscle belly versus tendon.
well, im kind of a weird case because I am experienced, but my level of experience does not match my physique. I try to stay humble, but quite frankly, my physique looks as though I have been lifting for a long time however It has only been 4 years. And I just started actually doing programs recently when I noticed I started to plataeu. I had been doing "bro" splits the first 3 years.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
well, im kind of a weird case because I am experienced, but my level of experience does not match my physique. I try to stay humble, but quite frankly, my physique looks as though I have been lifting for a long time however It has only been 4 years. And I just started actually doing programs recently when I noticed I started to plataeu. I had been doing "bro" splits the first 3 years.
I dare say you are no where near your natty potential then. My advice from someone who trained more than twice as long as you have natty is undulating periodisation program. Hitting muscle groups multiple times a week at different intensites/rep ranges. Contrary to what other people in here have said, lol.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dare say you are no where near your natty potential then. My advice from someone who trained more than twice as long as you have natty is undulating periodisation program. Hitting muscle groups multiple times a week at different intensites/rep ranges. Contrary to what other people in here have said, lol.
PS, you have been a member of AM since 2010, what did you do for the first 3 years?

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with this. You likely still have a lot more room to progress.

Undulating periodization is nice since it'll hit a number of energy systems. Daily undulating is the popular thing lately, though you could do it weekly or by some other amount of time too. So personally, I'll hit everything 2x/week, utilizing a max effort strength day and a dynamic effort speed day, then do higher rep hypertrophy range work after the main movement of the day. So that hits three different ranges throughout each microcycle. I periodize into meso and macrocycles beyond that too. Alternately, if you don't want to do the speed/strength/hypertrophy thing, you could easily just do three different rep ranges (e.g. 1-3/4-6/8-12).

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
PS, you have been a member of AM since 2010, what did you do for the first 3 years?
4 years lifting for bodybuilding, 3 years lifting for competitive hockey. Not sure how it is now but you had to create an account to even view more than a couple of posts on AM back in the day

I believe I am close to my natty limit because I am almost 200 lb stage weight at 6 foot tall....I dont know how much more lean mass I could possibly gain

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The more experienced you get, the more weekly volume you are going to need to accumulate in order to maintain progression, at least for hypertrophy. Training a muscle group once per week wont cut it. Lots of ways to increase volume, you dot just have to add sets to existing exercises (it can be of benefit to add in more exercises).

PHAT is a great example.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen pics of you in the past and I swore you were well over 200lbs. You definitely are blessed with great genetics and could take advantage of the strength and physical changes that PHAT offers.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I've seen pics of you in the past and I swore you were well over 200lbs. You definitely are blessed with great genetics and could take advantage of the strength and physical changes that PHAT offers.
I was 225 lb at the time you saw those pics and then I went on a 16 week cut down to 204 lb to see what I would look like on stage. I have decided to not do a show yet and go on a somewhat lean bulk, hopefully hitting 210 lb show weight would be a dream come true. Unfortunately like I said i think I am pretty close to the natty peak.

Thank you for the kind words

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm thinking either PHAT or DUP
Theyre both quite similiar in some respects. Though DUP tends to offer higher frequency; PHAT has lower frequency but greater weekly volume (especially if run similiar to Nortons SimplyShredded template).

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was 225 lb at the time you saw those pics and then I went on a 16 week cut down to 204 lb to see what I would look like on stage. I have decided to not do a show yet and go on a somewhat lean bulk, hopefully hitting 210 lb show weight would be a dream come true. Unfortunately like I said i think I am pretty close to the natty peak.

Thank you for the kind words
Google Casey Butt natural genetic limits. He did some interesting research into what we could consider the upper natty limits. It will at least give you a basic idea where you stand.