What P/F/C ratio?

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking to recomp/bulk up ( possible? Lol ) anyway what percentages should I be shooting for?

ilia_p

Awards
The answer to his question will depend on how well you tolerate different ratios. For example, some people find that a higher fat, moderate protein and low carb diet (e.g. 65% FAT, 30% PRO & 5% CHO) works well for them. If this is something you'd like to try - I suggest the Anabolic Solution by Dr Mauro Di Pasquale (although it's a little dated) - great place to start. But if you haven't really experimented before - I would recommend a standard 40-40-20 split to start before you start to play around a little with the macro nutrient ratios.

Remember to get your calories in and that protein (at a certain point) starts to provide diminishing returns.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
actually I agree that a CKD will produce the effects you are after. when done properly I think its very possible to gain a little size while losing body fat. and a ketogenic diet is just the method to use. you may want to use a newer program than that of dr di pasquaels, wich might incorporate new better validated science and approaches to eating.
at any rate a full arsenal of supplements and an iron will should allow you to get stronger and bigger with out gaining much fat in the process.

MrOneEyedBoh

MrOneEyedBoh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. So i'll just run with the 40-40-20. pro/carb/fat right? or pro/fat/carb. Okay so here is why Im confused, when I was younger and working out it just seemed that I could eat whatever and feel good and look decent. Now Im getting older my body is changing and Im trying to figure out where I need to be. I know the Macros are different for each person, but there still has to be starting point that I can work off of.. I came across this link here ( Calculating Calories and Macronutrients - Bodybuilding.com Forums ) and it says to not use the macros... Im not looking to be a start gymmer, just be healthy and not have to go crazy and count everything/watch what I eat 100% of the time.. make sense?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For recomp I am a fan of a 40/20/40 (p/c/f) split for myself

merph

merph

Awards
Currently eating a 20/40/40 F/C/P and it's treating me pretty good. I am not usually hungry throughout the day unless it's rate before bed but I tend to have nighttime munchies every night no matter what. Am noticing a little change in body comp and down about 3 pounds in 2 weeks. It's kind of a bitch figuring out a meal plan but once i got it down with some help from here it is looking pretty good.