What is the Optimal Body Fat Percentage for Testosterone?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking to increase my Testosterone and am curious to find out what my BodyFat Percentage should be for the maximum Level for Testosterone?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would think about 10 percent, but I have no clue...

h2bEK

Awards
That answer is gonna vary from person to person. But I would guess between 6-14% since most professional athletes fall within those %'s.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
make sure you dont cut carbs completely, there is much discussion on whether ketosis is hormone friendly

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
Wrong answers not to sound like a dill weed... The less Body fat the better. The body fat increases your estrogen. I would worry about diet and wat to incorporate with that. I think that has a greater role. But like i said the more bodyfat u carry the higher ur estro levels which prolly means ur test is not where it should be. thats my two cents

bigshoulders

Awards
Lowish like 10% probably, due to lower estrogen levels.
But the process of getting low bodyfat, ie cutting, lowers testosterone levels.
Possibly the process of maintaining Very low body fat will lower test levels too.

WORKOUT COACH

Awards
I'm looking to increase my Testosterone and am curious to find out what my BodyFat Percentage should be for the maximum Level for Testosterone?
Im positive there was a study on this, but in my opinion its in the 11 to14% range.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Wrong answers not to sound like a dill weed... The less Body fat the better. The body fat increases your estrogen. I would worry about diet and wat to incorporate with that. I think that has a greater role. But like i said the more bodyfat u carry the higher ur estro levels which prolly means ur test is not where it should be. thats my two cents
Up to a point, since you need some estrogen, but fat cells actually produce the aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen. That's one reason that for overweight people on TRT, transdermal is not always the best way since the test gets converted to estrogen on the way through the fat