What happened to Xtreme Formulations products?

Danus

Danus

Awards
The company does seem to still be manufacturing some things but much less than before.
Did something happen with ownership fallout or product development issues?

Hard to believe a company with literally the best flavoring system would collapse like it has.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure either. In to see if anyone knows.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Website is still up and taking orders?

Call'em - maybe you can get a gun too :D

Black Star Labs in St Charles, IL - 630-444-1800 - Whitepages
www.whitepages.com/business/black-star-labs-st-charles-il
630-444-1800 · 1500 Foundry St Ste 8 · St Charles, IL 60174-1555 ...

Alpha Armament Company - Illinois - FFL gun dealers directory
fflgundealers.net › Illinois
Alpha Armament Company. 1500 Foundry St Suite 8. St Charles, IL 60174. Phone: 630-444-1800. claim this listing Claim Listing ...

Black Star Labs, Saint Charles IL 60174 | 630-444-1800
www.b2byellowpages.com › ... › Saint Charles, Illinois Local Services › Laboratories
Black Star Labs, Foundry St in Saint Charles IL 60174. Laboratories. Find phone, map, directions, website, coupons, reviews, hours.

Contact Us - Xtreme Formulations
https://www.xfmuscle.com/contact-us/
Have a question about Cytofuse, Ultra Peptide or any other products from our line? Want to become an authorized seller? Contact Xtreme Formulations today!
https://www.whois.com/whois/xfmuscle.com

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Xtreme Formulations is still very much in business and just FYI I am affiliated with the company knowing the owners

Dave Rosland had retired and sold the business to Dave Ostlund ( Yes the Strongman ) and Jeff Peterson, long time friends of his and long time supporters of Xtreme Formulations. Xtreme Formulations is still in business still using the same manufacturing facilities and quality control standards essentially the only thing that has changed is the ownership.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Now Cytofuse is still one of the higher selling products so very available as well still, unsure how much I can disclose on the contracts but its used by Division 1 athletes.

A post Dave Ostlund made in July 2015

"It is our intention to keep the existing product line at the same level of excellence that everyone has come to expect from the XF line. That means we will not be altering the existing products, but we are bringing back some of the old discontinued ones like Ultra Peptide Whey and ICE for starters. Ultra Peptide Whey should be back up and running here at BB.com in about a month or so. For now Chocolate and Arctic Lemonade will be the first flavors back. Mochaccino will probably be next as that is my favorite whey of all time!

I am quite familiar with all the XF products as I have been a sponsored athlete of theirs for a number of years and prior to that I was buying their products even when I had a different sponsor. I have known Dave R for more that a decade and remain good friends with him. He was ready to move on to other challenges, but I still speak with him several times a week about supplements, guns, and countless other topics. I believe, as Dave R did, that there is a market for high quality, great tasting supplements. That, along with the fact that I did not want to see this line of supplements disappear (if only for my own personal use) are the reasons I have decided to take on this challenge and take XF to the next level.

Myself and the reps will post updates as they happen. Check out my links below and the XF social media pages for the latest news, promotions, and giveaways as well. <Left out retailer > has been and continues to be an awesome retailer for XF, so please check out the full line of Ultra Peptide 2.0 flavors there!"

Danus

Danus

Awards
Xtreme Formulations is still very much in business and just FYI I am affiliated with the company knowing the owners

Dave Rosland had retired and sold the business to Dave Ostlund ( Yes the Strongman ) and Jeff Peterson, long time friends of his and long time supporters of Xtreme Formulations. Xtreme Formulations is still in business still using the same manufacturing facilities and quality control standards essentially the only thing that has changed is the ownership.
Thanks for clearing that up.
It's a shame they don't have as far a reach as they used to under old management.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clearing that up.
It's a shame they don't have as far a reach as they used to under old management.
If anything their larger due to contracts with many schools; and its still widely sold through a couple very large online stores, so unsure what you mean?

At the very least it's as big ( as it was ) and being carried by most of the same exact sites/stores that I am aware of at least I been buying it for several years now myself.

They also increased greatly their social media presence, they had just did a couple talks just yesterday NSCA conference "Xfmuscle now on The University of Saint Thomas campus." their facebook pretty active now.

Nutraplanet and Getrippednutrition are still selling Ultra Peptide and Ultra Peptide Whey

http://www.predatornutrition.com/search?q=Xtreme Formulations

Predator Nutrition ( UK ) with Ultra Peptide

https://nutraplanet.com/products/xtreme-formulations-ultra-peptide/

Nutraplanet Ultra Peptide & Ultra Peptide Whey

Danus

Danus

Awards
If anything their larger due to contracts with many schools; and its still widely sold through a couple very large online stores, so unsure what you mean?

At the very least it's as big ( as it was ) and being carried by most of the same exact sites/stores that I am aware of at least I been buying it for several years now myself.

They also increased greatly their social media presence, they had just did a couple talks just yesterday NSCA conference "Xfmuscle now on The University of Saint Thomas campus." their facebook pretty active now.

Nutraplanet and Getrippednutrition are still selling Ultra Peptide and Ultra Peptide Whey
Perhaps in America.
However internationally they are almost entirely absent now so purchasing online isn't viable when shipping costs more than the product.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps in America.
However internationally they are almost entirely absent now so purchasing online isn't viable when shipping costs more than the product.
I had included an edit with Predator Nutrition which is in England

But ya :( prob fairly limited there lot of stuff in the UK I can't get here in the US or is fairly costly to me to obtain it. Gonutrition has a jammie dodger protein that I am fairly addicted to.. Lol

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Rob anyway these guys can to "anything" to promote the brand? I mean literally they had all these formulas ICE, etc. etc. and it's like they disappeared off the fckin planet as soon as Dave O. took over, like literally pulled a disappearing act. I mean, do they make anything anymore other than 2.0 & Artic Whey?

Post is not meant to slam them but man, are they strictly protein or do they still produce other stuff? I could go on the website I suppose...but a friggin S.O.S. signal from them every 3yrs would be nice :)

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Rob anyway these guys can to "anything" to promote the brand? I mean literally they had all these formulas ICE, etc. etc. and it's like they disappeared off the fckin planet as soon as Dave O. took over, like literally pulled a disappearing act. I mean, do they make anything anymore other than 2.0 & Artic Whey?

Post is not meant to slam them but man, are they strictly protein or do they still produce other stuff? I could go on the website I suppose...but a friggin S.O.S. signal from them every 3yrs would be nice :)
ICE was discontinued while Dave Roslund was running it ICE V2 is still sold on the company site.

Vengeance was discontinued ( 2013-start of 2014 or so ) long while ago way before Dave Ostlund/Jeff took over, so no idea what you mean by disappeared they largely been gone for couple years now nothing changed from when Dave Roslund ran it till now as far as what is carried or being sold.

Cytofuse is a huge seller which I did mention but its used primarily by division 1 athletes

Edit: Also you mentioned Arctic Whey but Dave O./Jeff brought back Chocolate Whey too FYI

Ya Lol as to the SOS I brought that up while ago and they have greatly increased their social media presence so your best bet is to follow them on facebook

Danus

Danus

Awards
Maybe disappeared isn't the best word. But they went from a name talked about everyday on the forums and well promoted on supplement sites to basically just existing with no effort to reach out to the public or promote themselves/new products.
If this happened to say.... a big player like BPI or Scivation, company ownership change with 0 changes in products and no marketing etc. You would assume that company simply dissolved.

deanX

Awards

Good to hear still they it is under a good management.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To this day i have never tasted anything better than UP 2.0 chocolate mint. I can go through a tub in 4 days easy.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Flavoring was incredible on ultra peptide 2.0 but the mixability was always god awful. Went through 20 tubs but eventually the foam and clumps wasn't worth it

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Flavoring was incredible on ultra peptide 2.0 but the mixability was always god awful. Went through 20 tubs but eventually the foam and clumps wasn't worth it
Been buying Ultra Peptide and Ultra Peptide Whey since about 2013 so maybe not as long but certainly as many and that is not the experience I have had with it.

I have on hand Metabolic Nutritions Musclean which I love as well and will post a pic to compare

Musclean Here Chocolate Milkshake blended quickly and poured into the glass clearly has a little foam did not detract for me at least how good this is I love their strawberry milkshake most FYI, even more than the Ultra Peptide Strawberry :p but all of their flavors are very good. So this is not a knock on Musclean/Metabolic Nutrition but this is a similar type of product utilizing similar blend with shelf stable sodium caseinate sunflower oil, so I felt it was worth comparing foam wise.

And Ultra Peptide same milk's used on all of them Fairlife

Almost no foam at all/very little; this was done in a blender poured into the glass picture taken immediately

Shaken in a blender bottle here very little to no foam

Strawberry here in chocolate milk shaken in the blender bottle, picture taken immediately.

Triple Chocolate Ultra Peptide blended in a blender immediately poured into this glass and picture taken directly after.

Not saying it "Never" has any "Foam" under any condition/circumstance but I literally have taken a lot pictures of protein it does not foam any more than any other premium protein blend that I have noticed or experienced; including Metabolic Nutrition Musclean ( which foams slightly more if shaken and the same blended ), PES Select, Syntha-6, Rule1 and about 15 other brands like AI Sports on hand even.

So that has not been my experience with the Ultra Peptide

Ultra Peptide Whey however; I have had that foam up but no more than any other straight whey tho when I blend it with ice which is how I typically use "Arctic Lemonade" I believe the ice sits heavy enough to keep the foam down. I would have to sift through lot of pics but the Arctic Lemonade if shaken in a shaker has some or rather much more foam than the blends.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Been buying Ultra Peptide and Ultra Peptide Whey since about 2013 so maybe not as long but certainly as many and that is not the experience I have had with it.

I have on hand Metabolic Nutritions Musclean which I love as well and will post a pic to compare

Musclean Here Chocolate Milkshake blended quickly and poured into the glass clearly has a little foam did not detract for me at least how good this is I love their strawberry milkshake most FYI, even more than the Ultra Peptide Strawberry :p but all of their flavors are very good. So this is not a knock on Musclean/Metabolic Nutrition but this is a similar type of product utilizing similar blend with shelf stable sodium caseinate sunflower oil, so I felt it was worth comparing foam wise.

And Ultra Peptide same milk's used on all of them Fairlife

Almost no foam at all/very little; this was done in a blender poured into the glass picture taken immediately

Shaken in a blender bottle here very little to no foam

Strawberry here in chocolate milk shaken in the blender bottle, picture taken immediately.

Triple Chocolate Ultra Peptide blended in a blender immediately poured into this glass and picture taken directly after.

Not saying it "Never" has any "Foam" under any condition/circumstance but I literally have taken a lot pictures of protein it does not foam any more than any other premium protein blend that I have noticed or experienced; including Metabolic Nutrition Musclean ( which foams slightly more if shaken and the same blended ), PES Select, Syntha-6, Rule1 and about 15 other brands like AI Sports on hand even.

So that has not been my experience with the Ultra Peptide

Ultra Peptide Whey however; I have had that foam up but no more than any other straight whey tho when I blend it with ice which is how I typically use "Arctic Lemonade" I believe the ice sits heavy enough to keep the foam down. I would have to sift through lot of pics but the Arctic Lemonade if shaken in a shaker has some or rather much more foam than the blends.
Should have clarified, the artic lemonade whey was the one that foamed. Not great mixability either. Nothing crazy but clumping wise but still more than most wheys I have used. I can spoon mix Optimum with no clumps. The artic lemonade had clumps and tons of foam in a blender bottle. Flavor is incredible though especially in summer and if price weren't so much higher than most wheys I'd buy it on a regular basis.

Ultra Peptide always left a layer on top that never mixed in a blender bottle. I always assumed it was the micellar casein. It would also stayed clumped all in the bottom of the blender bottle if you out the powder in first then water. Flavor was amazing. But protein content was low and price high

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Should have clarified, the artic lemonade whey was the one that foamed. Not great mixability either. Nothing crazy but clumping wise but still more than most wheys I have used. I can spoon mix Optimum with no clumps. The artic lemonade had clumps and tons of foam in a blender bottle. Flavor is incredible though especially in summer and if price weren't so much higher than most wheys I'd buy it on a regular basis.

Ultra Peptide always left a layer on top that never mixed in a blender bottle. I always assumed it was the micellar casein. It would also stayed clumped all in the bottom of the blender bottle if you out the powder in first then water. Flavor was amazing. But protein content was low and price high
I can agree with that than :) the lemonade in just water is if if on getting it to mix right and without to much foam, and have had the lemonade clump up once hitting the water before too.

Would highly recommend blending the Arctic Lemonade with ice or with IQF fruit its very good like that the ice I feel or believe helps keep the foam down possible the ice in tiny shards simply keeps the air from bubbling up into a foam either way it makes it like a lemonade slushie which is epic I buy those flash frozen mixed berries/blueberries and even like tropical fruits mango, pineapple etc and will dump in 140g worth of the frozen fruit with water and the arctic lemonade its awesome.

I buy the Arctic Lemonade in 4 packs, I don't as much care for the Ultra Peptide Chocolate Whey myself its just kind of a generic milk chocolate not as good or rich as the Ultra Peptide Triple Chocolate.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can agree with that than :) the lemonade in just water is if if on getting it to mix right and without to much foam, and have had the lemonade clump up once hitting the water before too.

Would highly recommend blending the Arctic Lemonade with ice or with IQF fruit its very good like that the ice I feel or believe helps keep the foam down possible the ice in tiny shards simply keeps the air from bubbling up into a foam either way it makes it like a lemonade slushie which is epic I buy those flash frozen mixed berries/blueberries and even like tropical fruits mango, pineapple etc and will dump in 140g worth of the frozen fruit with water and the arctic lemonade its awesome.

I buy the Arctic Lemonade in 4 packs, I don't as much care for the Ultra Peptide Chocolate Whey myself its just kind of a generic milk chocolate not as good or rich as the Ultra Peptide Triple Chocolate.
I have been making tons of smoothies to add on top of breakfast in the morning. I never thought to use the artic lemonade. May have to splurge in the near future. The market needs more fruit based wheys. The death of GF-Pro was a sad day for the protein world

Duckdownman

Awards
I think what he is saying is that compared to 5-10 years ago the company certainly did seem to just disappear. It’s good to know they are still in business, and while they may be “bigger”, they are being sold in maybe 1/3 if the sites that used to carry them, and on the forums they are non existent, whereas they used to be mentioned on every other post. I mean if you just google the company name the matches are from forums between 2009-2011. Many other merchants (see amazon) are selling the 5lb container for over $100, which is similar to those who still have the original Jacked3D, a leftover batch of a discontinued product where they jack the price up. I was actually going to purchase from a store and all they sell is containers that expired 3/18.
I actually came here for this exact reason, I was wondering if the company was still in business because they make phenomenal products.
In the past is someone created a post, on any forum, on which protein was the “best” , there were always numerous responses saying ultra peptide, currently no one mentions them as an option. I literally mean never.
They might have school contracts or other large business ventures but for the local community they have in fact disappeared.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would be so sad if I couldn't get my UP2.0 lemon cream pie or Cinn bun. I love the Cinn bun on my oatmeal

Duckdownman

Awards
Funny you mentioned that, I usually stock up on the lemon cream pie but wanted to order the Cinnabun tontey with my oatmeal, and to try the leamonade whey which sounds like a good idea for the summer months....but there really is no mention of xtreme formulations as a whole anymore. Ultra peptide I can still find at a few online stores but I question if they are from a leftover stock or not.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Funny you mentioned that, I usually stock up on the lemon cream pie but wanted to order the Cinnabun tontey with my oatmeal, and to try the leamonade whey which sounds like a good idea for the summer months....but there really is no mention of xtreme formulations as a whole anymore. Ultra peptide I can still find at a few online stores but I question if they are from a leftover stock or not.
It's still sold and being produced/ran they recently updated or rather got a new website designed for the company it self ( xfmuscle ), but several other stores carry it.

Up till very recent it was sold on bodybuilding ( no longer ), but they have agreements with a lot of schools athletic departments ( division 1 ) with cytofuse so it's not only widely available but has contracts in some top schools.

tokosh19

Awards
Man that sucks. XF 2.0 was one of the best tasting protein back in its day.
I have yet to find a chocolate that comes close.... seems like they got away from what made them get recognized and when they got sold the new guys got away from taking care of customers that supported the company for years myself included but oh well

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Loved their Arctic lemonade whey. Ultra peptide had great flavors but was a nightmare from a mixing standpoint. An inch of clumps on top when mixed with milk. Only got it to fully blend with lots of water and a blender I guess because of the casein

tokosh19

Awards
Loved their Arctic lemonade whey. Ultra peptide had great flavors but was a nightmare from a mixing standpoint. An inch of clumps on top when mixed with milk. Only got it to fully blend with lots of water and a blender I guess because of the casein
I just used a big shaker with 16oz water and 2 full scoops. Stuff was my breakfast + oatmeal for years....
How they never sold to someone instead of closing is beyond me still..

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just used a big shaker with 16oz water and 2 full scoops. Stuff was my breakfast + oatmeal for years....
How they never sold to someone instead of closing is beyond me still..
Probably because they were big in the forum days and didn’t transfer to the instagram
Social media phase. Died with the forums. Also, supplements are weird in that you could have the most effective supplement of all time that everyone loves. If it’s not constantly updated, rebranded, etc it gets lost in time as old news. There are some exceptions of course

tokosh19

Awards
Probably because they were big in the forum days and didn’t transfer to the instagram
Social media phase. Died with the forums. Also, supplements are weird in that you could have the most effective supplement of all time that everyone loves. If it’s not constantly updated, rebranded, etc it gets lost in time as old news. There are some exceptions of course
Yea I even said they never really tried to get their name out there.. I guess it's true what they say. If you're not evolving as a business you're dying .
Know anything close to the flavor and texture ?