What do you think is the perfect post workout recipe??

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
The biggest debate I have seen here is over the type of carbohydrate you use hi GI or low GI. But everything I've read has kept the numbers similar: 2grams/lb carbohydrate+1gram/lb hydrolyzed whey protein+ 5-10grams Glutamine + 5-10grams creatine +1litre H2O.
I add 5grams BCAA +1gram V-C +1gram V-E. If you want fast hi GI carbs use 50%dextrose 50%maltodextrin, drink half, sip other half over next 45min. Adjust carbs based on your response. reduce carbs by 50% when cutting.
Personally I'd rather use Oats than dextrose but I've read so much information proclaiming the advantages of hi GI carbs I'm giving them a shot, hope I dont catch typeII diabetes and a fat ass.

Whoops, I must have been hi when I typed that, what I meant was .5gram/kilo of carb and .25gram/kilo prot. Sorry.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
If you are getting serious discomfort, gas, bloating, etc. from combining fruits with protein (or anything with anything else, for that matter), then by all means, modify your eating schedule to correct it. But speaking for myself (and I'm guessing many others), I eat fruit with protein all the time without problems.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I used to mix up fruit like apricots, peaches, and strawberries, blueberries, etc. with my whey protein and never had problems, however, the sub-acidic fruits like that aren't really an issue with most people. Back in the day when I mixed a 'creamsicle cocktail' of orange juice, ice, and vanilla whey, the stuff would literally rape my stomach.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops Pure Vitargo
1 scoop Cell Mass
2 teaspoons of bcaa stack
16 oz water Shake it all up and drink ( Blender Bottle)
wait 30min
60g whey
1bananna
1 scoop peanut butter
1 cup oats (coffee grinder)
16oz Skim Milk Blend it all up and yummy!

Joint Fracture

Awards
I used to mix up fruit like apricots, peaches, and strawberries, blueberries, etc. with my whey protein and never had problems, however, the sub-acidic fruits like that aren't really an issue with most people. Back in the day when I mixed a 'creamsicle cocktail' of orange juice, ice, and vanilla whey, the stuff would literally rape my stomach.
Yikes! Literally? I hope you meant figuratively.

:)