What do you guys take for eye health?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
As I am getting older, I notice more floaters and fuzziness when I look at things far away.

I try to eat a lot of carrots and kale as well as take an eye supplement with rutin and bilberry in it, but just wondering if there is something else i can do or take?

I am in my late 30s and know aging eyes cant be stopped, but just want to know if I can slow it down.

^^ That is what i currently take.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's not bad for a cheap supplement but the problem is that they don't state anything about the extract amount for the Bilberry or anything else in it.

I've been thinking about doing an eye support formula because its an important type of product and something I'm very interested in myself, and honestly I can't find a formula on the market by a brand I would trust that would be a product that I would take myself. The downside is that its not traditionally a great selling category unless companies have a lot of money to sink into the marketing for it, and as with a lot of products like that, they try to keep costs as low and margins as high as possible.

Here are some ingredients that come to mind for me:

Eyebright herb - min. 750 mg. per day
Bilberry (std. to min. 25% anthocyanins) - 200+ mg per day
Lutein - 20 mg. per day
Zeaxanthin - 4 mg. per day
Astaxanthin - 4 mg. per day
Beta Carotene
Vitamin E (natural source)
Copper

Mirage2reality

Awards
They have a more comprehensive formula called Vision defense which is what i use

Mirtoselect® Bilberry Extract (Vaccinium myrtillus) (fruit) (standardized to 36% anthocyanosides)
50 mg
TrueBroc® Broccoli Extract (Brassica oleracea) (seed) (standardized to 13% glucoraphanin)
50 mg
Lutein [from Lutemax® 2020 (marigold flower extract)]
20 mg
AstaPure® Astaxanthin (from Haematococcus pluvialis)
4 mg
Zeaxanthin (as isomers) [from Lutemax® 2020 (marigold flower extract)]
4 mg

Pure synergy Eye protector is also great

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Our eyes have a lot of endocannabinoid receptors, in fact it is one of the most densely populated organs. CBG has been found to be very beneficial for overall eye health, but specifically for eye pressure that can cause floaters and may lead to glaucoma.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Our eyes have a lot of endocannabinoid receptors, in fact it is one of the most densely populated organs. CBG has been found to be very beneficial for overall eye health, but specifically for eye pressure that can cause floaters and may lead to glaucoma.
what is cbg?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what is cbg?
A legal cannabinoid.

A 2021 patient survey indicated a majority of patients found CBG-dominant products effective in treating their chronic pain, anxiety, and insomnia, among other conditions.
While there are still gaps to fill in the research of CBG, early findings indicate it has numerous health benefits:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I try to eat a lot of carrots
Personally I don't take any supplement directed toward eye health but in general I like the taste of carrots and just try to keep them regular which sounds like that's what you're doing so imo you are good and no additional supplements needed.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Personally I don't take any supplement directed toward eye health but in general I like the taste of carrots and just try to keep them regular which sounds like that's what you're doing so imo you are good and no additional supplements needed.
funny story about carrots. i order la castena picked serranos by the case. amazon sent me la castena pickled carrots by mistake this week. they are actually REALLY good! so got a refund and they let me keep the case of carrots lol. they are a lil spicy because they pickle them with a small amount of jalapinos. highly recommend them if you dont mind spicy

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
funny story about carrots. i order la castena picked serranos by the case. amazon sent me la castena pickled carrots by mistake this week. they are actually REALLY good! so got a refund and they let me keep the case of carrots lol. they are a lil spicy because they pickle them with a small amount of jalapinos. highly recommend them if you dont mind spicy
Sounds tasty! Might have to give them a try!