What do YOU believe in?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol
i guess it worked out for the best
she is good looking, and since no one is perfect that tells me something must be wrong with her.

what do you mean by mental issues? like paranoid? anger probs? she is stupid?
if she ran your life how could you really love her?

thats why im gonna check out the mom before i marry any chick if the mom isnt decent looking sorry girl it aint gonna happen :D

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
lol
i guess it worked out for the best
she is good looking, and since no one is perfect that tells me something must be wrong with her.

what do you mean by mental issues? like paranoid? anger probs? she is stupid?
if she ran your life how could you really love her?

thats why im gonna check out the mom before i marry any chick if the mom isnt decent looking sorry girl it aint gonna happen :D
uh her genetic line is full of issues, her little brothers and sis in KY have issues as well(but I honestly loved them, would do anything for them...I miss them, this is why I cant date a girl with kids -.-). Her mom is drug whore who sleeps around, dodges court, etc...

She has a fair share of mental issues. Dumb being one, she will freak out. She almost left her husband to stay at her dads house because he would not tell her a secret he was told...(which was that his buddy was getting married to, but no one was supposed to know yet...) that kinda crazy...she is a nice person, but comes off very very fake when your friends with her and see how spiteful and prideful she can be... She cut me deep a few times, but she is just pissed that after we broke up I went off to become a confident fitness guy, from what I was :D

Yeah check the mom out as well, thats a rule for me now. I mean alot of my buddies are dating cuter chicks, but their moms are fat, and the dad too. I am like uh...nevermind. Love is love lol, so as long as it works out. But my rule is, if I am gona be taking care of myself, she is gona be taking care of herself. I dont care if she has a "pouch" or something, but there is no excuse to try and compete with shamoo for a spot in seaworld.

Plus if a girl has a high fancy for money, gtfo. Because when things go bad in life, she will already be at the window dropping down an escape ladder saying "See Ya!, oh I am taking the kids, the house, and your car!"....

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well she is kinda crazy but in fairness most women are, but yeah shes is more than other women.

i only check out moms if i see a girl that might be a canidate to be my wife if im just having a casual relationship i dont check out moms

high maintanence girls, i hate them. also b1tches that are fine as hell i hate them too i would never date a girl who is in any way mean for no reason. Nice girls turn me on, also girls that are needy it kinda turns me on too.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
when i was 15 my parents lost everything when my grandmother died due to hospital bills and funeral debts they sold the house my father built and moved in with my grandfather he owed the irs over seven thousand dollars and we lost that house when i was 16
we moved to north carolina and lived with my grandparents
the drugs and bullsh!t was so bad around their i moved in with my uncle back down in south carolina and worked in a mobile home lot remodeling mobile homes to support my self
before i turned 18 i lost that job,
my parents and my two little sisters eventually moved in with me and my uncle back down in south carolina
my parents started going to church wich motivated my dad to quit drinking and they prayed hard, and they both have good jobs now and my sisters have their own roof over their heads
hard work and faith
i believe you can believe in whatever you want to but if you neglect religion because your god didnt answer a couple of your prayers then you are a whiney little pansey boy and you need to use the same bathroom women do

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
BUDDHISM.....

to really understand the meaning and teachings of buddhism i think is something unto itself..its so different than anything else out there-one of the main teachings of buddhism is to go out ther and explore for YOURSELF dont beleive anything anyone has taught you until you yourself cant ruly beleive it..buddhism is such an individiual oriented mindset that noone really understands that

idk i really beleive in being at peace with your surroundings, having good in your heart, and just giving off positive energy..

nothing in this world as created so many deaths and brutality such as religion-really wish we could all get like john lennon and IMAGINE

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BUDDHISM.....

to really understand the meaning and teachings of buddhism i think is something unto itself..its so different than anything else out there-one of the main teachings of buddhism is to go out ther and explore for YOURSELF dont beleive anything anyone has taught you until you yourself cant ruly beleive it..buddhism is such an individiual oriented mindset that noone really understands that

idk i really beleive in being at peace with your surroundings, having good in your heart, and just giving off positive energy..

nothing in this world as created so many deaths and brutality such as religion-really wish we could all get like john lennon and IMAGINE
at first i thought you were joking

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I believe in everything... Essentially I believe in Belief. The power of belief is Unimaginable. Once a wiseman wrote "Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

As far as my religious beliefs are concerned, I really enjoy Taoism and Christianity. You could say I'm Taoistrian, :lol: . But, really organized religion is really here to organize society, and in some weird sense I feel as though they are almost all essentially the same. Taoism is my favorite because it is more a way of thinking than it is a form of worship.

"the past and the future are inevitable. The past and the future do not exist"

^Good example of the thought of Taoism. Everything in the universe is the way its supposed to be, because The universe always balances itself.

Although I do believe that Jesus was here and tha the believed in everything he said, I also believe that nothing on this earth is perfect..

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
why would i at all be joking? did i say something you beleive was ignorant?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I believe the Universe began at a single moment through mass expansion/collapse of a single star ever expanding outward. I can't not believe in something that can not be observed over and over, tested, repeated, while gaining knowledge and becoming closer to an answer.
Would i be heartbroken and embarassed if one of the many religions existed, no. Why? It'll give me something to do for all eternity.
While we all know neither a God or a single starting point of the Universe has been proven, such things as miracles are non-sense to me. A sinlge occuring event is one thing, but when it defies the laws and elements we discovered of air, fire, water, other elements, gravity etc. it become invalid. I know there is many advances at the least monthly toward things that will hopefully prove existence of humans and life as a whole came into being through a sinlge moment or over time through combinings of proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates and all the other fantastic elements we know compose different kinds of matter.
If there's a God, well i'll toss a high five to him for providing such "non-sense" for us scientist to study while we lived our essentially minute periods of life in comparison to how long the earth has been around.
So all in all...a moment in time, rocks/mater gathered, life began to develop through microbes, then larger pieces of matter.
"A more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise filled with 400 billion suns and the rising of the milkey way..."
Advancements in the science of the unviverse as climbing at an amazing rate, in my lifetime i do not think i will hear answer. I have accepted that, i do not need a crutch for meaning in my life.
As i have said many of times, carry on with your beliefs as i do with mine.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
I'm am agnostic, but I pretty much live my life like a devout christian. No lying, cheating, stealing, etc etc.

I prefer to make the world a better place, not worse.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
bumping this thread because its the best thread I have read thus far some very interesting beliefs here.

oh and god hates phaggits

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bumping this thread because its the best thread I have read thus far some very interesting beliefs here.

oh and god hates phaggits
Someone's been reading about Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Someone's been reading about Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church.
dude it was a joke...haha

seems to be a lot of similar athiestic views here.

Personally I believe we exist by chance, through a serious of very fortunate and random occurrences. When we die we will rot and get eaten by worms, and I don't think people should waste their lives worshipping a god, that if people actually used their brains, would know does not exist.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude it was a joke...haha

seems to be a lot of similar athiestic views here.

Personally I believe we exist by chance, through a serious of very fortunate and random occurrences. When we die we will rot and get eaten by worms, and I don't think people should waste their lives worshipping a god, that if people actually used their brains, would know does not exist.
I know man. Wasn't jabbing at you, just making a general observation of what first popped into my head when I read that ;)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of The Living God - He is our Prophet, Priest and King.

Politics: Conservative Republican

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of The Living God - He is our Prophet, Priest and King.
And this, my friend, is the most important Truth that most will never realize. This is what life is really about.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
can I ask why you believe in god? I am not suggesting you are wrong but purely because I am curious. Is it because you were brought up in a Christian household? Would you still have the same beliefs if you were brought up in a household of a different religion or an athiestic one? How can you believe the bible when there are so many loopholes in it? Why would god send down Jesus at a time when it could not be documented, (filmed for proof ect)?

If Christians are good on earth purely for the purpose of going to heaven and not hell, is that not a completely selfish act, and thus they would go to hell?

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
And this, my friend, is the most important Truth that most will never realize. This is what life is really about.
my post above is also in reference to you buddy if you'd be so kind as to share your opinions.

n87

Awards
  • Established
I love hedgehogs!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
can I ask why you believe in god? I am not suggesting you are wrong but purely because I am curious. Is it because you were brought up in a Christian household? Would you still have the same beliefs if you were brought up in a household of a different religion or an athiestic one? How can you believe the bible when there are so many loopholes in it? Why would god send down Jesus at a time when it could not be documented, (filmed for proof ect)?

If Christians are good on earth purely for the purpose of going to heaven and not hell, is that not a completely selfish act, and thus they would go to hell?
I was not brought up in a Christian household. I was brought up in the exact opposite honestly. I became a Christian at 19 years old. I studied and heard the word and made my decision.

Your last statement....
Being a Christian is far from easy and is real work. Living a life to serve Jesus is very far from a selfish act. I serve the Lord because I am commanded to; I just so happen to get the gift of heaven for doing it.

I would also like to point out...
Trying my best to serve Jesus does not make me perfect. I am far from perfect and have my slip ups and I fall down as much as anyone. Thanks to his grace; he loves me anyway and I am forgiven.

"for we walk by faith, not by sight" -2 Corinthians 5:7

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
I was not brought up in a Christian household. I was brought up in the exact opposite honestly. I became a Christian at 19 years old. I studied and heard the word and made my decision.

Your last statement....
Being a Christian is far from easy and is real work. Living a life to serve Jesus is very far from a selfish act. I serve the Lord because I am commanded to; I just so happen to get the gift of heaven for doing it.

I would also like to point out...
Trying my best to serve Jesus does not make me perfect. I am far from perfect and have my slip ups and I fall down as much as anyone. Thanks to his grace; he loves me anyway and I am forgiven.

"for we walk by faith, not by sight" -2 Corinthians 5:7
well since you didn't really answer my question and instead gave me a typical template of a response I was expecting, I have to state you are not "commanded" to do anything. You choose to believe a story, written in a book 2000 years ago, with no solid proof, that a being of a higher power told Moses to write down 10 commandments. there is absolutely no proof of this, it really is just a story you choose to believe because you have "faith". not once does the bible condone intelligence, it uses to fear to tell you you must believe in this or you will not go to heaven.

what "research" have you done? This is a genuine question and I am not trying to start an argument, it is just something that I cannot get my head around, that so many people believe this crap...

Also the book of genesis is a ****ing horror story of god killing people for no good reason lol, he literally killed a woman because she wanted to look back and watch as god was destroying her city

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are starting to offend me slightly. You start off as acting as if you want a mature discussion then you go on by calling it "crap."

I am just going to end this as I do not wish to engage in any arguing. (that is where I see this going)

In the first post of this thread the rules were:
"THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR BACK AND FORTH DISCUSSION.

NO QUOTING AND REPLYING TO POSTS.

That's not what I'm looking for.

If you agree with someone, Rep them out. If you don't, simply post YOUR belief.

I'm not looking for an argument."

-----------------------------------------------

It is very hard for me to take your "I am not trying to start an argument" seriously when you then call my faith in Jesus "crap" in the very next sentence. I take offense to that and think you are being disrespectful at this point.

We can just agree to disagree my friend.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my post above is also in reference to you buddy if you'd be so kind as to share your opinions.
sure thing buddy. I believe in Christ because He changed my life. Seriously, I experienced a heart change, not a will to live better like most church-goers. No, I used to love and appreciate sin, u know..the usual stuff like being selfish, only loving those who love me, chasing after sex, alcohol and partying because I had a pletjora of insecurities. And I went to church on Sunday's my whole life because I was raised in that environment and honestly I thought "if I play the role of a Christian I'll be accepted by God"..but non of that was true. Some time later (in college), I heard the Gospel of Christ which was explained to me over the course of a few months and I finally understood how it all works. I realized I wasnt good enough for God and that I was always comparing myself to others instead of a perfect and holy God. But, I also understood the need for Christ and how He offers us (sinners) His perfect record in place of our own, and I also realized that His death was the act of God crushing Him in place of us that Uis wrath would be satisfied in the cross rather than on us. In believing this, God changed my heart, gave me a new one. Not a second chance kinda thing but more like someone elses heart - (Christ' heart). It could be confusing to hear all this but bottom line is I believed and trusted in Christ rather than myself for salvation and well, God delivered His promises and gave me a new Spirit. Now I desire different things. Before, it was natural for me to be sinful and selfish and it was very unnatural for me to be Godly, so to speak. Yet after the heart change I found it compelling for me to live righteously and it was convicted and painful to my heart to sin. I'm not saying hat I went from sinful to perfect. I'm saying that I am justified before God because of Christ and this is a gift from God. In a nutshell of course. Given the proper attention and time I believe I could make the gospel prefectly clear.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And to the athiest - sir, ur being disrespectful. Its clear u cant and do not wish to understand the Bible. Every time we try to answer a question u change the subject and go to some abstract, out of context, and misunderstood point of view about a scripture.

I never ever try to argue with atheists - they love arguing. Fact is, you cant prove that there isnt a God any more thane I can prove that there is a God.

And get the facts straight. The Bible was written by 40 different authors with 66 books in it over a 1500 year window in 3 different continents using three different languages and they all point to the same message throughout. And ur saying its full of crap?

You asked us questions. We told you. Your not convincing us otherwise, sir. I've experienced and tasted what is Good and Holy and no one can convince me He isnt real. It almost seems like u r arguing with us to convince urself. I know man, it sucks understanding the message of the bible because it tells us that 1) we will be held accountable for our actions, and 2) we arent the god of our own life and 3) we fall short of perfection.

Yeah scripture points to all these things but it also points to the Hope. The very existence of ur conscience is a good indicator that man has someone holding him accountable to things. You dont have to have the government tell u that stealing and lying and cheating is wrong do u? That conscience is there for a reason buddy.

And btw, ur understanding of the doctrine of the Bible is flawed. U dont "do good thing" to earn ur way into heaven. U trust in the work and Grace of Christ and follow His lead, serving Him out of gratitude. Thats why it takes a genuine heart change to have salvation because in ur own efforts you will never achieve this goodness that God demands from us.

I'm tired. I also know this wont go anywhere either. Please leave us Christians alone. If u need assurance that ur right, go do ur own solitary research and see for urself.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me why does god allow suffering of good people and why is there raping of innocent little boys and girls everyday. I see evil that prospers everyday.... Why is this allowed?

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me why does god allow suffering of good people and why is there raping of innocent little boys and girls everyday. I see evil that prospers everyday.... Why is this allowed?
lol

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Answered in PM. To think that man's imperfections say something about God's character is a perverted perspective. And good people are only good if you compare amongst each other. However, I challenge the "good" people to compare themselves to the Ten Commandments. See how bad you fall short of those..

Man wants to blame God for man's evil. It just doesn't make sense. It's like me blaming my boss for my tardiness at work.

Psalm 73:3-28 explains your question as well..

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agnostic raised with Christian values.About the only thing I really believe in is law of the jungle.The strong prosper while the weak merely survive.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
When someone dismisses God they are making that decision based on emotion and selfishness, Not Logic. Often they are troubled by the world's events and think if there was a God and if he was good he wouldn't allow this but they don't realize why it happens. Most of it is based on human selfishness. People are a big part of the problem. Going along with selfishness, people want to be free to do what they want without consequence. They stuff down that God given conscious. In turn they tune out God. God is available to everyone, how you accept him is your decision. You are free, we all are free. God knows what it takes to make us happy and he designed us so that when we take a wrong path it's like a error in the system. Things go wrong. You gotta get back on that path and everything will be right again.

Plan and simple. The world has departed from God and chose to focus on themselves and things have gone haywire.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an outsider comment, this thread lacks in anything substantive. It is filled with nothing more than vast generalizations, which are founded upon no factual proof. One of the reasons that I did not post in this thread for the last 1.5 years, was just for what I described. Although, I feel compelled now, so that those guilty of the silliness might eventually realize it.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Just an outsider comment, this thread lacks in anything substantive. It is filled with nothing more than vast generalizations, which are founded upon no factual proof. One of the reasons that I did not post in this thread for the last 1.5 years, was just for what I described. Although, I feel compelled now, so that those guilty of the silliness might eventually realize it.
I don't think it's ment to be informative. Just getting an idea of what people are thinking. Kind of like a poll.

lilarny

lilarny

Awards
is it mans fault that young children suffer and die everyday from illness such as lukemia, famine, aids, and thousands of others? why do they deserve such a horrible death at an age where they could not understand the teachings of your jesus? and where do they go when they die? because, according to christanity, they would burn for eternity for not accepting them into there hearts. but how can a 2 year old do any thing like that? and how about the people that died BEFORE jesus supposedly died for our sins? are they not in heaven?

i am not denying the fact jesus christ was an actual person, but the story of his birth, life, death, death rising, and workings were documented DECADES before him in another religion entirely. copycat? possibly. do you not find it funny that when something good happens, its gods will; but when something bad happens, he works in mysterious ways?

but please dont call atheist's uninformed, and selfish. i have a great life. and so do many others.

but on a side note........... i think we all come from an alien civilization..... that is discussion for another day

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
is it mans fault that young children suffer and die everyday from illness such as lukemia, famine, aids, and thousands of others? why do they deserve such a horrible death at an age where they could not understand the teachings of your jesus? and where do they go when they die? because, according to christanity, they would burn for eternity for not accepting them into there hearts. but how can a 2 year old do any thing like that? and how about the people that died BEFORE jesus supposedly died for our sins? are they not in heaven?

i am not denying the fact jesus christ was an actual person, but the story of his birth, life, death, death rising, and workings were documented DECADES before him in another religion entirely. copycat? possibly. do you not find it funny that when something good happens, its gods will; but when something bad happens, he works in mysterious ways?

but please dont call atheist's uninformed, and selfish. i have a great life. and so do many others.

but on a side note........... i think we all come from an alien civilization..... that is discussion for another day
Well said thank you!!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
God is a belief for those too weak to deal with reality

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
When someone dismisses God they are making that decision based on emotion and selfishness, Not Logic. Often they are troubled by the world's events and think if there was a God and if he was good he wouldn't allow this but they don't realize why it happens. Most of it is based on human selfishness. People are a big part of the problem. Going along with selfishness, people want to be free to do what they want without consequence. They stuff down that God given conscious. In turn they tune out God. God is available to everyone, how you accept him is your decision. You are free, we all are free. God knows what it takes to make us happy and he designed us so that when we take a wrong path it's like a error in the system. Things go wrong. You gotta get back on that path and everything will be right again.

Plan and simple. The world has departed from God and chose to focus on themselves and things have gone haywire.
I was finished with this thread, but this has to be addressed as it is one of the biggest ****ing insults and most ignorant things I have ever read in my entire life. My decision to believe that a "god" does not exist is based entirely on the logic that there is absolutely no proof he exists, the bible claims things which have since been proven false, that none of the stories in the bible make sense, if god wanted us to believe than why doesn't he just send Jesus down to us again to conjure up more magical miracle tricks for us like the pointless turning of water into wine or walking on water, so that it can be proven and documented and successfully convert everyone to Christianity?

Oh that's right, because you have "faith" (a word made up so that people believe every ****ing word they are told without using any ****ing logic in their brains to see that is is absolute bull****), something which I am too "selfish" to acquire.

What about people of other religions who don't worship Jesus and dedicate their lives to other religions, I supposed they'll be going to hell
too.

Stupid ****s like you are the reason why Karl Marx once said "Religeon is the opium of the people"

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Anytime there is moisture and warmth sh1t will grow...

OafMister

Awards
fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting thing is, if a Christian really has his head screwed on straight, he isn't concerned with religion. In regards to religion, Jesus Christ was an outlaw and a law breaker (referring to the Jewish laws, not His own laws) and furthermore I can't see why a follower of Christ is focusing on religion and works and what not. In fact, to me to be a Christian is not about telling others that their going to hell. Rather, I like to focus on the part that God actually told me to focus on, which is not to condemn but to love. Simply love. Love God and love people. Love them like they are important, like they are God's creation. To be a Christian who is close to God is also to be a humble man. I'm sorry that so many are hateful towards Christians and towards Christ.

Two more things:

1) I find it interesting that the only controversial beliefs on this board seems to be Christianity. To give you atheist a tip: don't get defensive when you approach a believer. Don't challenge it. The more you go out of your way, the more you confirm the Word of God to us. We are very warned about atheism, idolaters, pagans, etc. and every time someone goes out of their way to attack Jesus Christ, and therefore us as believers, it only causes us to believe even more and to resist even more since you have effectively fulfilled various scriptures regarding "the nonbelievers".

2) Also, for those who have been attacking Christianity and just in general have been controversial - read the thread topic! It doesn't ask for you to interpret or tell us of what others believe. Rather, its says, what do YOU believe in..I've seen quite a few posts of people attempting to tell others of what they believe in or who they are - and those comments haven't been nice at all I might add. In fact, there are two on this very page just a few posts above (no names).

I'd like to also add that when you attack someone else's beliefs (and by attack I mean challenge, reprimand, belittle, etc) you actually look like you are getting defensive. And from what I've understood in life, people belittle others in attempt to protect an insecurity of their own. You see this from the time you are very little such as bullies in grade school, and you see it in adulthood too when people are harshly critical, gossiping, or just flat out slandering and such to others).

So when you start attacking me, or the atheist, or the Buddhist or the Islamist, just know that while everything may sound like complete sense to your own ears when you talk, text or type - others have a different perspective. And even more so, a perspective that reveals your insecurities. Perhaps the reason you bullied folks in grade school is for the same exact reasons you attack anothers beliefs - you are defending your insecurity. For an antheist, he might be protecting his belief in a life of scientific chance, where the survival of the fittest is all that matters. Or for someone like myself, who, when challenged to consider that God does not exist I fear the possibility of having a meaningless and short-lived, and painful life. Or for the Islamist, that his radical beliefs are over-the-top and in fact more evil than good. All of us have insecurities, let's not try and bring those out of each other because it doesn't help keep a fair, educated and loving conversation.

Finally, I'll say specifically to the atheist: you believe what you will and I will live by what I believe. I'll show you love and if after witnessing what Christ has done for me that you still decide to reject that belief, then so be it. One thing is for sure about this world: in the end everyone is going to get 1) what they deserve and 2) what they want

If you decide that you do not want Christ, my thought is..you'll get a life without Christ for all eternity. You also be getting what you deserve as well! Call it good, call it bad. You have your opinion. And ultimately, I believe that I'll get what I want, which is a life with Christ because quite honestly I like the idea of being in a perfect place where things would make sense and where I'd be royalty for all eternity and in the presence of a perfect and holy God. I dont see how anyone calls me crazy for wanting that...

Something else to chew on as well. Yes, you are right - I cannot prove that God does in fact exist. I wouldn't even try. It altogether goes against the idea of believing in the unseen and having faith (which is another word for trust). But get this..you can't prove that He doesn't exist, either.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I will avoid the back and forth as much as possible so I'm going to start by not bashing others beliefs or responding to any of the comments I find problems with etc.

I myself am an atheist. I was raised in a Christian home even tho it was not always lived out to the fullest but my parents tried for what it's worth. I started questioning my beliefs and pressing for answers to them about a year ago. I was told by ppl from both sides to keep pressing and the truth would shine thru. Well I've been a non believer ever since. At first it was really hard for me giving up something I was raised to believe but I honestly feel a total freedom and relief that I now live in the real world.

Just as I once wanted to share the gospel I feel ppl should wake up and leave religion, God, etc behind. I think atheists get a bad rap because they go against a lot of belief systems and ppl don't like that. I admit I can say things that are rude regarding religion and the same can be said of God fearing ppl from time to time. None of us are perfect but the difference imo is I choose to deal with things as they are and believers bring imaginary things like sin, angels, demons, heaven, hell, etc into the mix and that just seems rediculious to me.

Hopefully that made some sense and I'm sorry if anyone is offended by anything I said.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Having a conscience of right from wrong seems ridiculous? This is the way that I see "sin". The word sin actually represents the distance from the bullseye and was originally used in archery, or in a religious meaning, the distance one is from perfection. To my understanding, sin is merely identifying something that is wrong or imperfect. You didn't have to cultivate or grow that conscience of yours. It was given to man. And notice only man carries such a thing among so much more creation. It's a small, yet simple example of what I'd consider evidence supporting Intelligent Design. Regardless, I'd hardly call my religion or beliefs silly or false. One thing is for certain is that if I actually do in fact live out my faith - it greatly contributes to society by serving others and in general making the world a much more pleasant place to be. And that reason alone makes it worth while for an atheist to have a better regard for Christians. If you are so certain that you are right then there is no reason to have such hostility in words towards Christians, attacking them every chance you get. (not that you do that, but many atheist do)

And also, I have a very good friend who is very intellegent and was also an atheist for the majority of his life. He searched God out and gave a fair, unbiased research towards proving or disproving God. In the process, he concluded that there was more evidence for Him than against Him. What was key in all of this is the Spirit changing his life, however. And he'd be the one to tell you all of this, too. He's rather intimidating to atheist though since he himself was an expert atheist for a long time and had all the right explanations to prove that God doesn't exist. But somehow things changed and honestly I can say his life now has a purpose much bigger than himself.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Yes there are many ppl from both sides that have made a switch one way or the other. I personally know an ex pastor who went to bible college or whatever you want to call it and eventually came to the conclusion his beliefs were false. I also wouldn't expect you to think your beliefs were silly because they are after all your beliefs. I had a personal, intimate, relationship with Christ (in my mind) and can even say it helped bring me out of a dark past and through some tough times. Does that make it real? The answer is no. A childs imaginary friend is not real and that is the same light I see my relationship with God in now. It was a false belief passed down to me that had managed to be taught as fact when I see it is far from that now. I have come to realize this and am thankful for it overall even tho it shook my life up in various ways.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Having a conscience of right from wrong seems ridiculous? This is the way that I see "sin". The word sin actually represents the distance from the bullseye and was originally used in archery, or in a religious meaning, the distance one is from perfection. To my understanding, sin is merely identifying something that is wrong or imperfect. You didn't have to cultivate or grow that conscience of yours. It was given to man. And notice only man carries such a thing among so much more creation. It's a small, yet simple example of what I'd consider evidence supporting Intelligent Design. Regardless, I'd hardly call my religion or beliefs silly or false. One thing is for certain is that if I actually do in fact live out my faith - it greatly contributes to society by serving others and in general making the world a much more pleasant place to be. And that reason alone makes it worth while for an atheist to have a better regard for Christians. If you are so certain that you are right then there is no reason to have such hostility in words towards Christians, attacking them every chance you get. (not that you do that, but many atheist do)

And also, I have a very good friend who is very intellegent and was also an atheist for the majority of his life. He searched God out and gave a fair, unbiased research towards proving or disproving God. In the process, he concluded that there was more evidence for Him than against Him. What was key in all of this is the Spirit changing his life, however. And he'd be the one to tell you all of this, too. He's rather intimidating to atheist though since he himself was an expert atheist for a long time and had all the right explanations to prove that God doesn't exist. But somehow things changed and honestly I can say his life now has a purpose much bigger than himself.
I would really love to se to see this "research" conducted by your friend. Is there a link you can show us?? btw your self-righteous attitude is kind of sickening.