WE SQUAT -- Powered by MaxREPS -- INVADING THE NON-STIM CATEGORY!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I have fruit punch and I love it!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whats the taste like guys/Gals?

Great formula for a great price, Infact it looks like the best priced effective product out there right now.
Watermelon Limeade = Godly. Period
Fruit Punch = Smarties

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I will try Watermelon limeade, Might just get both as Im in the UK and takes a while to get here.
You close to Shoreham at all? I got a friend that lives there.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
Hey all!

Let's start a little discussion on squats regarding lifting equipment such: Bare knees, sleeves, and wraps!

For example:

When I am planning a meet prep- I use my 1RM SLEEVES only to set the first 8-12 weeks of training. From there- I calculate a projected 1RM with wraps using my excel spreadsheet and hit 3 weeks or so in wraps to make sure I have the hang of things.

I am curious as to what the other lifters/competitors here do?

I am ALL about building my base strength with sleeves for an extended period of time, however, when it's contest time- and wraps are allowed- I have to use them! I EASILY get another 50-80lbs out of them which is critical to my total. Has that been your experience as well?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will always warm-up with nothing
then once i get 315 on the bar the Inzer Belt comes on for stability. I do not wear knee sleeves or wraps. Just an inzer belt. Has treated me really well and has helped me keep my squat high. After my cutting phase looking to push 405 x 6 and beat that as my PR ..

Tough to break PR's the longer I diet down.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have yet to invest in a set of sleeves as the student loans are REAL!!! My Walmart knee wraps however come in handy when doing singles and doubles and I love it! The added compression on the kneecap really is noticeable and is a great aid. I however really only get an extra 25lbs out of them.

I have a leather belt that I use frequently for Back Squat but I cannot wear it for front squats without over compensating and straining my back. I do indeed love it though!

Bands have helped me continuously press forward on my lifts and I have used them for reverse and jump squats.

Great equipment all round to have in the bag for Leg training days.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
You can find good deals on amazon.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking about buying/using the manta ray. Squats lately have been making my arm/fingers numb. Hopefull it will alleviate pressure off my spine and or nerve
Will probably look like a douche but fuk it! Safety first

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use a belt when I hit 350. I feel really comfortable under the bar at 315 but for some reason whenever I go over 350 I feel like I need that extra stability.

I did my first workout on Friday since April 29. I tried and succeeded at doing front squats. I'm pumped. I tried back squats but with my cast I couldn't get a good grasp on the bar. So front squats it is. I looked like a tool walking into the gym in a cast but I worked harder than anyone in there. So they can suck it.

I front squat because I can!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I use a belt when I hit 350. I feel really comfortable under the bar at 315 but for some reason whenever I go over 350 I feel like I need that extra stability.

I did my first workout on Friday since April 29. I tried and succeeded at doing front squats. I'm pumped. I tried back squats but with my cast I couldn't get a good grasp on the bar. So front squats it is. I looked like a tool walking into the gym in a cast but I worked harder than anyone in there. So they can suck it.

I front squat because I can!
I'm in an aircast lol otherwise I'd totally be squatting/deadlifting in an cast right there with you lol

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in an aircast lol otherwise I'd totally be squatting/deadlifting in an cast right there with you lol
Thanks. Wish I could deadlift. Heck id kill for a bicep pump.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
Some very good responses so far. I am planning on hitting some squats today. Lighter day, volume. I dead lifted 4x last week so I need to take it easy (haha). Then after some squats, ill attack the strict press!

I just signed up for Southern Oregon Strongest Man competition in July- so I will be working on my pressing strength, efficiency in the Yoke run, Farmer carries, and Atlas stones! We will also have MAS wrestling in the contest this year! :slomo:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some very good responses so far. I am planning on hitting some squats today. Lighter day, volume. I dead lifted 4x last week so I need to take it easy (haha). Then after some squats, ill attack the strict press!

I just signed up for Southern Oregon Strongest Man competition in July- so I will be working on my pressing strength, efficiency in the Yoke run, Farmer carries, and Atlas stones! We will also have MAS wrestling in the contest this year! :slomo:
Sounds like fun ............................ in a sick sorta way !!!!!!!!!!

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
IT WAS HOT in the gym yesterday. 87 degrees inside and 100 degrees outside. Good thing it was a "de-load" squat day. Just some easy triples at 300lbs.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IT WAS HOT in the gym yesterday. 87 degrees inside and 100 degrees outside. Good thing it was a "de-load" squat day. Just some easy triples at 300lbs.
How often do you deload in your squat training?

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
How often do you deload in your squat training?
Not very often. I maxed last week and strained a muscle in my quad, it's been a nagging injury over the last 3-4 months- I could hardly get out of my car. So i decided to still squat but cut the volume and intensity in half.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
WINNER being announced soon! Stay tuned!

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
I squat because it just feels so good. I love having weight try to crush me down. My best squat in competition is 804 lbs at 308 drug tested. In the gym I have hit 850 and been on the quest for 900. I feel that training the legs in the squat helps to increase my overall aggressiveness against the weights and in the gym. There is just something invigorating about having a heavy weight on your back and realizing you are not made of glass. As a competitive strongman, I find that doing heavy squats helps to condition the CNS to absorb impact and move with heavy weight with out going unconscious. So squatting heavy has carryover into all of your training as it helps your body be able to move heavier weight in all your lifts. Also, your body is a system and your growth will not be able to reach maximum potential if you never train legs. What i mean is your upper body will stop growing and making gains if you do not train your lower body as well. So to reach maximum potential, strengthen your entire body, and condition your CNS, squat heavy and squat often.
Ragnavok, you are our first winner! Please PM me to claim your prize within the next 7 days.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
This is a pretty cool thread, definitely going to jump in on the fun.

1. I squat because it makes me feel alive. I don't know about you but nothing feels better than smashing some heavy squats.
2. I am personally a low bar squatter, but I like to train high bar as I feel its important to be able to do both well. My goal is to get to 700lbs by the end of the year. I am coming off an injury that sidelined my training for a couple months, however it hasn't slowed me down too much. I made a makeshift safety squat bar that allowed me to keep going to an extent. Pre-injury I smoked 635 and think when I get back to squatting regularly it should all come back pretty quickly.

Best advice I ever got was pull the bar hard into your body to create greater tightness, as well as learning how to get the most out of using a belt to create greater pressure/tightness.
Zman, you have been selected as our second winner! Please PM me within the next 7 days to claim your giveaway package!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats guys!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations!!

Weak

Awards
So this thread has died... I squated today because some Russian guy named Boris didn't care that Monday of week 2 of his training landed on Independence day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So this thread has died... I squated today because some Russian guy named Boris didn't care that Monday of week 2 of his training landed on Independence day.
Good Reason !!