Wasme's recomp journey....

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take it back. I just read about the snow angels in a dress. I hope it hurts forever lol jk bud i have serious back problems and wouldn't wish that sh1t on anyone haha
LMAO... too funny

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe Simon should do the snow angels that way he can ice his back at the same time.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe Simon should do the snow angels that way he can ice his back at the same time.
If it would help I'd be in. lol

I am hoping to get a lift in tomorrow. Back is finally starting to loosen up.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
If it would help I'd be in. lol I am hoping to get a lift in tomorrow. Back is finally starting to loosen up.
Good to hear man, getting hurt and not being able to lift sucks

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
REMOVED

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did you remove lol
It was an error. The same post from above, but with a response that was supposed to be for another thread. I dunno what happened.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/5/2014

...well about to smack my head off a wall. This no working out business is starting to get to me. Still not out of the woods today, but feeling quite a bit better. I probably could get away with a chest workout tomorrow. However, considering the fact that Friday was a planned off day (I have commitments the entire day/evening), I think I will look at Saturday, and restart Meadows Week 9 - Legs. Workout will be a lighter effort in the squat area - really focusing on form.

- I guess I finally got some rest in Steve!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It feels as if your stuck in a box with no room to move just to sit and breathe! But when you get back the beast awakens! You'll be right back it brother just don't over due it til it's healthy again.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll be better for the break in the long run.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll be better for the break in the long run.
What I am thinking too. Today things are much better. Walking without limp, and going from sitting to standing is way less uncomfortable.

- I am sure Thomas you will find yourself a nice little quote edit there! lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I am thinking too. Today things are much better. Walking without limp, and going from sitting to standing is way less uncomfortable.

- I am sure Thomas you will find yourself a nice little quote edit there! lol
Lol. I would've if you hadn't said anything.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Out of curiosity, and because I don't remember seeing any mention of it in here or previous logs, but do you foam roll or do any deep tissue work with lacrosse balls? Anytime I have a tweak or sore spot (not disk related in my case) both seem to do quite a bit of good.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I kinda like walking when it is limp myself..
makes ppl talk too much if I'm walking around hard all the time
Well Steve, the FINAFLEX FREAK in me likes to keep the ladies talking and gawking.. (at least they aren't giggling!)

Out of curiosity, and because I don't remember seeing any mention of it in here or previous logs, but do you foam roll or do any deep tissue work with lacrosse balls? Anytime I have a tweak or sore spot (not disk related in my case) both seem to do quite a bit of good.
I have actually had a couple of massages this week, which have helped.

I have never foam rolled (but am thinking more and more I should do this). Speaking of which Dave, I do have a half roller - is this even useful ? It was like 2 bucks and its 18 inches long and looks like a half moon. I know I need to get a proper one.

I did take your advice in the past and rolled my shoulder with a lacrosse ball - and it helped a fair bit.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Upon reflection this week off has shown me a few things.

1. Taught me no matter what is going on to always stay focused. I was no where near my max weight and when I popped my back. Simply because I was thinking about the tasks I needed to accomplish after my workout, not that task at hand.

2. I will be well rested and should be good to go Saturday. I am sure my nagging shoulder has reaped some benefits with this too.

3. Obviously I need to work on my form on a few things.

4. Forced rest and not being able work out simply sucks monkey balls (yep, just like you Thomas) ;)

And finally... Fûck it - considering this my deload week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no clue what a half roller is bud. I have a trigger point roller, myself. I like the rumble roller as well. They're both pretty good.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no clue what a half roller is bud. I have a trigger point roller, myself. I like the rumble roller as well. They're both pretty good.
This is it... ( I will google the ones you mentioned.. thanks Dave)

AXH363_axis-roller-black-half-36x3.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Every time someone puts a video for foam rolling or mobility stuff I ended up going down the rabbit hole of other videos for a couple hours.... I just get sucked in to that stuff.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every time someone puts a video for foam rolling or mobility stuff I ended up going down the rabbit hole of other videos for a couple hours.... I just get sucked in to that stuff.
I hear you and more often than not, I end up with vids of girls in yoga pants or thongs lol

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasme did you check your pm I'd replied to brother?

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
....Ok back in the game! Weight used was lighter, focused on form and not re-injuring. Back was still a little tender this morning, but no pain and well enough sitting around.

2/8/2014

Mountain Training - Program 3
Week 9 - Phase 2 - LEGS

Lying Leg Curls
70x10
80x10
90x10
90x10
90x10
90x10
90x10

Barbell Squats - using safety squat bar
135x10
135x10
155x10
185x6
185x6
205x6
205x6
205x6

- my hams were absolutely killing by the end of this. Had to stretch between sets as they kept cramping up

Hack Squat
135x10
155x10
185x10
185x10
185x10

Dumbell Walking Lunges - 10 steps with one leg, 10 with the other
BWx10/10
25's x 10/10
25 x 10/10

Dumbbell Stiff Legged Deadlifts
60's x 10
60x10
60x10
60x10

- went really slow on these to take care of my lower back and really push the stretch in my hams.

Cardio: While watching some Olympic moguls..(crazy f'ers)

Treadmill: 30 minutes @ 4.2 mph and @ 4 incline

Great to be back. Will take it a little easier this week, but will ramp things back up as I go.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome bro def glad that the back is better. I keep trying to make sure my tennis elbow doesn't flare up. My energy has been here and there. I feel like something is off horomone wise. My trt is still looking good, but I swear i wish I could be rich enough to own a hgh clinic lol.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Glad your back and feeling better. Working those wheels!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome bro def glad that the back is better. I keep trying to make sure my tennis elbow doesn't flare up. My energy has been here and there. I feel like something is off horomone wise. My trt is still looking good, but I swear i wish I could be rich enough to own a hgh clinic lol.
Thanks Pack. Have you been back to your doctor for new set of bloods?

Glad your back and feeling better. Working those wheels!
Thanks Pete. Sorry as fawk tonight too. Lighter weight + close to perfect form = winning

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back felt good this morning, legs...not so much!

Got outside though and did a 5km jog in the snow after a good dosing of BCAA SAA (and upon rising)

Once home dosed Ignite 2, Creatrona, and Max Pump.. prepared another shaker of BCAA SAA for intra.

2/9/2014

Week 9 - Phase 2 - CHEST and SHOULDERS + Calves

Flat Dumbbell Press
35x10
50x10
60x8
70x8
75x8
80x6

Incline Barbell Bench - no lockout
135x6
185x6
205x6
225x6
245x6
255x3 - outta gas on that one

Banded Barbell Bench - using pro monster mini
135x5
185x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

Machine Flies
90x20
90x18,2

Dumbbell Side Laterals
20x15
25x8
25x8
25x8
25x8

Ultra Wide Grip Overhead Press
65x10
75x10
75x10
75x10

Reverse Crossovers (in place of Machine Rear Delt Raises)
50x15
60x12
60x10
70x8

- pause at contraction
- really felt these today

Dumbbell Rear Lateralts - DESTROYER SET
40x60, drop, 20x30 drop, 10x10 with flex at the top

- to me the are the hardest exercise in the program. The 60 and 30 are just brutal and feel like an eternity.

Calves done in Smith Rack (with rubber 45 plate on ground)
205x10
205x10
225x8
245x8
265x8
275x8
285x8

- hard flex at the top

Post workout... 30g Isolate, oatmeal and an hour later some chicken.

Have some jerk chicken marinating to bbq this evening.. should be fantastic.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should add here... that it feels great to be back in the garage. Before my injury I was going 4 on 1 off... I am going to go 2 on 1 off for the time being to allow for a bit more rest/recovery. I will likely still run though on off days (or the walking crap on treadmill).

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Awesome workout! You really killed those Incline BB press!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
it feels great to be back in the garage.
this read out of context could be rather comical..

Before my injury I was going 4 on 1 off... I am going to go 2 on 1 off for the time being to allow for a bit more rest/recovery. I will likely still run though on off days (or the walking crap on treadmill).
sounds great mate, i like the plan for sure

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome workout! You really killed those Incline BB press!
Thanks Pete. Felt good under the bar.. plans was to stay light but felt ok so pushed.

this read out of context could be rather comical..

sounds great mate, i like the plan for sure
LOL true enough, better than the dog house though. Thanks, hoping breaking things up will stave off injuries, etc.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You took things to another level brother. Logging is still top notch and your presence on the forum and your collaboration and willingness to share knowledge with others makes you an ideal rep for any company. Very impressive work here.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
You took things to another level brother. Logging is still top notch and your presence on the forum and your collaboration and willingness to share knowledge with others makes you an ideal rep for any company. Very impressive work here.
who is this guy?

i knew someone on this forum named fumoney a long time ago, but he has been gone for a long while now..
this dude must be imposter

:hitwithrock:

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Imposter indeed snags. Got my life back in order. Move to MD 5 month away.

Still not on here regularly. Starting back nice and slow.

I did AM stalk few times to see how everyone was doing. Your contest pics are unreal. Sick veins.

Hope all is well.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad your back is better Wasme. At your age the recovery is much harder.

:D

Thanks for your help with the MD program. I hope my OHP's are near yours when I hit them.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words brother. Glad to hear things are in order and you back on here.

Glad your back is better Wasme. At your age the recovery is much harder.

:D

Thanks for your help with the MD program. I hope my OHP's are near yours when I hit them.
You speak the truth there (unfortunately lol)

No problem, any questions let me know. If I can't answer something specific you know there are a bunch of guys in this thread that certainly can!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the kind words brother. Glad you noticed! I only shaved for you. I figured that was the only way I could get you back in me.

If I can't give you what you want, well you know there are a bunch of guys in this thread that certainly can!
I know you missed the guy but do you have to offer all of us up too???

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
02/10/2014

Rest day

- Will be hitting up the treadmill later though while watching some Olympics. Looking forward to the hockey tournament.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/11/2014

Never a fan of post work, workouts.. but this was a dandy!

Week 9 - Phase 2 - Back and Calves (2)

"Row-a-thon II"

One Arm Barbell Rows
70x10
70x10
85x10
95x10
105x10
120x10/8

- couldn't pull anything beyond 8 on the right side on that last set. Gave it two attempts and didn't want to bring my lower back into play so stop.
- nausea set in in that last set briefly, always a good sign lol

Meadows Rows - high rep for the shock factor
80x15
90x15
90x12,3/11,4

- the last set of these was brutal. Terrific stretch.

Seated Cable Rows (in place of support chest rows)
120x10
120x10
120x10

- used a shoulder width bar (palms facing)
- kept chest up and back straight to attempt duplicating a supported chest row to the best of my ability
- seemed to work well as the stretch was intense.

Dumbbell Pullovers - lying on bench, head hanging off
50x10
50x10
50x10

Dumbbell Shrugs - 3 second hold at the top
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10 - accidental extra set

Hyperextensions with Band
3 sets to failure (did not count)

Standing Calves in Smith Rack - hard flex at the top
205x10
205x10
225x8
265x8
285x8
285x8
285x8

Cardio
Treadmill 4.2 mph, 3.5-5 incline - 40 minutes while watching the Olympics.

- It can be pretty emotional seeing these young athletes win a medal representing your country. Not too mention all the stories that go along with the games.