want to loss weight the right way

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i am down to 29.4% body fat i went online and did the home body fat test based on measurement .as i stated before my home scale was saying 40 % today it was 36% so iam going with the net test:woohoo: and i weigh 185.6 thanks again everyone for your help your all soooooooooo wonderful ta ta for now:wave:

good job...keep up the good work....:D

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
keep up the good work. It takes time to figure your whole routine out and diet.

1hotblackchick

Awards
hey guys just checkin in i am down to 183 ......yes i am on my way ....if you guys have anymore advice to help me along i would really appreciate it .Thanks a bunch buds:woohoo:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
drop sugar/sodas/starches out of your diet for a bit and see how you react to it.

1hotblackchick

Awards
what are good ab and thigh exercises that are easy if any?

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Try leg lifts for abs and squats for thighs. If you want your abs visible i'd put more emphasis on my diet and cardio plan. Just read the whole thread and I hope you reach your goals. My sissy is going through the same thing you are(in a way) but she just had GBS. When she is able to get back into full swing, we're gonna hit the gym together to get her where she wants to be. Best of luck to ya.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

well..in my opinion.....easy exercises like that come from Yoga....believe it or not...i myself personally do Side bridges for my abs and back....very effective for me.....just do a search on the internet.....i also do crunches...but it depends on how comfortable you feel with them....some people dont like it....umm....for thights....you can do thigh lifts from the same position that you do the side bridges...so...it all depends really on how comfortable you are in certain positions.

As for the diet.....i agree with AB about dropping all the sugars and soda's out of your diet.....Drink water....water...and more water......its amazing how much better you feel just by doing that.....

Maybe if you have the time...you can give us a Complete Daily Routine......just one.....if its aobut the same everyday..list what you eat and when you eat....and also list your exericises and when you exercise.....that will give us and other people some ideas on what can be tweaked to maximize your efforts

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
You lost 2 pds in a day??? You cant starve yourself, it wont work, have you ever tried weight watchers???? the flex system is great, my sister lost 69 pds (looks amazing) and I was up to 148, i lost 20 pds on it recently, although at my height its to much, the point is it helps, it guides you and it offers the support to know your not alone, i go to meetings every week, offer and get support from people who have lost alot more than me, and alot less as well.........what I need is to know how to eat and what to eat...My exercise is never an issue, swim, run, walk, lift, spin....you name it i do it............alwaya change it up,

But 2 pds in a day??? be careful......

Check it out, Weightwatchers.com

1hotblackchick

Awards
hey everyone thanks for the advice ......i would like to tell you guys what my diet consists of and also my exercise plan........ready here it go .......in the am i eat cottage cheese or a berryfulling smoothie from jamba juice 160 cal 5cal fat with a protein,fiber and burner boost for lunch i eat a turkey sub with all the veggies and cheese and mayo and the baked chips.most days i dont eat dinner because i am not hungry if i do it probly a chicken salad with cheese no dressing . ok ..for my exercise my friend and i have started lifting 10 pound weights (5lbs each weight)for arms ,leg lifts,and squats and abs walking in place after that we power walk for about a hour probly 3 or 4 miles.by the way i do the bcomplex shot so i think it reving my metabolism i exercise 5 days a week and i drnk a sugerfree red bull before exercising ...i guess i am doing ok

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
hey everyone thanks for the advice ......i would like to tell you guys what my diet consists of and also my exercise plan........ready here it go .......in the am i eat cottage cheese or a berryfulling smoothie from jamba juice 160 cal 5cal fat with a protein,fiber and burner boost for lunch i eat a turkey sub with all the veggies and cheese and mayo and the baked chips.most days i dont eat dinner because i am not hungry if i do it probly a chicken salad with cheese no dressing . ok ..for my exercise my friend and i have started lifting 10 pound weights (5lbs each weight)for arms ,leg lifts,and squats and abs walking in place after that we power walk for about a hour probly 3 or 4 miles.by the way i do the bcomplex shot so i think it reving my metabolism i exercise 5 days a week and i drnk a sugerfree red bull before exercising ...i guess i am doing ok

Your not eating nearly enough, and your not allowing that "cheat" meal, day...if you deprive, your body will not respond....even though i am on and have done WW, i still get to eat ice cream, cookies,(100 cal paks)....portion control......

and water, drink it till you cant anymore...i add crystal light singles to go...yummy

1hotblackchick

Awards
how many cals should i eat a day i am 26 and 5'4

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
i would cut the mayo or find a more natural healthier mayo. And remember not to let the fire go out, have a green apple and cottege cheese before bed.

Does sound like your low on calories, I did that too, but I push my self in the weight room so I couldn't be having that kind of loss of energy. consistent and clean eating is key. Do the calc to find out what your intake is and work from there. My body needs 3600 calories a day to maintain, I cut about 1k off because of the amount of bf will be used in place of the rest of the calories. Try a green tea extract I liked it, nice caffeine boost and you sweat more in the gym, replace your red bull n b shot, unless someone else has another reason.

It's great seeing amazing results, espicially with just good diet and a lot of exercise. Just keep improving your diet and the variety of cardio and you'll have no problems.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
how many cals should i eat a day i am 26 and 5'4
Try using this tool. BMR Calculator

Once you calculate your bmr, go to the Harrison Benedict Formula and figure out what your cal intake should be. From there you can click on the lose weight link(Calorie Intake to Lose Weight)
and figure out what you should be taking in a day. Then I would highly suggest(like it already was) to start using fitday.com to log your cal intake.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try using this tool. BMR Calculator

Once you calculate your bmr, go to the Harrison Benedict Formula and figure out what your cal intake should be. From there you can click on the lose weight link(Calorie Intake to Lose Weight)
and figure out what you should be taking in a day. Then I would highly suggest(like it already was) to start using fitday.com to log your cal intake.
i though fitday had a calculator like that on it itself???

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Your not eating nearly enough, and your not allowing that "cheat" meal, day...if you deprive, your body will not respond....even though i am on and have done WW, i still get to eat ice cream, cookies,(100 cal paks)....portion control......

and water, drink it till you cant anymore...i add crystal light singles to go...yummy

She's right! The cheat meal is so important. I recommend Old Country Buffet or one of those chinese buffets. Oh god, I'm planning a cheat buffet day tomorrow. So psyched.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
She's right! The cheat meal is so important. I recommend Old Country Buffet or one of those chinese buffets. Oh god, I'm planning a cheat buffet day tomorrow. So psyched.

I had chinese food last night....YUMMY

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
just had dq, ahh mint blizzard. it was a small. probably 600 calories but I just went to the range so i burnt off maybe 100.

Yeah a good cheat day will keep your body from crashing, don't go crazy but enjoy a few foods that you miss while dieting.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
just had dq, ahh mint blizzard. it was a small. probably 600 calories but I just went to the range so i burnt off maybe 100.

Yeah a good cheat day will keep your body from crashing, don't go crazy but enjoy a few foods that you miss while dieting.
Cheat Day or Cheat meal?

1hotblackchick

Awards
i ate tacos today but i am so afraid i will gain weight i really cant afford a cheat day

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I've heard this one here before, as long as your cheat is a piece of cake or a big burger from a fast food joint your ok. As long as it doesn't turn into a whole pie or cake or biggie fri, biggie drink, and 2 big burgers.

You can have one day a month or so where you eat the foods you used too. And one thing to consider that I realized the hard way is that if you are every unable to make the healthy food that you eat and you eat some junk out of necessity your body will really fight it and it would be hard to digest/absorb. A cheat day keeps your body honest to all the foods out there.

I ate super clean for a month or two. One day I went and had some good fast food like wendy's and my stomach was all fuct up for a couple of days because my body was like wtf is this"

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cheat Day or Cheat meal?

cheat day......i do low carb....so....i do 20 carbs a day for the first 2 weeks....after that...i start adding in the Low GI carbs (oatmeal, high fiber bread, wheat pasta) and get the intake to about between 50 and 100 grams of carbs a day.....then i do a 400 carb cheat day (low GI carbs still of course) on either sat or sunday.......then right back to 50 to 100 a day again,,and i do that every week....its working awsome..i did that when i did my venom tri-lean stack.....and it worked awsome.....the first 2 weeks is the killer though...but i like meats so ....its not too much of a big deal for me hehe....

1hotblackchick

Awards
Hi I'm hot chick husban and i have a bad low back problem
my L5 S1 disc is herniated.With kind of work can i do without
making it worst. I'm 5'7'' 155

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I would do a search in the exercise forum you might get some expert advise. All I can think about is cycleing if that doesn't agravate, and some upper body, if you isolate biceps or some other group you might not aggravate your back any more.

If it was me, I would just concentrate on your diet and wait to get it fixed or see what will improve your situation. And lift with your knees.......(sorry had 2)

1hotblackchick

Awards
thanks Kam for telling my stuburn husband that he never listens i told him to weight until he has his surgery . i have bad new i cheated yesterday i had 3 tacos and a small bag of doritos and i got constipated i got on the scale and i am back to 188 the tacos and chips were the only thing i at yesterday after i couldnt go to the bathroom i drank 32 oz of prune juice and a hole box of ex lax and i stll cant go help:frustrate :toilet:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
common sense and searching will make this thread redundant.

don't even think about cheat foods, or cheat days right now. You need to hone in on some common sense dieting.. and just because Trader Joe's has good foods, it doesn't mean all are "diet friendly".. Limit your intake of high glycemic carbs (search this term).. eat more frequent, smaller meals and drink WATER. Drop the tacos, drop the doritos and do a little bit of reading.

Please.

1hotblackchick

Awards
yeah i feel you i feel f#$^ed up but it cool i worked out hard today for an hour and a half but i still cant go to the bath room do you think i should get fiber powder ? this month is no bull sh** my birtday is sept 12 and i want to see a difference so i need a boot camp diet plan and workout plan if anybody can come up with one it would be soooooo great i gotta represent for all the virgos

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I had the same "train stuck in the station problem" After a weekend of heavy drinking, white castle on friday and some crazy asian (viet,korean,chinese) food sat and sunday I was hurtin.

So on monday my friend comes over at 1:30 "lets drink" so I was like I should catch up on my supps and fiber. Made a protein shake with i don't know how many scopes of fiber i sortof just shook it in(yeah and i wasn't drunk) and took like 8 of my vitamins and other supps. We'll for a week I couldn't poop, But I kept up with my water, no greasy foods, Drank a big thing of prune juice over a couple of days. After a little over a week ww3 happend in my bathroom. And when I say ww3 I mean nuclear war, I was struggling because I didn't turn on the fan once.....

I read a bunch about it online, what i heard was warm milk before bed, lots of water and eat as much fruit and veges as you can handle. Actually I think the oj and the prune juice did it. I really feel good now, I think everyone should drink a thing of prune juice espiecially if they were eating crappy food for 4 years (me in college) def let's your system restart.

So hang in there, the train will leave the station. Trust me your stomach will make some crazy azz noises once the prune juice starts it's cleansing. Lot's of water, and I ran and did ab workout on the ab chair too.

It even said that some people go once a week for there whole lives and it's no problem. Don't stress yourself out, keep up with water,prune juice,salad, and warm milk before bed.

And get some air fresheners.

Gl, all this talk about this makes me wanta go #2.

1hotblackchick

Awards
I had the same "train stuck in the station problem" After a weekend of heavy drinking, white castle on friday and some crazy asian (viet,korean,chinese) food sat and sunday I was hurtin.

So on monday my friend comes over at 1:30 "lets drink" so I was like I should catch up on my supps and fiber. Made a protein shake with i don't know how many scopes of fiber i sortof just shook it in(yeah and i wasn't drunk) and took like 8 of my vitamins and other supps. We'll for a week I couldn't poop, But I kept up with my water, no greasy foods, Drank a big thing of prune juice over a couple of days. After a little over a week ww3 happend in my bathroom. And when I say ww3 I mean nuclear war, I was struggling because I didn't turn on the fan once.....

I read a bunch about it online, what i heard was warm milk before bed, lots of water and eat as much fruit and veges as you can handle. Actually I think the oj and the prune juice did it. I really feel good now, I think everyone should drink a thing of prune juice espiecially if they were eating crappy food for 4 years (me in college) def let's your system restart.

So hang in there, the train will leave the station. Trust me your stomach will make some crazy azz noises once the prune juice starts it's cleansing. Lot's of water, and I ran and did ab workout on the ab chair too.

It even said that some people go once a week for there whole lives and it's no problem. Don't stress yourself out, keep up with water,prune juice,salad, and warm milk before bed.

And get some air fresheners.

Gl, all this talk about this makes me wanta go #2.
heehee you are too funny i will take your advice thanks :blink:

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
IT'll work just don't stress to much about it.

Nothing stops a train...

i'm sorry can't help myself, i'm getting goofy, i'm tired and hungry, but it's to late to eat. And i can't stand cottege cheese by itself.

1hotblackchick

Awards
i just went to a web site for low glycemic food i printed the list i am going to try my best to stick to a extra clean diet these next 40 days that means no cheese and mayo bummer... but they say it takes 21 days to start a habit and 21 days to break a habit so i figure if i go 40 days eating clean i can make it a life style and like you said have one cheat day a month :head: i can when this...i will win this battle I WILL GET MY OLD BODY BACK YEEAAHH!!!!!!

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi I'm hot chick husban and i have a bad low back problem
my L5 S1 disc is herniated.With kind of work can i do without
making it worst. I'm 5'7'' 155

I have the same problem.....L5 S1........blew them out when i was 18....had pain down my left leg and i walked with a limp for a while......never had surgery..i had epidural blocks instead...and a shot of cortisone every once in a while .....the most i can tell you from experience....is that you have to let your body tell you what is and isnt ok.....for me......squats are a BIG NO NO......but pretty much everything else is ok.....like i said...i blew them out 8 years ago....and my body ajusted to the pain.....i dont even realize i have a back problem anymore unless i sit for a long period of time (over 1 hour or so), stand for a long time (over an hour), or i am just fatigued by not enough sleep. So i maybe lucky.....i maybe the norm...i dont know....just be careful on what you do.....and do what everyone else has said...read up on it and consult your doctor.

Personally....if you dont have alot of pain....i suggest maybe putting the surgery off ....i havent heard one good thing yet from people who had the surgery.....thats why i never did it....and like i said..my body adjusted to the pain....but...its all in the individual.

1hotblackchick

Awards
I have the same problem.....L5 S1........blew them out when i was 18....had pain down my left leg and i walked with a limp for a while......never had surgery..i had epidural blocks instead...and a shot of cortisone every once in a while .....the most i can tell you from experience....is that you have to let your body tell you what is and isnt ok.....for me......squats are a BIG NO NO......but pretty much everything else is ok.....like i said...i blew them out 8 years ago....and my body ajusted to the pain.....i dont even realize i have a back problem anymore unless i sit for a long period of time (over 1 hour or so), stand for a long time (over an hour), or i am just fatigued by not enough sleep. So i maybe lucky.....i maybe the norm...i dont know....just be careful on what you do.....and do what everyone else has said...read up on it and consult your doctor.

Personally....if you dont have alot of pain....i suggest maybe putting the surgery off ....i havent heard one good thing yet from people who had the surgery.....thats why i never did it....and like i said..my body adjusted to the pain....but...its all in the individual.
they want to do the new disc replacement surgery.he has already gone thru 4 epidurals and also physical therapy so we are still waiting for the surgury he is in severe pain most of the time they have him on so many meds it crazy ..but he trys to stay away for them because there addictive. he has been going through this for the past year and a half now . do you have any suggestions on easing the pain?

1hotblackchick

Awards
hey guys! what time should i eat my first meal and what time should i eat my last i go to bed after south park :head: goes off ..12:00 AM i have heard people on a diet say no food after 7:00 but since i have been here i heard eat before bed to keep your metabolism burning ..whats considered before bed what time for me? and how many cal?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Eat your first meal immediately upon waking, unless you're doing a.m. cardio, in which case you should have it asap after cardio. You can eliminate carbs after 7pm, but I'd eat probably two more meals of protein, green veggies, and some healthy fats (avocado, natty pb, flax oil).

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
they want to do the new disc replacement surgery.he has already gone thru 4 epidurals and also physical therapy so we are still waiting for the surgury he is in severe pain most of the time they have him on so many meds it crazy ..but he trys to stay away for them because there addictive. he has been going through this for the past year and a half now . do you have any suggestions on easing the pain?
hmm....i havent heard alot about the new surgery they have...i guess its out of the experimental stages now.....well....if he is in severe pain all the time....no matter what he does....i really dont think anything i can say will help....i went through PT also..and it didnt do much for me either.....the only things that noticeably helped were the Cortisone shots and the epidural blocks (i only did 1 epidural block) pretty much just keep doing the stretching exercises that the PT gave you......man that sucks...im remembering the sever pain i had when i first hurt myself and just thinking about having it for a year straight is making my shiver.....its good that he is staying away from the drugs...if he can stand the pain....its good to stay away from them...saves the liver and other organs some stress. i lived on IBprofen for the first year or so (about 1000mg a shot) probably wasnt the greatest for my liver..

if he is hell bent on working out...again..he just has to listen to his body...if he feels his back acting up....stop doing it.....there are plenty of websites for alternative exercises.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey guys! what time should i eat my first meal and what time should i eat my last i go to bed after south park :head: goes off ..12:00 AM i have heard people on a diet say no food after 7:00 but since i have been here i heard eat before bed to keep your metabolism burning ..whats considered before bed what time for me? and how many cal?

i agree with beowulf.....he knows his stuff....stay away from most of the carbs after 7pm......the ONLY exception i might have for that is maybe having some of the quaker weight control instant oatmeal before bed.....its low GI....digests slow...and will keep your body working all night digesting it....but thats just my opinion...i love that oatmeal....but its all on what your preference is......like i said....Beowulf knows his stuff.....probably alot more than i do....plus he's alot skinnier than me also...lol....

1hotblackchick

Awards
thanks guys ! iam really motivated thanks to all of your help and support this is a great forum ..i got on the grind yesterday after my cheat day because i went back up to 189 but so today i got on the scale and i am down to 185.0 and i didnt gain an body fat so i am cool thanks again for all your help and support you guys are the best:head:

1hotblackchick

Awards
disregard this error

Last edited:

1hotblackchick

Awards
disregard error

Last edited:

1hotblackchick

Awards
i hope my pic came up i am trying to download them

1hotblackchick

Awards
hey guys!! .........i went to the sand dunes today i havent been in almost 2 years i did about 45 mins and later i am going to do a little lifting .i have an extreme amount of energy i think it has alot to do with my diet i trying to do it as clean as possible....today i had a 16 0z jamba juice and for lunch i had shrimp stir fry no rice i dont know whats for dinner ..thanks again for all of your advice ..oh another thing my knee is starting to hurt any recomendations:woohoo:

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My advice is that you need to stop weighing yourself all the time.
Limit it to 1 time per week on the same day and at the same time.
You weight changes throughout the day, and water can play a huge role in this fluctuation.
By focussing only on the weight loss, you will start to obsess with the numbers and this can lead to de-motivation if you can't see them moving.
Keep a good diet and excercise routing going and think about this being a long term goal, and it should be easy to stick to.
KG

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
My advice is that you need to stop weighing yourself all the time.
Limit it to 1 time per week on the same day and at the same time.
You weight changes throughout the day, and water can play a huge role in this fluctuation.
By focussing only on the weight loss, you will start to obsess with the numbers and this can lead to de-motivation if you can't see them moving.
Keep a good diet and excercise routing going and think about this being a long term goal, and it should be easy to stick to.
KG

Good call, I said something like this as well.................

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I concur, the more you stress out and think about something.(like eating good and losing weight) the more you'll think about cheating, i had that problem before as soon as I would get pysched about losing weight all I could think about was food.

Save the scale when you notice a change in the mirror or something to that extent.

Keep up the good work. I'm down to 194.4 and I can't wait to break into the 180's. I'm really liking the burn3d, take it 15 minutes before meal. Check it out if you start to platuea, it got me through mine pretty darn quick.

1hotblackchick

Awards
I concur, the more you stress out and think about something.(like eating good and losing weight) the more you'll think about cheating, i had that problem before as soon as I would get pysched about losing weight all I could think about was food.

Save the scale when you notice a change in the mirror or something to that extent.

Keep up the good work. I'm down to 194.4 and I can't wait to break into the 180's. I'm really liking the burn3d, take it 15 minutes before meal. Check it out if you start to platuea, it got me through mine pretty darn quick.
you know what your right i do think about food alot while i am dieting i m just so worried about losing its a allday everyday thing ..

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
come on, if you know your eating clean and dieting there is only good results to come. I've realized this, and on top of that my stomach has shrunken a lot so I actually have to make sure i'm eating, hopefully you can get to that state too. I've been doing this for a couple of months, and the mind pysch out thing about eating all the time will pass. And did the train leave the station yet?